The Off Topic Lounge: Wara Wara OTiiverse Plaza Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -

I can't tell if Wreck and SolidTy are friends or if that dude is just an asshoIe.MethodManFTW
They're not friends. They're best friends.

spongebob-and-patrick-mushtash-gif.gif

#152 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I can't tell if Wreck and SolidTy are friends or if that dude is just an asshoIe.meetroid8

They're not friends. They're best friends.

Why must you rub it in that I didn't get the Kelp Moustache kit I wanted for Christmas :(

#153 Posted by super600 (31017 posts) -

Lol!I can't believe someone created this. It's related to aome winnie the pooh baseball flash game that was recently released.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Quvm7OS8b6

#154 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -

Lol!I can't believe someone created this. It's related to aome winnie the pooh baseball flash game that was recently released.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Quvm7OS8b6

super600
What am I listening to right now?
#155 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Who do y'all have in the championship game tonight? My head says Bama, but I still want ND to pull the upset..

#156 Posted by roboccs (7349 posts) -

Who do y'all have in the championship game tonight? My head says Bama, but I still want ND to pull the upset..WreckEm711

My thoughts exactly. It's gettin ugly early here though.... Freakin SEC....

#157 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]Who do y'all have in the championship game tonight? My head says Bama, but I still want ND to pull the upset..roboccs

My thoughts exactly. It's gettin ugly early here though.... Freakin SEC....

Yup.. their bowl record has taken a bit of a knock over last season with LSU and Florida getting knocked off, so little by little they'll fall :D

#158 Posted by roboccs (7349 posts) -

What a stinker of a football game. I did play some Arc Rise Fantasia during halftime and completed the boss in the forest with the colored venus flytraps (the name escapes me). Boss battles in the game are tense!!

#159 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

What a stinker of a football game. I did play some Arc Rise Fantasia during halftime and completed the boss in the forest with the colored venus flytraps (the name escapes me). Boss battles in the game are tense!!

roboccs

I'm on the entrance to that area! First save point, excited to get further through. You nailed it on the boss battles, definitely my favorite part of the game, they're tough!!

#160 Posted by roboccs (7349 posts) -

[QUOTE="roboccs"]

WreckEm711

I'm on the entrance to that area! First save point, excited to get further through. You nailed it on the boss battles, definitely my favorite part of the game, they're tough!!

Yup, you have to think about every move you make. I'm using up a lot of healing items but I have no other choice. It feels so good when you finally get that victory. The battle system keeps expanding too.
#161 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="roboccs"]

roboccs

Yup, you have to think about every move you make. I'm using up a lot of healing items but I have no other choice. It feels so good when you finally get that victory. The battle system keeps expanding too.

Im using a lot too.. The healing spells haven't seemed worth it up until this point, heal less and you only get a couple shots before you're out.. The magic system was kinda hastily explained so I don't really get all the orbs and slots and the 1/2/3/4 level differences...

#162 Posted by roboccs (7349 posts) -
Higher level spells are stronger. If you pair conflicting orbs like fire and water I think it lowers the level of the spells. It makes me laugh a bit because it's old school and you end up buying higher levels instead of learning them. I think the magic and weapon systems are both confusing overall. I also don'y understand the dp system or whatever it is. Still, I've gotten through quite a few jrpgs without 100% grasp of all the systems. It makes life harder but my laziness takes over simetimes and I just deal with it.
#163 Posted by JordanElek (18073 posts) -

What a stinker of a football game.roboccs
Indeed. I was more emotionally involved in this game because my brother spent around $2400 on tickets for him and his wife to be at the game. It's gotta suck 2400x more for him than for fans watching at home.

It would've been nice for at least part of the game to be exciting, but I'm guessing the only time his heart rate surged was early in the first quarter in anger at the refs. At least Alabama continued to prove they were the better team. Games that are basically decided by bad calls are the worst.

#164 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="roboccs"]What a stinker of a football game.JordanElek

Indeed. I was more emotionally involved in this game because my brother spent around $2400 on tickets for him and his wife to be at the game. It's gotta suck 2400x more for him than for fans watching at home.

It would've been nice for at least part of the game to be exciting, but I'm guessing the only time his heart rate surged was early in the first quarter in anger at the refs. At least Alabama continued to prove they were the better team. Games that are basically decided by bad calls are the worst.

