The Game you always come back to :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by powerman89 (2517 posts) -

I always go back to Super Mario 64 DS when I'm bored with everything else. Trying out glitches from Youtube is a blast :D

#2 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16767 posts) -

If I am super super bored and I'm in the mood to play Ds I play dragon quest IX, do some questing or Treasure Hunting. Such an amazing game.

#3 Posted by Videodogg (12569 posts) -

Nano Assault has not left my 3DS since i purchased the game.

#4 Posted by nintendofreak_2 (25896 posts) -

One of the GBA Fire Emblem titles or Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced 2. There's just so much replay value in them all, each run through feels like it's own game.

#5 Posted by DealRogers (4568 posts) -

Old Mario games in general, mostly Mario Bros.

#6 Posted by QUAZAMUHAHA (11 posts) -
Mario Hoops 3 on 3. It's so good :D Seriously, it's easy and fun. It's great.
#7 Posted by ZachMasta (579 posts) -
[QUOTE="QUAZAMUHAHA"]Mario Hoops 3 on 3. It's so good :D Seriously, it's easy and fun. It's great.

So lame -.-' no offense :-| I always play blazblue continuum shift 2 for 3DS. The port quality is quite meh, but a meh port of a super good game on a handheld = endless hours of practice. I doubt you could find another 3DS game that one could spend more time mastering
#8 Posted by Fire_Emblem_RD (9611 posts) -
Consoles: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance Handhelds: Probably Pokemon Gold or Silver.
#9 Posted by powerman89 (2517 posts) -
[QUOTE="ZachMasta"][QUOTE="QUAZAMUHAHA"]Mario Hoops 3 on 3. It's so good :D Seriously, it's easy and fun. It's great.

So lame -.-' no offense :-|

I gotta agree... Wasn't so fun when I played it :P
#10 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4764 posts) -

Handheld: Pokemon Black and Super Mario 3D Land
Console: Monster Hunter 3

#11 Posted by bbkkristian (14953 posts) -
[QUOTE="powerman89"][QUOTE="ZachMasta"][QUOTE="QUAZAMUHAHA"]Mario Hoops 3 on 3. It's so good :D Seriously, it's easy and fun. It's great.

So lame -.-' no offense :-|

I disagree :P I played it and enjoyed it. took a while to learn the game though.
#12 Posted by QUAZAMUHAHA (11 posts) -
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="powerman89"][QUOTE="ZachMasta"] So lame -.-' no offense :-|

I disagree :P I played it and enjoyed it. took a while to learn the game though.

Thank you! It can be really fun, and it's especially good when you've just got a spare 5-10 minutes to kill. :D
#13 Posted by s3g3nd0 (10 posts) -
Mario Kart 7, of course.
#14 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
On the DS? Rhythm Heaven or Elite Beat Agents.
#15 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

A few months ago I probably woud've said Dragon Quest IX, but now I've gotten hooked on Mario Kart 7.

#16 Posted by WadeMasquerade (16 posts) -
Handheld: New Super Mario Bros. or WarioWare: Touched Console: Resident Evil or Max Payne 2 All phenomenal games in my opinion.
#17 Posted by logicalfrank (1641 posts) -

I bought so many games last year that it is going to be a long time before I have a chance to come back to anything. That said, I am findiing myself putting down whatever game I'm in the middle of for a few rounds of Mario Kart 7 from time to time.

#18 Posted by Kirbside (314 posts) -

Well it was Dead or Alive Dimensions, but now it is a toss between JAWS at times and Mario Kart 7 which is mostly the case at the moment.

As for Eshop games: Scrabble Slam and Dr. Mario Express grab my attention when I feel like playing a more simplier of games

#19 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6021 posts) -
Console: Mercenaries 2: World in Flames. Handheld: either LotR: Conquest(ds) or Samurai Warriors Chronicles(3ds).
#20 Posted by EyeShatteredSky (1510 posts) -

All 3 titles in the Phoenix Wright trilogy. I've beaten all of them countless times, yet I never grow tired of replaying them again and again. The characters are just so entertaining, and the writing so strong, that it's like opening a really good book every time!

#21 Posted by terafumos (405 posts) -
I always come back to MK 7 to get a few races in. I'm eyeing Dead or Alive for similar purposes but I don't know if it's worth buying.
#22 Posted by nick21081 (141 posts) -

mario kart 7 for me, I always have it in rotation.

#23 Posted by Detroit222 (5302 posts) -

Dragon Quest IX, Rune Factory III or (and this is an oldie) Sims: Urbz.

#24 Posted by cprmauldin (1567 posts) -

Dragon Quest IX, Dragon Quest VI, Pokemon Platinum

...Endless replay value in all three.

