Super Mario Sunshine vs. Luigi's Mansion

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
Which Gamecube game was better in your opinion? I normally love Super Mario games but this is the exception, just didn't live up to expectations for me. I absolutely loved Luigi's Mansion, wish they would make a sequel.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

I'm on the other end on this one.

I really liked Sunshine a lot, maybe even more so than Galaxy (I'm a sinner, I know). Sunshine was just a lot harder, whereas Galaxy was too easy for me. Both great games, though.

But I felt that, while Luigi's Mansion was a good game, I had absolutely no desire to run through it again.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

My bad, I meant to post this in the Legacy platform forums. Doh!

Lock this thread if you must mods, or better yet move it for me to the proper forum because I can't make another poll right now.

Gin_Tama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 Gin_Tama
Member since 2006 • 4640 Posts
I really liked Sunshine a lot, maybe even more so than Galaxy (I'm a sinner, I know). bob_newman
I actually kinda felt the same. I was kinda.. more for Shine.. well, your not alone there Bob.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Sunshine for me... Luigi's Mansion for me was more of a "Let's just beat it to say we beat" than a "I love this game!" I like Luigi more than Mario though if it matters...:P Though nothing can beat Super Mario 64... not even Galaxy. So I guess I may be like Bob, but with a different game.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

My bad, I meant to post this in the Legacy platform forums. Doh!

Lock this thread if you must mods, or better yet move it for me to the proper forum because I can't make another poll right now.

Bigboi500

Well the Wii is backward compatible so whats the prob ;). I loved both but Sunshine was a greta game for me, I really enjoyed sitting and finding every single shine sprite on offer and didn't really see why people complained so much.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bob_newman

Sunshine for me... Luigi's Mansion for me was more of a "Let's just beat it to say we beat" than a "I love this game!" I like Luigi more than Mario though if it matters...:P Though nothing can beat Super Mario 64... not even Galaxy. So I guess I may be like Bob, but with a different game.ZumaJones07

No, no. Even still, for me it goes SM64>Sunshine>Galaxy.

In my mind, no game is better than Mario 64, in terms of replayability, challenge, and fun.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
Luigi's Mansion for me. Sunshine was my least favorite Mario platform. Galaxy > 64 > Sunshine. Everyones different but I just couldn't get into Sunshine.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
Both are average. Beaten both in a weekend. Still I prefer platforming to... whatever genre Luigi Mansion is.
fiercedeity901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fiercedeity901
Member since 2005 • 6291 Posts
i love luigi and IMO he's way cooler than mario...it was nice to see him get his own game for once and i hope to see one on the wii...idk, sunshine was good an all, but every level just seemed all the same...sunshine, water, and paint...the game was fun, but definately not the best luigis mansion was just different and awesome and just tons more fun to me...i really liked it and it was a tremendously great launch title props to luigi, he's the man
heroofwinds1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 heroofwinds1
Member since 2006 • 758 Posts
luigi's mansion is a great game but it can not be compared with the quality of super mario sunshine.luigi's mansion has great ideas,very good visuals and gameplay but it is very small compared to super mario sunshine.super mario sunshine is like all mario games the top platform game of it's generation.it has awesome gameplay,the device that mario carries is a great idea and the game has the magic that only nintendo games can offer.
elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts
They're both pretty rad, but I liked Sunshine better.
EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
I like Sunshine, but enjoyed Luigi's Mansion alot more. The game is just so much different than what was available at the time.

Really short, though.
KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts
luigi's mansion is a great game but it can not be compared with the quality of super mario sunshine.luigi's mansion has great ideas,very good visuals and gameplay but it is very small compared to super mario sunshine.super mario sunshine is like all mario games the top platform game of it's generation.it has awesome gameplay,the device that mario carries is a great idea and the game has the magic that only nintendo games can offer.heroofwinds1
Axelnomad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Axelnomad
Member since 2007 • 872 Posts
I think Sunshine is the superior of the two, but I enjoyed Mansion more just a personal preference.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#16 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I think Super Mario Sunshine was better but it was a slight disapointment but only becasue of the high standards Super Mario 64 set. It wasn't a brilliant title but it wasn't bad either it was good better than Luigis Mansion it got tiring to quickly.
korn62586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 korn62586
Member since 2007 • 242 Posts

I think Super Mario Sunshine is more fun then most people think. I think that will be noticed one day.

