The Fire Emblem: Awakening relationship thread.

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
I'm interested to find out who you guys are pairing together. My first S rank relationship is Stahl and Sully. They're married and they'll live happily ever after if I have anything to say about it. I'm working on pairing Lissa and my avatar. Marrying into royalty seems like an excellent idea. [spoiler] Chrom married Sumia. It was a cutscene, so it jumped from a C rank straight to S, but the artwork left his wife blurry, so I'm suspicious as to whether or not Sumia as wife was predetermined, or if it just took the female character he had the highest support level with and forced it for the story... [/spoiler] If you've finished chapter 11, check the spoiler tag and let me know if it turned out the same for you.
Khan933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Khan933
Member since 2010 • 377 Posts

I paired my avatar with lucina, and I also got the forced cutscene at the end of chapter 11, I was paired with Sully since Sumia was dead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
I'm pretty sure it picks the one with the highest support if Chrom isn't married by chapter 11. I had him paired with Sumia long before that however. Other pairs, so far: Avatar and Miriel Vaike and Panne Stahl and Sully Gaius and Cordelia Kellam and Lissa Updates: Libra and Tharja Ricken and Nowi
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#4 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

I'm pretty sure it picks the one with the highest support if Chrom isn't married by chapter 11. I had him paired with Sumia long before that however. Other pairs, so far: Avatar and Miriel Vaike and Panne Stahl and Sully Gaius and Cordelia Kellam and Lissadarkspineslayer
That's the only pairing I was planning to make so far, I just finished chapter 6 (and the first DLC and two side missions). In the rest of the Fire Emblem series (not since 7, but since 1) I have never had any luck with Pegasus Knights, they have always been terrible, mediocre, or average but Sumia is slaughtering everything, she could very well be my best unit. After seeing them massacre entire groups of enemies together I don't think I can bring myself to separate them.

I have Vaike and Sully at an A as well as an A for Maribelle and Ricken, that's it so far

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"] Other pairs, so far: Avatar and Miriel Vaike and Panne

Wow. I disliked Miriel so much I'm going without a mage rather than use her. Vaike/Panne must make for some really interesting exchanges. [QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]I'm pretty sure it picks the one with the highest support if Chrom isn't married by chapter 11. I had him paired with Sumia long before that however. Other pairs, so far: Avatar and Miriel Vaike and Panne Stahl and Sully Gaius and Cordelia Kellam and Lissa

That's the only pairing I was planning to make so far, I just finished chapter 6 (and the first DLC and two side missions). In the rest of the Fire Emblem series (not since 7, but since 1) I have never had any luck with Pegasus Knights, they have always been terrible, mediocre, or average but Sumia is slaughtering everything, she could very well be my best unit. After seeing that massacre entire groups of enemies together I don't think I can bring myself to separate them. I have Vaike and Sully at an A as well as an A for Maribelle and Ricken, that's it so far

Vanessa and Syrene were my two strongest mounts in SS. My plan for the Vaike is to pair him with Anna, but I recently found out they aren't compatible. I'll probable stick him with Cherche.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]I'm pretty sure it picks the one with the highest support if Chrom isn't married by chapter 11. I had him paired with Sumia long before that however. Other pairs, so far: Avatar and Miriel Vaike and Panne Stahl and Sully Gaius and Cordelia Kellam and LissaLegolas_Katarn

That's the only pairing I was planning to make so far, I just finished chapter 6 (and the first DLC and two side missions). In the rest of the Fire Emblem series (not since 7, but since 1) I have never had any luck with Pegasus Knights, they have always been terrible, mediocre, or average but Sumia is slaughtering everything, she could very well be my best unit. After seeing them massacre entire groups of enemies together I don't think I can bring myself to separate them.

I have Vaike and Sully at an A as well as an A for Maribelle and Ricken, that's it so far

I had let her fall behind, but I find Pegasus knights are a lot more useful in this game than just simple transportation. I mean I still use them like that, but they hold their own too. Can you reccomend a place to find the fan translations of the older games? I might visit them some day...
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Legolas_Katarn

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]I'm pretty sure it picks the one with the highest support if Chrom isn't married by chapter 11. I had him paired with Sumia long before that however. Other pairs, so far: Avatar and Miriel Vaike and Panne Stahl and Sully Gaius and Cordelia Kellam and Lissadarkspineslayer

I had let her fall behind, but I find Pegasus knights are a lot more useful in this game than just simple transportation. I mean I still use them like that, but they hold their own too. Can you reccomend a place to find the fan translations of the older games? I might visit them some day...

