Super Smash Bros. for Wii U preorders hit console record

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

Source

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is getting more pre-orders than Mario Kart 8 says Reggie. And Mario Kart 8 sold pretty fast.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Mario Kart was buy one game get one free and also came along with anywhere from 10 to 15 dollars back

Also a record for the Wii U? That's not real.

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

Mario Kart was buy one game get one free and also came along with anywhere from 10 to 15 dollars back

I didn't consider that. It's a bit surprising that Super Smash Bros. is doing better preorder numbers than MK8 when a free game came with that.

@Jaysonguy said:

What do you mean?

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

So? It still sold a huge number. And the point is, Smash Bros is pre-ordering at a higher number, which means it may surpass MK8 in sales. That is nothing but good news for Nintendo. That'll be the second (that I can think of) multi-million seller for the Wii U this year.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5 PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

Hey, long time no see. =P

I think the Wii U had a record game drought, if that counts...

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

1 Free Amiibo comes with it if you preorder Smash from Toys R Us

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#7 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Lol every time there's good news some people try spinning it in their favor ignore them tc it's your best option

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Please people, stop responding to JaysonGuy. GameSpot won't weed out users who derail threads so its up to us.

On topic: Wii U hit 100k I think with Mario Kart 8 in June right? If Smash Bros is trending higher and its the holidays (plus Amiibo hype) then maybe the Wii U will clean shop this holiday.

I believe Wii U sold 225k last November despite Mario 3D World, then 450k in December. My guess, with this information, is that they'll break 300k in November and maybe 500k in December. 800k-1.2 million in the US over two months would be pretty amazing though I wouldn't count it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@bonesawisready5 said:

Please people, stop responding to JaysonGuy. GameSpot won't weed out users who derail threads so its up to us.

On topic: Wii U hit 100k I think with Mario Kart 8 in June right? If Smash Bros is trending higher and its the holidays (plus Amiibo hype) then maybe the Wii U will clean shop this holiday.

I believe Wii U sold 225k last November despite Mario 3D World, then 450k in December. My guess, with this information, is that they'll break 300k in November and maybe 500k in December. 800k-1.2 million in the US over two months would be pretty amazing though I wouldn't count it.

its very hard not to take the bait...especially since its so easy.

on topic...

i bet if mario kart was released in the holidays it would have had even more preorders than smash.