Ugh, I really feel for all the ND fans who got tickets to that one... ticket prices were insane this year, that's gotta be bitter. Really disappointed in that ND didn't even seem to come with their game from the start. Some of it was Bama, but even on unforced stuff they simply didn't look like the same team, damn the long layovers -_-

#165 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Alright, calling out for some advice from the ever wise and all knowing OT'ers...

I want to start getting into camping as a hobby, I went all the time as a kid and loved it, and now that I'm about the graduate and get a good income I want to start actually delving into my hobbies and interests now that I'll be able to afford them.. Good beginners tents? Good checklist of stuff to take? Any general pointers? :)

#166 Posted by Jaysonguy (37973 posts) -

Alright, calling out for some advice from the ever wise and all knowing OT'ers...

I want to start getting into camping as a hobby, I went all the time as a kid and loved it, and now that I'm about the graduate and get a good income I want to start actually delving into my hobbies and interests now that I'll be able to afford them.. Good beginners tents? Good checklist of stuff to take? Any general pointers? :)

WreckEm711

If you bring a woman make sure she's not on her menstrual cycle.

That's first and foremost.

Animals can smell that for miles and bring a lot of unwanted visits

#167 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

Jaysonguy

If you bring a woman make sure she's not on her menstrual cycle.

That's first and foremost.

Animals can smell that for miles and bring a lot of unwanted visits

Lol nah, would just be myself or a couple of buddies.

#168 Posted by _BlueDuck_ (11986 posts) -

WreckEm711

How much do you plan on "roughing it"? Are you going to a camp spot with fire pits and washroom facilities? Or are you just going to drive in to the woods and set up camp?

#169 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

_BlueDuck_

How much do you plan on "roughing it"? Are you going to a camp spot with fire pits and washroom facilities? Or are you just going to drive in to the woods and set up camp?

My ultimate goal is to backpack a little bit (nothing extreme, a weekend at the most), but I want to start at primitive campgrounds, we've got a great one about an hour away off a lake that's nice and secluded, no facilities, etc. So I want to start out roughing it, but no Bear Bryant stuff :P

#170 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -
awesome "Trenches" article today! :P
#171 Posted by _BlueDuck_ (11986 posts) -

[QUOTE="_BlueDuck_"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

My ultimate goal is to backpack a little bit (nothing extreme, a weekend at the most), but I want to start at primitive campgrounds, we've got a great one about an hour away off a lake that's nice and secluded, no facilities, etc. So I want to start out roughing it, but no Bear Bryant stuff :P

Cool man, here's a few things that are a good idea to bring; a hatchet/axe, and a knife/swiss army knife/multitool. Bring fire making materials such as lighters and matches and some kindling, and consider fire starting fluid, newspaper and pre-cut wood if you are not too proficient with an axe or if you don't think you'll be able to find dry wood. Also get a blue tarp and some bungie cord or rope, becomes invaluable for making a quick shelter over your fire/tent/seating area in cases of rain.

Obviously food and water are necessary, as are toiletries. Depending on if space/weight are an issue (do you plan on carrying all your supplies around in a backpack?), you might want to invest in some water purification tablets. Saves a lot of weight and space over getting a flat of water bottles or jugs. Also makes room for beer, which I assume you'll want to take. And smokes if that's your thing. When I go camping I like to bring a lot of canned and dried food (beef jerkey is the best), things that don't need to be kept cold and don't necessarily need to be heated, saves you a lot of hassle over trying to keep track of how cold you are keeping things and when things will go bad. That said, having a small cooler with a few steaks or meat is great. Just plan and time your meals accordingly. This is much less of an issue if there is a place nearby that you can restock on bags of ice daily. And for god sakes if you bring canned foods, remember a can opener, axes get messy for such purposes. Cards or boardgames are always fun things to have when you're bored out camping too.

#172 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Cool man, here's a few things that are a good idea to bring; a hatchet/axe, and a knife/swiss army knife/multitool. Bring fire making materials such as lighters and matches and some kindling, and consider fire starting fluid, newspaper and pre-cut wood if you are not too proficient with an axe or if you don't think you'll be able to find dry wood. Also get a blue tarp and some bungie cord or rope, becomes invaluable for making a quick shelter over your fire/tent/seating area in cases of rain.

