The Last Story=0)

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

couchgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 couchgamer
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
How well is it selling here in the US? I love the game. It's one of my favs of the year. I just want to see it do well. A sequel at some point would be great!
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Only sold about 110,000 units, less than in Japan. Did alright for such a niche game, don't expect a sequel, that game is really self contained lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Pretty sad such great games getting misrable sales... All the while Final Fantasy selling in the millions.. You'd think JRPG gamers would open up to other games in the genre but I guess most of them just stick to whats popular.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

It truly is a shame that this and Xenoblade didn't sell very well. They really are two of the best games of the generation and I'd dare say among the best ever.

One thing I've thought of that is somewhat on topic is if I were to play The Last Story on the WiiU, would it still have all of the framerate problems that it did on the Wii? I'm not much of a tech person, but I can't imagine that the WiiU would hiccup as much as the Wii did playing through.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

It truly is a shame that this and Xenoblade didn't sell very well. They really are two of the best games of the generation and I'd dare say among the best ever.

One thing I've thought of that is somewhat on topic is if I were to play The Last Story on the WiiU, would it still have all of the framerate problems that it did on the Wii? I'm not much of a tech person, but I can't imagine that the WiiU would hiccup as much as the Wii did playing through.

nintendofreak_2
I wondered same thing. It's its hardware comparable maybe, if its software it may be worse. I know Xbox games on 360 seem worse
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

nintendofreak_2

Reggie said that Xenoblade Chronicles sold "Quite Well."

Link

"We needed to make sure that there was really an opportunity for it," Fils-Aime said. "We wanted to see how it would sell in Europe, and based on the performance in Europe, we would look to bring it here to the U.S. It did well in Europe; we decided to bring it in here. We took a very smart approach and we sold it ourselves online in terms of physical goods as well as a focus on GameStop as a retailer, and it was a very good effort for us."

"How'd it sell?" I asked.

"Quite well," he said.

While chatting with Nintendo's Fils-Aime, I also asked about the next RPG from Monolith Soft, the one they're making for Wii U. Should we expect that same Xenoblade rollercoaster ride all over again?

"We know that they're working on a game," he said. "I personally haven't seen it, but I know there's a lot of excitement in Japan and Kyoto about what they're working on, so I look forward to seeing it. In the end, if it's a game that we decide to publish from... what would be a second-party standpoint, certainly we'd love to bring it here to the US.

"The way we look at the opportunity is, given a level of marketing support, how much are we gonna sell and is it gonna be a profitable venture?"

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Still trying to decide if I wanna buy it or not. Xenoblade while a good game, was a let down.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Still trying to decide if I wanna buy it or not. Xenoblade while a good game, was a let down.

NaveedLife

everything is a let down for you...

but i saw your post praising the wiimote in metroid so that's a good start :)

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

NaveedLife

I was disappointed with it too. It was like an MMO without the MMO. Boring and overhyped.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Euaggelistes

I was disappointed with it too. It was like an MMO without the MMO. Boring and overhyped.

you fell for the hype... you have no one to blame but yourself.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Euaggelistes

Not really, and the great majority of people loved it, stop acting like your singular taste and opinion is the be all end all of a game.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AutoPilotOn
I didn't get into xenoblade eighter but last story is great
jackfruitchips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jackfruitchips
Member since 2012 • 1065 Posts

[QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

KBFloYd

I bought it 3 days ago, got bored after playing a few hours. Bought The Last Story yesterday, I wanted to get it new but the only copy left at Gamestop was used. It is really good, I'm currently at chapter 7 and loving it so far. I like the character design, especially the female characters look beautiful, the city of Lizulis is really alive (Colony 9 in XC is really boring), the dialogue, and of course the real time combat is fun.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

jackfruitchips

I bought it 3 days ago, got bored after playing a few hours. Bought The Last Story yesterday, I wanted to get it new but the only copy left at Gamestop was used. It is really good, I'm currently at chapter 7 and loving it so far. I like the character design, especially the female characters look beautiful, the city of Lizulis is really alive (Colony 9 in XC is really boring), the dialogue, and of course the real time combat is fun.

i didn't buy the last story ..nor do want to. but glad to see people enjoying nintendo games and when they hate a game like you did (xenoblade) you don't go on every thread b%ching all the time...

