The future of Pokemon games?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrytekSamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CrytekSamuel
Member since 2008 • 291 Posts

I don't know how Pokemon is holding up in other countries, but here in England, Pokemon has nearly completely died out, apart from ofcourse the DS games. It's certaintly nowhere near as popular was it was 5+ years ago. So it begs the question, are the Pokemon games coming to an end? In the next 4 years I mean. I know Pearl and Diamond are probably the highest selling DS game to date, but I fear that there may be only a few more additions to the series. Game Freaks need to aim their games at young adults and above if they want to continually sell, that audience have grown up with Pokemon. I just can't see Pokemon lasting much longer, especially with games like Pokeman Ranger etc, tarnishing the name of the great RPG games, which suggests Nintendo are trying to make as much money as possible before the franchise dies out.

What do you think? How much longer do you think it will it last?

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

I know Pearl and Diamond are probably the highest selling DS game to date, but I fear that there may be only a few more additions to the series.

Well, but not at the top.

Game Freaks need to aim their games at young adults and above if they want to continually sell, that audience have grown up with Pokemon.

Adults play Pokemon, kids play Pokemon; its a game that has a wide audience.

Pokemon will last a long time, mainly for that reason; it appeals to a large amount of kids, especially with related games like the tv show and the card game and multiplayer options (collecting appeals to youth for some reason); and it also appeals to adults, who grew up with Pokemon years ago. It's just a franchise that will never die out, and as you stated, Pokemon sells extremely well.

Kimachan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kimachan
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

To be honest, I dont want pokemon to continue to add, I want them to recycle. Or at least, add the stuff that was left out. I would like this to happen.

Adding Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, Hoenn, Orange Islands, Battle Fronteir, and all elite four's for each land. That way, all pokemon, gym leaders, elite fours, and all options will be open to those of us who thought crystal, gold, and silver were amazing because it incorperated everything AND added to the series.

All in all though, I doubt this will ever happen, But I can still dream!

~kima

gameroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 gameroz
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
if they sell more games they'll make more games i like playing pearl version alot i would like to see them make a game like that but with different citys and old ones in the game together and all pokemon as well make it a longer journey and have like 16 badges insted of 8
drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts

crystal, gold, and silver were amazing because it incorperated everything AND added to the series.

~kima

Kimachan

I remember Pokemon Gold being such a LOONNNGG game. But it was an awesome long game. It's like, you beat the game, and then hello! another whole world to run through. Granted, it took less time, but that's besides the point.

DsAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 DsAccount
Member since 2008 • 543 Posts
i play pokemon crystal the most. i spent 325 hours on that before it new game it self.
Tamakunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tamakunx
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts

god man i spent like 498 hours on pearl @__@. then it started getting old and repetitive, training pokemon for competitive battles.

well game freak repetitively uses the same exact formula for every pokemon game. Your a boy/girl pokemon trainer whos mission is to complete a pokedex and become the pokemon master. Perhaps if gamefreak changes its formula, maybe it will keep on going. Like customizing your character with different looks that can diffentiate your trainer from someone elses trainer. Maybe another suggestion would be for them to ACTUALLY make the plot more deep than their cliche kind of story.

anyways, if game freak keeps doing the same freaking thing all over again in its games, then its franchise will literally be on life support. Just like how other video games franchises are on life support

i hope that they actually release a remake of gold and silver, despite it being a rumor.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#8 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
I want to be able to go back to Kanto and Johto proper. DS cards are supposed to have at least 8x the storage space of even a high-capacity GBA cart. Fr/Lg gave us Kanto, Orange Islands and then some. You mean to tell me you can't be bothered to give us a proper Kanto and Johto too at least? And how about some in-game people that aren't completely stupid? Seriously, there's only so many times I can hear the "I don't know how they did it, but your pokemon had an egg!" bit before I just want to reach in and strangle the old fart senseless. Or smack the living snot out of every trainer with that stupidly vapid and blank facial expression in battle revolution. :evil: Oh yea, and what the hell nintendo... you make a game meant to be aware of our real world, but you can't even add any black people? I know Japan has a xenophobic culture, but seriously what the **** man. And how about reworking the combat system? The whole turn-based thing makes me want to bang my head in. It might not be so bad for me to grind those levels into these damned pokemon if it didn't take a half hour every ****ing battle in the DS game.
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

Haha how about a Pokemon MMORPG with every location included. And a bunch of other stuff. That would be fun right?

