The Off Topic Lounge: Wara Wara OTiiverse Plaza Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by roboccs (6928 posts) -

Ok seriously, call me a freakin dork, but I am loving the little Pikmon scene thay are showing while the data is being transferred to my SD card. Only Nintendo would take the time to make the process more interesting.

It's actually kind of sad watching it take place. It's like an official end of an era...

However, I do have some other uses planned for the old Wii... :twisted:

#52 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rod90"]It seems my "holiday videogame" will be Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.Jaysonguy

Is that code for prison?

No, it's the game that I'll be playing the most these days.
#53 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

Ok seriously, call me a freakin dork, but I am loving the little Pikmon scene thay are showing while the data is being transferred to my SD card. Only Nintendo would take the time to make the process more interesting.

It's actually kind of sad watching it take place. It's like an official end of an era...

roboccs
Are you gonna sell the old Wii? Don't do that if you own GCN games.
#54 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Grats on the Wii U Roboccs! My cousin got one too so I got to play around with it a little bit, the controller isn't as big as I was expecting it to be!

So I've got nothing to do today and decided to get into Arc Rise Fantasia, and it keeps freezing on me at a certain cutscene, RIGHT when I started really getting into the game. Apparently the Jada freeze is a really common problem -_-

EDIT: Wooo fixed it! I would have been really disappointed if I had to stop playing it :P

WreckEm711

Well i'm glad you're enjoying a game for once.

I haven't been really gaming lately.

#55 Posted by roboccs (6928 posts) -
[QUOTE="roboccs"]

Rod90
Are you gonna sell the old Wii? Don't do that if you own GCN games.

I don't really know if I can speak of my plans here... However, I do still have my Gamecube so I have no problems if I want to play any GC games which I still do... Skies of Arcadia is awesome.
#56 Posted by roboccs (6928 posts) -

By the way... it's taking forever to transfer data from the wii to the SD card... it's been hanging on 90% for a LONG time. I read online that this happens but I still will be a bit nervous until the thing officially finishes. I have a lot of save data on there that I would really be upset if I lost it.

#57 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

By the way... it's taking forever to transfer data from the wii to the SD card... it's been hanging on 90% for a LONG time. I read online that this happens but I still will be a bit nervous until the thing officially finishes. I have a lot of save data on there that I would really be upset if I lost it.

roboccs

Atleast you still have a Wii to transfer data from......

I'll have to restart lots of Wii games once i get a Wii U.

#58 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

roboccs
Just wait. I know you must feel uneasy if it stalls at 90%, but never turn off the console.
#59 Posted by roboccs (6928 posts) -

Scary a$$ stuff.... My transfer from the Wii to the SD card was hanging on 90% for over an hour so I started searching the web and others had the same issue. People said usually after a few minutes it would complete... mine went for a freakin hour. I read a few people who threw caution to the wind and shut off the system and continued with the transfer to the WiiU with no problem. I did this but I then went to the transfer channel on the Wii again and it asked me if I wanted to resume the transfer, I said yes and then it said transfer has been completed. So I am now proceeding to the Wii U transfer... Here's to hoping!!!

This should not have been so damn difficult.

#60 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

Grats on the Wii U Roboccs! My cousin got one too so I got to play around with it a little bit, the controller isn't as big as I was expecting it to be!

So I've got nothing to do today and decided to get into Arc Rise Fantasia, and it keeps freezing on me at a certain cutscene, RIGHT when I started really getting into the game. Apparently the Jada freeze is a really common problem -_-

EDIT: Wooo fixed it! I would have been really disappointed if I had to stop playing it :P

GreekGameManiac

Well i'm glad you're enjoying a game for once.

I haven't been really gaming lately.

Yeah now that the semester is over it seems like I can actually enjoy my games without the feeling that any break from studying would spell impending doom :P Actually picked up Fortune Street on an impulse because it was on sale for 11 dollars... holy freaking snap this game is fun!

#61 Posted by _BlueDuck_ (11986 posts) -

Whoa new lounge! Hope everyone's holidays are merry!

#62 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

Scary a$$ stuff.... My transfer from the Wii to the SD card was hanging on 90% for over an hour so I started searching the web and others had the same issue. People said usually after a few minutes it would complete... mine went for a freakin hour. I read a few people who threw caution to the wind and shut off the system and continued with the transfer to the WiiU with no problem. I did this but I then went to the transfer channel on the Wii again and it asked me if I wanted to resume the transfer, I said yes and then it said transfer has been completed. So I am now proceeding to the Wii U transfer... Here's to hoping!!!