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nintendofreak_2

Nintendo_Ownes7

I mean that considering it's quality, it should have sold better. Xenoblade should be a multi-million seller, same with The Last Story.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

jackfruitchips

Good to know. I will definitely pick up The Last Story at some point. See KB, I am not all negative ;), I am just honest.

Is the framerate really iffy? That is the only negative I have heard abotu the game.

iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 iHarlequin
Member since 2011 • 1928 Posts

[QUOTE="jackfruitchips"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

NaveedLife

Good to know. I will definitely pick up The Last Story at some point. See KB, I am not all negative ;), I am just honest.

Is the framerate really iffy? That is the only negative I have heard abotu the game.

It is pretty bad in sections, but for the majority of the game it isn't. Honestly, braving the drops to 15 - 30 FPS is well worth it considering how good the game is, overall.

It is no Xenoblade, but it's a fantastic game.

iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iHarlequin

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

nintendofreak_2

I mean that considering it's quality, it should have sold better. Xenoblade should be a multi-million seller, same with The Last Story.

I know we can't compare a multi-platform game like FF XIII to Xenoblade, but it's specially depressing to consider that around 20x the people that have played Xenoblade have played Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="jackfruitchips"] I bought it 3 days ago, got bored after playing a few hours. Bought The Last Story yesterday, I wanted to get it new but the only copy left at Gamestop was used. It is really good, I'm currently at chapter 7 and loving it so far. I like the character design, especially the female characters look beautiful, the city of Lizulis is really alive (Colony 9 in XC is really boring), the dialogue, and of course the real time combat is fun.iHarlequin

It is pretty bad in sections, but for the majority of the game it isn't. Honestly, braving the drops to 15 - 30 FPS is well worth it considering how good the game is, overall.

It is no Xenoblade, but it's a fantastic game.

Well I hope it is better than Xenoblade, since it isn't that amazing :P. I think I will like TLS better.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

NaveedLife
I enjoyed The Last Story far more than Xenoblade, I don't know why Xenoblade got so much love and TLS was mostly ignored or put down.
AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts
I still want to get Xenoblade, though... I have to say that I am glad I purchased TLS first. I really like the city of Lazulis, and the story and combat (while mostly way to easy) is just great. And because TLS is (relatively) so short, I can imagine wanting to go through it again right after finishing it. After I'm done with a rpg that is over 50 hours, I generally want to shelve it for a while.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WreckEm711
[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Sepewrath
I enjoyed The Last Story far more than Xenoblade, I don't know why Xenoblade got so much love and TLS was mostly ignored or put down.

That would be because TLS has a predictable spoon fed story, repetitive dungeon design, and horrible framerate. Great party characters and combat though
mark1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mark1982
Member since 2004 • 425 Posts

I just finished The Last Story, a good RPG, not fantastic like some of the RPG's I played on the PS2 or SNES, but still a solid RPG. I was a bit put off at the voice overs at first but later I warmed up to it, especially that drunken sailor Syrenne :P I still have Xenoblade to play, I will start that after I'm done with Borderlands 2.

I'm just glad that the creators of Xenoblade are currently working on a Wii U title, something to look forward to as well.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sepewrath

That would be because TLS has a predictable spoon fed story, repetitive dungeon design, and horrible framerate. Great party characters and combat thoughWreckEm711
You also forgot to mention that TLS has a lot of gameplay variety, while Xenoblade has none, every mission is the same. And it does not have repetitive dungeon design, even if it did, its not enough to counter having superior combat, gameplay and characters. Lastly when it comes to stories, Xenoblade is every bit as predictable as TLS and it drags, at least TLS gets to the inevitable point with some haste.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23890 Posts

Xenoblade=WoW+Skyrim. 2 terrible games indeed. And while Xenoblade is not quite as terrible as either, it is just mediocre.
The Last Story=Final Fantasy 4+Baldur's Gate 2, and BG2 is one of the best games of all time. Lets see here. 6 man parties, varied encounter design, good bosses for RPG standards, strong side quests, a story far more developed and well thought out than Xenoblade with moral ambiguiousity and politics, and the game has very little filler.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AutoPilotOn
Did u just call wow and Skyrim terrible games????
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Maroxad

Did u just call wow and Skyrim terrible games????AutoPilotOn

Yeah. But this is the Wii boards, so I will not comment anymore on that. But I will say this. Threat is a HORRIBLE mechanic, and makes combat stale, and predictable, cooldown is also a terrible system which causes players to focus too much on the UI as opposed to the game, and finally big but empty worlds are just meh. Especially if they are repetitive (Xenoblade's was for most of the part not repetitive thankfully).