Sarcasm.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 codezer0

Haha how about a Pokemon MMORPG with every location included. And a bunch of other stuff. That would be fun right?

Sarcasm.

MLBknights58
ten billion ash ketchums, all from japan. All starting with pikachu. Or the people with like 400 legendaries in a team. Or a team of level 999 when the max is supposed to be 100. yea... uh huh.
eric252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 eric252
Member since 2008 • 594 Posts
I've always wanted it to be like the way it was in the show. I mean come on. How interesting would the show look if it was like the games. I think they should at least try to improve on the battles, but it would be hard such as having multiple pokemon with you, and defeating the other trainers. I would still like to see an attempt at trying to improve the battle system.
Avatar image for Die-Hard-Hippie
Die-Hard-Hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Die-Hard-Hippie
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I honestly think that one of the most disappointing things about the series lately was Battle Revolution, because they had a great streak going withColosseumand XD, then they decided, "Oh, I dunno, the Story Mode was such a huge success in the past two console games, why don't we just get rid of it? Just for the heck of it?" I think one of the very best revivals the series could use is another compelling, rich, unique, and above all, long and interesting.Something that isn't boring you with repetitive game styles. We need another game with the Story Mode success of C/XD
Turbo_Burdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Turbo_Burdo
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
I agree that it's popularity probably peaked around 00-04 but I don't think it's failing. And a lot of aspects of pokemon appeal to an older audience anyway. I do think they need to recycle some old games before jumping into new ones.
Turbo_Burdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Turbo_Burdo

I want to be able to go back to Kanto and Johto proper. DS cards are supposed to have at least 8x the storage space of even a high-capacity GBA cart. Fr/Lg gave us Kanto, Orange Islands and then some. You mean to tell me you can't be bothered to give us a proper Kanto and Johto too at least? And how about some in-game people that aren't completely stupid? Seriously, there's only so many times I can hear the "I don't know how they did it, but your pokemon had an egg!" bit before I just want to reach in and strangle the old fart senseless. Or smack the living snot out of every trainer with that stupidly vapid and blank facial expression in battle revolution. :evil: Oh yea, and what the hell nintendo... you make a game meant to be aware of our real world, but you can't even add any black people? I know Japan has a xenophobic culture, but seriously what the **** man. And how about reworking the combat system? The whole turn-based thing makes me want to bang my head in. It might not be so bad for me to grind those levels into these damned pokemon if it didn't take a half hour every ****ing battle in the DS game.codezer0

Brock....

Timotei123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Timotei123
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

Reworking the combat system would completely change a game we know and love... taking that risk could be... ya know... risky, cos if people DON'T like the new system it's 12 or summat years gone down the toilet...

Also... yeah Brock lol you beat me to it :)

drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#16 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts
I always thought Brock was just tanned...
LiquidClear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LiquidClear
Member since 2008 • 356 Posts

I'm not sure exactly how they would go about doing this, but I'd like to see a little bit more open-ended of an adventure in the game, something that might make you want to play through the entire game again. And also, the plots are consistently weak; let's gather pokémon for Professor "insertname" in our Pokédex, battle and defeat Team "insertname" then go on to become the Pokémon league champion! And if you are going to re-use the exact same story, at least make the NPCs a little bit more interesting than they are or something.

