The first dev to give a fully packed FPS on Wii will sell like crazy.

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 sonic_rusher
Member since 2007 • 2185 Posts
Now games like MP3 and MoH2 come damn close, but mp3 LACKS A MULTIPLAYER and MoH lacks local play and a sufficent campaign not to mention voice chat.
So the game that hits every point is gonna be crazy. My question is why have devs ignored it for sooooo long.
Zero_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Zero_Space
Member since 2007 • 659 Posts
Don't know, but I think FPS would be a natural fit with the wii mote and aiming and stuff.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
I'm positive there will be one. Perhaps Giest 2 could be it.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Devs didn't ignore it they were just afraid to take the chance.

Now that Nintendo has released Metroid you'll see other devs make them too.

JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
If Medal of Honor Heroes 2 is advertised properly and they get word of the 32-player online out, then that game will sell like crazy. I think that game will be the FPS to break through for the Wii.
han_186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 han_186
Member since 2006 • 948 Posts
metroid does not need multiplayer like crappy hunters
monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

metroid does not need multiplayer like crappy huntershan_186

hey hunters multiplayer was pretty class
single player was rubbish, but it wasn't trying for it

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts
I'm hoping for a new Timesplitters.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
i would love to see half life 2 + expansions reeased. And yes wii is capable of pulling of HL2. even on PC you can scale back the graphics to look like a dreamcast game lol. but i would bet that the wii could do near full graphical switch just at the SDtv res. even doom3 would rock.
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sonic_rusher

[QUOTE="han_186"]metroid does not need multiplayer like crappy huntersmonty_4256

hey hunters multiplayer was pretty class
single player was rubbish, but it wasn't trying for it

Whether or not diehard fans want a multiplayer for MP3 it still negated it from being the wii ideal shooter.

Maybe retro can make an original sci-fi FPS series that blows us away.

Just letting you know MP3 was awsome in its own way and i understand why they did not put in multiplayer im just using it because it is an example.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
personally im tired of fps.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

A game can have all the multiplayer options in the world. That's great. I may just give it a shot one day. But I don't usually buy an FPS unless it has a great single player experience. Campaign mode is paramount to a good FPS IMO.

I like the idea of Retro doing an original shooter though. I'd definitely buy an original modern or sci-fi shooter for the Wii...but please oh please not another WWII shooter.

Jonthin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jonthin
Member since 2007 • 179 Posts
yeh the Wii does have to have a good FPS, although there is alot of good non FPS games out or coming out for the wii, fps does suit the wii well with the wii mote. They will get one soon. Maybe, call of duty 4 ( obviously not as good of graphix as 360 though). I like the call of duty franchise better than MOH so i was disapointed with COD for wii but if the new MOH has online multiplayer, even with max of 16 players. It will probly be the FPS we have all been wanting.
JiMMay4ShiZZay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JiMMay4ShiZZay
Member since 2004 • 318 Posts

same with the DS, metroid prime hunters proved the control scheme works, now where are the FPS's, now on the wii, metroid prime 3 (and some help from resident evil 4, and possibly godfather blackhand IMO) the wii controls are the best for an FPS yet, where are the FPS's???

wii60_lukatoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wii60_lukatoll
Member since 2007 • 1076 Posts
yea but i don't want just another WWII game i want a new franchise like microsoft did with gears and halo... or maybe a modern warfare game
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
Yes, I too want a new game that is similar to another game I already own.
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sonic_rusher

A game can have all the multiplayer options in the world. That's great. I may just give it a shot one day. But I don't usually buy an FPS unless it has a great single player experience. Campaign mode is paramount to a good FPS IMO.

I like the idea of Retro doing an original shooter though. I'd definitely buy an original modern or sci-fi shooter for the Wii...but please oh please not another WWII shooter.

whoozwah

I did adress that in the original post.

digiram79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 digiram79
Member since 2007 • 251 Posts
Orange box on Wii would be sweet. I think the HL2 engine would run fine on the Wii. I think CS would actually work on the Wii. It's a game that requires accuracy and quick reflexes. Wiimote control allows that.
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sonic_rusher

[QUOTE="toadster101"]I'm hoping for a new Timesplitters.persiussa

Some guys at the IGN forum started this petition to support free radical because they've expressed interest in making timesplitters 4 for Wii. I know most people say petitions don't work and they're not interested in signing one, but this isn't a petition to ask for something out of the blue. This is more a way of saying thank you to free radical for considering timesplitters on Wii and showing them that we support thier decision. If anyone would like to, can you sign this? Thanks.

http://www.petitiononline.com/splitter/petition.html

People sign this petition. I did and if it helps us get more games then you should too.