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I forgot about Last Story, I might pick it up sometime before the end of the year is over.
jackfruitchips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jackfruitchips
Member since 2012 • 1065 Posts

I think XC is overrated.

Story:

- XC: Admittedly I've played XC for 3 and a half hours but I found they dialogues are uninteresting.

-LTS: Story maybe cliched but somehow I found myself enjoyed the dialogues much more than XC. Voice acting is very good.

Characters:

I like Zael and Calista better than Shulk and Fiora becayse they look better and older, more mature.

Combat:

TLS wins, no contest. I have no idea why IGN and GS reviewers said XC combat is fantastic and brilliant. The auto attack is stupid. I don't like the fact that when ever you want to use a skill, you have to choose an icon on screen. Another reason XC is not as fun as TLS for me is the enemies. TLS has many humanoid enemies, whereas XC has only monsters (or at least most of them are).

Level designs:

I'm at chapter 11 on warship, fighting boss Muruk. So far TLS is not bad at all in this aspect. The city of Lazulis is very convincing, very alive unlike Colony 9 which is almost like a ghost town. The people actually go about their business. They don't just wander around mindlessly or just stand at a corner. It reminds me of the cities in Assassin's Creed 1 &2 but it's a little bit bigger.

iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 iHarlequin

I think XC is overrated.

Story:

- XC: Admittedly I've played XC for 3 and a half hours but I found they dialogues are uninteresting.

-LTS: Story maybe cliched but somehow I found myself enjoyed the dialogues much more than XC. Voice acting is very good.

Characters:

I like Zael and Calista better than Shulk and Fiora becayse they look better and older, more mature.

Combat:

TLS wins, no contest. I have no idea why IGN and GS reviewers said XC combat is fantastic and brilliant. The auto attack is stupid. I don't like the fact that when ever you want to use a skill, you have to choose an icon on screen. Another reason XC is not as fun as TLS for me is the enemies. TLS has many humanoid enemies, whereas XC has only monsters (or at least most of them are).

Level designs:

I'm at chapter 11 on warship, fighting boss Muruk. So far TLS is not bad at all in this aspect. The city of Lazulis is very convincing, very alive unlike Colony 9 which is almost like a ghost town. The people actually go about their business. They don't just wander around mindlessly or just stand at a corner. It reminds me of the cities in Assassin's Creed 1 &2 but it's a little bit bigger.

jackfruitchips

Don't compare both until you've completed them; I did the same mistake, though in my case I severely underrated TLS after only playing it for a few hours.

Xenoblade Chronicles is an explorative jRPG: it incentives you to level up, find items, explore the several different areas and build your character relations - all in order to access more things and become stronger (as in, the incentive isn't story-based, but gameplay-based).

The Last Story is a linear jRPG: you have a story that is strung out through chapters, which are completed one after the other - in a specific order. There is very little in the sense of backtracking and exploring, and due to that, there are some interesting interactions with the ambient.

I won't discuss the merit of combat: they're both different and, in my opinion, appealing. In truth, TLS would have the better combat if it were harder - I simply didn't feel challenged throughout the game, whereas XC had some bosses and fights that made me re-consider my team and equipment. A lot of people say that XC's world is barren and MMOish (without the online interaction), but considering how lush and filled with monsters and optional bosses the world is, I never found myself bored due to the exploring.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]That would be because TLS has a predictable spoon fed story, repetitive dungeon design, and horrible framerate. Great party characters and combat thoughSepewrath

You also forgot to mention that TLS has a lot of gameplay variety, while Xenoblade has none, every mission is the same. And it does not have repetitive dungeon design, even if it did, its not enough to counter having superior combat, gameplay and characters. Lastly when it comes to stories, Xenoblade is every bit as predictable as TLS and it drags, at least TLS gets to the inevitable point with some haste.

Agreed 100%. Xenoblade just felt so repetitive. Glad to hear there is more variety in TLS. My issue with games that boast TONS of sidequests and such is that all the quests feel incrdibly similar and boring. I much prefer to have two dozen meaningful quests with unique rewards (Zelda does it well), rather than 200 sidequests that all feel the same and give you gold and experience.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Maroxad

The best part of The Last Story: You can dye your gear pink :D

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]That would be because TLS has a predictable spoon fed story, repetitive dungeon design, and horrible framerate. Great party characters and combat thoughNaveedLife

Agreed 100%. Xenoblade just felt so repetitive. Glad to hear there is more variety in TLS. My issue with games that boast TONS of sidequests and such is that all the quests feel incrdibly similar and boring. I much prefer to have two dozen meaningful quests with unique rewards (Zelda does it well), rather than 200 sidequests that all feel the same and give you gold and experience.