You can find information about the older games here

http://serenesforest.net

I think they had translations, explanations of how everything in the games works, support conversation scripts, etc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Updated my list with two new couples from this evening. Now if only I could get through the recruitment missions while still levelling characters who need to play catch-up...
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I paired my avatar with Cordelia and Chrom with Sumia.

I did not know that children inherited the 5th skill of the parent.

Not sure if spoiler but:

[spoiler] Morgan turned out to be amazing when I first got her as a lv10 pegasus knight. Started off with both the pegasus knight skills as well as Lethality (from Dad) and Sol (From Mom). Lucina came with almost maxed stats at lv 10 as well.   [/spoiler]

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I have:

Libra and Cherche 

and that's it. :P

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
I'm gonna use spoiler tags just in case. I'm done chapter 6 just now. [spoiler] Chrom & Sumia (my first and only S rank for now) Sully & Virion (almost S rank) Miriel & Vaike (almost S rank) I was going to do Avatar & Lissa, almost S rank now too, but then I saw Marth was a girl [/spoiler] And no matter what happens, Kellam stays single. FOREVER. ALONE.
Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

I hate you all for being able to play this months before I will. I hate you with the heat of a thousand suns!

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 El_Zo1212o

I hate you all for being able to play this months before I will. I hate you with the heat of a thousand suns!

Business_Fun
If we keep talking to you, you'll fall in love with one of us eventually. So far, the strangest pairs I've seen so far are: Sully and Virion, Vaike and Sully, Vaike and Panne. Tharja and Libra is pretty strange, too. Is it weird that the strangest pairings IMO involve wither Vaike or Sully?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
[QUOTE="Business_Fun"]

El_Zo1212o
If we keep talking to you, you'll fall in love with one of us eventually. So far, the strangest pairs I've seen so far are: Sully and Virion, Vaike and Sully, Vaike and Panne. Tharja and Libra is pretty strange, too. Is it weird that the strangest pairings IMO involve wither Vaike or Sully?

Vaike is a pretty weird dude. He went well with Panne though. Those two are a goddamn wall when together now. Honestly though, [spoiler] The way Lissa's child talks, you would think they intended Vaike to be the father [/spoiler]
RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

Married Pairs:

Chrom and Maribelle (obviously)

Avatar and Lissa (I loved the bond between them)

Panne and Lon'qu (Combo Madness)

Vaike and Cordelia (They own the crap out of everything in sight ( My Favorite Pair so far)

fisk_squire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fisk_squire
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts

Married Pairs:

Chrom and Sumia

My Avatar and Lon'qu

Vaike and Lissa

Sully and Gregor

Working on:

Libra and Maribelle

and Gaius and Penne

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Legolas_Katarn

Pairs so far

Crom and Sumia
Nowi and Gregor
Robin and Tharja
Virion and Sully
Lissa and Frederick
Lon'qu and Panne/Maribelle (haven't decided I almost got to A with Maribelle so I guess I'll see the event)
Ricken and Panne/Maribelle (depending on above)
Miriel and Stahl
Cordelia and Kellam

I've decided I don't think Vaike should have kids, ever.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Pairs so far (right before chapter 9 right now) Chrom & Sumia (Sumia is ridiculously good as long as she isn't the one taking the hit) Sully & Virion (mounted archer! the mobility is too good) Vaike & Miriel (The Vaike tanks, Miriel crushes) Lon'qu & Panne (Perfect) Working on: Ricken & Maribelle (they are just so adorable! Sadly, they won't be useful until I have Maribelle promoted as Valkyrie and Ricken is Dark Knight or something) Gaius & Lissa (the cookie pair. also very useless. actually even more so than R&M) I'm not sure who I should pair Cordelia with, so I'm just rolling her with Sumia for now.
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

Miriel and Donnell.  They make a delightfuly odd couple.

