The Off Topic Lounge: Wara Wara OTiiverse Plaza Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]NSMB U was disappointing.JordanElek
It's not if you play it more, and the challenges are awesome. I think this is the first Mario game that I've played for hours after completing the main game 100%.

We got pretty far, forgot what the name was but we were in the castle underwater with a crapton of torpedos shooting from all directions. I lol'd cause one of the Miiverse tips was "Look out for the torpedos!" Gee. thanks. :P I dunno, I guess it felt like the level pacing wasn't as good as NSMB Wii. I also didn't like the squirrel suit much, didn't feel like it added much.

#102 Posted by roboccs (7027 posts) -

I finally got over the wiiu novelty a bit last night and jumped back in to The Last Story. I'm such a sucker for these cliche love stories... Still very early in the game.

Also played some multiplayer Nintendoland. Mario Chase is hilarious!

#103 Posted by Jaysonguy (37641 posts) -

So I'm the one who has to ask about the incest?

Greek, how incesty are we talking here? Cousin, sister, mother?

#104 Posted by MethodManFTW (25742 posts) -
Jayson nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo also, time to do things we regret tonight!
#105 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

I finally got over the wiiu novelty a bit last night and jumped back in to The Last Story. I'm such a sucker for these cliche love stories... Still very early in the game.

roboccs

Nice, I've been wanting to get back to TLS for another play through (Not including the new game plus) so I can work on the Arena more than I did in my first go with it.

I finally decided to start exploring WiiWare a bit more outside of the Bit.Trip games, so I picked up La Mulana and World of Goo. Excited to see how they are, I hear great things!

#106 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Jaysonguy

Incest is something ppl invented through the ages.

Having sex with family is(imo)completely fine.

Me and the gf spend sometime playing DBZ Budokai & Viewtiful Joe 2 on the GC.

Forgot how funny that game was.

We'll go out for a few hours,drink and have fun.

I wish you all lots of fun tonight.:)

#107 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

^^

awkward.gif

#108 Posted by JordanElek (17850 posts) -

We got pretty far, forgot what the name was but we were in the castle underwater with a crapton of torpedos shooting from all directions. I lol'd cause one of the Miiverse tips was "Look out for the torpedos!" Gee. thanks. :P I dunno, I guess it felt like the level pacing wasn't as good as NSMB Wii. I also didn't like the squirrel suit much, didn't feel like it added much.

WreckEm711

Yeah, I felt the same way about the squirrel suit at first, but, like the cape in Super Mario World, you can do some really fun stuff once you get good with it. Some of the challenges require you to fly through a whole level in the squirrel suit without touching the ground.

And my favorite Miiverse moment was when I died in this same spot for like the fifteenth time in a row, and one message popped up saying "AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH" as I was yelling "AAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!" at the TV. I also left vague drawings as hints for some of the more well-hidden secret exits. That kind of stuff is awesome.

#109 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

JordanElek

Yeah, I felt the same way about the squirrel suit at first, but, like the cape in Super Mario World, you can do some really fun stuff once you get good with it. Some of the challenges require you to fly through a whole level in the squirrel suit without touching the ground.

And my favorite Miiverse moment was when I died in this same spot for like the fifteenth time in a row, and one message popped up saying "AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH" as I was yelling "AAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!" at the TV. I also left vague drawings as hints for some of the more well-hidden secret exits. That kind of stuff is awesome.

So you CAN use it like the cape and keep gliding??? I keping trying to figure out if I could but didn't figure it was a mechanic and gave up. I'll have to try that out again when I get another chance to play. Yeah Miiverse seems really cool, didn't get to mess around with it much outside of lol'ing at some of the stuff people would put up :P

#110 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewoz8IIJyqo

And with that song,i leave you!

Have fuuuun,see you next year!

:P

#111 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -

Jaysonguy
WHY do you encourage him??? :?
#112 Posted by Jaysonguy (37641 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

jeffster85

Because we're all wondering

#113 Posted by MethodManFTW (25742 posts) -

[QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Because we're all wondering

no we aren't all wondering
#115 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

roboccs

Will be getting a Wii soon. Can't wait to play Xenoblade and Last Story

#116 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -

[QUOTE="roboccs"]

whiskeystrike

i need to actually start playing last story eventually :P lol
#117 Posted by roboccs (7027 posts) -

[QUOTE="roboccs"]

whiskeystrike

Make it happen, they are both great!
#118 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Happy New Years east coast people!
#119 Posted by JordanElek (17850 posts) -