Obviously food and water are necessary, as are toiletries. Depending on if space/weight are an issue (do you plan on carrying all your supplies around in a backpack?), you might want to invest in some water purification tablets. Saves a lot of weight and space over getting a flat of water bottles or jugs. Also makes room for beer, which I assume you'll want to take. And smokes if that's your thing. When I go camping I like to bring a lot of canned and dried food (beef jerkey is the best), things that don't need to be kept cold and don't necessarily need to be heated, saves you a lot of hassle over trying to keep track of how cold you are keeping things and when things will go bad. That said, having a small cooler with a few steaks or meat is great. Just plan and time your meals accordingly. This is much less of an issue if there is a place nearby that you can restock on bags of ice daily. And for god sakes if you bring canned foods, remember a can opener, axes get messy for such purposes. Cards or boardgames are always fun things to have when you're bored out camping too.

_BlueDuck_

Thank you so much, I've been trying to get tips on guides online but they all seem to focus on this:

rv_camping1lg.jpg

or this...

bear1.jpg

So thank you for a realistic perspective haha! Never would have thought about a hatchet, not sure how I expected I was going to get wood :P Not sure exactly how far away from the vehicles we'd be at the place I want to go, but carrying water shouldn't be an issue to start, as I get more into it I'll probably get further away to the point that the water treatment tablets would be great to have along.Thanks again, I've got all that stuff down on my pick-up list :P

#173 Posted by Jaysonguy (37973 posts) -

_BlueDuck_

This is why I wont go camping

#174 Posted by _BlueDuck_ (11986 posts) -

[QUOTE="_BlueDuck_"]

WreckEm711

Thank you so much, I've been trying to get tips on guides online but they all seem to focus on this:

or this...

So thank you for a realistic perspective haha! Never would have thought about a hatchet, not sure how I expected I was going to get wood :P Not sure exactly how far away from the vehicles we'd be at the place I want to go, but carrying water shouldn't be an issue to start, as I get more into it I'll probably get further away to the point that the water treatment tablets would be great to have along.Thanks again, I've got all that stuff down on my pick-up list :P

No problem! When I would go camping I usually go to a provincial parks that's really nice. They have lots set up for campers (usually with a fire put and bench), and there are nearby washroom and shower facilities, as well as a town that's not too much of a drive to restock on things. So this place is far from "roughing it", but really gives you the freedom to have whatever kind of camping trip you want. Some people show up in their RVs with every luxury a modern household could provide along with all the food and supplies already packaged and ready. I would just go with some friends with a few backpacks, tents and coolers, seemed like a good balance.

So prepare for whatever kind of experience you want. If you really want that "out in the wilderness" experience, plan a bit more deliberately and bring things that will help you with the essentials.. food, water, fire, shelter. If you want a more leisurely time out in nature with friends, no sense in skipping on things like buying fire wood just because you could in theory cut it all up yourself.

#175 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
I return from Montreal. It is cold in Montreal.
#177 Posted by JordanElek (18073 posts) -

I'm Super Saiyan Yianni! and i wish you an explosive year!Susan552

Woo! Our first bomb threat! Well it's probably our second because that must be a roboquote from Greek, but we all know that he would never blow us up. But you can never trust someone named Susan.

#178 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

[QUOTE="Susan552"]I'm Super Saiyan Yianni! and i wish you an explosive year!JordanElek

But you can never trust someone named Susan.

DUN DUN DUN :shock:

#179 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Freakin jackpot. My cousin is moving out of his parents house and decided to sell his old GameCube stuff that he has up in his closet! He's selling the lot for $100, but he said he'd sell the games to me for $80, which I think is a steal because he has some really good ones in there that still run pretty expensive.. Told him he could get more online but he said it wasn't really a big deal, so I'm not going to push the issue :P Heading over there tomorrow to check it out, his memory card is busted or something so I'm going to have to find one elsewhere, but hooray for another avenue to extend the life of my Wii!

#180 Posted by roboccs (7349 posts) -

Freakin jackpot. My cousin is moving out of his parents house and decided to sell his old GameCube stuff that he has up in his closet! He's selling the lot for $100, but he said he'd sell the games to me for $80, which I think is a steal because he has some really good ones in there that still run pretty expensive.. Told him he could get more online but he said it wasn't really a big deal, so I'm not going to push the issue :P Heading over there tomorrow to check it out, his memory card is busted or something so I'm going to have to find one elsewhere, but hooray for another avenue to extend the life of my Wii!

WreckEm711

:shock: Jackpot indeed!! Gamecube to me is one of the most underappreciated systems out there. Once you get your loot you need to let us know what games you ended up with!

