System transfer question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DealRogers (4569 posts) -

If I do the system transfer along with copying the data to another SD card (you know, the XL comes with a 4GB one), will I keep my saved files? I have many hours put in my digital copy of A New Beginning...

#2 Posted by darkspineslayer (19817 posts) -
No need to copy anything. Just do the system transfer and swap the old one in. If your moving from a smaller card though, then yeah if you use a PC to wholesale copy the files over to the new card, you'll have your data.
#3 Posted by logicalfrank (1641 posts) -

No need to copy anything. Just do the system transfer and swap the old one in. If your moving from a smaller card though, then yeah if you use a PC to wholesale copy the files over to the new card, you'll have your data.darkspineslayer

I had to rename some folder or something when I transfered mine. I forget which folder but it was just some string of random characters.

#4 Posted by Will47 (6826 posts) -
Hopefully these guys are right. When I transferred all my DSi games (from a DSi) to my 3DS I lost all my saves :/.
#5 Posted by DealRogers (4569 posts) -

So anyone else can confirm if the saved files remain?

#6 Posted by KBFloYd (13846 posts) -

3ds game saves will still remain ..don't worry..but your save files of virtual console games or downloadable games may be gone(anything on the sd card)....mine were..

#7 Posted by charizard1605 (58300 posts) -
A system transfer copies everything: your Friend Code, Friends list, user profile, settings and preferences, Miis, internet settings, eShop data, your games, save files, StreetPass and SpotPass data, your complete Activity Log, everything.