Now, I understand that making it a more "mature" game would probably ruin some of the chemistry and turn off a certain portion of the audience. That said, some of the overly childish things are bugging me. Example? In LeafGreen/FireRed they changed the "Gamblers" to "Gamers"... was that really necessary? The guy comes up to me and says "I'm a rambling, gaming dude!". That's just kind of weak :|

That being said, I'll probably buy the next pokémon game and enjoy it too :P

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts
Actually an mmorpg could be interesting, pokemon mystery dungeon could be the base for a mmorpg, if they just do some changes and then zap! you have a mmorpg
meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

I imagine a guy with a bidoof killing everyone, hahaha, and them people say "omg, i was owned by a bidoof, i will stop playing this ****"

Like, they could remove the legendaries just for the sake of the "omg, i love legends, cause i like uber pokemon and have no imagination to train a sentret"

yea, it would be funny.

red192837465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 red192837465
Member since 2008 • 164 Posts

To be honest, I dont want pokemon to continue to add, I want them to recycle. Or at least, add the stuff that was left out. I would like this to happen.

Adding Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, Hoenn, Orange Islands, Battle Fronteir, and all elite four's for each land. That way, all pokemon, gym leaders, elite fours, and all options will be open to those of us who thought crystal, gold, and silver were amazing because it incorperated everything AND added to the series.

~kima

Kimachan

That is a good idea but then they would have nothing left. A remake of Silver with like the Hoenn instead of the Kanto would be awesome. Any game with 16 badges or with the Orange League would be sweet. I don't think Pokemon will die for a while.

m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

~kima

Kimachan

I think I would faint from happiness if I heard that was really happening.

omishboy4831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 omishboy4831
Member since 2008 • 180 Posts

I can imagine in 10+(or less) years only 10000 pokemon to collect and 50 badges.

In actuallity the whole MMORPG would actually be fun except rather than having you run around as pokemon just have the regular trainer.

It might actually be fun.

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts
[QUOTE="Kimachan"]

~kima

m1k3m

I think I would faint from happiness if I heard that was really happening.

gold/silver is prolly the closest thing from this

after playing gold/silver I thought pokemon games had a good future ahead of them........ boy was I wrong:(

Elduque21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Elduque21
Member since 2006 • 985 Posts

I think the last pokemon game I bought was for the Advance. I cannot remember well though.

The thing with me is that I am completely sick of turn base RPGS. I liked final fantasy VII, and I'll get III and IV remakes for DS, but that is about it. I really can't stand pokemon because for me I keep pressing A until all my abiility points run out. I feel bored.

If they reduced the pokemon amount back to 150, implemented it as an action RPG I would buy it. It wouldn't even have to be 3d, just let me freely move my pokemon around. I am sick of "you go, I go" and feeling totally bored.

I think if they switched it to that format, not only would it keep the young teens base but people of the older ages would buy it for the awesome action that would happen.

just my 2 cents.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Nope it will not end and replace pokemon ranger with mystery dungeon and were good to go. Pokemon Ranger was probably the best spin off since Pokemon Snap.
Discyple321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Discyple321
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I agree with what was stated about pokemon gold/silver. When I first played gold after beating red/blue numerous times, it was like a total big breathe of fresh air. I loved what they did in gold/silver. My favorite of the series.

I don't know what they can do keep their fans from leaving them. Gamefreak may find it too much of a risk to do something totally new with the pokemon series. I'll still probally end up buying the next pokemon game, but I admit the whole formula they have for the game is getting fairly stale; collect pokemon, save pokemon from teamwhatyerface, and beat the league. Not to mention the character interaction, outside of you and your pokemon, is very limited. Honestly, the next logical step really seems to be an MMORPG. I mean, they introduced GTS and online battling through wi-fi in Diamond/Pearl. Why not go totally online?