As for camping, I don't have much experience with it. Went a few times with friends but it wasn't too primal. We had tents and sleeping bags and state at campgrounds that had showers and bathrooms, etc. I think they even had areas where you could plug in to but we were young and didn't have an RV or anything like that. We were able to build camp fires, cook on them, and roast marshmellows, etc. And it was one of our friend's time of the month so she got eaten by a bear... :P

#181 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

:shock: Jackpot indeed!! Gamecube to me is one of the most underappreciated systems out there. Once you get your loot you need to let us know what games you ended up with!

roboccs

Will do, I'm very strongly hoping for Wind Waker to be in there, he's a Zelda fan but not sure if he ever picked it up.

As for camping, I don't have much experience with it. Went a few times with friends but it wasn't too primal. We had tents and sleeping bags and state at campgrounds that had showers and bathrooms, etc. I think they even had areas where you could plug in to but we were young and didn't have an RV or anything like that. We were able to build camp fires, cook on them, and roast marshmellows, etc. And it was one of our friend's time of the month so she got eaten by a bear... :P

roboccs

:lol:

#182 Posted by roboccs (7349 posts) -

Will do, I'm very strongly hoping for Wind Waker to be in there, he's a Zelda fan but not sure if he ever picked it up.

WreckEm711

You never played Wind Waker? Even if he doesn't have it you should pick it up. That game is awesome. To me it wasn't as good as Ocarina or ALttP but it's right up there.

I probably played gamecube games on my Wii as much as I played Wii games to be honest.

#183 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

roboccs

You never played Wind Waker? Even if he doesn't have it you should pick it up. That game is awesome. To me it wasn't as good as Ocarina or ALttP but it's right up there.

I probably played gamecube games on my Wii as much as I played Wii games to be honest.

Nope, never. I've hardly played any Gamecube games really. I remember for Christmas that year I asked for either a Gamecube + Pikmin, or an Xbox + Halo, I got the xbox, as did all of my friends, so I never ended up playing it except for at my cousins, and at the time he mostly just had racing games :P

#184 Posted by roboccs (7349 posts) -

[QUOTE="roboccs"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

Nope, never. I've hardly played any Gamecube games really. I remember for Christmas that year I asked for either a Gamecube + Pikmin, or an Xbox + Halo, I got the xbox, as did all of my friends, so I never ended up playing it except for at my cousins, and at the time he mostly just had racing games :P

Well if you like the JRPGs (which I know you somewhat do) I would highly recommend Tales of Symphonia. One of my favorite games of all time. If you like Arc Rise then you'll love ToS. Cliche story but really likeable characters and battle system. Metroid Prime was a can't-miss game too.

#185 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="roboccs"]

roboccs

Well if you like the JRPGs (which I know you somewhat do) I would highly recommend Tales of Symphonia. One of my favorite games of all time. If you like Arc Rise then you'll love ToS. Cliche story but really likeable characters and battle system. Metroid Prime was a can't-miss game too.

Tales of Symphonia is one I am really looking to get! I wanted to get the Wii version but reviews made it seem like i'd be better off playing the first before playing it. I already have the Metroid Trilogy so I'm not really looking for any of the Primes, but I wouldn't mind trying it out with its original controls if its in his lot of games :P

#186 Posted by roboccs (7349 posts) -

Tales of Symphonia is one I am really looking to get! I wanted to get the Wii version but reviews made it seem like i'd be better off playing the first before playing it. I already have the Metroid Trilogy so I'm not really looking for any of the Primes, but I wouldn't mind trying it out with its original controls if its in his lot of games :P

WreckEm711

I would play the original first only to help you appreciate and understand the characters and events in part 2 better. I really like both games though. 2 was no where near as good as the original but to me was one of the better Wii games I played. People do rag on part 2 a lot but I think they thought it would match the first one. Part 2 is much more streamlined and linear than the original.

#187 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

roboccs

I would play the original first only to help you appreciate and understand the characters and events in part 2 better. I really like both games though. 2 was no where near as good as the original but to me was one of the better Wii games I played. People do rag on part 2 a lot but I think they thought it would match the first one. Part 2 is much more streamlined and linear than the original.

I think thats the best part of going back and playing stuff like this after the fact, no hype or expectations that lead to disappointment :P Sometimes I wish my curiosity would die down enough so that I could avoid almost all media surrounding games I'm excited for, seems like when I go into them not knowing every single feature and aspect of it, I enjoy it a lot more :P

#188 Posted by roboccs (7349 posts) -

I think thats the best part of going back and playing stuff like this after the fact, no hype or expectations that lead to disappointment :P Sometimes I wish my curiosity would die down enough so that I could avoid almost all media surrounding games I'm excited for, seems like when I go into them not knowing every single feature and aspect of it, I enjoy it a lot more :P

WreckEm711

Yeah, me too. My only problem is I'm too addicted to this site!