This should not have been so damn difficult.

roboccs
But wait... did the transfer complete? Or it never passed 90%?
#63 Posted by roboccs (6928 posts) -

[QUOTE="roboccs"]Scary a$$ stuff.... My transfer from the Wii to the SD card was hanging on 90% for over an hour so I started searching the web and others had the same issue. People said usually after a few minutes it would complete... mine went for a freakin hour. I read a few people who threw caution to the wind and shut off the system and continued with the transfer to the WiiU with no problem. I did this but I then went to the transfer channel on the Wii again and it asked me if I wanted to resume the transfer, I said yes and then it said transfer has been completed. So I am now proceeding to the Wii U transfer... Here's to hoping!!!This should not have been so damn difficult.Rod90
But wait... did the transfer complete? Or it never passed 90%?

The first time it didn't pass 90% for over an hour so I shut it down. Then I tried again and the Wii said the transfer had completed and that it was time to put the sd card into the WiiU... Everything seems to have worked out fine. It was just a glitch.

Also, FINALLY saw Dark Knight Rises. What a ridiculously good movie!! Can't decide yet if it was better than Dark Knight, too soon to tell. I don't watch many movies these days but am glad I watched that.

#64 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Also, FINALLY saw Dark Knight Rises. What a ridiculously good movie!! Can't decide yet if it was better than Dark Knight, too soon to tell. I don't watch many movies these days but am glad I watched that.

roboccs

Wasn't it great?! I loved it, was such a fitting end to the trilogy, and great springboard into the [spoiler] Robin [/spoiler] stuff. I usually find myself disappointed at the end of trilogies, but they did a great job with it! Also, Arc Rise Fantasia is really cool, I love the weapon leveling system and combat in general, the bosses are tough too! Feels like the old JRPGs where i was always scared a boss would show up because I felt so weak by comparison, but always managed to eek out a win :D

Finally gave my blog a little love after months of neglect, half the time I forget there are even blogs on this site except for posting my AMGXENOBLADE bursts :P

#65 Posted by roboccs (6928 posts) -

[QUOTE="roboccs"]Also, FINALLY saw Dark Knight Rises. What a ridiculously good movie!! Can't decide yet if it was better than Dark Knight, too soon to tell. I don't watch many movies these days but am glad I watched that.WreckEm711
Wasn't it great?! I loved it, was such a fitting end to the trilogy, and great springboard into the Robin stuff. I usually find myself disappointed at the end of trilogies, but they did a great job with it! Also, Arc Rise Fantasia is really cool, I love the weapon leveling system and combat in general, the bosses are tough too! Feels like the old JRPGs where i was always scared a boss would show up because I felt so weak by comparison, but always managed to eek out a win :D

Finally gave my blog a little love after months of neglect, half the time I forget there are even blogs on this site except for posting my AMGXENOBLADE bursts :P

I NEED to play my 3 Wii jrpgs but I can't put down the Wii U. The novelty has not worn off enough. Nintendoland is too freakin addicting. DK Crash Course is my favorite so far.

#67 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

[QUOTE="roboccs"]

WreckEm711

Wasn't it great?! I loved it, was such a fitting end to the trilogy. I usually find myself disappointed at the end of trilogies, but they did a great job with it! Also, Arc Rise Fantasia is really cool, I love the weapon leveling system and combat in general, the bosses are tough too! Feels like the old JRPGs where i was always scared a boss would show up because I felt so weak by comparison, but always managed to eek out a win :D

Mega spoiler alert? I already saw the movie, but still. :(

P.S.: TDK is better than TDKR!!

#68 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -
[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="roboccs"]

Rod90

Wasn't it great?! I loved it, was such a fitting end to the trilogy. I usually find myself disappointed at the end of trilogies, but they did a great job with it! Also, Arc Rise Fantasia is really cool, I love the weapon leveling system and combat in general, the bosses are tough too! Feels like the old JRPGs where i was always scared a boss would show up because I felt so weak by comparison, but always managed to eek out a win :D

Where is the spoiler..? It was known before the movie even came out that that's what the next movies would be focusing on, still, I'll spoiled tag it
#70 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

I'm Super Saiyan Yianni! and i wish you an explosive year! I can still post DB stuff right?     Pauline544

WTF???

Spammers now copying us?

#71 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pauline544"]I'm Super Saiyan Yianni! and i wish you an explosive year! I can still post DB stuff right?     GreekGameManiac

WTF???

Spammers now copying us?

Haha, broken spammers who can't even link right :P At first I thought it was you posting that again.. They're evolving :O
#72 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Bots,maybe?

Btw,can your wife make good homemade pizza?