#25 Posted by Paco8byu (513 posts) -

Advanced Wars Days of Ruin, or Pokemon Soulsilver.

#26 Posted by pataponplayer (1410 posts) -

Mario Kart 7. I can't seem to get bored of it no matter what.

#27 Posted by nintendofreak_2 (25896 posts) -

Sims: Urbz.

Detroit222

I've done a few run-throughs of that game. It was definitely one of the best launch titles on the DS, and all in all it was actually pretty decent.

#28 Posted by AzureDrive (77 posts) -
Any of the Pokemon games really, they never get old.
#29 Posted by XDarkGirlX (61 posts) -

A Link to The Past or Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon.

#30 Posted by guitarman89 (1485 posts) -

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="powerman89"] I gotta agree... Wasn't so fun when I played it :PQUAZAMUHAHA

Thank you! It can be really fun, and it's especially good when you've just got a spare 5-10 minutes to kill. :D

Hoops 3 on 3 = most underrated game on DS imo. That game was a blast

#31 Posted by Gamerboy006 (48 posts) -

For 3DS: Obviously Mario Kart 7

For DS: New Super Mario Bros.

For Wii: Pretty much anything! :)

#32 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16767 posts) -

[QUOTE="QUAZAMUHAHA"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"] I disagree :P I played it and enjoyed it. took a while to learn the game though. guitarman89

Most underrated? Ever hear of a game called Knights in the Nightmare?

#33 Posted by DARKNESSxEAGLE (489 posts) -

[QUOTE="guitarman89"]

[QUOTE="QUAZAMUHAHA"] Thank you! It can be really fun, and it's especially good when you've just got a spare 5-10 minutes to kill. :Dturtlethetaffer

You love that game too much, sure it was amazing, sure it was under rated, but every time there's a topic on great games you cannot help but jump in with something about KitN. While it was good (and I did love it), it was pretty complex and there's a large group of people who don't like that in their games, so much so that it can ruin it for them.

On topic though, I always go back to Rune Factory Frontier, and then stay on it for weeks, miss out one day of playing, and never go back. It's the same with the PSP version of Disgaea 2, 'cept Disgaea's LEMON SCENTED!

#34 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

Pokemon ahah :)

#35 Posted by farhata93 (8 posts) -
Console: Batman Arkham Asylum, Call of Duty MW2, GTA 4, Gear of War 3. Handheld: Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7.
#36 Posted by Pierst179 (10800 posts) -

I don't go back frquently to any DS games, but when it comes to the 3DS I would say Mario Kart 7 has that potential due to the very competitive and addictive online mode.

#37 Posted by limonman32 (130 posts) -

Pokemon Red

#38 Posted by ZachMasta (579 posts) -

Pokemon Red

limonman32
So old school, yet so refined :]
#39 Posted by pantyraid2113 (1976 posts) -

Mario Kart 7, DoA Dimensions, Haha and I saw someone else mention Sims: Urbz, I played the heck out of that game a few years ago :P I'm kinda in the mood for another playthrough now lol.

#40 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16767 posts) -

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

[QUOTE="guitarman89"]

DARKNESSxEAGLE

You love that game too much, sure it was amazing, sure it was under rated, but every time there's a topic on great games you cannot help but jump in with something about KitN. While it was good (and I did love it), it was pretty complex and there's a large group of people who don't like that in their games, so much so that it can ruin it for them.

On topic though, I always go back to Rune Factory Frontier, and then stay on it for weeks, miss out one day of playing, and never go back. It's the same with the PSP version of Disgaea 2, 'cept Disgaea's LEMON SCENTED!

What can I say, I want the game to be played by as many people as possible.

#41 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Pokemon SoulSilver.

:P

#42 Posted by bub166 (2607 posts) -

Definitely Ghost Recon Shadow Wars or Dead or Alive Dimensions. Both are great games with tons of replay. It's mostly what I've been doing since I got my 3DS a few weeks ago, and I do have Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, and Star Fox 64 too. Yet I still play these two all of the time.

Before I got the 3DS though, I would occasionally put in NSMB and messed around in a few levels before getting bored.

#43 Posted by animorphsfan (1511 posts) -

Paper Mario for N64

#44 Posted by Akkou1220 (31 posts) -

One of the GBA Fire Emblem titles or Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced 2. There's just so much replay value in them all, each run through feels like it's own game.

nintendofreak_2
same here. highest replay value i've ever seen. Fe and FFTA2 are the Best games on the DS/GBA IMO
#45 Posted by sparks12935 (213 posts) -

For me... It would have to be Majora's Mask... I don't know why... That game has always touched me...

#46 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
meteos and picross 3D. probably the best cost/benefit games i have.
#47 Posted by Eponique (17859 posts) -
Devil Survivor. Honestly, I've played the game so much, I'm starting to not like it >_>