Super Smash Bros Wii U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FuccBoii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 FuccBoii
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

How is this new super smash bros game really going to be any different from its predecessor, brawl? I mean, its the same thing with just different characters, graphics, stages, items, etc. My point is, this seems very predictable, and the obvious changes are ones i just listed. What do you think?

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I'm not sure what you really mean?

By your logic, Smash WiiU, Smash 3DS, Brawl, Melee and Smash 64 are all the same game.

What do you really expect them to add? The game has more characters, stages and game modes than ever before as well as a ton of collectibles. How else do you expect them to expand a fighting game? At least they are actually trying new things such as the Smash Tour board game mode, 8 player battles, and even changing up how older gametypes like Classic mode play.

I really don't understand what more you could want out a Smash Bros game?

FuccBoii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FuccBoii

@spike6958: I'm not trying to say that all the smash bros games are the same, of course they aren't. I'm just saying, I think nintendo relies on smash bros way too much. People are going crazy for it, but smash bros isn't a new concept. I don't understand how people can get so excited. Smash bros has peaked, there is nothing special about it anymore. They are just throwing in variations of the same shit at this point

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

Then don't buy and don't play it. It's not like COD which is just reskinned and tweaked EVERY year. Smash comes out once a generation. Either play it or don't.

FuccBoii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FuccBoii

@jasonredemption: I do play smash bros, don't get me wrong. Its very original and fun. I'm just saying, I think nintendo needs to try something new, in my opinion. The smash bros novelty is wearing thin. Also, comparing smash bros to cod? lol

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

@fuccboii said:

@jasonredemption: I do play smash bros, don't get me wrong. Its very original and fun. I'm just saying, I think nintendo needs to try something new, in my opinion. The smash bros novelty is wearing thin. Also, comparing smash bros to cod? lol

So what do you mean by "try something new"? Nintendo releases just one Smash Bros each gen, it's hardly overused especially when compaired to some of there other IP's they have.

TBH, I don't think you even have a clue what you're complaining about, you say it's very original and fun, but then say it's a novelty title and it's wearing thin, so which is it because it's starting to sound like you're just been a troll.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#7 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

@fuccboii said:

You're arguing that Smash is old and isn't "new". COD is the poster-child for same-old-been-there-done-that kind of gaming that has overstayed its welcome. cod = every year with nothing new to show, smash = once a generation so naturally it's not as tired, thin or whatever as cod is.

FuccBoii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FuccBoii

@jasonredemption: Cod is an extreme example of a game thats been done to death, clearly. All i'm saying is, i think nintendo has seen its day, smash bros included. I have the same complaints about halo on xbox, but i'm not even gonna go there, already been accussed of trolling, lol :p

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

A series hasn't "seen its day" until the audience stops wanting it. Take examples like Rock Band/Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk, Dynasty Warriors etc. Its a series so the basic core of the series will of course remain the same and when its changed in the slightest, the audience attacks. i.e see any franchise that has even the smallest changes Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Wind Waker, Other M, DMC etc. Its so hyped because the series hasn't seen its day. Then add on the fact that a lot has been added to the game, like the 8 player matches, new single player modes, online tournaments, robust creation tool etc. So basically, your just coming off as the type with no real reasoning to back it up, wants popular series X to go away and that's why people accuse you of trolling.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

so when did nintendo see its day already? in the NES days?

when did smash bros peak? with brawl?

i think you think you know everything but you dont.

FuccBoii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FuccBoii

Lol i am getting some pretty heated vibes from some of you. I thought this would be a friendlier community. All i want to do is discuss a video game. The n64 smash bros was my favourite, and melee was a close second. I personally never enjoyed brawl. Now the new smash bros is coming out, and I couldn't really care less. I don't see anything exciting when i see the new smash bros game, it all looks like the same thing to me, with different graphics, and add-ons. Other than that, its the same game. Mario Kart is the same way. Mario Party. Theres just nothing different about the game itself. Nintendo makes this big thing out of releasing a new smash bros game for every gen and gets ppl going crazy for it. Overrated stuff imo.