The Off Topic Lounge: End of All Things Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by DDRMom (1360 posts) -

I am also in the Skyview Temple; I'm almost done with it. I think I've put close to 6 hours into the game so far and I got it a few days after Christmas. Needless to say, I'm in the same boat as you. roboccs

I have no idea how many hours I've put in so far. The other night I left the house for a school meeting and came home to find I had forgot to turn it off and someone had just changed the AV settings on the TV instead of turning the game off. I was home an hour before anyone said anything. There's also been a few times that I've had to leave it for 20 minutes or so and come back to it so I can't go by how long the game says I've been playing.

I don't think thrusting the sword does anything to the plants, though. You can either shield bash them for an easy kill or swipe their mouths in half at the joints.JordanElek

Hmmm, interesting. I've been trying to jab them in the open mouth by thrusting the sword.

#302 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -
I'm not too worried about the whole milked franchises thing, especially since I haven't played it in so long. I always hear people complain abou madden, but I don't buy t every year, so when the last madden I played was 07, when I popped 2012 in I was like WOAAAH! Same with NBA2k12, undoubtedly the same with Pokemon :P
#303 Posted by roboccs (7349 posts) -
I'm not too worried about the whole milked franchises thing, especially since I haven't played it in so long. I always hear people complain abou madden, but I don't buy t every year, so when the last madden I played was 07, when I popped 2012 in I was like WOAAAH! Same with NBA2k12, undoubtedly the same with Pokemon :PWreckEm711
I'm not saying I have a problem with franchises being milked. I used to buy Madden every year and then took a few years off. I got this year's as a gift and I felt the same way, I thought it was a good game.
#304 Posted by ZumaJones07 (16458 posts) -
If ya'll are into hardcore pokemon battling I recommend Pokemon Online. Max stats, no breeding nonsense, and all items. There is also an Android app with it and it's PERFECT for killing time.
#305 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -
It is 30 degrees in my house right now. It was 60 yesterday. What is going on?!
#306 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

It is 30 degrees in my house right now. It was 60 yesterday. What is going on?!meetroid8

Heater..? :P

#307 Posted by Jaysonguy (37973 posts) -

I'd say they've milked the Pokemon series dry. I think, just from watching my son play, that there have been hardly any changes to the pokemon games. Someone can correct us if we're wrong...Jayson?DDRMom

There's been some pretty big differences between the Pokemon games, even from the start (and end) of the DS era

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl saw the Poketech which is awesome on the bottom screen and has a ton of stuff to do by itself but it's also where we saw the biggest change in all of Pokemondomaniam.

The battle system was redisigned to change what moves were special or physical moves. Like Fire type moves that were punches were now physical instead of special, that was huge.

Also Pokemon got characteristics instead of just nature, that makes Pokemon that much more difficult to find the perfect fighters for your team.

The starters also have mixed types, my monkey is a fire fighting monkey and that makes it even more awesome because it works on multiple levels.

It also has the underground mining which I wish they'd go back to, that and the berry growing which was like a little Harvest Moon

Platinum added the Wi-Fi plaza which is great for lots of people and then tweaked a bunch of things like some moves and how they hit.

Gold and Silver were remakes so they got the Poketech and the Pokewalker which is fantastic. Not much you could really do with these two since if you changed them too much people buying on nostalgia would have freaked out.

The only reason these games were remade was to make every single Pokemon available in the DS era, that was the only reason, everything else you hear is a lie.

Pokemon Black and White have a whole new set of Pokemon, no throwbacks until you beat the game.

Then it's always online so you can do a bunch including the Pokemon Dream World where you can send Pokemon into the Pokemon.com site and meet other Pokemon and also do stuff on Pokemon.com that will transfer back to the Pokemon when it comes back.

They now have seasons (all 4) and then day and night, well actually the time changes in the game in real time as your time so now it has time and seasons.

Triple battles which make fighting a bit more difficult if you have one (or more) Pokemon that does area damage.

The biggest one besides always online and using Pokemon.com is the fact that HM and TM's are unlimited, you only used to have unlimited HM's but TM's were a one time use, gaining the ability to use TM's all over the place is a big help.

That's the stuff that really grabs me, a ton of stuff changes in all the games where the nuts and bolts of the game are. New Pokeballs are added and the number of "what Pokemon does what damage" and attack rate and catch rate are all tweaked too.

Personally each game to me is very different and I see all the changes, going from Diamond to Platnium was a step up and then Silver was a step down because of the remake and then White was a huge step up.

