The Off Topic Lounge: Wara Wara OTiiverse Plaza Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1401 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Sorry Roboccs. Maybe next year lol.
#1402 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
Also, why did the Rangers fire Torterella? Weren't they good under him? These have been their best years since the 90's.roboccs
cuz he's a jackass.
#1403 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
[QUOTE="roboccs"]Also, why did the Rangers fire Torterella? Weren't they good under him? These have been their best years since the 90's.starwarsjunky
cuz he's a jackass.

There is too much truth in this post.
#1404 Posted by TxTech1923 (607 posts) -
Almost 25 hours in FFIV, and almost 15 hours in The After Years so far with the Prologue + Rydia and Yang's DLC. Have 4 or 5 DLC's to go before the final chapter, not really sure if I want it to end :( I wish Square would do WiiWare/Eshop-ish sequels for all their older games, they build really neat universes and worlds, some of them deserve to get fleshed out and explored more.
#1405 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

95/96 for Super Mario World. I cannot for the life of me figure out what exit I missed. Bah.

Onto the next game for now. I'll likely start Yoshi's Island now, another one I've never played before. lol.

#1406 Posted by roboccs (7022 posts) -
Sorry Roboccs. Maybe next year lol.Haziqonfire
Yeah, bummer.... It sucks to say but the better team won... Shoot, with that blown call at the end of regulation, Chicago actually won twice! :P I don't get too bent out of shape when the Wings lose, I haven't followed them as closely lately. Now I can focus on baseball.
#1407 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Sorry Roboccs. Maybe next year lol.roboccs
Yeah, bummer.... It sucks to say but the better team won... Shoot, with that blown call at the end of regulation, Chicago actually won twice! :P I don't get too bent out of shape when the Wings lose, I haven't followed them as closely lately. Now I can focus on baseball.

Considering they weren't even expected to make the playoffs, let alone make it to the second round, they did really well. They'll have a bright future ahead of them.

#1408 Posted by wiifan001 (18412 posts) -

95/96 for Super Mario World. I cannot for the life of me figure out what exit I missed. Bah.

Onto the next game for now. I'll likely start Yoshi's Island now, another one I've never played before. lol.

Haziqonfire
I had the same problem. Twice! I hit 95 exits...couldn't figure it out after many, many tries. So I started a new file just to get the 96th exit....and somehow I fell one short again. This was back about 5 years ago. I never did get the 96th exit :P
#1409 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
that was a fun game! 11 innings with no score. crazy.
#1410 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

wiifan001

I had the same problem. Twice! I hit 95 exits...couldn't figure it out after many, many tries. So I started a new file just to get the 96th exit....and somehow I fell one short again. This was back about 5 years ago. I never did get the 96th exit :P

It's going to make me go nuts. I'll probably even go back and finish all the levels just to see if I found the secret exit or not. 

In other news I just spent the last hour or so playing Super Mario Bros. on my 3DS. I beat it. I've been playing games since I was 1993 when I was 3 years old and have never beat Super Mario Bros ... until 2013, when I'm 22. 

I have proofs:

YXRrgwzl.jpg

#1411 Posted by TxTech1923 (607 posts) -
Nice! I beat it on my 3DS too, last game I played before the memory got all jacked up -_- May pick one up again down the road, it's got quite a few good games now, and hopefully by now Nintendo has the kinks worked out
#1412 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Nice! I beat it on my 3DS too, last game I played before the memory got all jacked up -_- May pick one up again down the road, it's got quite a few good games now, and hopefully by now Nintendo has the kinks worked outTxTech1923
It keeps on giving the goods lol. I have far too many games to play on the 3DS. >_>.
#1413 Posted by roboccs (7022 posts) -
that was a fun game! 11 innings with no score. crazy.starwarsjunky
I went to bed after the 9th... That's a good baseball team there in Pittsburgh, the pitching could take them far. Pittsburgh is one National League team I root for, they were awesome in the 80's andn early 90's for a small stretch there so I used to like them when I was young. Hopefully the ownership doesn't blow the team up to save money!
#1414 Posted by roboccs (7022 posts) -

:shock: EA is getting rid of online passes for existing games too! This is awesome news for me. If I ever make it to ME3 I love knowing I can access everything without buying the online pass since I bought the game used. I was ready to fork over the $10 when I got there too.

