Super Mario Sunshine 2!!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

boklau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 boklau
Member since 2009 • 36 Posts
Why won't Nintendo Make a sequel to sunshine. IMO Sunshine is far better than Galaxy 1 or 2 and I wish Nintendo would go back and make it happen.
srdjan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 srdjan311
Member since 2007 • 1247 Posts

no sunshine is no where near galaxy

tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

I knew a word for this kind of threads... Oh, Misleading.

Sonicplys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sonicplys
Member since 2004 • 2600 Posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That would be the biggest mistake Nintendo could ever make. I rather they make Galaxy 3. I cant get enough of that space setting.

The-Next-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The-Next-Guy
Member since 2010 • 203 Posts

Sunshine>Galaxy=Opinion

Galaxy profits>Sunshine profits=Fact

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

I view Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy, and Mario Galaxy 2 as extensions of Mario 64, so from my point of view, Mario Sunshine already has two sequels.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

Man! i thought they revealed a Sunshine 2. :(

Tano218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tano218
Member since 2010 • 1505 Posts

they should make a mario game where ur in a themepark

a third mario galaxy would begreat but id rather have something different

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

Sunshine>Galaxy=Opinion

The-Next-Guy
Well to be fair, when Galaxy came out, everyone on the planet had a Wii and when Sunshine came out, Nintendo had only sold like 7 Gamecubes and Reggie brought 3 of them :P But TC, the fanbase's opinion of Sunshine is split right down the middle, so like Next-Guy said, its not financially the best move they could make.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Luigi's Mansion 2 >>> Mario Sunshine 2

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

[QUOTE="The-Next-Guy"]

Sunshine>Galaxy=Opinion

Sepewrath

Well to be fair, when Galaxy came out, everyone on the planet had a Wii and when Sunshine came out, Nintendo had only sold like 7 Gamecubes and Reggie brought 3 of them :P But TC, the fanbase's opinion of Sunshine is split right down the middle, so like Next-Guy said, its not financially the best move they could make.

The Gamecube was released on November 18, 2001 in North America. Super Mario Sunshine was released on August 26 in the US and September 14, 2002 in Canada. So in a period of 9 to 10 months only 7 Gamecube's were sold? I know you must be exagerating, but come on. Add some 0's to that 7 :P

Super Mario Sunshine was generally well-received by reviewers. The game has sold over 5.5 million copies, and was the tenth best-selling game of 2002 in the United States. Due to the game's commercial success, it was re-released as a Player's Choice title in 2003.

Even though Super Mario Sunshine hasn't sold as much as Super Mario Galaxy, it's still an awesome game. I actually prefer Super Mario Sunhine, it's my favorite of all the 3D Mario games. And as awesome as Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 are, they just don't compare to Super Mario Sunshine in terms of difficulty, with the exception of The Perfect Run in Super Mario Galaxy 2. But that's only one level, overall Super Mario Sunshine is much more challenging, especially trying to collect all of the Blue Coins.

If Nintendo made Super Mario Sunshine 2 I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Travis281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Travis281
Member since 2004 • 2546 Posts

I didn't like the setting in Sunshine.

Where shall Mario go next? Let's take him on VACATION!

In terms of gameplay, Sunshine was quite fun and I want the series to return to that kind of level design. I'm glad they had their fun with gravity, but Mario needs to come back to earth.

G-dorf11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 G-dorf11
Member since 2009 • 811 Posts

Luigi's Mansion 2 >>> Mario Sunshine 2

JuarN18

I agree with this, I'd rather see a sequel to luigi's mansion, that could work really well with wii controls.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Erm no just no...prolly the most dislike Mario series for me, I didn't like it. This thread is so misleading

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I agree that Super Mario Sunshine was the most difficult Mario release to date. I never even came close to completing it. The problem that I had with it was the F.L.U.D.D. unit. I felt disconnected from the game like I was controlling the pack on Mario's back instead of Mario himself. If Game Cube games were on Virtual Console (which would be kind of pointless) I would give it another shot.

The-Next-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The-Next-Guy
Member since 2010 • 203 Posts

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]

Well to be fair, when Galaxy came out, everyone on the planet had a Wii and when Sunshine came out, Nintendo had only sold like 7 Gamecubes and Reggie brought 3 of them :P But TC, the fanbase's opinion of Sunshine is split right down the middle, so like Next-Guy said, its not financially the best move they could make. J_Ford

The Gamecube was released on November 18, 2001 in North America. Super Mario Sunshine was released on August 26 in the US and September 14, 2002 in Canada. So in a period of 9 to 10 months only 7 Gamecube's were sold? I know you must be exagerating, but come on. Add some 0's to that 7 :P

Super Mario Sunshine was generally well-received by reviewers. The game has sold over 5.5 million copies, and was the tenth best-selling game of 2002 in the United States. Due to the game's commercial success, it was re-released as a Player's Choice title in 2003.

