The Off Topic Lounge: Wara Wara OTiiverse Plaza Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#2651 Posted by starwarsjunky (24722 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Jaysonguy said:

PAX East tickets and hotels will be open to the public today for anyone who's going.

way to post that on a day i'm not checking the lounge...

As long as you have your tickets

yep. i do. cost me $50 extra though =/

BAH!

You need to add me on AIM or Yahoo or something, Jordan does and boy he's delighted we're friends! lol

i would if i had either one =P

#2652 Edited by wiifan001 (18349 posts) -

Turned off the freekin telly after the 3rd inning I did

#2653 Posted by roboccs (6898 posts) -

Why is there no community link in the upper left corner of the mobile site anymore? I had to go into my history to get into the forums...

And thank goodness for off tv play with that atrocious baseball game last night... I didn't want to turn it off but I still wanted to game... I notice I've played a lot of Wii on the gamepad since Nintendo made that an option.

#2654 Posted by starwarsjunky (24722 posts) -

@Jaysonguy said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Jaysonguy said:

PAX East tickets and hotels will be open to the public today for anyone who's going.

way to post that on a day i'm not checking the lounge...

As long as you have your tickets

yep. i do. cost me $50 extra though =/

BAH!

You need to add me on AIM or Yahoo or something, Jordan does and boy he's delighted we're friends! lol

i would if i had either one =P

doesn't steam chat count?

#2655 Edited by Pierst179 (10715 posts) -
@roboccs said:

And thank goodness for off tv play with that atrocious baseball game last night... I didn't want to turn it off but I still wanted to game... I notice I've played a lot of Wii on the gamepad since Nintendo made that an option.

Yep, that game was over after the first inning.

The Cardinals are a great team, but considering how sloppy their playing was, overcoming the lead the Sox built on the game's first half-inning was pretty much impossible.

PS: I have never even tried off-screen play. It is a cool feature, but I never got to a point on which I had to use it.

#2656 Edited by roboccs (6898 posts) -

@Pierst179: well, when you're watching the game tonight and you get the urge to play a WiiU game, give it a shot. Or I've also had a decent time following and commenting on the mlb playoffs through TVii... It's kind of fun to interact with others.

#2657 Edited by Pierst179 (10715 posts) -
@roboccs said:

@Pierst179: well, when you're watching the game tonight and you get the urge to play a WiiU game, give it a shot. Or I've also had a decent time following and commenting on the mlb playoffs through TVii... It's kind of fun to interact with others.

I will try that sometime. But today, if the game gets boring, I will most likely go for Pokemon X.

#2658 Edited by wiifan001 (18349 posts) -

*gasp* A win!

kind of a sloppy win, but a win nonetheless.

Staying up tonight to catch the Arkahm Origin reviews. While I'm sure it'll still be great, I'm eager to see if WB can hold up to par with Rocksteady's Asylum & City

Never mind, forget it. It's been an hour and no reviews. I thought like a dozen or so would have swarmed in at once but not this time

#2659 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

@ttualumni13: D: I fell asleep by 9:45 last night. I don't understand...

#2660 Edited by roboccs (6898 posts) -
#2661 Posted by MethodManFTW (25505 posts) -

@wiifan001: I'm really enjoying it so far.. Played about an hour and a half of it on Steam last night and just started downloading Arkham Origins Blackgate on Vita this morning.

I see Gamespot gave it a 6 for not really offering anything new and bad multiplayer..

I doubt I will ever boot up the MP, so I don't care at all about that.. And yeah, so far, it doesn't really offer anything new.. But it has an absolutely fantastic shell of game play, characters, graphics, etc that I don't really care. I read Batman comics quite frequently, so being able to play another Batman story is an A+ in my book. However, I'm scared that when I play Blackgate at work it will spoil stuff from Arkham Origins since it takes place three months after. -.-

#2662 Edited by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

@roboccs: My life is over now. At least I have my 3DS with me.