Nice work EA

#1415 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]that was a fun game! 11 innings with no score. crazy.roboccs
I went to bed after the 9th... That's a good baseball team there in Pittsburgh, the pitching could take them far. Pittsburgh is one National League team I root for, they were awesome in the 80's andn early 90's for a small stretch there so I used to like them when I was young. Hopefully the ownership doesn't blow the team up to save money!

i was there, actually so i watched it all. the final hit landed just in front of my section, dead on to me. just a little further and i coulda caught it :P i'd settle for breaking .500 finally after 20 years. i don't even care about playoffs. lol. i really do think the days of selling the team are behind us, though. at least for the time being.
#1416 Posted by roboccs (7022 posts) -
So I'm listening to the Gamespot Gameplay podcast while working today and it's not too bad so far. So far I like gonintendo's better but this is actually decent commentary. It's good to have something different to listen too instead of music or sports radio. I may give the Giantbombcast a chance later. If I recall though I think I listened to a bit of bombcast in the past and lost interest because they weren't really talking about video games as much as I would like. Thanks again Jordan.
#1417 Posted by JordanElek (17847 posts) -

So I'm listening to the Gamespot Gameplay podcast while working today and it's not too bad so far. So far I like gonintendo's better but this is actually decent commentary. It's good to have something different to listen too instead of music or sports radio. I may give the Giantbombcast a chance later. If I recall though I think I listened to a bit of bombcast in the past and lost interest because they weren't really talking about video games as much as I would like. Thanks again Jordan.roboccs

This week would be the worst to listen to the Bombcast, then. :lol: Ryan Davis retweeted someone who asked for a timestamp on when they actually started talking about games, because it was probably around an hour, then they talked a bit about games then a long discussion of other things. I love it, but I also have a lot of time to listen to these things.

The Player One podcast was actually really good. All games, very good-natured, not too long but not too short. They did a whole show on the Xbone if that interests you.

#1418 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
i really should start listening to podcasts again. i started getting so behind before that i just stopped listening :P
#1419 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
i really should start listening to podcasts again. i started getting so behind before that i just stopped listening :Pstarwarsjunky
that and one of my favorites basically stopped talking about gaming, even though its in their name. lol.
#1420 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Goodbye 3DS. Time to ship you out for repair, for that dead pixel/dust behind the screen. Here's hoping I don't lose my saves and Nintendo doesn't lose my SD card. I have a backup of all that on my laptop and in the mysterious cloud.
#1421 Posted by TxTech1923 (607 posts) -
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Goodbye 3DS. Time to ship you out for repair, for that dead pixel/dust behind the screen. Here's hoping I don't lose my saves and Nintendo doesn't lose my SD card. I have a backup of all that on my laptop and in the mysterious cloud.

If you lose data, pitch a fit about it, I wish I'd been more persistent when mine got messed up at Nintendo repair :P In other news, NBA Jam is awesome, as are the plethora of unlockables (playing as Duncan and Robinson in a block party dunkfest is a blast), and the commentator is hilarious, I've busted out laughing quite a few times because of some of the crap he pulls out :lol: Decided to start playing it alongside FFIV TAY because I'm over 44 hours into the Final Fantasy IV universe and having and almost 100 hour Xenoblade playthrough not long ago, I'm starting to get worn down on RPG's, but the story is too interesting to not see how it all comes together :(
#1422 Posted by roboccs (7022 posts) -
This week would be the worst to listen to the Bombcast, then. JordanElek
You weren't lying about that. I got through about 30-45 minutes and all they were talking about was toy voice acting, Sesame Street, and gophers... they definately lost me there. I'll try again through, could have been one show... I may give Player One a chance.
NBA Jam is awesome...TxTech1923
I used to LOVE NBA Jam. I remember it came out for SNES and Genesis, by brother had the Genesis and I the SNES... I could never understant why most sports games were better for Genesis even though SNES had better tech... I used to love being the Phoenix Suns with Barkely and Majerle. Memories
#1423 Posted by roboccs (7022 posts) -
So for the last hour of my workday I listened to the player one podcast... Not bad actually. I like the go nintendo crew a little better but I enjoyed the conversation overall.
#1424 Posted by TxTech1923 (607 posts) -

So for the last hour of my workday I listened to the player one podcast... Not bad actually. I like the go nintendo crew a little better but I enjoyed the conversation overall.roboccs

Alright, I feel like a moron here, but what exactly is a podcast..? Never listened to them before, is it like, a talkshow for games or something?