#189 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -

WreckEm711

No, you'll enjoy ToS 2 much more if you play it first. Most fans of the first were disappointed by the second because it's a very different kind of game. Expectations ruins games.

#190 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Got back from my cousins and got:

• Viewtiful Joe
  • F-Zero GX
  • Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
  • Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure
  • Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (Yes!!!)
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (:D)
  • Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II
  • Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III

Very excited, he ended up letting me pick and choose, so I picked these out of the pile, which I'm glad he did instead of trying to sell them all to me, there was a lot of crappy looking racers and wrestling games mixed in.. Was hoping he'd still have Twilight Princess because I want to play it in it's original form, and I still need to hunt down Double Dash, Pikmin 2, Luigi's Mansion, and Tales, but I'm thrilled with the start :D

#191 Posted by MethodManFTW (26006 posts) -
Django Unchained is my jam. :O
#192 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Django Unchained is my jam. :OMethodManFTW

That movie was awesome.

#193 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

• Viewtiful Joe
  • F-Zero GX
  • Super Mario Sunshine

Very excited, he ended up letting me pick and choose, so I picked these out of the pile, which I'm glad he did instead of trying to sell them all to me, there was a lot of crappy looking racers and wrestling games mixed in.. Was hoping he'd still have Twilight Princess because I want to play it in it's original form, and I still need to hunt down Double Dash, Pikmin 2, Luigi's Mansion, and Tales, but I'm thrilled with the start :D

WreckEm711
Viewtiful Joe and Mario Sunshine are beyond awesome.
#194 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Django Unchained is my jam. :OWreckEm711

That movie was awesome.

I wanna see it! :P
#195 Posted by roboccs (7349 posts) -

• Viewtiful Joe
  • F-Zero GX
  • Super Mario Sunshine

WreckEm711

Not too shabby at all! You're going to be busy for awhile on those games. Something to keep you busy until the Wii U releases more games or you decide to hold out for the new XBOX or PS4.

#196 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Django Unchained is my jam. :OMethodManFTW
One of the better movies of the year. Was awesome.
#197 Posted by MethodManFTW (26006 posts) -
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]
[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Django Unchained is my jam. :ORod90

That movie was awesome.

I wanna see it! :P

Jews killing nazis and black dudes killing slavers is pretty damn easy subject material to get behind, but god damn these movies are satisfying.
#198 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Not too shabby at all! You're going to be busy for awhile on those games. Something to keep you busy until the Wii U releases more games or you decide to hold out for the new XBOX or PS4.

roboccs

That's what I'm hoping haha. Feels like my Wii is brand new all over again with all these new games to play. Only problem is sitting here looking at them and not having a controller or memory card to play them with:cry:

Viewtiful Joe and Mario Sunshine are beyond awesome.

Rod90

I'm really excited to try Viewtiful Joe, I remember the commercials for it and thinking it looked great! Sunshine looks like it could be fun, definitely a lot different from what I've grown used to in Mario haha

#199 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

jRoD3sttCe4ox.jpg

jPCM2M0EXgtf0.jpg

Goodbye Aqua Blue launch 3DS. We had over 450 hours of fun together, but the you've been replaced. Also what happened to the OT community for Mario Kart 7? Let's get that rolling again ... I have an itch to play MK7!

#200 Posted by roboccs (7349 posts) -

Also what happened to the OT community for Mario Kart 7? Let's get that rolling again ... I have an itch to play MK7!

Haziqonfire

This is why I want the Mario Kart WiiU to come out... I figure all you guys will get it so I can finally join in on an online game with team OT!!

Also, I check the eShop today because I thought it updates at 12pm est on Thursdays and was pumped to see new demos!! ZombieU and NBA2K13!! Downloading both as we speak. I've been curious to just try ZombiU. Never really played a survival horror game other than RE4 (which most purists don't consider survival horror). This was a very pleasant surprise.

My only beef with downloading demos is if I choose the option for the system to power down once the DL's are complete, the gamepad stays turned on and basically wastes my battery charge. Or I can go to the options and turn off the gamepad display but I don't know how much battery that really conserves to just turn off the display and then I can't have my auto power down for the system... I wish there was a better way...