Instead of making the next Mystery Dungeon, or Pokemon Ranger, they should invest in an MMO. They don't have to market it to be the next big pokemon game, they can still come out with another DS pokemon game for those who aren't interested in an MMO. They just need to try something totally new that can still apeal to alot of folks and keep us playing for hours on end.

I think with a big vision and man power, gamefreak can make a very sucsessful MMORPG if done well. Maybe rework the battle sytem to fit the open world. Have certain and well balanced timers on your pokemon's abilities, and instead of 4 moves have 6, Like 4 different attack moves, and two defensive moves(heals,dodges,maybe power boosts). Imagine, our Garchomp follows you around as you both explore the world fighting other trainers like yourself, some NPC's, should they accept. The world should be massive too, much like the show is has portrayed it. And your only means of travelling is by foot to give you the epic feeling of adventure. They could add other means of transportation too but, limit that to certain areas, like a cycling road or a boat ride to Orange Islands. Limiting the player to walking will make them think twice before leaving town to go for their next badge, and you might not know where the next poke-center is.. But this is all ideas on how I would make it into an MMORPG =p

Bottom line is, I really hope Pokemon DOES NOT die out, I've loved the game ever since it first came out. A part of me would die if there were no more new pokemon and adventures, and i'm sure alot of people share the same feeling as I.

jriddle89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 jriddle89
Member since 2004 • 1209 Posts

You know, I haven't gotten the Pokemon DS game yet just because I feel like there isn't anything new about it to play it.

The pokemon games need to evolve (heh sorry for the pun) because other than Wifi and new pokemon, it doesn't seem to be much more than that...They need to put a good story, not the same one they have put in every pokemon game...a great story that makes you care about the main character and maybe other characters too.... Why can't they make it like the tv series, where you travel with other people, maybe they could change it up by going to a new area and you get a new posse or something. Add depth to the story...

Also the gameplay didn't look like it changed much...same old stuff....

Just my opinion...I really wanted pokemon for the DS, one of the reasons i bought one, but after looking at reviews, i am not sold yet...

Turbo_Burdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Turbo_Burdo

I agree with what was stated about pokemon gold/silver. When I first played gold after beating red/blue numerous times, it was like a total big breathe of fresh air. I loved what they did in gold/silver. My favorite of the series.

I don't know what they can do keep their fans from leaving them. Gamefreak may find it too much of a risk to do something totally new with the pokemon series. I'll still probally end up buying the next pokemon game, but I admit the whole formula they have for the game is getting fairly stale; collect pokemon, save pokemon from teamwhatyerface, and beat the league. Not to mention the character interaction, outside of you and your pokemon, is very limited. Honestly, the next logical step really seems to be an MMORPG. I mean, they introduced GTS and online battling through wi-fi in Diamond/Pearl. Why not go totally online?

Instead of making the next Mystery Dungeon, or Pokemon Ranger, they should invest in an MMO. They don't have to market it to be the next big pokemon game, they can still come out with another DS pokemon game for those who aren't interested in an MMO. They just need to try something totally new that can still apeal to alot of folks and keep us playing for hours on end.

I think with a big vision and man power, gamefreak can make a very sucsessful MMORPG if done well. Maybe rework the battle sytem to fit the open world. Have certain and well balanced timers on your pokemon's abilities, and instead of 4 moves have 6, Like 4 different attack moves, and two defensive moves(heals,dodges,maybe power boosts). Imagine, our Garchomp follows you around as you both explore the world fighting other trainers like yourself, some NPC's, should they accept. The world should be massive too, much like the show is has portrayed it. And your only means of travelling is by foot to give you the epic feeling of adventure. They could add other means of transportation too but, limit that to certain areas, like a cycling road or a boat ride to Orange Islands. Limiting the player to walking will make them think twice before leaving town to go for their next badge, and you might not know where the next poke-center is.. But this is all ideas on how I would make it into an MMORPG =p

Bottom line is, I really hope Pokemon DOES NOT die out, I've loved the game ever since it first came out. A part of me would die if there were no more new pokemon and adventures, and i'm sure alot of people share the same feeling as I.