Also, I'm torn between expanding my GC library if I can find games i want really cheap... I want to play stuff I missed out on, but the minidiscs are SO annoying to store in disc sleeves because they don't stay put and slip out easily.. and I hate having cases displayed, especially since a lot of the GC games I've picked up aren't in original cases, they're in the crappy black generic ones.

#1425 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Alright, I feel like a moron here, but what exactly is a podcast..? Never listened to them before, is it like, a talkshow for games or something?

Also, I'm torn between expanding my GC library if I can find games i want really cheap... I want to play stuff I missed out on, but the minidiscs are SO annoying to store in disc sleeves because they don't stay put and slip out easily.. and I hate having cases displayed, especially since a lot of the GC games I've picked up aren't in original cases, they're in the crappy black generic ones.

TxTech1923
It's essentially just that. People get together in a room (some over Skype) and talk about the latest in gaming news or games in general for 2-3 hours.
#1426 Posted by TxTech1923 (607 posts) -
[QUOTE="TxTech1923"]Alright, I feel like a moron here, but what exactly is a podcast..? Never listened to them before, is it like, a talkshow for games or something?

Haziqonfire
It's essentially just that. People get together in a room (some over Skype) and talk about the latest in gaming news or games in general for 2-3 hours.

Hmm, I may look into that, job applications can be really long and boring, thanks!
#1427 Posted by roboccs (7022 posts) -
I compare podcasts to radio talkshows. They pick a topic and give opinions on it, crack jokes, etc. I'm enjoying them so far.
#1428 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -

job applications can be really long and boring, thanks!TxTech1923

Online applications are the bane of my existence. So many damned questionaires...

#1429 Posted by TxTech1923 (607 posts) -

[QUOTE="TxTech1923"] job applications can be really long and boring, thanks!meetroid8

Online applications are the bane of my existence. So many damned questionaires...

Exactly my problem lol, It's SO tedious answering the same freaking questions over and over, while still being attentative enough to make sure I don't make any mistakes..
#1430 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]

[QUOTE="TxTech1923"] job applications can be really long and boring, thanks!TxTech1923

Exactly my problem lol, It's SO tedious answering the same freaking questions over and over, while still being attentative enough to make sure I don't make any mistakes..

I don't know how many times I've answered some form of, 'Do you smile more often than most other people?' or 'Do you sometimes get irritated when things don't go your way?'

:roll: I miss just spending five minutes filling out the written application and then handing it in. 

#1431 Posted by wiifan001 (18412 posts) -

Played 5 1/2 hours of Luigi's Mansion today, 1st playthrough.

Really fun game, don't want to put it down 8)

#1432 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]

[QUOTE="TxTech1923"] job applications can be really long and boring, thanks!TxTech1923

I applied for a job at Nintendo on contract as a Business Analyst in Redmond.

That application asked really specific questions about ethnicity. It was pretty shocking to me, where as here you're usually just asked "Are you part of a visible minority?" and then "are you of aboriginal decent?" and that's it. lol.

The worst part for me is that every company wants you to register an account on their site before applying. Then I get spam from every site I applied on. Very annoying.

#1434 Posted by JordanElek (17847 posts) -
Why does Spammy McBotterson always pick the same couple of posts to requote? It seems like it's always this one and the "hey jordan this lounge sucks way more than usual" one.
#1435 Posted by TxTech1923 (607 posts) -
Why does Spammy McBotterson always pick the same couple of posts to requote? It seems like it's always this one and the "hey jordan this lounge sucks way more than usual" one.JordanElek
The internet is trying to tell you to step up your game and post more :P
#1436 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

This is why game journalists (for the most part) are stupid.

