The Off Topic Lounge: End of All Things Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#401 Posted by roboccs (6925 posts) -
I'm so happy with the Super Bowl matchup we're getting. Everything happened that I wanted: 1. I did NOT want a Har-bowl... If I had to listen to sports radio for 2 weeks and hear about two brothers playing each other for the Super Bowl I would be sick to my stomach for 2 weeks. 2. I did not want Jim Harbough in the Super Bowl. 3. Both games were awesome too.
#402 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

I finally got around to playing the RE Revelations demo. The most impressive part is the controls, of all things. The touch screen helps so much with inventory management, and since everything is managed in real time with the touch screen without being able to hit the pause button, it actually adds to the frantic nature of the gameplay. The demo itself doesn't have any really frantic moments, but monsters ambling at you in close quarters usually leads to a sense of panic at some point when you're running low on ammo or have to reload or realize that your current weapon just won't do.

But I'm not really sold on the game. Once reviewers get their hands on the full game and describe the main elements of the game, I should know whether it'll be worth checking out eventually. If it's primarily action without much mystery and weird puzzles, then I don't really want to play it.

It does sell me even more on the WiiU, though. It had never occurred to me that the touch screen could affect the gameplay by forcing the player to do inventory stuff or whatever without being able to pause the game.... It seems so minor, but it could really add to some types of games.

JordanElek
If you want frantic, play it through again on hell mode, it's what prompted me to preorder lol
#403 Posted by JordanElek (17756 posts) -
If you want frantic, play it through again on hell mode, it's what prompted me to preorder lolWreckEm711
How? It kicked me back to the beginning when I finished it, and the only difficulty available was Normal again.
#404 Posted by roboccs (6925 posts) -
I played just the beginnin of RE2 and was really, really bad at it. But I treated it as a game where I had to kill every zombie. I didn't realize that running and doing whatever possible to survive was encouraged. If I played again, I would do more running. I've also played RE4 off and on and actually really enjoy it whenever I play it. If done right, I'm guessing the survival horror genre is really fun due to the atmosphere and tension. The only ones I've played were the 2 RE games I just mentioned.
#405 Posted by JordanElek (17756 posts) -
I played just the beginnin of RE2 and was really, really bad at it. But I treated it as a game where I had to kill every zombie. I didn't realize that running and doing whatever possible to survive was encouraged. If I played again, I would do more running. I've also played RE4 off and on and actually really enjoy it whenever I play it. If done right, I'm guessing the survival horror genre is really fun due to the atmosphere and tension. The only ones I've played were the 2 RE games I just mentioned.roboccs
If you can get your hands on it, play the remake of the original Resident Evil on the Gamecube. Better graphics make a huge difference in that game.
#406 Posted by roboccs (6925 posts) -
[QUOTE="roboccs"]I played just the beginnin of RE2 and was really, really bad at it. But I treated it as a game where I had to kill every zombie. I didn't realize that running and doing whatever possible to survive was encouraged. If I played again, I would do more running. I've also played RE4 off and on and actually really enjoy it whenever I play it. If done right, I'm guessing the survival horror genre is really fun due to the atmosphere and tension. The only ones I've played were the 2 RE games I just mentioned.JordanElek
If you can get your hands on it, play the remake of the original Resident Evil on the Gamecube. Better graphics make a huge difference in that game.

I was unaware there was a remake. I'll keep that in mind.
#407 Posted by JordanElek (17756 posts) -
I was unaware there was a remake. I'll keep that in mind.roboccs
Yeah, they remade everything from scratch. It still uses prerendered backgrounds, but they look awesome (probably not AS awesome on today's TVs, though).
#408 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -
[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]If you want frantic, play it through again on hell mode, it's what prompted me to preorder lolJordanElek
How? It kicked me back to the beginning when I finished it, and the only difficulty available was Normal again.

