The hyrule warrior pre order bonuses are disgraceful

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Pre order bonuses were already cancer but now they're getting absurd.

Anybody seen what they are for this game? There's at least 3 different sets of costumes from 3 different retailers. No matter where you buy the game you're going to get shafted, it's ubisoft levels of bad.

Some might say who cares it's just dynasty warriors crap but that's not the point, Nintendo has jumped on another anti consumer bandwagon and i don't see much talking about it.

Here it is in case you missed it - link

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

"I am sure all three sets will be made available for direct purchase sometime after the game's release next month. No confirmation date has been made yet."

I thought they were free, at least the Link and Zelda ones, and the Ganondorf DLC being for Club Nintendo members for a limited amount of time....

lol this is insane. I guess I'll only enjoy the Ganondorf DLC since I'm going all digital and there's no way in hell I'll be spending money on skins.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Meh, I'm more pissed we don't get any sort of limited or collector's edition. I don't really care about costumes, although I'm not complaining that I'm getting one set for free at least. I understand it's more about the principle of the whole thing though.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I wonder what they plan for other countries. We only have one major video game outlet in my country, so I doubt we will get this problem.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#5 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

It's dumb. I'm not preordering it anyway. I'll buy it on Amazon sometime. If it came with a collectable coin or a steel case, I'd be tempted.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Yea its dumb, only want Twilight Princess costumes set. Wonder how that would work in AU?...EB games gets one set, JBHifi gets another?..Nintendo better release more info about it...I don't want to be buying the Limited Edition then finding it only comes with a stupid scarf. :P

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I think it's wonderful and anyone who doesn't want Nintendo to die should applaud it and support it.

First of all it's a crap, throw away, bargain bin, game but if this moves to real games it'll be impressive

It allows the stores giving out the bonuses to brag a bit that they have an exclusive, there's free pub right there. It also gives people incentive to get the game early and at a certain retailer. No one with a brain cell preorders a Nintendo game because they never drop in price. Preorder costumes lock people in, especially at Gamestop (land of 4 year olds and grandmothers).

Later on they can sell all the other skins as DLC.

This is Nintendo actually acting like a business, something they've failed to do for most of the last decade. We need to see more things like this if the company hopes to stay alive.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

This is Nintendo actually acting like a business, something they've failed to do for most of the last decade. We need to see more things like this if the company hopes to stay alive.

Oddly, enough, I said the same thing in another thread.

I don't necessarily like the idea of DLC, and I certainly don't like when it's restricted to a retailer. But this is a sign that Nintendo is actually doing something that's in tune with the current games market. I, too, believe this can generate some publicity for the game and see it as a testing ground for future releases. At it's most hopeful, if the DLC does well financially, I can see some 3rd parties giving Nintendo another chance to put their games on the Wii U, if they can also see profit from selling DLC items.

But yes, it does suck that we may not be able to get all the costumes. Unless they do release them as separate DLC or offer a premium/collector's edition of some sort.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

None of what they are offering is appealing enough to warrant a pre order.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts
@Grieverr said:

@Jaysonguy said:

But this is a sign that Nintendo is actually doing something that's in tune with the current games market. I, too, believe this can generate some publicity for the game and see it as a testing ground for future releases. At it's most hopeful, if the DLC does well financially, I can see some 3rd parties giving Nintendo another chance to put their games on the Wii U, if they can also see profit from selling DLC items.

But yes, it does suck that we may not be able to get all the costumes. Unless they do release them as separate DLC or offer a premium/collector's edition of some sort.

Wtf are you talking about? How is it good for Nintendo to be in tune with the current games market if it's a bad thing? All this stuff is is cut content set aside so retailers can try and profit more while we get shafted. This game has 3 retailers, but imagine if there were 6 different retailers doing this? That is a lot of content you're getting screwed out of.

If this was all Nintendo had to "catch up on" they would be ruling the market right now. All Nintendo really needs to catch up on is their online stuff and provide a more powerful console for developers and reach out to them, then they'd come back. They don't need to be more slimy for developers to come back.

Then, if 3rd party's came back and some did stuff like this it'd be on them, not Nintendo.

And you want to pay for some skins that were already supposed to be in the game in the first place?

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

100% agree chozo, getting the amazon pre order but these BETTER be timed costumes. I buy Nintendo games NEW because I know I'm getting everything. Screw this

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Chozofication said:
@Grieverr said:

@Jaysonguy said:

But this is a sign that Nintendo is actually doing something that's in tune with the current games market. I, too, believe this can generate some publicity for the game and see it as a testing ground for future releases. At it's most hopeful, if the DLC does well financially, I can see some 3rd parties giving Nintendo another chance to put their games on the Wii U, if they can also see profit from selling DLC items.

Wtf are you talking about? How is it good for Nintendo to be in tune with the current games market if it's a bad thing? All this stuff is is cut content set aside so retailers can try and profit more while we get shafted. This game has 3 retailers, but imagine if there were 6 different retailers doing this? That is a lot of content you're getting screwed out of.

If this was all Nintendo had to "catch up on" they would be ruling the market right now. All Nintendo really needs to catch up on is their online stuff and provide a more powerful console for developers and reach out to them, then they'd come back. They don't need to be more slimy for developers to come back.

Then, if 3rd party's came back and some did stuff like this it'd be on them, not Nintendo.

And you want to pay for some skins that were already supposed to be in the game in the first place?

It's not a bad thing, you think these outfits were going to be part of the game if not for the preorder bonuses?

There are usually 4 major chains that get involved. Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy, and Walmart, throw in Target every once and a while.

Look how even this weak promotion has people talking about character sets. Free promotion for a few character skins.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

...its obviously to make money.

guess ill have to buy the dlc codes on ebay..

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Glad I saw this. Getting mine from Amazon. Love Twilight Princess and the main reason I want this game at all is because I saw Midna as a playable character (albeit I would have much rather preferred Grown Up Midna but I'll be ok with Chibi Midna).