But of course they don't complement each other perfectly, stat wise.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
[QUOTE="funsohng"]Pairs so far (right before chapter 9 right now) Chrom & Sumia (Sumia is ridiculously good as long as she isn't the one taking the hit) Sully & Virion (mounted archer! the mobility is too good) Vaike & Miriel (The Vaike tanks, Miriel crushes) Lon'qu & Panne (Perfect) Working on: Ricken & Maribelle (they are just so adorable! Sadly, they won't be useful until I have Maribelle promoted as Valkyrie and Ricken is Dark Knight or something) Gaius & Lissa (the cookie pair. also very useless. actually even more so than R&M) I'm not sure who I should pair Cordelia with, so I'm just rolling her with Sumia for now.

Cordelia lacks in strength. If your looking at stats, pick someone who can give the child that boost.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 El_Zo1212o
So I've got Sumia/Chrom, Stahl/Sully and Avatar/Lissa. There are some things that I'm wondering about, though- (Chapter 16) [spoiler] Avatar/Lissa: Owain and Morgan are siblings, and the C rank conversation has Morgan talking about her similarly vacant memory. Would the conversation be the same regardless of who the sibling she was chatting with was? And is it just coincidence that Owain is a myrmidon(like his father) and Morgan is a cleric(same as her mother was)? Also, I just made my first attempt to recruit Chrom's other daughter(Cynthia?)- if Sumia were not her mother, would she still have a habit of tripping over thin air? [/spoiler] In any case, Sully and Stahl are completely unstoppable- she's a Great Knight(she's been my tank since she first showed up in that stage from the demo) and he's a Paladin. In confined spaces, the two of them alone can hold a bottleneck without breaking a sweat. Avatar and Lissa control two-thirds of the weapon wheel between them, not to mention magical swords and throwing axes to take on ranged opponents, so while neither is too fond of taking a hit, together they hold their own more often than not. I don't know what it is about Chrom, though- I just can't make him into a reliable sword unit. Sumia can dish it out with the best of them, and can take a hit like a man, but without a Fili Shield, she just doesn't have the tank potential of the previous Pegasus knights I've raised.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
PostEl_Zo1212o
[spoiler] Owain is always a Myrmadon to start with, but Morgan takes on the base class of whomever the non-avatar character is (With a few exceptions, in which case Morgan will be a tactician) I think the different pairs of siblings have different conversations, though I can't really confirm. You'll get a rather amusing C rank one between Lucina and her sister. The child themselves is based off the mother. Sumia will always birth that child, and different fathers will pass different traits [/spoiler] Why must these recruitment missions be so difficult? I'm trying to collect the children but where my team will walk through a story mission I'll get a little fight in these paralougs. Not that I'm complaining about challenge but man, it makes you work for these units.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
I paired Avatar with Chrom, Tharja with Lon'qu, and Kellam with Cordelia. not sure who else I'm going to pair. I also got Lucina and Morgan to A rank with eachother as well as with Avatar and Chrom, so the 4 of them are unstoppable together :P
HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

I haven't started yet, but what is a good technique for picking pairs for marriage other then personalities? So how does ones stats compliment anothers? 

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 El_Zo1212o

I haven't started yet, but what is a good technique for picking pairs for marriage other then personalities? So how does ones stats compliment anothers? 

HowlingLotus
I haven't personally noticed any difference in particular stat bonuses from one character to the next, I just get more varied bonuses as the relationships mature. For me, it's more about finding characters whose classes lend themselves to sticking together.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]Postdarkspineslayer
[spoiler] Owain is always a Myrmadon to start with, but Morgan takes on the base class of whomever the non-avatar character is (With a few exceptions, in which case Morgan will be a tactician) I think the different pairs of siblings have different conversations, though I can't really confirm. You'll get a rather amusing C rank one between Lucina and her sister. The child themselves is based off the mother. Sumia will always birth that child, and different fathers will pass different traits [/spoiler] Why must these recruitment missions be so difficult? I'm trying to collect the children but where my team will walk through a story mission I'll get a little fight in these paralougs. Not that I'm complaining about challenge but man, it makes you work for these units.