You have to keep the demo open, it doesn't save it if you exit out. Just beat the game on normal, immediately after start a new game, Hell mode will pop up under Normal :)
#409 Posted by JordanElek (17756 posts) -
[QUOTE="JordanElek"][QUOTE="WreckEm711"]If you want frantic, play it through again on hell mode, it's what prompted me to preorder lolWreckEm711

You have to keep the demo open, it doesn't save it if you exit out. Just beat the game on normal, immediately after start a new game, Hell mode will pop up under Normal :)

Bah, that's exactly what I did. Normal was still the only option. Maybe I'll just speed through it once more.
#410 Posted by Enforcedspot (2915 posts) -
R.I.P Nobuo Nagai :( Senior Managing Director and Representative Director, Nintendo Co. Ltd., passed away yesterday, January 22nd, 2012. Work history: Mar. 1967: Joined Nintendo Dec. 2000: Became a Director May 2002: Became a Managing Director Jun. 2004: Became a Senior Managing Director and Representative Director
#411 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

[QUOTE="JordanElek"][QUOTE="roboccs"]I played just the beginnin of RE2 and was really, really bad at it. But I treated it as a game where I had to kill every zombie. I didn't realize that running and doing whatever possible to survive was encouraged. If I played again, I would do more running. I've also played RE4 off and on and actually really enjoy it whenever I play it. If done right, I'm guessing the survival horror genre is really fun due to the atmosphere and tension. The only ones I've played were the 2 RE games I just mentioned.roboccs

I was unaware there was a remake. I'll keep that in mind.

There's a Wii one too -- Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil

#412 Posted by JordanElek (17756 posts) -

There's a Wii one too -- Resident Evil Archives: Resident EvilHaziqonfire
I forgot all about that..... There's a Wii version of Resident Evil Zero, too, which is a "sequel" to the remake in terms of graphics and gameplay but a prequel in terms of story and has a larger focus on puzzle solving by playing as two characters at once. I don't remember much about it except that I liked it. And leeches. Lots and lots of leeches....

#413 Posted by Jaysonguy (37552 posts) -

I'm so happy with the Super Bowl matchup we're getting. Everything happened that I wanted: 1. I did NOT want a Har-bowl... If I had to listen to sports radio for 2 weeks and hear about two brothers playing each other for the Super Bowl I would be sick to my stomach for 2 weeks. 2. I did not want Jim Harbough in the Super Bowl. 3. Both games were awesome too.roboccs

I love Jim, hate his brother

I wanted to see the 49'ers take on the Patriots because you'd have some great storylines. I mean Brady growing up a 49'er fan, the Niners passing over Brady more then a half dozen times, the whole Montana/Brady debate.

The Giants are good too I guess, not as many storylines besides the whole stopping undefeated season but then you have the Parcells ties on both teams and all that.

I'm just glad the Patriots are in it, they just have one more step

#414 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -

[QUOTE="roboccs"]I'm so happy with the Super Bowl matchup we're getting. Everything happened that I wanted: 1. I did NOT want a Har-bowl... If I had to listen to sports radio for 2 weeks and hear about two brothers playing each other for the Super Bowl I would be sick to my stomach for 2 weeks. 2. I did not want Jim Harbough in the Super Bowl. 3. Both games were awesome too.Jaysonguy

I wanted to see the 49'ers take on the Patriots because you'd have some great storylines. I mean Brady growing up a 49'er fan, the Niners passing over Brady more then a half dozen times, the whole Montana/Brady debate.

The Giants are good too I guess, not as many storylines besides the whole stopping undefeated season but then you have the Parcells ties on both teams and all that.

As much as I love the Patriots, they shouldn't have beaten the Ravens. That game was terrible. In the words of Brady "I sucked pretty bad today." Truer words were never spoken. But yeah, I was footing for the 49'ers, mostly because I think the Patriots would have had a better chance against them.
#415 Posted by roboccs (6925 posts) -
[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

I'm so happy with the Super Bowl matchup we're getting. Everything happened that I wanted: 1. I did NOT want a Har-bowl... If I had to listen to sports radio for 2 weeks and hear about two brothers playing each other for the Super Bowl I would be sick to my stomach for 2 weeks. 2. I did not want Jim Harbough in the Super Bowl. 3. Both games were awesome too.roboccs

As much as I love the Patriots, they shouldn't have beaten the Ravens. That game was terrible. In the words of Brady "I sucked pretty bad today." Truer words were never spoken. But yeah, I was footing for the 49'ers, mostly because I think the Patriots would have had a better chance against them.