Even though Super Mario Sunshine hasn't sold as much as Super Mario Galaxy, it's still an awesome game. I actually prefer Super Mario Sunhine, it's my favorite of all the 3D Mario games. And as awesome as Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 are, they just don't compare to Super Mario Sunshine in terms of difficulty, with the exception of The Perfect Run in Super Mario Galaxy 2. But that's only one level, overall Super Mario Sunshine is much more challenging, especially trying to collect all of the Blue Coins.

If Nintendo made Super Mario Sunshine 2 I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I'd buy a Sunshine sequel as well. though I enjoyed Galaxy more. And Sunshine sales definitely would have been higher had it been released on the Wii.

As far as Mario goes, I'd like to see something new next time. I'm not saying no more Bowser or castles or anything like that. Topping the levels of Galaxy will be difficult, though.

boklau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 boklau
Member since 2009 • 36 Posts
For me I could never go back and re-play Galaxy 1 0r 2 but Sunshine I've beaten it multiple times and it's still more fun then Galaxy. But I agree with most people who say Mario needs to come back to earth the galaxy space thing was cool but a bit redundant in Galaxy 2.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I agree that Super Mario Sunshine was the most difficult Mario release to date. I never even came close to completing it. The problem that I had with it was the F.L.U.D.D. unit. I felt disconnected from the game like I was controlling the pack on Mario's back instead of Mario himself. If Game Cube games were on Virtual Console (which would be kind of pointless) I would give it another shot.

Euaggelistes
Sunshine was the most difficult because the controls were the worst. If Sunshine had Galaxy controls, it would be a piece of cake. Literally nothing about it would be hard.... There was hardly any real platforming involved. The real difficulty was in the ridiculously stupid camera and the unresponsive controls. The platforming in Galaxy is FAR superior to that of Sunshine and even Mario 64. Those games are most like adventure games that were only difficult because of the horrible controls (that we didn't know were horrible at the time because there wasn't anything better). If we could play Mario 64 or Sunshine with Galaxy camera and controls, we'd wonder where the fun is.
J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

[QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

JordanElek

Sunshine was the most difficult because the controls were the worst. If Sunshine had Galaxy controls, it would be a piece of cake. Literally nothing about it would be hard.... There was hardly any real platforming involved. The real difficulty was in the ridiculously stupid camera and the unresponsive controls. The platforming in Galaxy is FAR superior to that of Sunshine and even Mario 64. Those games are most like adventure games that were only difficult because of the horrible controls (that we didn't know were horrible at the time because there wasn't anything better). If we could play Mario 64 or Sunshine with Galaxy camera and controls, we'd wonder where the fun is.

I never had any problems with the controls, and I played through and beat the game multiple times. I even spent a ton of time just messing around in Delfino Plaza with Yoshi and just having fun messing around in different levels trying stuff out with F.L.U.D.D.

The first time playing the game it took a little bit getting used to controlling F.L.U.D.D but Mario controlled just fine. There's a ton of great platforming especially in the levels where Shadow Mario steals F.L.U.D.D and you have to complete the level to get it back. Playing without F.L.U.D.D like that made you realize how hard the game would've been without it. There's a lot of Shines that simply wouldn't be possible to even reach or get to without being able to use F.L.U.D.D either. And being able to do a triple jump with Mario then using F.L.U.D.D to hover just enough to be able to reach a high platformor hovering across large gaps added a lot to the gameplay and made you think about how to get past certain things. And there's a lot of other various ways you can combine Mario's jumping with F.L.U.D.D. Not to mention that some of the most difficult Shines in the game to get were with Yoshi, especially that one Shine in Ricco Harbor where you have to make platforms with Yoshi's juice and climb higher and higher without falling into the water. Heck, you wouldn't even be able to beat the game without F.L.U.D.D because there's no way Mario could scale the inside of a Volcano without using the Rocket boost, or be able to manuever across a sea of lava in a cannoe by himself. And I'll just add that the most difficult part of the game was collecting all of the Blue Coins. Some of them were so well hidden I actually had to use the strategy guide to be able to find them all.

Never had any real problems with the camera either and the controls were never unresponsive. Maybe your Gamecube Controller was broken or malfunctioning?

