The magic and beauty that is Endless Ocean 2: Blue World

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

I've never seen such a magical game like this.

The story, the music, sound, releaxaing atmosphere etc. Arika did it right after the concerns of the first game.

Main story takes 8 hours to complete and then you some huge replayability to do side missions and such.

I hope we will see a sequel on the 3DS or ProjectCafe

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts
endless ocean is very niche. i can easily see why people hate it. hell my local retailer didnt even bother to sell it...i had to get it on amazon. but i love endless ocean 1 and 2 (2 being much better in most ways). a nice and relaxing game with interesting places to explore. id love to see an endless ocean on the 3DS...that would be very kewl. a wii2 version would also be most welcome.
J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

Yeah the Endless Ocean games are amazing, I own both. Endless Ocean: Blue World is a fantastic sequel, they improved everything.

I think they're some of the best games on the Wii, Blue World is in my top ten favorite games.

I think it took me over 50 hrs to beat Blue World. The story was great, it always made me want to keep coming back for more inbetween doing all the extra stuff. And the soundtrack is beautiful. I haven't played it in months but I'm pretty sure I had over 150 hrs of play time when I stopped and there was still tons of stuff to do. I even made a Friend Code Thread for Blue World but barely anyone here seemed to care, it got hardly any use.

I hope they make a third one for Project Cafe as well.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Hmmm...i guess ill get it then,or get a sequel for Wii 2.

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

A title worth replying to. If only the postings followed suit instead of just waxing about the past.

Sadly, the game is incredibly narrow in scope for the so-called "general" consumer. Much like Pikmin and Chibi-Robo.

Anyone with two-bits of info could do a playthrough and fascinate children and adults alike. Had the developers saw this as a way of playing games, I think there would be additional success in both the genre and the branding. Something to look into.

Still..amazing game. And I don't know how you could play the story in only 8 hours. I was on the first island for 4 before going further into it. There really is no reason to rush when you can explore so much for so long a time. Its so frustrating that the cheap Pokemon Snap ripoffs flooded the Wii soon after and left this in the dust.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I really enjoyed both. But the story missions of Blue World really annoyed me. The first just dropped you in the middle of the ocean and let you do your own thing, discover and unveil the story at your own pace. Blue World was constantly piping saying to go here or there, at times even turning the my character around if I went too far in the wrong direction. The side missions were incredible though.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LastRambo341

Yeah the Endless Ocean games are amazing, I own both. Endless Ocean: Blue World is a fantastic sequel, they improved everything.

I think they're some of the best games on the Wii, Blue World is in my top ten favorite games.

I think it took me over 50 hrs to beat Blue World. The story was great, it always made me want to keep coming back for more inbetween doing all the extra stuff. And the soundtrack is beautiful. I haven't played it in months but I'm pretty sure I had over 150 hrs of play time when I stopped and there was still tons of stuff to do. I even made a Friend Code Thread for Blue World but barely anyone here seemed to care, it got hardly any use.

I hope they make a third one for Project Cafe as well.

J_Ford
From what I have heard and dunno if it is true, the online play is a waste of time since all of the creatures or treasures you've discovered don't count. I could be wrong
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LastRambo341
I really enjoyed both. But the story missions of Blue World really annoyed me. The first just dropped you in the middle of the ocean and let you do your own thing, discover and unveil the story at your own pace. Blue World was constantly piping saying to go here or there, at times even turning the my character around if I went too far in the wrong direction. The side missions were incredible though.meetroid8
You didn't HAVE to complete the story missions, but they were so addictive that you wanna complete them all. I didn't get your part regarding the "turning the character around" thing
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
[QUOTE="meetroid8"]I really enjoyed both. But the story missions of Blue World really annoyed me. The first just dropped you in the middle of the ocean and let you do your own thing, discover and unveil the story at your own pace. Blue World was constantly piping saying to go here or there, at times even turning the my character around if I went too far in the wrong direction. The side missions were incredible though.LastRambo341
You didn't HAVE to complete the story missions, but they were so addictive that you wanna complete them all. I didn't get your part regarding the "turning the character around" thing

I didn't HAVE to complete the story missions in the same way that I don't HAVE to complete the dungeons in LoZ. I enjoyed them, I just wish it hadn't been so structured. I believe it was while using sonar(or some sort of exploration tool) that a couple times I decided to go check out a different area than it was leading me to and I was forced to turn around until I had gone to the exact spot they wanted me to go. Of course I was able to go check it out immediately afterwards, its only a minor inconvenience really.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
I think Endless Ocean is definitely a series that would benefit from being on the 3DS, the 3D effect would work great for a series like this and I think it would reach a wider audience on a handheld.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Endless Ocean Blue World is one of my favorite games of all time. Add wii speak support and is the ultimate game to play with a good friend.
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

Not rly my type of game.

Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts

I have the first one and am waiting on some money before I get Blue World but damn I am getting impatient especially after reading some of what you guys have said about it

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LastRambo341

I have the first one and am waiting on some money before I get Blue World but damn I am getting impatient especially after reading some of what you guys have said about it

Bane_09
Oh trust me, whatever you feel about the first game. You'll feel even more positive about the second one.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LastRambo341
Endless Ocean Blue World is one of my favorite games of all time. Add wii speak support and is the ultimate game to play with a good friend.Rod90
I wish those online diving sessions actually count to your catalogue
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i had the first one and had some great times exploring caves and stuff!...but about halfway through i decided this game is mostly about looking at the marine life..so i decided not to buy another one until wiiHD came out.

i pray they make one for cafe.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LastRambo341

i had the first one and had some great times exploring caves and stuff!...but about halfway through i decided this game is mostly about looking at the marine life..so i decided not to buy another one until wiiHD came out.

i pray they make one for cafe.

KBFloYd
Don't miss out Blue World though