The quests are not only much more memorable, but also unlock good rewards. New customization options can be unlocked for instance, I recall unlocking a new merchant as well.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NaveedLife

The best part of The Last Story: You can dye your gear pink :D

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"] You also forgot to mention that TLS has a lot of gameplay variety, while Xenoblade has none, every mission is the same. And it does not have repetitive dungeon design, even if it did, its not enough to counter having superior combat, gameplay and characters. Lastly when it comes to stories, Xenoblade is every bit as predictable as TLS and it drags, at least TLS gets to the inevitable point with some haste.

Maroxad

The quests are not only much more memorable, but also unlock good rewards. New customization options can be unlocked for instance, I recall unlocking a new merchant as well.

Thanks for the info. I am definitely going to buy it (wishing it was on PC at 60 FPS :P) at some point. Just bought Tales of The Abyss though, so probably should wait a bit. though I hope it doesnt go up in price soon.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]That would be because TLS has a predictable spoon fed story, repetitive dungeon design, and horrible framerate. Great party characters and combat thoughSepewrath

Im sorry, but denying that TLS's dungeons are repetitive invalidates your opinion. It was literally three different styIes repeated all game. I know you like to throw the blinders up on stuff you like but come on man lol.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sepewrath
OK so your saying a ship is the same as an underwater cavern, is the same as a forest, is the same as temple ruins, is the same as a dungeon and so on? Who has the blinders on here? You jumped on that, because you cant counter anything else I said, because its all true. Like I said, they could have had one single dungeon and it would still be superior to XB. All XB missions were exactly the same, if you put the same thing in 100 different locations, its still the same thing. If you 15 different things in 1 location, its still 15 different things. That is why the TLS is better.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Sepewrath

Yeah, I agree, I prefer The Last Story than Xenoblade.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Maroxad

OK so your saying a ship is the same as an underwater cavern, is the same as a forest, is the same as temple ruins, is the same as a dungeon and so on? Who has the blinders on here? You jumped on that, because you cant counter anything else I said, because its all true. Like I said, they could have had one single dungeon and it would still be superior to XB. All XB missions were exactly the same, if you put the same thing in 100 different locations, its still the same thing. If you 15 different things in 1 location, its still 15 different things. That is why the TLS is better. Sepewrath

Not to mention. The environments actually have an effect on gameplay and some moves may require a chest high wall/tall wall to execute.

Environmnents in TLS: Forests, Ships, Sunken Ships, Mansions, Bandit Bases, Dungeons, Caverns, Hostile Cities and a lot more.

I would hardly consider that repetitive.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 WreckEm711

OK so your saying a ship is the same as an underwater cavern, is the same as a forest, is the same as temple ruins, is the same as a dungeon and so on? Who has the blinders on here? You jumped on that, because you cant counter anything else I said, because its all true. Like I said, they could have had one single dungeon and it would still be superior to XB. All XB missions were exactly the same, if you put the same thing in 100 different locations, its still the same thing. If you 15 different things in 1 location, its still 15 different things. That is why the TLS is better. Sepewrath

I dont have any reason to counter them, if you like TLS better than Xenoblade thats fine, I have said myself both in here and in my reviews that TLS does some things better, but you're seriously joking if you think that TLS doesnt have repititious dungeon themes, it was even knocked for that in professional reviews. Keep on trucking lol...

But nice false generalizations on Xenoblade? If you want me to act ignorant too I can, TLS you're just running through the same narrow corridor, fighting the exact same marginally better enemies with marginally different skills, in marginally different settings, with a spoon fed pandering story. The end :roll:

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#39 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

Wow there's so much hate for Xenoblade here, I loved it: excellent characters, story, music, gameplay, and value...definitely one of my favorite JRPGs ever. I've yet to play TLS though, I'll get around to that eventually.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
last story its great game i enjyed it i hope sakagushi make sequel on wii-u its reason a buy wii-u
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AutoPilotOn

Wow there's so much hate for Xenoblade here, I loved it: excellent characters, story, music, gameplay, and value...definitely one of my favorite JRPGs ever. I've yet to play TLS though, I'll get around to that eventually.