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts
Never had any real problems with the camera either and the controls were never unresponsive. Maybe your Gamecube Controller was broken or malfunctioning?J_Ford
When was the last time you played Sunshine? I just played through it within the last couple of months to get 100% (which was a pain). I didn't remember having any control issues with it, either.. before I started playing it again. Now that we've experienced the perfect controls in Galaxy, the terrible controls in Sunshine are pretty obvious, especially with the camera. Any time you hover with FLUDD near a wall, the camera automatically pans behind the wall. And the transparency feature is totally broken... it only works when you don't need it to. Easily the best parts of Sunshine are the waterpackless caves. Those are pure platforming, and Galaxy is made up almost entirely of sections like that. Sunshine has far too few of them. And don't get me started on the blue coins. Some of them are IMPOSSIBLE to find without a guide, such as the one that requires you to randomly shoot water at the moon while standing on top of a gold mushroom. That makes no sense.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I entered this thread expecting some kind of news or rumor from a website that at least has a bit of positive reputation to their name.

Instead, I find what I really knew was gonna appear in this thread.

Son, I am disappoint.

Avatar image for Bad-School-Girl
Bad-School-Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bad-School-Girl
Member since 2010 • 880 Posts
A good reason why people disliked Sunshine is because of the objectives. Too many levels had objectives to worry about, while Galaxy was pretty much getting from point A to point B.
so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#23 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

So do you think this sequel (if it were to be made) should include FLUDD again?

luigi10107048

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 luigi10107048
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
mm kay that is a lie sunshine is god
luigi10107048

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 luigi10107048
A good reason why people disliked Sunshine is because of the objectives. Too many levels had objectives to worry about, while Galaxy was pretty much getting from point A to point B.Bad-School-Girl
Well i personally enjoy that you have to try your hardest to complete each level 100 % then when you finnaly do you have that sense of acomplishment. so yeah
Riverrocker7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Riverrocker7
Why won't Nintendo Make a sequel to sunshine. IMO Sunshine is far better than Galaxy 1 or 2 and I wish Nintendo would go back and make it happen.boklau
Sunshine is no where NEAR as great as the Super Marios Galaxies, I'm afraid. It would be awesome to see a second one, though...
Gorillanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gorillanator
Member since 2009 • 867 Posts

I wouldn't mind a sequel, but I would rather they come up with some new idea for the next Mario.

[spoiler] Remember how at the end of Sunshine they showed II Piantissimo looking at the paintbrush? That would be a pretty cool idea for a villain in the next Mario. [/spoiler]

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

I hated Sunshine, so no thanks.

Gorephanage64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Gorephanage64
Member since 2010 • 32 Posts

As much as I loved the original "Sunshine" I just don't think the appeal would be there for newer players, with two galaxy games being out already.

What I would love to see though is yet another "Paper Mario", or even better a new and re-vamped "Super Mario RPG: Legend of the seven stars"

FinalOneBaller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FinalOneBaller
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts
Galaxy 2 is better, but they should make a Sunshine 2, the Wii mote pointer controls would be great for FLUD, and Sunshine is IMO one of the most underrated games ever. Maybe we will see it on 3ds hopefully.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

What they should do is make aactual sequel to Mario 2. That game was the weirdest of the bunch but was still cool and has alot of characters that aren't being used anymore like the Mouser, Tweeter, Hoopster, Ostro, Flurry, Autobomb, Tryclyde and more. If they make a new MarioGame that has all the cast from Mario 2 but with the Gameplay of New Super Mario Bros or Galaxy, that would be a Gem. King Toady and King Koopa (And Rawk Hawk from PM: TTYD) Team Up would be boss!!! I know Rawk Hawk isn't on Mario 2 but he was AWESOME in Paper Mario.

wazzawazza18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32 wazzawazza18
Member since 2009 • 936 Posts

mario sunshine is one of the best games ever made and in my opinion better then galaxy (note i havent played smg2)

i would kill for a sequel and i think it could benefit from wii controls

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I liked Sunshine it had adventure and took some skill unlike Galaxy, but it was not as solid of a game as a whole.
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

I don't want a new Super Mario Sunshine. That game was way too hard and tedious. About 90% of the game was rotating the camera. Granted you had lots of control over the camera, but it didn't do anything right by itself, it was all manual. Collecting blue coins was just annoying, and the tropical setting was nice but gets a bit old after a while. I wouldn't be opposed to them remaking Sunshine with Wii controls and fixing a lot of its issues though, such as falling through the floor on the swinging pirate ships in the theme park level.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

eww hellno. I'm probably the on;y pperson who wantsSMG3 though.

Sunshine_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sunshine_2
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I think that considering their making a luigis mansion 2 dark moons then there might be a super mario sunshine 2 for the 3ds and yes I do still play my GameCube because I'm cool like that :)
verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

This thread is old, feel free to make a new one.