#2663 Posted by JordanElek (17719 posts) -

That sounds like how I feel about every Assassin's Creed game that comes out. I love that formula so much that I don't care if there isn't much new to it.... for the most part. They have to do a good job with it, at least. Revelations wasn't that good because the locale wasn't that good. But if they get the basics right, I'll keep playing more of it.

#2664 Posted by roboccs (6898 posts) -

Gamespot reviews upset me because if each game that is reviewed isn't "groundbreaking" or "revolutionary" or if it doesn't have some deep message to it, it gets panned. Methodman and Jordan have the right idea.

#2665 Posted by wiifan001 (18349 posts) -

So what I'm reading over and over is it plays it safe, too safe.

In the hands of a new developer taking the next step following a AAA title from the previous year, I'd really rather they play it safe than say... do something crazy different and screw it up immensely.

It plays safe, and I'm ok with that this time.

#2666 Posted by MethodManFTW (25505 posts) -

@roboccs: I wouldn't ever let them upset you. Just one persons opinion man. :P

#2667 Posted by roboccs (6898 posts) -

@MethodManFTW: upset is a strong word... Annoy is better. I don't base buying decisions on reviews... I watch gameplay vids and get advice and questions answered by you all.

#2668 Posted by roboccs (6898 posts) -

Oh I forgot... Hey Wreck, I didn't realize TTU was playing OU this weekend. Huge game for you guys! Good luck!!

#2669 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

My initiation for work included a McGangBang and McFlurry with an apple pie mixed in it. I feel fat and gross. I was on a diet and I was packing healthy lunch all week lol.

Nice of them to pay for it and take me out though :P.

#2670 Posted by roboccs (6898 posts) -
#2671 Posted by TTUalumni13 (458 posts) -

@roboccs: Thanks man, Lubbock has been buzzing since the offseason because of Kingsbury coming home, him being the first Big 12 coach to ever win his first 7 career games and the team playing solid ball has everything CRAZY. If we win tomorrow the next home game is going to be a hornets nest, so excited :D

#2672 Edited by Pierst179 (10715 posts) -

I will probably still get Arkham Origins, but I am definitely negatively surprised by the scores it has been getting.

I am curious to see how Assassin's Creed IV will be judged by the press.

#2673 Edited by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
@roboccs said:

@haziqonfire: what's a mcgangbang?

It's double cheese burger with a junior chicken inside of it.

See here:

I felt fat and gross after - and really lazy. I hadn't had McDonald's in a while, but you really notice how crappy it makes you feel and how lazy you feel after you eat it, because it's terrible.

@Pierst179 I'm waiting to see if ACIV ends up being good or not and probably just picking it up during boxing day. Looking back at ACIII though, I kind of almost hated it. I beat it and it really just left a bad taste in my mouth. ACIV has always looked better to me, so I hope that's the case.

#2674 Posted by wiifan001 (18349 posts) -

I played the first AC game earlier this month, my first ever AC game.

The world was great but good grief the gameplay was shallow and so repetitive!

I'll give its sequel AC2 a chance but if it doesn't take a big leap over the 1st I'm backing out of the franchise.

#2675 Edited by JordanElek (17719 posts) -

I played the first AC game earlier this month, my first ever AC game.

The world was great but good grief the gameplay was shallow and so repetitive!

I'll give its sequel AC2 a chance but if it doesn't take a big leap over the 1st I'm backing out of the franchise.

AC2 might be the biggest leap of any sequel from its predecessor ever. Brotherhood is the pinnacle of the series so far.

I'm waiting for reviews of ACIV to see if I'm going to get it on WiiU or PC. If the gamepad is used a bit better than in AC3, even if it's just a better map, I'll get it on WiiU. It comes out a few weeks later on PC for some reason, but it'll look better there and I'll at least have the option of the DLC if it turns out to be worth it.

#2676 Posted by roboccs (6898 posts) -

@haziqonfire: I bet that tasted amazing!! But you're right, one would have to feel HORRIBLE after eating that!

#2677 Edited by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

@roboccs: It went through stages.