"Wii need a hard drive"

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts
sunshine blows mansion out of the water and is definitely better than galaxy. Galaxy was good but overall a disappointment. When I heard about there being gravity I thought that some planetoids would be harder to jump off of or very easy to fall off from, but know it was just running upside-down and in some spots they had arrows, wow they had arrows in mega man 5 in NES. Walking upside-down has been done since 1990 with little nemo. Anyway sunshine wins. Mansion had nothing to do with the Mario universe other than it had the 2 brothers and the boos. You could have easily put 2 other guys in there and changed the ghosts shape around and called it a different game. It was still ok, It is just like with Star Fox Adventures which pretty much played like Donkey Kong with Fox in it with a scepter guns, and a few gadgets. That game had nothing to with Star Fox other than Fox was in it and the 2 minute flying sections from one part of the planet to the other.
Avatar image for Wiifanboy_4life
Wiifanboy_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Wiifanboy_4life
Member since 2006 • 3971 Posts
Sunshine for sure. Luigi's Mansion was alright, but in Sunshine you could squirt people with water and they would react. That November when I got it in 2002 (or was it 2003?) I thought that was amazing.
riseneclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 riseneclipse
Member since 2006 • 1176 Posts

[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]Sunshine for me... Luigi's Mansion for me was more of a "Let's just beat it to say we beat" than a "I love this game!" I like Luigi more than Mario though if it matters...:P Though nothing can beat Super Mario 64... not even Galaxy. So I guess I may be like Bob, but with a different game.bob_newman

In my mind, no game is better than Mario 64, in terms of replayability, challenge, and fun.

QFT

cept for me it was SM64>Galaxy>Sunshine

i still play SM64 today, and i got it the day it came out, several years ago. sunshine was really fun but i really didnt like the fludd, i thought it was a tterrible idea. and as for galaxy, it was fun but it was too easy and the worlds were too small and there wasnt much to explore, i did a ton of exploring in SM64 but each of the stars in galaxy bring you to a new small part of the planet, without much going on but the task at hand.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
I enjoyed Luigi's mansion it was a good game, however I am more of a platforming fan so I would have to go with Sunshine. And to add to the little Mario title debate going Galaxy>Mario 64>Sunshine.
Avatar image for UltimateXShadow
UltimateXShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 UltimateXShadow
Member since 2005 • 2312 Posts
I favor Super Mario Sunshine over Luigi's Mansion because Sunshine is a generally larger game. However, I enjoy playing both games.
ScopeDaDope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ScopeDaDope
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts

Super Mario sunshine for me.Luigi's mansion was a really fun game, but didn't have too much area to lurk around.I mean like, Super Mario games had restrictions in certain levels but that is more like a searching game.Luigi's mansion had more of a search and destroy.Like i wouldn't say sucking up ghosts with a vacuum wouldn't be shibby but common,at least you can be free, jump, glitch and create awesome helpful strategies for speed runs.Like the Damage boost in LoZ, or the Stair door skipping thing in Super Mario 64.Luigi's mansion didn't have a free roam, once you beat a level, its done

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I'm on the other end on this one.

I really liked Sunshine a lot, maybe even more so than Galaxy (I'm a sinner, I know). Sunshine was just a lot harder, whereas Galaxy was too easy for me. Both great games, though.

But I felt that, while Luigi's Mansion was a good game, I had absolutely no desire to run through it again.

bob_newman

We agree there, mate: Sunshine > Galaxy >Mansion

wiiwillstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wiiwillstand
Member since 2007 • 2781 Posts
Luigi's Mansion was cool, but Sunshine definitly wins my vote. It was much bigger, had more variety, and much better graphics. Plus, you just can't beat Mario.
Carroll-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Carroll-06
Member since 2006 • 384 Posts
I thought Super Mario Sunshine was very good but I think Luigi has either a small part in a Mario game or isn't mentioned at all but I thought it was a good change for it to be the other way around where Luigi is the main character and has to rescue Mario. I prefared Luigi's Mansion.
ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27 ash10692
Member since 2008 • 2310 Posts
Luigi's Mansion was the first game I got for the Gamecube, and I was hooked for months. The Wii deserves to see the return of the green capped one.
makaveli_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28 makaveli_89
Member since 2006 • 3415 Posts
I actually liked Super Mario Sunshine. I never really saw what was so bad about this game.
sneslover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sneslover
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts

Luigi's Mansion, Sunshine had a horrible setting and wasn't varied enough, plus some levels were very difficult.

The only problem with LM is that it's a bit linear in terms of gameplay.

k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#30 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts
I barely played either one, but I guess I'll say Luigi's Mansion.
GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts

Sunshine>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Mansion

Sunshine had really good 3PS and challenging platforming moments. Mansion was repetive and had bad controls

CaptinKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CaptinKyle
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Okay, I like Luigi more than Mario and wish they had more games with him, but I liked Luigi's mansion because it was outside the box, while Sunshine was similar to most mario games.

