Super Smash Bros 3DS is in dire need of a patch

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iHave2Fart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 iHave2Fart
Member since 2012 • 47 Posts

- Hit detection errors. It's pretty silly to use a smash attack against someone and instead of hitting them, you somehow go right through them when they aren't dodging. So say you're behind someone? Use a smash attack and ta-da! You're in front of them somehow! Hell, sometimes the shield doesn't activate when you hit the button for it.

- Dedede, Sonic and Little Mac need a nerf. For Rosalina, Luma's respawn time needs to be increased.

- Lag. Input lag especially need to be fixed.

- The KO system needs to be fixed. There's no reason you should die when you're working your way back to the stage when you're offscreen. I just got out of a match where I got knocked out of the stage, but I was still alive. Moving back towards the stage, I died. Why? Because the system is broken and needs to be patched.

- Master Hand/Crazy Hand's shadow creatures are OP as ****.

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 big_mak523
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts

It just sounds like you aren't very good at the game. Little Mac is one of the easiest people to beat. Maybe you should practice alittle more. The lag has been better since launch. I don't even know what you are saying about the KO system.. And I beat Master Core on intensity 9.0. It is not that hard once you learn his moves.

There are some issues I have, like the lack of online features and the online in general, but most of those things you mentioned are just you not being good at the game.

iHave2Fart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 iHave2Fart
Member since 2012 • 47 Posts

@big_mak523: I expected a silly response like this.

I, too, have beaten Little Mac many times with ease. The fact remains, his attacks can override yours no matter what and they can even override your shield.

The only complaint I have with Rosalina is that Luma respawns way too quickly after you kill it.

Dedede is pretty much like Little Mac. His attacks can override anything you do, he can move quickly, and he has an insane recovery, whereas Little Mac's recovery is pure garbage.

Hit detection errors exist online. This is pretty simple and you're lying if you say you've never experienced this. Its that moment when you go to attack someone and instead, you go right through them. This is when they don't dodge at all. When you dodge and you still get hit... when you press the button to activate the shield to protect from an impending attack and you still get hit... That's the hit detection error I'm talking about.

The KO system can have its delays. Say you get knocked out of the stage and you are off-screen. You aren't dead yet, and you are able to jump back toward the stage. Then you die. is that me just being bad at the game? No, I happen to think the KO system has a problem that needs a fix. Uncommon, but still something that should be looked at.

The lag has gotten better since launch in the way that every match isn't moving at the speed of two old people bumping uglies. But input lag remains an issue. It's kind of silly to only see your actions go through .5 - 2 seconds after you've pressed the button. It can screw you over big time. This has not gone away since launch.

I brought up the Master Hand scenario as a minor point. I have also beaten him at 9.0 intensity, but it took dozens and dozens of tries and I ended up beating him with Robin. Half the time it just seemed as if nothing I did mattered and his attacks were unavoidable.

Other than that, I'm not saying I run into these issues every game I play, so to say "lel ur just bad" is extremely silly. If anything its like 1 in 10 games that I notice these errors. Regardless, these issues should be fixed.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

the only issue i see is bowsers sideB....the grab thing. if bowser gets you near the ledge and grabs you and suidcides you...HE gets the win!

yup try it out. in brawl bowser loses on smash4 he wins. a bit cheap imo.

simuseb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By simuseb2
Member since 2014 • 178 Posts

@iHave2Fart said:

@big_mak523: I expected a silly response like this.

I brought up the Master Hand scenario as a minor point. I have also beaten him at 9.0 intensity, but it took dozens and dozens of tries and I ended up beating him with Robin. Half the time it just seemed as if nothing I did mattered and his attacks were unavoidable.

Haven't not played the 3DS version, (but I've played N64, Melee and Braw) I have to say that the master hand thing is not only a minor point, it is also a rather silly point. You are fighting playing at 9.0 intensity... that's the hardest difficulty! He's *meant* to be that hard to beat.

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 big_mak523
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts

@iHave2Fart: No I haven't experienced hit detection errors. I swear. I know when I run too quickly and try to do my dash attack too late, then yes I will miss. That has been in the game for forever, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. That happens offline too. Like I said, those problems you are having outside of the lag issue, which I agree with, are problems of you sucking. Sorry dude. If you are scared of hits overriding your attacks, then maybe try grabbing. That should be your first instinct when going against powerhouse characters.

And yeah, Master Core at 9.0 is going to be hard. Sorry dude, it is 9.0... Maybe try turning it down if you are having trouble.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

the only issue i see is bowsers sideB....the grab thing. if bowser gets you near the ledge and grabs you and suidcides you...HE gets the win!

Well technically you do go out first, but since its a suicide, Bowser should lose on that in sudden death. As far as the TC goes, I'm going to go out on the limb and say the stage where you were KO'd while you were moving was a scrolling stage? If you outside the box, when the stage moves, your done, even if your moving.

When it comes to Master Hand, like others have said, its the highest level, your suppose to have a hard time. Its fighting game 101, the final boss seems broken and unbeatable. Eventually you get good at fighting them and can easily beat them, especially with your main.

When it comes to attacks overriding others, that's also fighting game 101. Its part of the balance, they have attacks that can beat certain attacks, at the expense of other things. With Little Mac, he has no air game and almost zero recovery. Here's an easy way, Block, Grab, Toss off ledge, watch Mac's futile attempt at recovery and fall just shy of the edge grab.

I rarely encounter lag, you probably just have a bad connection if your still constantly experiencing lag. Nothing your describing is something that needs fixing.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#8  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I've found the game to be pretty damn polished.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

@iHave2Fart said:

- Hit detection errors. It's pretty silly to use a smash attack against someone and instead of hitting them, you somehow go right through them when they aren't dodging. So say you're behind someone? Use a smash attack and ta-da! You're in front of them somehow! Hell, sometimes the shield doesn't activate when you hit the button for it.

- Dedede, Sonic and Little Mac need a nerf. For Rosalina, Luma's respawn time needs to be increased.

- Lag. Input lag especially need to be fixed.

- The KO system needs to be fixed. There's no reason you should die when you're working your way back to the stage when you're offscreen. I just got out of a match where I got knocked out of the stage, but I was still alive. Moving back towards the stage, I died. Why? Because the system is broken and needs to be patched.

- Master Hand/Crazy Hand's shadow creatures are OP as ****.

Hit detection errors - I have not noticed this, so I can't agree that it needs to be fixed.

Dedede, Sonic and Little Mac need a nerf - I thought Mac was really OP in the beginning, but then I learned that he sucks at getting back onto the stage, and I've learned to kill him quite easily.

Lag - Yes, the game will lag like hell on my online matches. I don't think that can be patched, though.

KO system needs to be fixed - I haven't noticed this either.. You sure you didn't get too low from the stage when you died? Or got hit by an item or projectile?

Master Hand/Crazy Hand being OP - Sounds a bit whiny.. I Just beat them on 9.0. The key is to dodge at the right time.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

They're in dire need of a d-pad control patch, I've been hounding Nintendo since before it's release for this on reports of broken circle-pads.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

Is it the same grab as his side B grab from Brawl? Where he flips you then Bellyflops on you? If so I used to use that all the time on Brawl and get the win lol It would cost a life but it was sooo satisfying lol

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

FYI, a patch has just been released (yesterday, I believe) updating the game from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3. They say it fixes bugs.. I have seen zero bugs in the game so far (with 60 hours of game time), but cool nonetheless.