I finally managed to recruit Cynthia. After, what? Six failed attempts? Seven? I missed the boss by a single turn though:(. (After recruiting Cynthia): [spoiler] Lucina/Cynthia C was a scream! Just too funny! And I've decided Owain/Cynthia is going to be my first future kid marriage. It may be kind of weird since they're cousins(Chrom's daughter and Lissa's son), but hey! Intermarriage for the win! [/spoiler] ^^Don't judge me^^
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Legolas_Katarn

^^Don't judge me^^

Fire Emblem has had a lot of implied incest in the series past so that wouldn't be that weird.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Poor Lon'qu. I'm puting him alone against hoards of level 19 Risen to level him up and build a relationship with Marribelle. Auto battle is great for grinding.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Poor Lon'qu. I'm puting him alone against hoards of level 19 Risen to level him up and build a relationship with Marribelle. Auto battle is great for grinding.

That's always been my SOP for my swordmasters. All of my swordmasters are utterly untouchable. Including my avatar.

^^Don't judge me^^Legolas_Katarn

Fire Emblem has had a lot of implied incest in the series past so that wouldn't be that weird.

Oooh Eirika... *blinkblink* I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
So turns out, Meriel and Avatar can make some damn fine magic users. Morgan is now far and away my strongest member and she's only a level 3 Grandmaster. I need to do some serious grinding to get the rest of my team up to speed, though with a little luck I could probably run through the rest of the game fairly easily.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]So turns out, Meriel and Avatar can make some damn fine magic users. Morgan is now far and away my strongest member and she's only a level 3 Grandmaster. I need to do some serious grinding to get the rest of my team up to speed, though with a little luck I could probably run through the rest of the game fairly easily.

When I made level 20 with my avatar, I had to think hard on turning him into a myrmidon, since magic was his stronger suit. In the end, I bit the bullet and went with the sword class, and then I raised Sumia to a dark flier and she took over mage duties. I haven't done anything with Morgan yet. On another note- Has anyone done anything with Donnel yet? I've got him at level 24 +22, and I'm wondering how much further he has to go as a villager until he maxes out so I can 2nd Seal him up to something more useful.
halfmask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 halfmask
Member since 2010 • 240 Posts

I just finished Chapter 11. My first S rank was Sully/Virion. At this point I've also got Frederick/Lissa (as soon as I finished the S rank conversation I was like, "WAIT GUYS WAIT A FEW YEARS" bahaha) and Lon'qu/Panne. Gaius and Robin would have S rank support too by now if they weren't both guys, I pair them up so much :P

also [spoiler] I got the same as you (Chrom and Sumia getting married)- I wasn't sure if it was a coincidence or predetermined before, because on starting the battle they'd had A rank support and I had them fighting together in the Chapter 11 battle. In any case, it caught me by surprise! [/spoiler]

IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 IAmNot_fun
Member since 2010 • 3336 Posts
So far: Chrom & Sumia Virion & Sully Lon'qu & Panne Vaike & Miriel Ricken & Maribelle Gaius & Lissa Libra & Tharja (my favourite so far) I am trying to pair: Avatar & Cordelia Donnel & Nowi
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Legolas_Katarn

Libra & Tharja (my favourite so far)

I ended up pairing her with Robin but that one was good. A lot of the romance supports aren't that good, it seems more like it is just there to give you more choice and should have ended at the A rank but that is one of the few pairings that seems to be more believable.
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Meinhard1

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]So turns out, Meriel and Avatar can make some damn fine magic users. Morgan is now far and away my strongest member and she's only a level 3 Grandmaster. I need to do some serious grinding to get the rest of my team up to speed, though with a little luck I could probably run through the rest of the game fairly easily.El_Zo1212o
Donnel yet? I've got him at level 24 +22, and I'm wondering how much further he has to go as a villager until he maxes out so I can 2nd Seal him up to something more useful.

I'm going the Mercenary --> Hero route.