My gf can't make Greek pizza...she can't make it as good as the pros in pizzerias..

She's from England,so that must be why!

:P

#73 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Bots,maybe?

Btw,can your wife make good homemade pizza?

My gf can't make Greek pizza...she can't make it as good as the pros in pizzerias..

She's from England,so that must be why!

:P

GreekGameManiac
Is there a difference between Greek pizza and pizzas in the U.S.? But yeah my wife makes great pizzas! Her best one has pesto mixed in with the sauce, with garlic butter grilled chicken on top, love it. She has made a few others, don't remember the flavors, she likes to change recipes up so half the time I don't know what's in it I just eat it :P I'm sorry she can't make them good though, those dang Brits :P
#74 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Is there a difference between Greek pizza and pizzas in the U.S.? But yeah my wife makes great pizzas! Her best one has pesto mixed in with the sauce, with garlic butter grilled chicken on top, love it. She has made a few others, don't remember the flavors, she likes to change recipes up so half the time I don't know what's in it I just eat it :P I'm sorry she can't make them good though, those dang Brits :PWreckEm711

Haha,well it's all in the ingredients.(and the talent of the cook)

And by Greek,i meant a flavour,it's feta cheese,tomato,olives,onion,and mushrooms.

Now i'm jealous...can we swap?

#75 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pauline544"]I'm Super Saiyan Yianni! and i wish you an explosive year! I can still post DB stuff right?     GreekGameManiac

WTF???

Spammers now copying us?

lol they've been doing that for awhile.
#76 Posted by super600 (30306 posts) -

WTF???

Spammers now copying us?

I seen that stuff a lot.

#77 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

[QUOTE="Pauline544"]I'm Super Saiyan Yianni! and i wish you an explosive year! I can still post DB stuff right?     super600

WTF???

Spammers now copying us?

3q3ah6.jpg

Word.

#78 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

Where is the spoiler..? It was known before the movie even came out that that's what the next movies would be focusing on, still, I'll spoiled tag it

I didn't know that! :P It made the ending more unexpected (and more ridiculous too...)
#79 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
I guess we can all agree that pizza rocks no matter what.
#80 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

I guess we can all agree that pizza rocks no matter what.Rod90

Haven't tried my gf's,that's why you say that,

OMG! i saw a rainbow!!!

I was looking at the clouds,and bam mothafacking rainbow.

Lol.

No,i'm not 8,it's just i haven't seen one in MANY years.

#81 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

media_e232c85d0f83429bb5b0d57f849ebaea_t.

211092_242669842430795_4056741_n.jpg

#82 Posted by roboccs (6928 posts) -

roboc WTF?http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/msn/lomas_brown_i_purposely_missed_a_block_to_get_scott_mitchell_hurt/12492580Jaysonguy

Yeah, Brown has been on Mike and Mike a few times. Even a few months ago he was talking about what a wuss Scott Mitchell was. I'm not too surprised about this. I'm more surprised that he's admitting to it. I'm sure he's not the only player to pull something like that. Not exactly making the organization look good!

#83 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Why are ppl so obsessed with American football,or football(soccer)?

#84 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Why are ppl so obsessed with American football,or football(soccer)?

GreekGameManiac
Because some people like sports? Why are you obsessed with vampire social sites? :P
#85 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

A Feast For Crows drags on soooooo looooooongggg. It's as if nothing has happened.

#86 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

A Feast For Crows drags on soooooo looooooongggg. It's as if nothing has happened.

Haziqonfire
Yeah, basically Storm of Swords from a different perspective, Dance with Dragons is sooooo gooooood. I love Crows though, I enjoy the different perspectives.
#87 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

WreckEm711
Yeah, basically Storm of Swords from a different perspective, Dance with Dragons is sooooo gooooood. I love Crows though, I enjoy the different perspectives.

It is interesting to read about some of the characters. Learning more about the Greyjoy's has been good as with the Dornish. I still hate Verse I and Jaime, oddly enough, I'm starting to like. Brienne is interesting too! It just drags at times. However, Crows is definitely not as bad as people have lead me to believe it would be.
#88 Posted by roboccs (6928 posts) -

Why are ppl so obsessed with American football,or football(soccer)?GreekGameManiac

For the same reason you are obsessed with DBZ... People find them entertaining.

#89 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]Why are ppl so obsessed with American football,or football(soccer)?roboccs

You guys forgot to mention GGM's obsession over female donkeys too.
#90 Posted by JordanElek (17761 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]A Feast For Crows drags on soooooo looooooongggg. It's as if nothing has happened.Haziqonfire

It is interesting to read about some of the characters. Learning more about the Greyjoy's has been good as with the Dornish. I still hate Verse I and Jaime, oddly enough, I'm starting to like. Brienne is interesting too! It just drags at times. However, Crows is definitely not as bad as people have lead me to believe it would be.

