Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=040615

Is it bad that I'm voting for Roy solely because of this comic? I feel so bad for the guy and I liked him in FE6.

Who are you all voting for? (seriously please, nothing silly like Goku or Gabe Newell)

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

Bayonetta. Inklings.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I would love to see Banjo-Kazooie. They fit with the rest of the roster. Even though the series was sold to Microsoft with Rare, people tend to remember the N64 classics whenever Banjo is mentioned.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@elheber: is that an official list?

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By elheber

@darkspineslayer That's not official, no. Someone at reddit made it, I believe, after a debate about the prospects.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Am I the only person who think's that list is dumb? Not the first part, that's fine (though I do question some of the choices, Abe Lincoln, really?), but the second and third really do. First Nintendo knows many of the characters who'll be requested are already assist trophies/pokeballs, that would be a pretty bad reason to keep a character out, and as for the 3rd party characters, most devs would probably kill to have there characters represented in Smash Bros, and I'm pretty confident Nintendo would have outright stated "No Third Party" if they weren't been considered, I'd just imaging they'd need more votes to be in the running than any Nintendo owned characters.

Though maybe I'm salty because Midna and Shovel Knight are two of my most wanted DLC characters.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
@elheber said:

@darkspineslayer That's not official, no. Someone at reddit made it, I believe, after a debate about the prospects.

Reddit? I'm almost positive it was someone at 4chan.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Thank God this isn't an official list. The fact that Monita was even considered makes me sick. And seriously? No Black Knight from Fire Emblem? Complete Fail

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@elheber said:

Bayonetta. Inklings.

And how on earth is Wolf O'Donnell not on there? HMMMMMM.....HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Seriously though, Rundas would be a fantastic choice.
Metroid is severly under-represented in Smash.

The bounty hunters were always very interesting, with Rundas being the most interesting one when considered as a Smash-fighter.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 elheber
@crimsonbrute said:

Reddit? I'm almost positive it was someone at 4chan.

You're likely correct. All those places blend together in my head.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
@elheber said:

You're likely correct. All those places blend together in my head.

Yeah, I think they are one of the groups pushing for K.Rool.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9723 Posts

King K. Rool, Non specific action figure and Geno would be nice. Banjo-Kazooie will NEVER be in this game because Rare owns them. Banjo wasn't in Diddy Kong Racing DS.

Avatar image for bundleofnumbers
bundleofnumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bundleofnumbers
Member since 2015 • 103 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:

King K. Rool, Non specific action figure and Geno would be nice. Banjo-Kazooie will NEVER be in this game because Rare owns them. Banjo wasn't in Diddy Kong Racing DS.

You missed the article where microsoft said they would be ok with them in the game

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9723 Posts

@bundleofnumbers said:

@GameboyTroy said:

You missed the article where microsoft said they would be ok with them in the game

Looks like they'll have a chance to be in the game after all.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

Uuuuh Black Mage. FF Ftw :)

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 elheber

@GameboyTroy said:

I have a kooky theory that Duck Hunt Duo was the result of the dev team trying to get Banjo-Kazooie during conceptual design but quickly getting the plan rejected (either by Microsoft or Nintendo).

Avatar image for bundleofnumbers
bundleofnumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bundleofnumbers
Member since 2015 • 103 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

@elheber: is that an official list?

You can tell its not official cause who would vote for some of those... especially captain toad

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I thought of a cool one today. Isaac from Golden Sun. He'd have an awesome move set using Djin for special abilities and the final smash. Also, Camelot are partners with Nintendo, so it wouldn't be outlandish to get him in there.

The only problem is that Isaac isn't really iconic like the rest of the Smash Bros. cast. Regardless, I think he'd be a cool character to play. And to be fair, he's probably not far off from the level of "fame" as some of the Fire Emblem characters.

mattahn123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mattahn123
Member since 2015 • 34 Posts

For some reason I think Smash could make something out of Dry Bones.

He could have some special bone attacks.

Also they could make a customizable character (you could take a picture of yourself).

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

I voted for Snake, Shovel Knight and Inklings. Though I would totally be cool with King K. Rool! Really there are many good choices.

Michimune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Michimune
Member since 2015 • 33 Posts

I noticed the Black Mage from FF series and Chrono from Chrono Trigger are mentioned under third party buuuttt.....

Where's Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends With You), Clavat/Selkie (Flnal Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series), or maybe Sora (Kingdom Hearts).

The Unofficial list looks more like it represents a small group of voters rather than a broad audience. I can think of maybe 200 characters that IMO might be better than Cranky Kong, Ala Chunky Kong or Tiny Kong :P.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

I voted for Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia. He's a great character from one of the best jrpg's ever, Namco made Tales of Symphonia and helped develop Smash, and we could have this song included to an already brilliant soundtrack:

Fighting of the Spirit

Anyone who's enjoyed Tales of Symphonia or Phantasia know what I'm talking about here and how glorious it would be to fight to this song.

I'm assuming they aren't making new stages to go along with the new characters or adding anymore music; I just thought I'd share :)

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
@trugs26 said:

I thought of a cool one today. Isaac from Golden Sun. He'd have an awesome move set using Djin for special abilities and the final smash. Also, Camelot are partners with Nintendo, so it wouldn't be outlandish to get him in there.

The only problem is that Isaac isn't really iconic like the rest of the Smash Bros. cast. Regardless, I think he'd be a cool character to play. And to be fair, he's probably not far off from the level of "fame" as some of the Fire Emblem characters.

Isaac would be amazing. Also "iconic" shouldn't matter, there are a ton of characters in Smash who are only famous because of Smash. Ness, Captain Falcon, most of the Fire Emblem characters, even Shulk was fairly unknown.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@spike6958 said:
@trugs26 said:

Isaac would be amazing. Also "iconic" shouldn't matter, there are a ton of characters in Smash who are only famous because of Smash. Ness, Captain Falcon, most of the Fire Emblem characters, even Shulk was fairly unknown.

That's true. Okay, I'm fully onboard with Isaac being in the game. VOTE #1 ISAAC! :P

Krake609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Krake609
Member since 2015 • 26 Posts

I voted for Lin from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. Although her chances of being in the game are close to nothing since these games are not really popular, I just thought that Smash needed a soldier like character, since Snake is probably out of the picture, and more female characters, so its 2 birds with one stone.
Does anybody agree with me? lol, this is just my opinion.

Avatar image for memegoddessgaming
MemeGoddessGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By MemeGoddessGaming
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

I WANT SANS AND YURI IN SSB

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5233 Posts

@memegoddessgaming said:

I WANT SANS AND YURI IN SSB

I hope you are aware that you are responding to a thread that is at least two years old. The people who cared about this thread has moved on and it is best to let this thread die and be locked.

Avatar image for conallskywalker
ConallSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29 ConallSkywalker
Member since 2018 • 26 Posts

I would forver play as Black Mage if that was a true list.