Discyple321

Yeah I agree. I think bringing out a fourth generation of absolute junk pokemon was a mistake. I can't stop reminiscing about those days with pokemon blue and gold. A good game really needs to be released to revive the faith a lot of people have in Pokemon. I would hate for the franchise to die out. :cry:

Timotei123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Timotei123
I can't agree that the 4th generation was junk, in honesty, visually they are more like Pokemon than say... a Rayquaza which looks slightly like a mythical creature from a completely different game making a cameo. Also they have introduced new and more complex ways of evolving to give a little bit of change as to what we do, for example having to travel to a specific area, or a Pokemon knowing a certain move. I'm not saying 4th Generation is perfect... as there are flaws such as making it possible to catch babies in the wild, and adding way to many evolutions or pre evolutions to a Pokemon that doesn't really need it (for example Magnezone). But I am saying that Gamefreek are obviously taking peoples suggestions on board and trying to make things a little different to keep people happy without destroying the franchise. Also... the Underground is an awesome add on lol :)
LosiefShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LosiefShadow
Member since 2007 • 152 Posts

The first generation was amazing and then with silver and gold. All which are amazing.. and then i still remember how we can fight with 'ash' from the first gen in gold after u complete it and that was really interesting.

I dont know about the future of pokemon. I like the improvement and such but its getting ...distant from me (or maybe im just getting old :|). I suppose its hard to make it appeal for all the players from the 1st gen to newcomers..

Timotei123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Timotei123
I agree... it all comes down to the player really... if someone likes a good story and not turn based battling... then no... this isn't your thing but if you like collecting, battling and levelling up things... HEY it's the game for you :P hehe (I'd be WELL good at selling stuff... ... OK maybe not :S lol :P)
phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 phatkav
Member since 2005 • 1357 Posts

Pokemon has the same fate as the main Mario games. So if Nintendo stopped making real MArio games (like SMG) then it would make sense to stop making Pokemon games.

Reason for this conclusion is that Pokemon D/P has about 5 million units sold in Europe + NA while SMG has about 4.1 million. So in terms of sales, the future of Pokemon is the same as the future of MArio.

bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts
i think that mario kart ds was the number one seller
lord_planty45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lord_planty45
Member since 2007 • 159 Posts

maybe they should just make a whole new reign but maybe not add any new pokemon. just reuse old pokemon from all the pokemon games. i mean not all the pokemon but just pick some out from each game. and for the 3 starter pokemon they should make 9 starters. 3 grass 3 fire 3 water or 4 i cant remember how many regions they made. i think like one of the ppl said here instead of 8 maybe 16 just to make the game longer. the gym leaders can be new i dont think it matters and also someone else sad maybe customize your character. lol i cant remember peoples names.

oh they should also bring all the evees to the game lol i would be an evee pokemon trainer. lol um im trying to think of more ideas i write more later:P

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts

As long as Mario, Zelda, Metriod, F-Zero, Star Fox, and Pikmin last.

BurnoutAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BurnoutAddict
Member since 2006 • 1373 Posts
Since a Gold/Silver remake in inevitable, I want two things out of future games; actual side quests (like the crap from the shows), and battle system that is 3D (like Colosseum).
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 codezer0
I too would like to see a more action-RPG Pokemon game. Also, there is no reason for an average battle in a gen4 pokemon game to take 10+ minutes (with battle animations off) when the same battle in a Gen3 (or earlier) pokemon game takes 5 minutes with battle animations on. Gen4 Pokemon games feel so brain-drainingly slowwwwww compared to the prior generation. It drives me nuts, and coupled with the tired turn-based stuff makes it even more boring. :cry:
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts
[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

Sarcasm.

codezer0

ten billion ash ketchums, all from japan. All starting with pikachu. Or the people with like 400 legendaries in a team. Or a team of level 999 when the max is supposed to be 100. yea... uh huh.