Hideki Kamiya, producerof Bayonetta, The Wonderful 101, etc usually tweets to people but always does it in the same manner. 

ELYuiok.png

He's usually joking but last time he talked about The Wonderful 101 the same way and was right, it was in the ND and chances are Bayonetta 2 would be as well ... but why would you jump on this stuff as news when he trolls 95% of the time? So who did he get?

Polygon:

jHAOx1Z.png

Kotaku:

JZTYyBQ.png

MCV UK:

geVwIGR.png

VG247:

bjDvWAa.png

--

black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif

#1437 Posted by MethodManFTW (25738 posts) -
Wow, all those writers are idiots. Can't believe Ashcraft fell for it... He like, lives in Japan right?
#1438 Posted by kukis123 (3 posts) -
hey join to online game which pays money. there you need to earn euros which you can change to real ones by transfering them to paypal account. it is real life game everything based on that you need to work, buy stuff sell it and so on. for more information check out this game http://www.anno1777.com/index.php?i=151 or send me a message i gladly will answer to you. good game which really pays. imy nick name in game is kukis122 if u have any questions just contact me and ill help u to earn more.
#1439 Posted by Jaysonguy (37640 posts) -

I kinda almost killed myself

I've had a bad infection in my head for a while (months and months) and didn't see the doc. Well when I finally went last Friday my entire head is infected, so bad that the infection leeched into my eye sockets and into my tongue and went down my throat and neck. It made my head swell about a quarter inch (I was wondering why none of my hats fit anymore)

Sinus, eyes, ears, tongue, gums, throat, neck, head.

I'm really bad

I'm on at least a month of antibiotics and steroids

#1440 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

I've had a bad infection in my head for a while (months and months) and didn't see the doc. Well when I finally went last Friday my entire head is infected, so bad that the infection leeched into my eye sockets and into my tongue and went down my throat and neck. It made my head swell about a quarter inch (I was wondering why none of my hats fit anymore)

I'm really bad

Jaysonguy

Don't do that to yourself again! 

Hopefully you feel better. Now though you can stay in bed and play games. It's the best thing to do when you're sick.

#1441 Posted by roboccs (7022 posts) -

I'm really bad

Jaysonguy
That sounds awful! Glad to hear you'll be ok. Good thing you went to the doctor. Do what Haz said, just relax and catch up on gaming!
#1442 Posted by TxTech1923 (607 posts) -
Yikes! Take care of yourself bud, OT commands it!
#1443 Posted by Jaysonguy (37640 posts) -

Thanks guys, I'm currently on 10 days bed rest while the first course of antibiotics attack the infection

#1444 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

I'm really bad

roboccs
That sounds awful! Glad to hear you'll be ok. Good thing you went to the doctor. Do what Haz said, just relax and catch up on gaming!

dang. thats freakin horrible! get better dudeface!
#1445 Posted by wiifan001 (18412 posts) -

I've noticed the Nintendo rumors are practically nonexistent this year.
Because no cares about Nintendo? Or is it simly because of the two consoles, ps4 and xbox 1? 

#1446 Posted by JordanElek (17847 posts) -

Because no cares about Nintendo? Or is it simly because of the two consoles, ps4 and xbox 1? 

wiifan001
Because Nintendo told us pretty much everything already. There's only a few unknowns, and yeah, nobody seems to care enough to speculate wildly about them.
#1448 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Maybe one of those boxes under the Christmas tree will be your very own WiiU, waiting to be unwrapped and hugged all over.Kermit8ard
It's June not December. Whoever programmed you is an idiot.
#1449 Posted by JordanElek (17847 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kermit8ard"]Maybe one of those boxes under the Christmas tree will be your very own WiiU, waiting to be unwrapped and hugged all over.Haziqonfire
It's June not December. Whoever programmed you is an idiot.

At least Mr. McBotterson picked something positive this time.
#1450 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

wiifan001
i'd say both... everyone expects the bland repacking of the same ip's they always release. no big surprises.