1. Oh God what is this beast
  2. Okay this is not bad, it's tastes pretty okay.
  3. Oh man I'm so full
  4. God I hope I don't puke in the office
  5. Holy crap it's almost 5PM, I need to get home ASAP

lol.

Oh I forgot to mention. I'm finally glad that Club Nintendo has something I want to order. I have like 1200 coins, but that 3DS XL Cradle is what I'm going to end up buying.

A red 3DS XL Cradle to match my red 3DS XL.

#2678 Posted by roboccs (6898 posts) -

@haziqonfire: on the bright side, at least it seems like you work with a good, fun group of people. That's a funny initiation. As long as they aren't like frat boy asses about that kind of stuff then have fun with it.

#2679 Edited by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

@roboccs: Yeah they're great - and all from my program at Uni lol.

#2680 Edited by Pierst179 (10715 posts) -
@haziqonfire said:
@Pierst179 I'm waiting to see if ACIV ends up being good or not and probably just picking it up during boxing day. Looking back at ACIII though, I kind of almost hated it. I beat it and it really just left a bad taste in my mouth. ACIV has always looked better to me, so I hope that's the case.

ACIV is one of those rare cases on which I say that my purchase of the title depends on the reviews it gets.

ACIII was nice in a few spots, but when you come in after the awesomeness that was ACII and bump into a game that keeps you on a leash for half of its length and whose missions feel overly scripted, whatever greatness is in there gets lost in the midst of our frustration of playing a game that could have been so much more.

I feel like the developers got too greedy with cinematic content and storytelling and absolutely blew the gameplay.

The ship missions were absolutely great, though, so ACIV could turn out to be quite good.

#2681 Edited by roboccs (6898 posts) -

Bummer about your Red Raiders Wreck... Tried to make the comeback but it's hard to win big games on the road in college football. Now I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to watch Game 3 of the Series or UCLA vs. Oregon... both are incredibly intriguing.

#2682 Posted by roboccs (6898 posts) -

Wow! Crazy finish to the baseball game! If the 3rd baseman wouldn't have put his feet up and trip the runner like an idiot the ump may not have made that obstruction call.

#2683 Posted by TTUalumni13 (458 posts) -

All good, I'm proud of the young team going into a historically very difficult stadium to win in. Freshman mistakes killed us, but stayed in it until the final seconds. They've got a lot of fight in them, under Tuberville that same team gives up and gets blown out. Future looks bright!

#2684 Posted by Jaysonguy (37520 posts) -

@roboccs said:

Wow! Crazy finish to the baseball game! If the 3rd baseman wouldn't have put his feet up and trip the runner like an idiot the ump may not have made that obstruction call.

I enjoyed that.

Good to see that a call like that was made in the game.

#2685 Edited by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

@Pierst179: I pretty much agree. We'll find out soon enough anyway :P. I forgot it was out this month, I was thinking next month for some reason.

#2686 Posted by Pierst179 (10715 posts) -
@roboccs said:

The game was awesome. It was 2 am over here by the time the 9th inning was ending, so I was almost falling asleep while sitting on the couch, but that finish sure woke me up.

#2687 Edited by roboccs (6898 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: it was the right call IMO. The ump made it with conviction too. Plus I love seeing the Sox lose!

#2688 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

I like this whole doing whatever you want on weekends thing now that I don't have to worry about school. When I had classes I still had homework to do during the week and during the weekends, but now I don't have to worry about any of that.

I've spent all of today basically catching up on all the Pokemon action I missed out during the week - and I'm going to be taking my 3DS with me everyday from now on ... I need all those StreetPass tags and I can play on the commute.

Work stuff stays at work, home time to relax :).

#2689 Posted by roboccs (6898 posts) -

MATTHEW STAFFORD IS A GAMER!!!! No I don't mean he plays video games (although I'm sure he does cuz he's awesome)... Huge win for the Lions!!