bowserjr123
I dont hate Xenoblade. Its an ok game. But I think its hugely over hyped. I really wanted to get into it. I will have to give it a try again after I finished TLS.
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#42 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

NaveedLife
Xenoblade and TLS are quite different games. Not related aside from the fact both are JRPG. In any case, if you didn't like Xenoblade, which is an awesome game, you better stay away from JRPGs at all as you won't appreciate them. Not every genre is for everyone
bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bowserjr123

[QUOTE="bowserjr123"]

AutoPilotOn

I dont hate Xenoblade. Its an ok game. But I think its hugely over hyped. I really wanted to get into it. I will have to give it a try again after I finished TLS.

Understandable, I can see why people wouldn't care for it. You should try to play it again, it gets better as you get farther into the game.

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nintendofreak_2

Understandable, I can see why people wouldn't care for it. You should try to play it again, it gets better as you get farther into the game.

bowserjr123

Personally I found that it peaked right around the point when you get the 7th character, and after you know who dies it really drops off, which sadly is towards the end. I really did enjoy the ending scene though, but I found that a lot of the stuff pre-final boss was a bit too weird.

TLS kind of got the same way, but only for the final boss battle. The one thing I have to say that TLS has a major edge over Xenoblade is that TLS doesn't really have a point in the game where it dragged on, where as the last dungeon or so in Xenoblade just felt unnecessary. I have to wonder what Xenoblade would have been like had Monolith Soft been able to complete it how they wanted to. Who knows what the Mechonis' shoulder could have been like, and what could have happened there.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bowserjr123

[QUOTE="bowserjr123"]

nintendofreak_2

Personally I found that it peaked right around the point when you get the 7th character, and after you know who dies it really drops off, which sadly is towards the end. I really did enjoy the ending scene though, but I found that a lot of the stuff pre-final boss was a bit too weird.

TLS kind of got the same way, but only for the final boss battle. The one thing I have to say that TLS has a major edge over Xenoblade is that TLS doesn't really have a point in the game where it dragged on, where as the last dungeon or so in Xenoblade just felt unnecessary. I have to wonder what Xenoblade would have been like had Monolith Soft been able to complete it how they wanted to. Who knows what the Mechonis' shoulder could have been like, and what could have happened there.

I haven't played TLS yet so I can't comment on that, but yeah I do agree that was the best part of the game, I loved the music and enemies in that part. I just loved Mechonis better in general, it felt more epic. I actually did like the stuff before the final boss a lot, it felt trippy lol and I liked the last major boss battle before the final boss.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

enrique_marrodz

Xenoblade and TLS are quite different games. Not related aside from the fact both are JRPG. In any case, if you didn't like Xenoblade, which is an awesome game, you better stay away from JRPGs at all as you won't appreciate them. Not every genre is for everyone

Ummm...I love JRPG's.

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Vesperia

SKies of Arcadia

Paper Mario

Paper Mario TTYD

Baten Kaitos

Baten Kaitos Origins

FF X

and tons more, are all awesome JRPG's. Xenoblade is a letdown, though a solid game. The world is rather empty, the quests are repetitive, and the rewards are usually very bland (given they are found in so many ways).

Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts
I thought Xenoblade was sh*t, to be frank. Even for a Wii game it was a technical blight, very hard on the eyes. The gameplay was uninteresting, the quests were dull beyond words, and the characters were flat and failed to inspire any emotions from me. I didn't give a damn what happened to any of them, and for me, that's an absolutely fatal flaw in a JRPG. Not surprising though, I seem to really hate all of this teams games, I thought the Baiten Kaitos games were the worst games in the genre last gen.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NaveedLife

I thought Xenoblade was sh*t, to be frank. Even for a Wii game it was a technical blight, very hard on the eyes. The gameplay was uninteresting, the quests were dull beyond words, and the characters were flat and failed to inspire any emotions from me. I didn't give a damn what happened to any of them, and for me, that's an absolutely fatal flaw in a JRPG. Not surprising though, I seem to really hate all of this teams games, I thought the Baiten Kaitos games were the worst games in the genre last gen.SteveTabernacle

Your last sentence made you lose all credibility with me. Baten Kaitos is phenomenal!

Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts
Phenomenal for me to poop on. :P
AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts
*off topic* would anyone care to compare FF 12 to Xenoblade? Thank you!