Super Mario FPS!!!!!!!!

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dsreviewguy (36 posts) -
OK I recently made a topic about making a narnia chronicles First Person Shooter but it wasnt very successful :( So..... What about a Super Mario FPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leave a comment with your opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#2 Posted by Brawl578 (893 posts) -

No..... just....no...

#3 Posted by Pandajerk29 (708 posts) -

no.:|

#5 Posted by ace-of-spades93 (2456 posts) -
Why not? I think it would be cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dsreviewguy
yeah but being a first person SHOOTER, defeats the entire platforming element that made mario so succsessful. So for that reason i think it would be terrible
#6 Posted by TriniPlayer (7722 posts) -
OK I recently made a topic about making a narnia chronicles First Person Shooter but it wasnt very successful :( So..... What about a Super Mario FPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leave a comment with your opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dsreviewguy
come on man,your ideas isn't working out AT ALL.next thing you know,you would tell me how about a pokemon FPS.
#7 Posted by KillerJuan77 (3823 posts) -

This haves to be a joke, next time make a thread about a "Trauma Center FPS" so we can easily evade it.

#8 Posted by jorler333 (891 posts) -

Dude, back off the exclamation points please. Anyway, that just wouldn't work, end of story.

#10 Posted by kurtwild (180 posts) -

believe it or not, there was a doom mod with mario in it. it was pretty cool

#11 Posted by MonsieurX (29737 posts) -
What would he shoot?
#12 Posted by SoNin360 (5395 posts) -
Hmm I think it being a third person shooter would make more sense ^.^ Cmon people lighten up!
#13 Posted by appletsauce (1035 posts) -

You're in a first person perspective on Mario 64 while you're in the canon. In a way, that's sort of an FPS.

#14 Posted by forgot_it (6756 posts) -
I don't really see why people are against seeing him in a FPS when he's already been in racing, a variety of sports, role playing, party and fighting games. I don't like the idea but I don't exactly hate it with a passion.
#15 Posted by Gohansephiroth (9871 posts) -

No more FPS games, i cant take any more. We already have an avalanche of them now and the last thing we need is for games from other genres to change into them.

#16 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
HELL NO. people think that just because mario has tons of different spinoffs, he needs to cover EVERY SINGLE genre.
#17 Posted by ColdP1zza (2437 posts) -

No more FPS games, i cant take any more. We already have an avalanche of them now and the last thing we need is for games from other genres to change into them.

Gohansephiroth

Says the guy with the Wii :roll:

OP how old are you, 11? "But it would be cool!!!!!!!". That doesn't make sense, why would they turn a platformer into a shooter? It's like saying I wish there was a Need For Speed puzzle game.

#18 Posted by Gohansephiroth (9871 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gohansephiroth"]

ColdP1zza

i dont know what your getting at, but i own every console.

#19 Posted by TriniPlayer (7722 posts) -
I don't really see why people are against seeing him in a FPS when he's already been in racing, a variety of sports, role playing, party and fighting games. I don't like the idea but I don't exactly hate it with a passion.forgot_it
yeah but mario with a gun getting ready to shot someone in the head doesn't fit in at all and by doing so,i'm sure that the ESRB rating would be mature cause it involve guns and killing which would leave alot of people upset cause they would say that nintendo ruin the series.not only that but it could lead a bad example to the kids who have been playing mario for years now.
#20 Posted by ColdP1zza (2437 posts) -

[QUOTE="ColdP1zza"]

[QUOTE="Gohansephiroth"]

Gohansephiroth

i dont know what your getting at, but i own every console.

Seems a bit hard to believe becauselooking at your userbar and signature I assumed you only owned a Wii.

What would he shoot?MonsieurX

Most likely bullets?