So you CAN use it like the cape and keep gliding??? I keping trying to figure out if I could but didn't figure it was a mechanic and gave up. I'll have to try that out again when I get another chance to play.WreckEm711

Yeah, but it's not how you think. You get one boost up with R (or shake) per glide, but bouncing off an enemy will reset it so that you get another boost up. The trick is to keep bouncing on enemies, gliding, then boosting up if need be to make it to another enemy. You can also use the wall grab to wait for an enemy to come close enough to bounce on to keep the string going. I think it's way more fun than the cape, since that's just pressing forward and back to glide farther, though that is fun in its own right. But the levels that are designed specifically for the squirrel suit are crazy fun if you play them skillfully.

And I downloaded ZombiU the other day but haven't had a chance to play single player. When I'm done with that, I'm going to get The Last Story and join in the fun. I can't really think of any games on any console for the next few months that I'll have to have right away, so a relatively short RPG should last me long enough to fill that gap.

#120 Posted by roboccs (7027 posts) -
I'm so glad I took one extra day of vacation. I get one more night of gaming before work starts again.
#121 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
I'm so glad I took one extra day of vacation. I get one more night of gaming before work starts again.roboccs
Watcha going to be playing?
#122 Posted by roboccs (7027 posts) -
[QUOTE="roboccs"]I'm so glad I took one extra day of vacation. I get one more night of gaming before work starts again.Haziqonfire

Played some Nintendoland. Probably will do some Xenoblade for a bit then go to bed. This week of staying up late every night has caught up to me....
#123 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="roboccs"]I'm so glad I took one extra day of vacation. I get one more night of gaming before work starts again.roboccs

Played some Nintendoland. Probably will do some Xenoblade for a bit then go to bed. This week of staying up late every night has caught up to me....

I know what you mean.. I splurged on WiiWare stuff, now I want to play it all but I'm exhausted -_-

#124 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-HTTFEk6UM&feature=player_embedded

Lol,have you seen this?

It's a video about dumb ways to die in videogames.

#125 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Have you guys played Max and the Magic Marker..? This game is so neat! So glad for the slew of wii points cards and gamestop gift cards I got as stocking stuffers... I'm loading up on awesome stuff I missed out on :D

#126 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

Have you guys played Max and the Magic Marker..? This game is so neat! So glad for the slew of wii points cards and gamestop gift cards I got as stocking stuffers... I'm loading up on awesome stuff I missed out on :D

WreckEm711
It's too... clunky, don't you think?
#127 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

Rod90

How so? It's felt very fluid to me so far as far as pacing and controls go.

#128 Posted by JordanElek (17850 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

Wait till you get to the later levels. The frame rate gets so choppy that it's almost impossible to draw what you want. I couldn't finish the game because of that.
#129 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="Rod90"] It's too... clunky, don't you think?JordanElek

Wait till you get to the later levels. The frame rate gets so choppy that it's almost impossible to draw what you want. I couldn't finish the game because of that.

That's really disappointing :(

#130 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4763 posts) -

So who else is applying to MU? :P

...i love you, pixar...

#131 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

...i love you, pixar...

ANIMEguy10034

I'm uninterested.

#132 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4763 posts) -

I'm uninterested.

GreekGameManiac

Why? Their academics are frightening good. I would love to major in Liberal Arts and Monstrosities. :P

...yeah, I'm excited for this movie.

#133 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

...i love you, pixar...

ANIMEguy10034
I Lol'd at the .com/edu part for some reason :P
#134 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

I'm uninterested.

ANIMEguy10034

Why? Their academics are frightening good. I would love to major in Liberal Arts and Monstrosities. :P

...yeah, I'm excited for this movie.

Their football team is scary to watch. Not good scary though, Kansas Jayhawk in football scary.
#135 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4763 posts) -

Their football team is scary to watch. Not good scary though, Kansas Jayhawk in football scary.WreckEm711
Good one! :lol:

#136 Posted by roboccs (7027 posts) -

Well, my glorious vacation is over, it's back to work...

Kind of weird to be posting from a computer again! I've done all my posting and interwebbing from the WiiU browser just to have an excuse to turn the thing on.

My main beef with the Wii U is that the VC games cannot be played on the tablet. I understand Wii games not being transferrable due to the motion control issue, but there's no excuse to not be able to play VC games on the screen. I know when accessing the VC you have to go through the Wii menu meaning the Wii U essentially shuts off all together. I pray that Nintendo will have a future update that allows VC games to be played on the tablet. It would expand my ability to game a bunch and it just seems really convenient.