Avatar image for TimeToPartyHard
TimeToPartyHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TimeToPartyHard
Member since 2004 • 1963 Posts
Because it would take a lot of time to really sit down and do, and most FPS games are made for quick bucks, and the ones that do get a lot of time put into them are put out on more powerful consoles for their pretty factor.
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sonic_rusher

Because it would take a lot of time to really sit down and do, and most FPS games are made for quick bucks, and the ones that do get a lot of time put into them are put out on more powerful consoles for their pretty factor.TimeToPartyHard

Thats because on other systems there is too much competition to risk a big project unless its agame everyone will buy no matter what, AKA halo. But Wii does not have that big a FPS library, hell Nintendo does not have a good library of FPS.

So it would be ovbvious to make a FPS with all the nuts and bolts. Besides that cant the devs grow some nuts and take a chance once in their life. Also MoH2 was really close to being that game but its like they were about to climb the ihighest mountain then they just gave up and stopped right there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
IMO, it can't be "that game" for me personally if it's a WWII shooter.
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sonic_rusher

IMO, it can't be "that game" for me personally if it's a WWII shooter. whoozwah

You have a point, but CoD3 on 360 sure puts that statement to the test.

I really want a scifi shooter on Wii. They could make a gun that forshadows the wiimote. Also I hope they finally make a FPS on Wii that has a good melee gesture.

Death_Razor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Death_Razor
Member since 2006 • 388 Posts

I could see Valve trying to port CS to the wii.

That would be awesome for online play.

Nintendoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nintendoes
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

yeh the Wii does have to have a good FPS, although there is alot of good non FPS games out or coming out for the wii, fps does suit the wii well with the wii mote. They will get one soon. Maybe, call of duty 4 ( obviously not as good of graphix as 360 though). I like the call of duty franchise better than MOH so i was disapointed with COD for wii but if the new MOH has online multiplayer, even with max of 16 players. It will probly be the FPS we have all been wanting.Jonthin

It has a max of 32 players.

Nintendoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nintendoes
[QUOTE="persiussa"]

[QUOTE="toadster101"]I'm hoping for a new Timesplitters.sonic_rusher

Some guys at the IGN forum started this petition to support free radical because they've expressed interest in making timesplitters 4 for Wii. I know most people say petitions don't work and they're not interested in signing one, but this isn't a petition to ask for something out of the blue. This is more a way of saying thank you to free radical for considering timesplitters on Wii and showing them that we support thier decision. If anyone would like to, can you sign this? Thanks.

People sign this petition. I did and if it helps us get more games then you should too.

Petitions aren't allowed on this board.

Havik951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Havik951
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
possibly...we just need a developer to take the time and make a good one
DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

I agree. How can anyone go back to dual analogs after playing with Metroid Prime 3's superb FPS controls?

I just hope Nintendo or some 3rd party company comes out with such a game before Sony and Microsoft copy the Wiimote.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5c35826ea3913

[QUOTE="whoozwah"]IMO, it can't be "that game" for me personally if it's a WWII shooter. sonic_rusher

You have a point, but CoD3 on 360 sure puts that statement to the test.

I really want a scifi shooter on Wii. They could make a gun that forshadows the wiimote. Also I hope they finally make a FPS on Wii that has a good melee gesture.

Wii shooter with a melee attack...can't argue with that!

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sonic_rusher
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="persiussa"]

[QUOTE="toadster101"]I'm hoping for a new Timesplitters.Nintendoes

for some reason you seem to reply to every thing i say.....

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

It doesn't need to be like hunters online, they could have completely changed the entire way it plays for the Wii.

Poopinhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Poopinhammer
Member since 2003 • 95 Posts

Halo for the Wii!!

Can't you see it? everyone with a Wii kicking the crap out of those dual analog people... it would be amazing. then i can finally 100% justify never buying a 360

7arek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 7arek
Member since 2007 • 725 Posts

I'm positive there will be one. Perhaps Giest 2 could be it.nintendofreak_2

That'd be cool. I never played the game but heard it was innovative (but had its flaws), would bwe a cool game to ressurect, especially if retro was to handle it.

weazur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 weazur
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts

Anyone mention RS2's upcoming preview from ONM next week?

That's what I'm looking forward to

O! and MOH will blow w/o a headset
Seriously, can't 3rd parties make headset for the wii? It'd sell like crazy

Nintendoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Nintendoes
[QUOTE="Nintendoes"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="persiussa"]

For one thing, I don't reply to everything you say. Second of all, I told you my reason. The reason is that posting petitions on this board isunallowed and advertising or advocating them, (like you were), will resultin people being banned or suspended on sight.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sonic_rusher
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="Nintendoes"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="persiussa"]

For one thing, I don't reply to everything you say. Second of all, I told you my reason. The reason is that posting petitions on this board isunallowed and advertising or advocating them, (like you were), will resultin people being banned or suspended on sight.

Well sorry i did not know, but you still respond to abunch of things i say in multiple threads.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
Well, we all know the Wii is capable of pulling off FPS after Metroid Prime 3. I'm going to enjoy Medal of Honor Heros 2 online with Wii-mote power. Hopefully developers will jump at the chance of making FPS's for the Wii after Metroid Prime 3 and Medal of Honor Heros 2, they could learn something from these.
Nintendoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nintendoes
[QUOTE="Nintendoes"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="Nintendoes"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="persiussa"]

Well sorry i did not know, but you still respond to abunch of things i say in multiple threads.