That just shows how good the Pats are. Even with their best player not playing his best game, they still won. That is how your ideal team is built. They're not the Colts. Shoot, even when Brady got hurt a few years ago they won 10 or 11 games.
#416 Posted by roboccs (6925 posts) -
Holy S#*T... yahoo is reporting that the Tigers agreed with Prince Fielder for 9 years/$213 million!!!!!! I'm totally speechless right now. They're talking about it on the radio in Detroit right now and they don't know if it's true or not, but more and more baseball writers are confirming.... I really am speechless if this this true.
#417 Posted by Hungry_Homer111 (22479 posts) -

Over the weekend, one of my two Wiimotes stopped working. The other one works, but when the nunchuck is plugged in, it acts up. So I decided to use that as an excuse to get a Wiimote Plus, along with Skyward Sword. I'll save any Skyward Sword comments for the sticky, except to say that, based on what little I have played, the controls seem to work well. I do need to get used to the sword controls a bit more, though I can get it right most of the time, especially vertical and horizontal slashes. I also love the art style, even more than I had expected to based on the few trailers and gameplay footageI saw (I stopped watching them after a whileto avoid spoilers).

When getting the game, I didn't realize that they were still including the CD with the game. I assumed that it was a short-time thing that would end towards the end of 2011, so it was a nice surprise to see that it was included. I'm listenting to it right now, and I'm loving it. :D

#418 Posted by Jaysonguy (37552 posts) -

Holy S#*T... yahoo is reporting that the Tigers agreed with Prince Fielder for 9 years/$213 million!!!!!! I'm totally speechless right now. They're talking about it on the radio in Detroit right now and they don't know if it's true or not, but more and more baseball writers are confirming.... I really am speechless if this this true.roboccs

Wow there goes the pressure off the Yankees

Detroit HAS to win it all in the next 3 years for this to be worth it, that's a lot of money to put on the table for someone of Fielder's physique down the road.

Also what the )(#@*(#@ is going to happen to Cabrera? You take him off the field? So now he's a DH only?

If they were going to go down this road wouldn't you pick up Albert?

I don't understand this at all

#419 Posted by Jaysonguy (37552 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="roboccs"]I'm so happy with the Super Bowl matchup we're getting. Everything happened that I wanted: 1. I did NOT want a Har-bowl... If I had to listen to sports radio for 2 weeks and hear about two brothers playing each other for the Super Bowl I would be sick to my stomach for 2 weeks. 2. I did not want Jim Harbough in the Super Bowl. 3. Both games were awesome too.meetroid8

The Patriots would have eaten the 49'ers alive, that's great and would have preferred that too but the Giants can be beaten, though the last two meet and greets are both losses

I don't think the Ravens should have won, I mean the Pats make plays when they have to and as usual it's guys you don't know. Lee Evans should have had the touchdown but Moore stopped him from coming down with it. That kick would have put them in overtime but Myra helped out. The Ravens couldn't convert in the clutch, I mean Julian was playing defensive back on Bolden and they didn't complete everything his way?

The Pats played maybe their worst postseason game ever and they still won when because when they needed to make a play they did.

Also Vince tossed people around like *($#&*#$ throw pillows, man I love him lol

#420 Posted by roboccs (6925 posts) -

[QUOTE="roboccs"]Holy S#*T... yahoo is reporting that the Tigers agreed with Prince Fielder for 9 years/$213 million!!!!!! I'm totally speechless right now. They're talking about it on the radio in Detroit right now and they don't know if it's true or not, but more and more baseball writers are confirming.... I really am speechless if this this true.Jaysonguy

Wow there goes the pressure off the Yankees

Detroit HAS to win it all in the next 3 years for this to be worth it, that's a lot of money to put on the table for someone of Fielder's physique down the road.

Also what the )(#@*(#@ is going to happen to Cabrera? You take him off the field? So now he's a DH only?

If they were going to go down this road wouldn't you pick up Albert?

I don't understand this at all

They are saying Miggy and Fielder could alternate 1st Base/DH roles. However, what I'm hearing most is Miggy will move back to 3rd Base (yikes!). I totally agree that they need to win the Series soon or this deal is a bust. However, the reason you get Prince and not Pujols is age. Pujols will be in his 40's when his big contract is up. Plus, wait until Victor Martinez is back next year. If he can still hit, that will be the best 3-4-5 lineup in the league... We won't need defense!!
#421 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

I finally bought Mario Kart 7! :D

This is my first Mario Kart, excluding the Ambassador game. I'm excited.