My List

Super Mario World> Mario 64 > Mario Galaxy > Mario Bros 3 > Luigi's Mansion > Mario Sunshine

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I loved LM.

I kept hearing all the noise about 64>Sunshine, so I rented it right before the Wii came out and I thought it was lacking something. To be honest, I think Sunshine would've been more suited for the Wiimote, more so than Galaxy anyways.

They're all great though.

Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
I liked Luigi's Mansion a lot more than I liked Super Mario Sunshine.
Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]Sunshine for me... Luigi's Mansion for me was more of a "Let's just beat it to say we beat" than a "I love this game!" I like Luigi more than Mario though if it matters...:P Though nothing can beat Super Mario 64... not even Galaxy. So I guess I may be like Bob, but with a different game.bob_newman

Yes! High five!

I'm not the only one who likes them in the order SM64>Sunshine>Galaxy.

And, yeah, Galaxy is not a bad game, per say, but I find 64 and Sunshine to be better.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bob_newman
[QUOTE="bob_newman"]

[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]Sunshine for me... Luigi's Mansion for me was more of a "Let's just beat it to say we beat" than a "I love this game!" I like Luigi more than Mario though if it matters...:P Though nothing can beat Super Mario 64... not even Galaxy. So I guess I may be like Bob, but with a different game.Niff_T

Yes! High five!

I'm not the only one who likes them in the order SM64>Sunshine>Galaxy.

And, yeah, Galaxy is not a bad game, per say, but I find 64 and Sunshine to be better.

For me, it's like SM64 gets a 9.6, Sunshine gets a 9.5, and Galaxy gets a 9.4. They're all very close.

Actually, if we went with polish and all that technical stuff, Galaxy would rate higher. It's just that the game was too easy for me, so I dock it down a bit.

Dave1518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dave1518
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts

i didnt like mario sunshine as much as i wanted to so i have to go with luigi on this one.

bruceylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bruceylee
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
im more of a mario fan so super mario sunshine for me:D
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Sunshine is way better.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

I never finished SMS :(

riseneclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 riseneclipse
Member since 2006 • 1176 Posts
i never finished sunshine either. but i agree galaxy was way easier, and like i said before there wasnt as much to explore. Sunshine was by far the hardest (the beach with the ghosts >.
dylandude392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dylandude392
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts
Sunshine is my favorite 3-d Mario game.
Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#43 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
Luigi's Mansion, of course. Poor Sunshine, can't even compete.
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

I never really liked Luigi's Mansion. I remember it being repetitive, short and gameplay feeling kinda awkward.

I think I'll go play it again sometime to see why... it's been quite a long time.

As for Sunshine, I loved it, but hated the whole blue coin system.

Cicatraz_ESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Cicatraz_ESP
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

Which Gamecube game was better in your opinion? I normally love Super Mario games but this is the exception, just didn't live up to expectations for me. I absolutely loved Luigi's Mansion, wish they would make a sequel.Bigboi500

Luigis Mansion was suuuuuuuuch a great game. So underappreciated.

Cicatraz_ESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Cicatraz_ESP
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts
I've heard from alot of people that Galaxy is too easy. Sunshine was perfect for me, it was difficult, but I knew if I kept trying I could beat it. Is Galaxy challenging at all or is it sort of a cakewalk? Cause I was planning on getting it soon but I'm really in the mood for something challenging. Actually I'm in the mood for a new freaking Animal Crossing tbh..
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
I've heard from alot of people that Galaxy is too easy. Sunshine was perfect for me, it was difficult, but I knew if I kept trying I could beat it. Is Galaxy challenging at all or is it sort of a cakewalk? Cause I was planning on getting it soon but I'm really in the mood for something challenging. Actually I'm in the mood for a new freaking Animal Crossing tbh..Cicatraz_ESP
Compared to Sunshine, it's really easy. I could only get like 60-70 sunshines but I can get all 120 stars in Galaxy.
Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts
Luigis Mansion was better then sunshine IMO. I loved sunshine, but the fact Luigi had his own game and it was so different from anything else available was the 1 reason i bought a gamecube at launch instead of a ps2 or xbox. Sunshine was great though. Im going to buy both sunshine and Luigis mansion again so i can play them. Its been a long time.
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#50 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
Even though I like the 3D Marios in this order...

SMG>SM64>SMS

I still thought SMS was A LOT better than Luigi's Mansion. That game sucked. IMO.