I'm into Pokemon though and my Mom is into Pokemon so we may see it differently.

#308 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="DDRMom"]I'd say they've milked the Pokemon series dry. I think, just from watching my son play, that there have been hardly any changes to the pokemon games. Someone can correct us if we're wrong...Jayson?Jaysonguy

There's been some pretty big differences between the Pokemon games, even from the start (and end) of the DS era

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl saw the Poketech which is awesome on the bottom screen and has a ton of stuff to do by itself but it's also where we saw the biggest change in all of Pokemondomaniam.

The battle system was redisigned to change what moves were special or physical moves. Like Fire type moves that were punches were now physical instead of special, that was huge.

Also Pokemon got characteristics instead of just nature, that makes Pokemon that much more difficult to find the perfect fighters for your team.

The starters also have mixed types, my monkey is a fire fighting monkey and that makes it even more awesome because it works on multiple levels.

It also has the underground mining which I wish they'd go back to, that and the berry growing which was like a little Harvest Moon

Platinum added the Wi-Fi plaza which is great for lots of people and then tweaked a bunch of things like some moves and how they hit.

Gold and Silver were remakes so they got the Poketech and the Pokewalker which is fantastic. Not much you could really do with these two since if you changed them too much people buying on nostalgia would have freaked out.

The only reason these games were remade was to make every single Pokemon available in the DS era, that was the only reason, everything else you hear is a lie.

Pokemon Black and White have a whole new set of Pokemon, no throwbacks until you beat the game.

Then it's always online so you can do a bunch including the Pokemon Dream World where you can send Pokemon into the Pokemon.com site and meet other Pokemon and also do stuff on Pokemon.com that will transfer back to the Pokemon when it comes back.

They now have seasons (all 4) and then day and night, well actually the time changes in the game in real time as your time so now it has time and seasons.

Triple battles which make fighting a bit more difficult if you have one (or more) Pokemon that does area damage.

The biggest one besides always online and using Pokemon.com is the fact that HM and TM's are unlimited, you only used to have unlimited HM's but TM's were a one time use, gaining the ability to use TM's all over the place is a big help.

That's the stuff that really grabs me, a ton of stuff changes in all the games where the nuts and bolts of the game are. New Pokeballs are added and the number of "what Pokemon does what damage" and attack rate and catch rate are all tweaked too.

Personally each game to me is very different and I see all the changes, going from Diamond to Platnium was a step up and then Silver was a step down because of the remake and then White was a huge step up.

I'm into Pokemon though and my Mom is into Pokemon so we may see it differently.

Thanks for the input, I have no idea what any of that stuff is so sounds like a massive upgrade since Red and Blue haha

#309 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Yeah,Pokemon are the sh!t,dude.

I'm supposed to be playing Platinum atm,so i'm ready once Grey comes out.

But i've procrastinated so much this month...

I watched The Dark Knight today...

Wow...it was very satisfying.

#310 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

The semester just started last week, so many readings already.

IT Information Systems Security & Privacy is going to be my toughest course. Open book + open notes midterm/final, but the book is in two volumes (total of 2,048 pages) and we only have an hour for the midterm, 2.5 for the final.

30 chapters to cover over one semester for one course.

#311 Posted by ChikaraShref (4721 posts) -

The semester just started last week, so many readings already.

IT Information Systems Security & Privacy is going to be my toughest course. Open book + open notes midterm/final, but the book is in two volumes (total of 2,048 pages) and we only have an hour for the midterm, 2.5 for the final.

30 chapters to cover over one semester for one course.

Haziqonfire
i liked that class. and i got my security+ degree because of it. lol.
#312 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

i liked that class. and i got my security+ degree because of it. lol.ChikaraShref

I'm mostly scared because of the Professor. I had him in third year and he was ... inept.

That's putting it very lightly.

I'm reading through the textbook right now, the early chapters are interesting -- hopefully I'll remain interested in the content throughout the semester.

#313 Posted by ChikaraShref (4721 posts) -

[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"]i liked that class. and i got my security+ degree because of it. lol.Haziqonfire

I'm mostly scared because of the Professor. I had him in third year and he was ... inept.

That's putting it very lightly.

I'm reading through the textbook right now, the early chapters are interesting -- hopefully I'll remain interested in the content throughout the semester.

guy i had was tough and knew his stuff. i loved it =P
#314 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

guy i had was tough and knew his stuff. i loved it =PChikaraShref

Prof I have says 'I found videos online of people explaining things better than I could do, so we're going to watch those for 2.5 hours'.