#422 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

I finally bought Mario Kart 7! :D

This is my first Mario Kart, excluding the Ambassador game. I'm excited.

ANIMEguy10034
What's your FC? Mines 1289-8547-2734, looking forward to racing with ya!
#423 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

What's your FC? Mines 1289-8547-2734, looking forward to racing with ya!WreckEm711

4511-0577-1811

I'll try my best! :P

#424 Posted by alexh_99 (5378 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]What's your FC? Mines 1289-8547-2734, looking forward to racing with ya!ANIMEguy10034

4511-0577-1811

2878-9615-2343 i added you both
#425 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

I went back to Pokemon Platinum...

I want to be ready for Gray.

#426 Posted by Enforcedspot (2915 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]What's your FC? Mines 1289-8547-2734, looking forward to racing with ya!ANIMEguy10034

4511-0577-1811

added you both my FC is on my sig
#427 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -
Woo my friends list doubled overnight! :P
#428 Posted by roboccs (6925 posts) -
How have your sunday MK7 get get-together been going?? Who's the best so far? Also, what's up with glitchspot now. For a few weeks there, I could go to fuse, click undread for this thread, and it would take me to the right post where I left off. Now it's back to taking me back to page 1... unreal... BONK
#429 Posted by JordanElek (17756 posts) -

How have your sunday MK7 get get-together been going?? Who's the best so far?roboccs
Total fail. Nobody is ever around, including me the last two weeks. The first two weeks of me sitting around with my 3DS open listening to the sounds of an empty Community were pretty discouraging.

I've participated in one GP with two other people, and I think there's been one other GP ever. And I just checked the rankings..... it reset everything to zero. :(

Maybe now that we have a few more people, we can actually have a race this week.

#430 Posted by ChikaraShref (4721 posts) -
taking a month break from here starting the beginning of February. may or may not return...i'll still talk to you guys on steam or whatever(if you dont have me added already, just ask me before the end of the month). just won't be coming to GS. if i dont return, just know its been fun.
#431 Posted by JordanElek (17756 posts) -
taking a month break from here starting the beginning of February. may or may not return...i'll still talk to you guys on steam or whatever(if you dont have me added already, just ask me before the end of the month). just won't be coming to GS. if i dont return, just know its been fun.ChikaraShref
Why?
#432 Posted by ChikaraShref (4721 posts) -
[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"] taking a month break from here starting the beginning of February. may or may not return...i'll still talk to you guys on steam or whatever(if you dont have me added already, just ask me before the end of the month). just won't be coming to GS. if i dont return, just know its been fun.JordanElek
Why?

spend too much time here, getting things in order, need a break. not mad at anyone or anything like that. just something i should probably do.
#433 Posted by JordanElek (17756 posts) -

[QUOTE="JordanElek"][QUOTE="ChikaraShref"] taking a month break from here starting the beginning of February. may or may not return...i'll still talk to you guys on steam or whatever(if you dont have me added already, just ask me before the end of the month). just won't be coming to GS. if i dont return, just know its been fun.ChikaraShref
Why?

spend too much time here, getting things in order, need a break. not mad at anyone or anything like that. just something i should probably do.

I try to ask people when they say they're going to take a break because it's always a mystery to me. Can't you just visit the site for like ten minutes a day instead of totally cutting yourself off? Or is it something like if you start to look at the forums, you inevitably lose track of time so it's all or nothing?

#434 Posted by ChikaraShref (4721 posts) -

[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"][QUOTE="JordanElek"] Why?JordanElek

I try to ask people when they say they're going to take a break because it's always a mystery to me. Can't you just visit the site for like ten minutes a day instead of totally cutting yourself off? Or is it something like if you start to look at the forums, you inevitably lose track of time so it's all or nothing?

i do tend to lose track of time. lol. but i may just visit sporatically after Feb. I haven't decided yet.
#435 Posted by super600 (30277 posts) -

I know this board doesn't like SW talk, but all the low level trolls under level 10 have now been owned by the mods.

#436 Posted by Jaysonguy (37552 posts) -

I know this board doesn't like SW talk, but all the low level trolls under level 10 have now been owned by the mods.

super600

How?