Pretty sure if you made a comment like that you dont know what sarcasm is.

pikachu550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pikachu550
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
to be honest pokemon games are soooooooooo popular they will die out when they run out of fricken names to call it lmao!:)
ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ECG_24
Member since 2008 • 1653 Posts
As a long time Pokemon fan I think they need to change to keep their original fanbase. But they don't even need us anymore, they could still continue to do the same thing over and over because there will always be children to buy the games. I would guess that a large portion of sales were attributed to kids born in this century. Pearl was the first Pokemon game I haven't completed. Everything's getting old. People talk about how fun it is to start a new game, but i've grown tired of it. I know i'm just playing the same game over and over again and while some people may be fine with that, i'd like to see the series grow just like it's long time fans have.
kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kaycon11
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts
I agree that it's popularity probably peaked around 00-04 but I don't think it's failing. And a lot of aspects of pokemon appeal to an older audience anyway. I do think they need to recycle some old games before jumping into new ones. Turbo_Burdo
Its popularity peaked towards the end of 1999, and its pretty much died out around 2001, for those 2 years, it was crazy, Pokemon was everywhere. Now, you only see it if you got cartoon network on, or you are playing the game.
Omega_Zero69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Omega_Zero69
Member since 2006 • 13668 Posts
if they make a remake of gold/silver for ds in cool graphics i would go out and buy a ds and this game im serious all this new pokemon's are dumb
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

~kima

Kimachan
If you added all that, there would be a limit where after a while, your pokemon will reach lvl 100, and you can't go further. That wouldn't be practical.
meinink2y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 meinink2y
Member since 2007 • 657 Posts

I think they just need to take a new approach, not even necessarily with the battle system itself, but maybe give the trainer character more personality and things to do.

Also, if they bring a proper Pokemon game to the Wii, I think it would be cool to actually directly control your Pokemon during a battle. It would take a lot of time to make I imagine (programming the various moves of all the Pokemon), but it would be awesome.

jiggerman475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jiggerman475
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

i agree with the basic premise of every1's argument but do u guys think that gold and silver should be the final one with all the areas of the previous game but ii do think that there should be a new elite 4 as the sinnoh 1 was 2 easy cos i am really into traing a team

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Chances are,the future of Pokemon games will be the same as the present; just re-releasing another glorified version of the same game over and over.And that is why Nintendo won't be getting anymore of my money when it comes to Pokemon.
chinygurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 chinygurl
Member since 2008 • 623 Posts
Just a thought, but what if they made the game free to move your pokemon. It would be better and exciting than just pressing A the whole time. Also for double battles they can do like TWEWY type of thing, and you can switch which pokemon battles with which pokemon. Also in single battles you can control your pokemon with the arrows while you attack with the XYBA bottoms. It's just a thought, just to make it more exciting and fun. :D
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
No way. Pokemon has always been the biggest seller out of all nintendo games, and i see no reason why this will change. There will always be a huge audience of little kids who haven't played the other games and so can't complain of new ones being the same. However, i'm not saying Pokemon couldn't benefit from a breath of life, as Pokemon could be much better then it is.
FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts
Personally I'd like them to knock out the story all together, use that memory to just expand the training and the fighting. Maybe add in all the previous lands and make it where you can pick your starting region so you can catch and train the specific Pokemon of that area, fight those gym leaders and whenever you feel like it just take a boat or fly perhaps to another region. I'm just starting to get bored with the series and don't know if I can sit through another recyled game. But hey, I'm only one person and it seems people will buy these games even if they keep it completely the same.
ramboturd72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 ramboturd72
Member since 2008 • 3514 Posts
I think its time pokemon ended. Every game is just a rehash of the old formula with new pokemon and tiny tweaks and additions. But they all feel too much the same. I really think its time to call it quits because i know that im sick of the same game over and over again.