#315 Posted by ChikaraShref (4721 posts) -

[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"]guy i had was tough and knew his stuff. i loved it =PHaziqonfire

Prof I have says 'I found videos online of people explaining things better than I could do, so we're going to watch those for 2.5 hours'.

wtf...how does he have a job?!?!
#316 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

wtf...how does he have a job?!?!ChikaraShref

*shrug*

Like I said, he's inept when it comes to lecturing, but he obviously has a lot of knowledge when you talk to him outside of class.

#317 Posted by alexh_99 (5378 posts) -
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"]guy i had was tough and knew his stuff. i loved it =PChikaraShref

wtf...how does he have a job?!?!

professors have jobs due to their research not because of their teaching ability
#318 Posted by JordanElek (18073 posts) -

Anybody up for some Mario Kart this afternoon? Our community has only been used once.... :( But I'm up for playing regular online if less than four people can play.

#319 Posted by alexh_99 (5378 posts) -

Anybody up for some Mario Kart this afternoon? Our community has only been used once.... :( But I'm up for playing regular online if less than four people can play.

JordanElek
i can do it. How do i join?
#320 Posted by JordanElek (18073 posts) -

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

alexh_99

I didn't even realize you had a 3DS. What's your code? Mine is 1332-7702-0947.

The OT Lounge Community code is 66-6707-7752-1017. It's not really fun unless more than three people are playing at once, though. But entering the code puts it in your favorites list so it's always there for easy access whenever enough of us are together to play.

I'll probably be playing in a half hour or so after I eat something.

#321 Posted by alexh_99 (5378 posts) -

[QUOTE="alexh_99"][QUOTE="JordanElek"]

JordanElek

I didn't even realize you had a 3DS. What's your code? Mine is 1332-7702-0947.

The OT Lounge Community code is 66-6707-7752-1017. It's not really fun unless more than three people are playing at once, though. But entering the code puts it in your favorites list so it's always there for easy access whenever enough of us are together to play.

I'll probably be playing in a half hour or so after I eat something.

I had a 3DS since launch, however i never had MK7 until christmas. my friend code is 2878-9615-2343
#322 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Sometimes i'm so angry,i..i....!@#$%^&*

Yeah....i'm so depressed,frustrated..angry...

Too much...all this....

#323 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -

Hey look, the Bonk glitch is back again, my favorite!

Too much...all this....

GreekGameManiac

This is the only advice I can give you.

#324 Posted by Jaysonguy (37973 posts) -

I have a total first world problem

The short story is this, I get about 300 dollars worth of comics a month and that would be terrific but the problem is that the Marvel release schedule got so screwed up during Secret Invasion that I stopped reading for a while and let all the books catch up for Dark Reign, well that was 2008 and I never really got back to reading them all since I didn't have a definitive reading order for Dark Reign.

Now I've been just tossing the Marvel books in boxes and then the DC and Dark Horse ones too and now I have about 1600 comics that need to be read.

I put them all out on my living room and dining room floors ordered A-Z and today I have to break them down into each series and publisher, then maybe I can start reading from Dark Reign on.

It's very overwhelming to know there's that much to read just to catch up, I don't like that feeling.

#325 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Too much...all this....

GreekGameManiac
Lemme guess, you kept having crashes every time you entered a house in skyrim last night too?
#326 Posted by super600 (31020 posts) -

Infinite respawning bonk glitch is back and I made a funnyreference to pokemon yesterday.

#327 Posted by JordanElek (18073 posts) -

I have a total first world problem

The short story is this, I get about 300 dollars worth of comics a month and that would be terrific but the problem is that the Marvel release schedule got so screwed up during Secret Invasion that I stopped reading for a while and let all the books catch up for Dark Reign, well that was 2008 and I never really got back to reading them all since I didn't have a definitive reading order for Dark Reign.

Now I've been just tossing the Marvel books in boxes and then the DC and Dark Horse ones too and now I have about 1600 comics that need to be read.

I put them all out on my living room and dining room floors ordered A-Z and today I have to break them down into each series and publisher, then maybe I can start reading from Dark Reign on.

It's very overwhelming to know there's that much to read just to catch up, I don't like that feeling.

Jaysonguy

Wikipedia and fire. That will catch you up and eliminate all of your problems.

#328 Posted by roboccs (7349 posts) -
Got back into Oblivion this weekend... I hate Vampires, they keep kickin my azz.
#329 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Lemme guess, you kept having crashes every time you entered a house in skyrim last night too?WreckEm711

Hahaha!