#2690 Posted by wiifan001 (18349 posts) -

*sigh*

I was hoping we wouldn't have to go back to Boston's Stadium. :(

#2691 Edited by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

Next gen game download sizes are so huge... Killzone Shadow Fall is almost 50GB, Knack is 37GB and CoD Ghosts is 50GB.

This basically makes it certain that I'll never buy digitally. 50GB is almost my max limit from my ISP for the month ... GG Canada.

#2692 Posted by Pierst179 (10715 posts) -
@roboccs said:

MATTHEW STAFFORD IS A GAMER!!!! No I don't mean he plays video games (although I'm sure he does cuz he's awesome)... Huge win for the Lions!!

Megatron was a best on that game.

It sort of made me wish I was not so focused on the MLB right now, because I totally skipped that game when it was showing on TV.

#2693 Edited by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

It seems like Assassin's Creed IV is not bad after all. Mostly all the reviews have been positive, especially the GameSpot one. Still looking for some Wii U specifics though.

I'm surprised by the score but also cautious. Assassin's Creed III got great reviews too but was one of the weaker entries in the series by far in my opinion ... hopefully this isn't the same case with ACIV.

#2694 Posted by roboccs (6898 posts) -

@Pierst179: Absolutely Megatron was #1, but on the most important drive Stafford made 2 perfect, tough passes and then ad-libbed the dive into the end zone... People are starting to compare him to Favre... He'll have you screaming eff-you at the TV... Then a few plays later when it counts you'll think he's the greatest thing on earth!

#2695 Edited by JordanElek (17719 posts) -

@haziqonfire: AC3 is waaaayyyyy better than Revelations. Revelations is easily the bottom of the series. AC3 is good but not great, AC2 is great but not excellent, and ACB is the pinnacle. The first one barely counts.

ACIV feels like another Brotherhood to me, in that they're just going all out with a single good idea. Brotherhood has one amazing city and the brotherhood mechanic, and they perfected that stuff. ACIV seems like it takes the best ideas from AC3 and fine tunes them, at least from what I know. I've mostly blacked out coverage for it because I know I'm going to play it.

If anyone sees a detailed description of the gamepad features somewhere, let me know. The NWR reviewer says it's just a map that can be zoomed and that's it, but I don't know if I really trust that. If the map can be freely zoomed and waypointed with a tap, I'll get the WiiU version right now.

#2696 Edited by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

I beat Pokemon. Now what.

#2697 Posted by MethodManFTW (25505 posts) -

I liked Revelations better than 3.

3 was ok, but I didn't think it was spectacular or anything.. Those two sets of tutorials still bothers me to this day.

#2698 Edited by Pierst179 (10715 posts) -

I beat Pokemon. Now what.

I did some Super Training today, my team now has the EVs I want.

Now it is time to do the Terminus

There is the Terminus Cave and the Pokemon Village Cave to do! =D

So, it seems ACIV is quite awesome. I have been going over the reviews, and while I am not sure I will buy Arkham Origins anymore, I am absolutely sure I will get ACIV once Pokemon, Zelda and Mario are properly finished.

#2699 Edited by roboccs (6898 posts) -

I've never played an AC game. I take that back, I played the one on PSP... Such a bad game.

But AC4 actually looks tempting. I haven't bought a single WiiU game since getting it last Christmas.

Wish there was a demo or something.

#2700 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

I did some Super Training today, my team now has the EVs I want.

Now it is time to do the Terminus

There is the Terminus Cave and the Pokemon Village Cave to do! =D

So, it seems ACIV is quite awesome. I have been going over the reviews, and while I am not sure I will buy Arkham Origins anymore, I am absolutely sure I will get ACIV once Pokemon, Zelda and Mario are properly finished.

Oh I totally forgot about those two caves. I also have to explore some areas that I didn't get the chance to ... I think I'm missing one TM to break those walls. I need an HM/TM whore in my party too now lol.

I'm looking into ACIV too, but I'm waiting to hear about the Wii U version. I don't want to buy it for my 360, but I'm pretty confident it's a good port.