Promoting Donnel to a level 1 base class means he'll level up way more quickly. Waiting for him to max out as a villager might not be very efficient.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 El_Zo1212o

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]So turns out, Meriel and Avatar can make some damn fine magic users. Morgan is now far and away my strongest member and she's only a level 3 Grandmaster. I need to do some serious grinding to get the rest of my team up to speed, though with a little luck I could probably run through the rest of the game fairly easily.Meinhard1

Donnel yet? I've got him at level 24 +22, and I'm wondering how much further he has to go as a villager until he maxes out so I can 2nd Seal him up to something more useful.

Promoting Donnel to a level 1 base class means he'll level up way more quickly. Waiting for him to max out as a villager might not be very efficient.

It turns out, he maxed out at level 30. Considering he had 60 hp when he got there, I wanted to turn him into a knight>general, but the only classes he was able to promote to were sword classes- hero, bow knight, a few others. So all his skill in lances went right down the tube. I was considering throwing another second seal on him, but when I checked into it, there was still no lance class available, apart from sending him back to being a villager. As a hero, though, he gets the job done. He's got the highest hp of all my units.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sword-Demon

am I the only one who went with a girl avatar? :?

Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sora278
Member since 2009 • 1496 Posts

Well not pairs yet but working on it:

Me & Sully - Married

Chrom & Sumia - A

Vaike & Lissa - A

Ricken & Panne - A

Tharja & Gaius - C

Cordelia & Stahl

Lon'qu & Maribelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

am I the only one who went with a girl avatar? :?

Sword-Demon
I considered it. I play as a female avatar a lot. Hell, most of my Pokemon games are with the girl character. I figured with the relationship aspect I would save the female avatar for a second playthrough.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 El_Zo1212o
I just S ranked Owain and Cynthia. Owain is my new favorite character- I'm going to make it a point to get all of his support conversations unlocked. Oh, and a question to anyone who's finished the campaign: I don't suppose beating the game unlocks a galley/museum mode to reread support conversations and review cutscenes, etc?
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Meinhard1
[QUOTE="Meinhard1"]

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] Donnel yet? I've got him at level 24 +22, and I'm wondering how much further he has to go as a villager until he maxes out so I can 2nd Seal him up to something more useful.El_Zo1212o

It turns out, he maxed out at level 30. Considering he had 60 hp when he got there, I wanted to turn him into a knight>general, but the only classes he was able to promote to were sword classes- hero, bow knight, a few others. So all his skill in lances went right down the tube. I was considering throwing another second seal on him, but when I checked into it, there was still no lance class available, apart from sending him back to being a villager. As a hero, though, he gets the job done. He's got the highest hp of all my units.

I actually was hoping to make him a general as well. In addition to his lance skill carrying over, his high speed and resistance would balance out the weaknesses associated with the class. I was able to achieve this in Sacred Stones and the results were incredible.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="Meinhard1"] I'm going the Mercenary --> Hero route.

Meinhard1

I actually was hoping to make him a general as well. In addition to his lance skill carrying over, his high speed and resistance would balance out the weaknesses associated with the class. I was able to achieve this in Sacred Stones and the results were incredible.

Good ol' Amelia. What a woman! Ewan was completely unstoppable when you raised him up to a druid. He was the only reason I beat the final boss. What route did you take Donnel down?
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Meinhard1
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="Meinhard1"] [QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] It turns out, he maxed out at level 30. Considering he had 60 hp when he got there, I wanted to turn him into a knight>general, but the only classes he was able to promote to were sword classes- hero, bow knight, a few others. So all his skill in lances went right down the tube. I was considering throwing another second seal on him, but when I checked into it, there was still no lance class available, apart from sending him back to being a villager. As a hero, though, he gets the job done. He's got the highest hp of all my units.

Good ol' Amelia. What a woman! Ewan was completely unstoppable when you raised him up to a druid. He was the only reason I beat the final boss. What route did you take Donnel down?

Ah, yes. You're better with names then me! Amelia ended up being my most powerful character, of any FE game I've played. She is exactly who I had in mind. Ewan was great, too. Donnel is currently a level 5 mercenary with stats in the 20s and 30s. I'll probably make him a hero. This is just my preferred class and it seems to suit him well.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="Meinhard1"][QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="Meinhard1"] I actually was hoping to make him a general as well. In addition to his lance skill carrying over, his high speed and resistance would balance out the weaknesses associated with the class. I was able to achieve this in Sacred Stones and the results were incredible.

