Support for N64 games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marinevetstl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 marinevetstl
Member since 2012 • 175 Posts

It's terrible, look I know we evolve in the gaming industry etc. My mom gave me a tsr 80 in 80 and a Atari in 82. I know how it goes. However, with this Virtual Console digital download now being a big part of console gaming now the support should stay there for that certain console.

For example.......N64 games played with the classic or SNES style controller is horrible and with certain games like Zelda: OOT it is just a catastrophe. I downloaded these onto my WII U from the VC and got really frustrated as the games button mapping was not in line with the controller at all. I put it on my original Wii and can play with the GCN controller just fine. I mean digitally when you own something it is yours so if you can take it with you so to speak as I did with my SD card from Wii to Wii U then at least least the controller support go with it too.

Just an aggravation, I would love to unplug my Wii and have some shelf space but nope I still need it to play 6 games I own that can transfer digitally but won't work correctly.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
I'm trying to understand your issue here. Are you mad at the almost non addition of N64 games to the VC or is the controller what you're upset about?
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

I think he's complaining about the lack of gamecube controller support on the Wii U. I do agree the classic controller isn't the best way to play most N64 games. They really should come out with a Gamecube to Wii U adapter or just update the VC to to work with Wii U controllers. This controller is coming out soonhttp://www.amazon.com/Pro-Controller-Wii-Nintendo-U-6304900/dp/B009D4JW3U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356971004&sr=8-1&keywords=pro+controller+uwhich might be helpful too.

marinevetstl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 marinevetstl
I'm trying to understand your issue here. Are you mad at the almost non addition of N64 games to the VC or is the controller what you're upset about?nini200
I am upset at the controller issue. If Zelda: OOT could be played properly with the SNES or classic controller then there would be no issue. I don't care that there is only 21 n64 virtual console games, it is what it is. But you cannot properly play a game that was designed for n64 to be played on the SNES without the option of changing button mapping. Which virtual console games do not have a button mapping feature. Derek hit my problem on the head.
marinevetstl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marinevetstl

I think he's complaining about the lack of gamecube controller support on the Wii U. I do agree the classic controller isn't the best way to play most N64 games. They really should come out with a Gamecube to Wii U adapter or just update the VC to to work with Wii U controllers. This controller is coming out soonhttp://www.amazon.com/Pro-Controller-Wii-Nintendo-U-6304900/dp/B009D4JW3U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356971004&sr=8-1&keywords=pro+controller+uwhich might be helpful too.

AlmightyDerek
Thanks for the link bud! Most appreciated.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
[QUOTE="nini200"]I'm trying to understand your issue here. Are you mad at the almost non addition of N64 games to the VC or is the controller what you're upset about?marinevetstl
I am upset at the controller issue. If Zelda: OOT could be played properly with the SNES or classic controller then there would be no issue. I don't care that there is only 21 n64 virtual console games, it is what it is. But you cannot properly play a game that was designed for n64 to be played on the SNES without the option of changing button mapping. Which virtual console games do not have a button mapping feature. Derek hit my problem on the head.

Oh ok. I just was trying to figure it out. Hopefully GC controller adapter will be added soon then.