#437 Posted by ChikaraShref (4721 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

Jaysonguy

How?

level 10 required to post new threads now. great news.
#438 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

level 10 required to post new threads now. great news.ChikaraShref

It's a good idea but it hasn't been implemented as I thought -- low level users can still make new topics, they'll just get modded and the community is encouraged to report those users, unlike NeoGAF where you cannot make a thread unless you have over 300 posts.

#439 Posted by ChikaraShref (4721 posts) -

[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"]level 10 required to post new threads now. great news.Haziqonfire

It's a good idea but it hasn't been implemented as I thought -- low level users can still make new topics, they'll just get modded and the community is encouraged to report those users, unlike NeoGAF where you cannot make a thread unless you have over 300 posts.

oh. ugh. just put a physical requirement in, GS....heck just make it a glitch! :lol: we all know you're good at that!!!
#440 Posted by ZumaJones07 (16458 posts) -
How long have you guys had your current avatars? I've had mine forever and I suddenly feel like changing it. Jason, I still think the rabbids one you had a long time ago was a million times better than the dumb cat one you have now. :P And a bunch of y'all changed your avy's. I feel lost here.
#441 Posted by super600 (30277 posts) -

How long have you guys had your current avatars? I've had mine forever and I suddenly feel like changing it. Jason, I still think the rabbids one you had a long time ago was a million times better than the dumb cat one you have now. :P And a bunch of y'all changed your avy's. I feel lost here.ZumaJones07

I haven't changed my avy in a month.

#442 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]How long have you guys had your current avatars? I've had mine forever and I suddenly feel like changing it. Jason, I still think the rabbids one you had a long time ago was a million times better than the dumb cat one you have now. :P And a bunch of y'all changed your avy's. I feel lost here.

Mine changes every week. True story.
#443 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -
[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]How long have you guys had your current avatars? I've had mine forever and I suddenly feel like changing it. Jason, I still think the rabbids one you had a long time ago was a million times better than the dumb cat one you have now. :P And a bunch of y'all changed your avy's. I feel lost here.

I'm changing every month. I mass produced a bunch of these MLP avatars, literally dozens upon dozens of them, I want the chance to use all of them.
#444 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

How long have you guys had your current avatars? I've had mine forever and I suddenly feel like changing it. Jason, I still think the rabbids one you had a long time ago was a million times better than the dumb cat one you have now. :P And a bunch of y'all changed your avy's. I feel lost here.ZumaJones07

I used to change it every couple of weeks, but I decided to keep this one. :P

#445 Posted by JordanElek (17756 posts) -

[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"]level 10 required to post new threads now. great news.Haziqonfire

Holy crap, that's the worst way to make that rule EVER. Everyone knows that no one reads the rules before they post, so 99% of people will post a new thread before they're level 10 anyway. What a waste of the mods' time to have to manually lock those up....
I've had my current one since Outland came out. And before that was Assassin's Creed when Brotherhood came out. And before that was Eternal Darkness when Eternal Darkness came out. I only change my avatar for games that REALLY make an impression on me.... except for Outland. That was an awesome game but I changed my avatar because the symbol from the game is just so awesome. It's a moon and a sun AT THE SAME TIME in a game with a primary game mechanic of changing from dark to light. It's clever. And I knew no one else would ever use it (unlike the AC one which Haziq JUST used).

#446 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

SON OF A *****!!!

That moment when you get blueshell'd right before the finish line and end up in 6th place. :x :evil:

#447 Posted by ZumaJones07 (16458 posts) -
Man as soon as i start working again and earn $200, I'm getting a 3DS and Mario Kart 7. That or some kind of tablet, can't decide. :(
#448 Posted by roboccs (6925 posts) -
I've had my avy since 2008 I think... Bob helped me make it. Thanks again Bob!
#449 Posted by ashleysteel (1 posts) -
So I Would like to hear Some peoples top list of wii games it can be new are classics. And if you know of any highly anticipated games that have not hit the stores I would like to hear about those two.
#450 Posted by Jaysonguy (37552 posts) -

So I Would like to hear Some peoples top list of wii games it can be new are classics. And if you know of any highly anticipated games that have not hit the stores I would like to hear about those two. ashleysteel

Oh boy, I can do it in here, starting..............now!

Ok why are you asking here of all places on a games site?

I can understand maybe if you were on a cooking site but this is a games site, you can look up literally anything you want when it comes to games