Ah, yes. You're better with names then me! Amelia ended up being my most powerful character, of any FE game I've played. She is exactly who I had in mind. Ewan was great, too. Donnel is currently a level 5 mercenary with stats in the 20s and 30s. I'll probably make him a hero. This is just my preferred class and it seems to suit him well.

Sacred Stones was my favorite GBA, FE, and TBS game of all time. I'd better know their names! I'm waiting on pins and needles for the SS team in the bonus box to update with Joshua as a leader so I can recruit him. How did you get starter classes to appear for Donnel? I couldn't use a Master Seal on him, and the 2nd Seal only brought up advanced classes.
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Meinhard1

Sacred Stones was my favorite GBA, FE, and TBS game of all time. I'd better know their names! I'm waiting on pins and needles for the SS team in the bonus box to update with Joshua as a leader so I can recruit him. How did you get starter classes to appear for Donnel? I couldn't use a Master Seal on him, and the 2nd Seal only brought up advanced classes. El_Zo1212o
Joshua? You're bringing back memories!

I'm guessing it's related to what level he was when you first tried to use the seal. I know that you can use a 2nd seal with him starting at 10, and at this point it will promote him to a starter class. I promoted him at 17 and, again, the options were all starter classes.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 El_Zo1212o

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] Sacred Stones was my favorite GBA, FE, and TBS game of all time. I'd better know their names! I'm waiting on pins and needles for the SS team in the bonus box to update with Joshua as a leader so I can recruit him. How did you get starter classes to appear for Donnel? I couldn't use a Master Seal on him, and the 2nd Seal only brought up advanced classes. Meinhard1

Joshua? You're bringing back memories!

I'm guessing it's related to what level he was when you first tried to use the seal. I know that you can use a 2nd seal with him starting at 10, and at this point it will promote him to a starter class. I promoted him at 17 and, again, the options were all starter classes.

Crap. I waited until he was maxed out and only got the advanced classes. I may have shot myself in the foot there... but it is what it is, and he looks hilarious wearing his badass Hero armor and a soup pot helm! I just wish that they had bothered to make at least a couple of special character models for the einherjar heroes. *envisions a 3D Joshua with that b!tchin' little hat*. So awesome... Back on topic: I just recruited Noire. !!!I CAN'T WAIT TO MARRY OFF THE AVATAR OF RETRIBUTION!!!
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 El_Zo1212o
Something else I'm noticing- has anyone noticed that besides the skills children take from their parents, the child's hair color seems to come from the 'opposite' parent? For example- in the roster, Owain is referred to as "Lissa's son," but his hair is green, like my avatar's. Conversely, Morgan's hair is blonde like Lissa's. I've noticed this with several of the children. It changes nothing, of course, but I thought it was a nice touch all the same.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]Something else I'm noticing- has anyone noticed that besides the skills children take from their parents, the child's hair color seems to come from the 'opposite' parent? For example- in the roster, Owain is referred to as "Lissa's son," but his hair is green, like my avatar's. Conversely, Morgan's hair is blonde like Lissa's. I've noticed this with several of the children. It changes nothing, of course, but I thought it was a nice touch all the same.

I've seen all of the children now. The hair of all the children match up in the way you were talking about. I think its a nice touch.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sword-Demon
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] Oh, and a question to anyone who's finished the campaign: I don't suppose beating the game unlocks a galley/museum mode to reread support conversations and review cutscenes, etc?

it certainly does. beating the game unlocks the theater (rewatch cutscenes), the unit gallery (see the units' combat animations, also has the soundtrack), and the support log.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"][QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] Oh, and a question to anyone who's finished the campaign: I don't suppose beating the game unlocks a galley/museum mode to reread support conversations and review cutscenes, etc?

it certainly does. beating the game unlocks the theater (rewatch cutscenes), the unit gallery (see the units' combat animations, also has the soundtrack), and the support log.

Sweet! I knew they couldn't have put all that work into the cutscenes and support conversations just to make them a one-off affair.