I just started Storm of Swords the other day. I don't think there have been any perpective characters that I haven't liked in the series yet. The fact that Martin can write from so many perspectives and make each feel unique is fascinating enough to keep me interested no matter what's happening (or not happening).

I also saw The Hobbit the other day and it made me download the ebook to read eventually since I haven't read that book in a few years. The movie seemed to hit all the main themes that make the book brilliant, and it reminded me what an amazing piece of writing that story is. I'll have to take a week or so soon to reread it.

#91 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

I just started Storm of Swords the other day. I don't think there have been any perpective characters that I haven't liked in the series yet. The fact that Martin can write from so many perspectives and make each feel unique is fascinating enough to keep me interested no matter what's happening (or not happening).

I also saw The Hobbit the other day and it made me download the ebook to read eventually since I haven't read that book in a few years. The movie seemed to hit all the main themes that make the book brilliant, and it reminded me what an amazing piece of writing that story is. I'll have to take a week or so soon to reread it.

JordanElek

I like all the perspectives, but I've definitely picked my favourites and dislikes in terms of characters. I think he does a really great job of changing your feelings on characters too. Especially Jaime, but also a ton of other characters. I guess my only gripe with the series is that there's so many smaller characters, I often forget who the hell some people are. Though the main characters, almost all of their chapters are interesting. If Martin's intent was to make the reader really hate Cersei, he's won because I really cannot stand her!

I've also decided to give The Hobbit as second chance. I think the reason why I got bored with it was because I really wanted to just continue reading A Song of Ice and Fire - so I moved onto Feast for Crows. I don't think I'll read The Hobbit until I'm done A Dance with Dragons, but since I'm not done Feast for Crows yet and I'm headed to Montreal next week - I might just end up reading The Hobbit on the bus ride. I won't be purchasing A Dance with Dragon's until I get back.

#92 Posted by Jaysonguy (37559 posts) -

I'm sorry, I've had intercourse before, what are you people talking about?

#93 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

I'm sorry, I've had intercourse before, what are you people talking about?

Jaysonguy

It's a book ... with sexual content

...the incestual kind.

Eek.

Spoilers!

#94 Posted by roboccs (6928 posts) -

I'm sorry, I've had intercourse before, what are you people talking about?Jaysonguy

I know I shouldn't encourage you but :lol: at that comment.

Also I notice I spend a lot of time on the Wii U browser. Very easy to pick up and kill time.

#95 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

[QUOTE="roboccs"]

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]Why are ppl so obsessed with American football,or football(soccer)?Haziqonfire

Lol every man's obsessed with that!

I'm more of a legs person,don't you know that?

Imo,basketball is better.

@the book comments..lol,imo there's nothing wrong with incest,society made it wrong.

:)

#96 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -

@the book comments..lol,imo there's nothing wrong with incest,society made it wrong.GreekGameManiac

#97 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="roboccs"]

GreekGameManiac

Lol every man's obsessed with that!

I'm more of a legs person,don't you know that?

Imo,basketball is better.

@the book comments..lol,imo there's nothing wrong with incest,society made it wrong.

:)

I really like basketball too, but the lockouts in the NBA turned me off of it a bit lately, Texas Tech isn't big in basketball this year, and olympic basketball is to far away to get excited about it yet, so it's full steam ahead with NCAAF :D

Also, there's nothing opinion about it, society started demonizing incest because of the jacked up offspring it leads to.

#98 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

Haziqonfire

I like all the perspectives, but I've definitely picked my favourites and dislikes in terms of characters.

What, you mean you aren't looking forward to the Sansa stitching chapters either? :P I know what you mean about Jaime though, Martin writes so well it's hard not to like each of the characters when seeing stuff from there perspective, Tyrion and Littlefinger are the best ones in that regard I think.

#99 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Ah, totally forgot, a buddy of mine brought his Wii U over this weekend and I got some substantial time with it! Was pretty cool, the UI seemed a little wonky and the load times sucked, but Nintendoland was really fun and NSMB U was disappointing. Nintendo Land was REALLY fun though in multiplayer, the Battle Quest stuff was great :D

#100 Posted by JordanElek (17761 posts) -
NSMB U was disappointing.WreckEm711
It's not if you play it more, and the challenges are awesome. I think this is the first Mario game that I've played for hours after completing the main game 100%.