In which I did wrong how?

Ponmop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 Ponmop
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts
Depending on if they make it and how long it will take, I have huge expectations for Timesplitters 4, like others have said. I honestly had more fun playing Timesplitters 2 last gen than any other fps, including Halo.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
Yeah, MP3 is no system seller either.
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sonic_rusher
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="Nintendoes"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="Nintendoes"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="persiussa"]

Because you have been argueing with me every thread I go to and now you are doing it again lol.

Nintendoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nintendoes
[QUOTE="Nintendoes"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="Nintendoes"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="Nintendoes"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="persiussa"]

Because you have been argueing with me every thread I go to and now you are doing it again lol.

I don't see how I'm arguing with you. Your criticized me for responding to your posts and I'm asking you how exactly is what I am doing wrong.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sonic_rusher
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="Nintendoes"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="Nintendoes"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="Nintendoes"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="persiussa"]

I don't see how I'm arguing with you. Your criticized me for responding to your posts and I'm asking you how exactly is what I am doing wrong.

Your not doing anything wrong but you have quoted every thread i have visited for a while now and most of the time started an arguement some good arguements others were ummmmmm ya you know. anyway i think you know more than the average guy on here about video games specifically Wii, I was just pointing out that every thread ive frequented has you quoting me.

ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts

Now games like MP3 and MoH2 come damn close, but mp3 LACKS A MULTIPLAYER and MoH lacks local play and a sufficent campaign not to mention voice chat.
So the game that hits every point is gonna be crazy. My question is why have devs ignored it for sooooo long.sonic_rusher

if you're saying this because of Halo 3, then No. Halo 3 is doing well because its Halo, not because its Good, (Not saying it isnt)

Nothing will ever compare to the Franchise Showstopper that is Halo. Quit daydreaming.

Im not saying this because I think Halo is such a great game, im saying this because Halo has become one of the biggest franchises in years.

catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

Your not doing anything wrong but you have quoted every thread i have visited for a while now and most of the time started an arguement some good arguements others were ummmmmm ya you know. anyway i think you know more than the average guy on here about video games specifically Wii, I was just pointing out that every thread ive frequented has you quoting me.sonic_rusher

Please trim your quotes down guys.

if you're saying this because of Halo 3, then No. Halo 3 is doing well because its Halo, not because its Good, (Not saying it isnt)

Nothing will ever compare to the Franchise Showstopper that is Halo. Quit daydreaming.

Im not saying this because I think Halo is such a great game, im saying this because Halo has become one of the biggest franchises in years.

ryustruck

Yeah, from a technical stand point, Halo 3 isn't the best first-person shooter ever made. It may be the funnest to play, but not the best. I'm not saying it's controls suck since we all know the controls are great, but there are FPS's with better control, graphics, etc...

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sonic_rusher

[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]Now games like MP3 and MoH2 come damn close, but mp3 LACKS A MULTIPLAYER and MoH lacks local play and a sufficent campaign not to mention voice chat.
So the game that hits every point is gonna be crazy. My question is why have devs ignored it for sooooo long.ryustruck

No Im not. I already said that Halo is a trend and will do good no matter what.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sonic_rusher

[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

Your not doing anything wrong but you have quoted every thread i have visited for a while now and most of the time started an arguement some good arguements others were ummmmmm ya you know. anyway i think you know more than the average guy on here about video games specifically Wii, I was just pointing out that every thread ive frequented has you quoting me.catfishmoon23

Please trim your quotes down guys.

ryustruck

Yeah, from a technical stand point, Halo 3 isn't the best first-person shooter ever made. It may be the funnest to play, but not the best. I'm not saying it's controls suck since we all know the controls are great, but there are FPS's with better control, graphics, etc...

LOL I dont believe a see a mod icon on your name. JK your we do need to trim them down.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Halo 3 isn't the best first-person shooter ever made. It may be the funnest to play, but not the best. I'm not saying it's controls suck since we all know the controls are great, but there are FPS's with better control, graphics, etc...

catfishmoon23

I totally disagree that Halo 3's controls are great. Aiming with the thumb on a stick just doesn't work nearly as well as a mouse. KBaM is the king of shooter control setups and the Wiimote/nunchuck is it's right hand man. At least I think so. Feel free to disagree.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
[QUOTE="catfishmoon23"]

Halo 3 isn't the best first-person shooter ever made. It may be the funnest to play, but not the best. I'm not saying it's controls suck since we all know the controls are great, but there are FPS's with better control, graphics, etc...

whoozwah

I totally disagree that Halo 3's controls are great. Aiming with the thumb on a stick just doesn't work nearly as well as a mouse. KBaM is the king of shooter control setups and the Wiimote/nunchuck is it's right hand man. At least I think so. Feel free to disagree.

I know I agree. After playing Metroid it puts Halo's control scheme to shame. MoH is supposedly better too, I can't wait to try that.