No,i don't have Skyrim.

I just feel that i'ma explode,really.

I'm so angry and frustrated.

Fights with friends,etc.

I hate it when ppl,ppl like them don't understand my anger.

:/ if i'm angry and you ignore/avoid me,it only makes me angrier.

So it's just best to apologise.

PS:Not an MLP fan,but i know ppl who like it.

And they are all grown-up guys.

:P

#330 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -
I officially 100% beat SM3DL. 5 star profile, golf flag and M L completion on 8-crown, and best time on every time trial: 30 hours, 335 deaths. I love this game :) Gonna make another profile and try to get five star glittery stars :O
#331 Posted by Enforcedspot (2915 posts) -

just want to share this

i lol'd

#332 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -

just want to share this

i lol'd

Enforcedspot

The font is so small. >.>

#333 Posted by Enforcedspot (2915 posts) -

[QUOTE="Enforcedspot"]

just want to share this

i lol'd

meetroid8

The font is so small. >.>

made it bigger. sorry about :P

#334 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -
It all makes so much more sense now! I chuckled.
#335 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4877 posts) -

Ugh Midterm week.

4 midterms tomorrow. I have not slept in 30 hours and the dinner from last night was my last meal. I've been chewing gum and drinking water all day.

I think it's time to finally eat something... :|

#336 Posted by JordanElek (18073 posts) -

Fi's most redeeming quality is that she makes Navi seem not quite so bad.

http://www.dorkly.com/video/30673/dorkly-bits-fi-annoys-link

#337 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Ugh, awful weather we're having here in Calgary. -40 with the windchill is no fun. :|

#338 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -

Fi's most redeeming quality is that she makes Navi seem not quite so bad.

JordanElek

I'd prefer to listen to her than suffer through the non skippable scrolling text. >.>

#339 Posted by alexh_99 (5378 posts) -

There was only one time when i actually felt Fi said anything useful.

That was when she told me that i could get monster horns by using my whip on those goblins.

#340 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

That Pushmo comic is hilarious!

#341 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

Ugh, awful weather we're having here in Calgary. -40 with the windchill is no fun. :|

moltenix
Ewwwww. I hate cold.
#342 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Lol i LOVE the cold.

It's so..rejuvenating!!!

#343 Posted by roboccs (7349 posts) -
I would actually take way too cold vs. way too hot. When cold you can always add layers. When too hot, there only so many layers you can strip away. And I hate the real tired/lazy feeling you get when being too hot. It feels so draining. Also, I know GS is always glitchy but it's been really bad lately with the BONKS and now Fuse is down for maintenance... I wonder if there is a huge update coming soon....
#344 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -
[QUOTE="roboccs"]I would actually take way too cold vs. way too hot. When cold you can always add layers. When too hot, there only so many layers you can strip away. And I hate the real tired/lazy feeling you get when being too hot. It feels so draining. Also, I know GS is always glitchy but it's been really bad lately with the BONKS and now Fuse is down for maintenance... I wonder if there is a huge update coming soon....

I **** you not, I have the bonk error so often it's my #3 most visited page out of all Internet usage....
#345 Posted by lancea34 (6912 posts) -

I finally beat Super Mario 3D Land 100% + the last special bonus level. That level was a pain but it was worth finishing. :D

#346 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

I finally beat Super Mario 3D Land 100% + the last special bonus level. That level was a pain but it was worth finishing. :D

lancea34

Wasn't it satisfying? :D Once I got the timing of the jumps down it wasnt bad, but omg the part with the single blocks destroyed me lol

#347 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -

moltenix
I envy you so much, it's 50 degrees here, for January that is just ridiculous.
#348 Posted by lancea34 (6912 posts) -

[QUOTE="lancea34"]

WreckEm711

Wasn't it satisfying? :D Once I got the timing of the jumps down it wasnt bad, but omg the part with the single blocks destroyed me lol

The tanooki power-up made that part much easier.

#349 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Sooo, I just created my first Pushmo level, you may recognize the picture :P

This is a very basic model of the actual puzzle aspect of it, mostly platforming rather than block pushing, but I'll work on adding difficulty later, the main thing behind it now was the design :)

#350 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4877 posts) -

WreckEm711

That's awesome! :o

I wish I could play Pushmo, but I promised myself to finish all Ambassador games, Link's Awakening, Chrono Trigger, Majora's Mask, and Fluidity before I buy anything else (MK7 would be the exception; I've been waiting a month to buy it).