Otherwise, I can't wait to see if developers will take advantage of this technology because I love it.

MiiVerse is addicting too. I love posting and checking my feed and notifications, etc. I hope they expand this as well to not just be limited to game communities. Some general communities would be great too.

#137 Posted by JordanElek (17850 posts) -

I pray that Nintendo will have a future update that allows VC games to be played on the tablet. It would expand my ability to game a bunch and it just seems really convenient.

Otherwise, I can't wait to see if developers will take advantage of this technology because I love it.roboccs

Playing on the gamepad is pretty awesome. I've been staying with my parents for the last two weeks while my brother is in town, so I've had to share the TV most of the time. I didn't even hook the WiiU up to the TV for a few days but managed to play a ton of NSMBU and AC3 on the gamepad while we were watching movies or football or whatever. The only time I've played on the TV has been for multiplayer in Nintendoland and ZombiU.

My guess for VC on the gamepad is that since Nintendo hasn't even released a VC game for the WiiU yet, that's what they're working on. I don't know how they'll handle it, but hopefully it doesn't take too long.

#138 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

"Everything succesful is overrated,and everything not-so-succesful is underrated"

^Absolute truth.(It's just logic)

*cough*OoT*cough*

#139 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Cotton Bowl did not go as expected :O

#140 Posted by roboccs (7027 posts) -

WreckEm711
I expected it. Generally Bob Stoops can't win a big game to save his life. Played my Fifa, Sonic Racing, and Rayman demos... yawn. Fifa was fun but I would not pay $60 knowing it is basically Fifa without the new awesome engine. Still, I love there being the possibility of good demos in the future.
#141 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

roboccs

I expected it. Generally Bob Stoops can't win a big game to save his life. Played my Fifa, Sonic Racing, and Rayman demos... yawn. Fifa was fun but I would not pay $60 knowing it is basically Fifa without the new awesome engine. Still, I love there being the possibility of good demos in the future.

Yeah, but the Aggies have won ONE bowl game in the last 12 years or so... They have historically always found a way to lose in bowls. With all the Manziel hype and heisman touring, them not having a practice until the monday before the bowl, and a bunch of players and coaches leaving for the draft or other jobs, I seriously thought they would come out sluggish and lose :P Happy for them in a way, doesn't help Tech as far as in-state recruiting goes, but I have some Aggies in my family, so good for them :P

#142 Posted by MethodManFTW (25742 posts) -
I can't tell if Wreck and SolidTy are friends or if that dude is just an asshoIe.
#143 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

I can't tell if Wreck and SolidTy are friends or if that dude is just an asshoIe.MethodManFTW

I have no idea who he is :P

#144 Posted by roboccs (7027 posts) -

Miiverse is freakin addicting. The only downfall is that it takes time away from gaming. Whenever I turn the Wii U on the first thing I check is Miiverse and fiddle around in there. There is so much potential to make it even better too. Also, how the heck do people draw so freakin well on there?? People must spend some serious time crafting some of those drawings.

#145 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

System Wars and OT are as annoying and ridiculous as ever.

#146 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

System Wars and OT are as annoying and ridiculous as ever.

GreekGameManiac
Then join them. Please. You know. Just for fun.
#147 Posted by JordanElek (17850 posts) -

Miiverse is freakin addicting. The only downfall is that it takes time away from gaming. Whenever I turn the Wii U on the first thing I check is Miiverse and fiddle around in there. There is so much potential to make it even better too. Also, how the heck do people draw so freakin well on there?? People must spend some serious time crafting some of those drawings.

roboccs

My favorite thing is taking screenshots. Just the fact that you can do it makes me constantly aware of the potential of what I'm playing to be posted as a screenshot. I had a stupid parody of the Ghostbusters theme song in my head for literally MONTHS and never found a chance to use it until I came across a goat in Assassin's Creed 3. Thanks Miiverse!

#148 Posted by painguy1 (8686 posts) -

I made a post on the rabbids land community after Jim Sterling started the William Dafoe craze on that page. I wasn't expecting this much attention :P

741055_4056131367639_1789732559_o.jpg

#149 Posted by JordanElek (17850 posts) -

I made a post on the rabbids land community after Jim Sterling started the William Dafoe craze on that page. I wasn't expecting this much attention :P

painguy1

LOL, that's just the right kind of stupidity that the internet loves. :)

#150 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

painguy1

XD

Win.