#21 Posted by forgot_it (6756 posts) -
yeah but mario with a gun getting ready to shot someone in the head doesn't fit in at all and by doing so,i'm sure that the ESRB rating would be mature cause it involve guns and killing which would leave alot of people upset cause they would say that nintendo ruin the series.not only that but it could lead a bad example to the kids who have been playing mario for years now.TriniPlayer
You can have a FPS without traditional guns, the need to shoot someone in the head and a Mature rating. I'm sure if Mario can break into all those genre's successfully Nintendo can make Mario get into shooters as well.
#22 Posted by TriniPlayer (7722 posts) -
[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"]yeah but mario with a gun getting ready to shot someone in the head doesn't fit in at all and by doing so,i'm sure that the ESRB rating would be mature cause it involve guns and killing which would leave alot of people upset cause they would say that nintendo ruin the series.not only that but it could lead a bad example to the kids who have been playing mario for years now.forgot_it
You can have a FPS without traditional guns, the need to shoot someone in the head and a Mature rating. I'm sure if Mario can break into all those genre's successfully Nintendo can make Mario get into shooters as well.

that's the thing about it,many people didn't like the fact that mario would be in any kind of sports like mario and sonic at the olympic games which i personally like but just by thinking about a FPS mario game,i would like to see how that will turn out to be but i think its still a bad idea.
#24 Posted by TriniPlayer (7722 posts) -

IM TIRED OF FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVRY GAME IS A FPS. U JUST CANT FIND A GOOD NON-FPS GAME FOR A SYSTEM ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY NEED MORE GOOD RPGs, ESPECIALLY FOR THE PS3.

2chimcha3
First of all,there is no need for you whatsoever to be posting in caps and when it comes to the DS forums,nobody cares about FPS for the PS3 even though i have one.
#25 Posted by 2chimcha3 (279 posts) -

no... there r to many fps. and i dont think mario in one is smart...

#26 Posted by craigalan23 (15879 posts) -

A third-person shooter would be much better. ;)

#27 Posted by forgot_it (6756 posts) -

no... there r to many fps. and i dont think mario in one is smart...

2chimcha3
There are barely any FPS's, if anything the DS needs more FPS's.
#28 Posted by Gohansephiroth (9871 posts) -

Seems a bit hard to believe becauselooking at your userbar and signature I assumed you only owned a Wii.

ColdP1zza

well looks can be deceiving :P

#29 Posted by Pandajerk29 (708 posts) -

even mario thinks that is a bad idea:|

#30 Posted by TriniPlayer (7722 posts) -

even mario thinks that is a bad idea:|

Pandajerk29
that's hilarious
#31 Posted by sman3579 (21173 posts) -

Well, Mario has been in most genres so it wouldnt suprise me (well it kind of will) if he is in a FPS.

#32 Posted by Luigirulez (379 posts) -

Why should this become reality?

#33 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9513 posts) -

No... :|

#34 Posted by danny5329 (954 posts) -

OK I recently made a topic about making a narnia chronicles First Person Shooter but it wasnt very successful :( So..... What about a Super Mario FPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leave a comment with your opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dsreviewguy

You failed on this 1 either. Leave the FPS thingy to Samus Aran.

#35 Posted by armyman455 (914 posts) -

metroid is a fps style game but there is a heck of alot of platforming in it as well as games like mirrors edge so if nintendo could find an excuse to make one im sure they would but that havent just found that excuse yet

#36 Posted by In-Flamez (426 posts) -

[QUOTE="forgot_it"]I don't really see why people are against seeing him in a FPS when he's already been in racing, a variety of sports, role playing, party and fighting games. I don't like the idea but I don't exactly hate it with a passion.TriniPlayer
yeah but mario with a gun getting ready to shot someone in the head doesn't fit in at all and by doing so,i'm sure that the ESRB rating would be mature cause it involve guns and killing which would leave alot of people upset cause they would say that nintendo ruin the series.not only that but it could lead a bad example to the kids who have been playing mario for years now.

I saw a kid with mario pajamas

Wait till we see kids wearing mario pajamas with guns'

That would be f*ckin funny imho

#37 Posted by Pjdm91 (2 posts) -
I mean, who says Mario has to shoot bullets or anything, or even have "guns"? There are plenty more creative opportunities for how to fight goombas and koopas and bloopers. (oh my!) Maybe even just a dsi download or something would be a step in the right direction. Again, it doesn't have to be blood and guts mario, just something... Shooting koopa shells or something
#38 Posted by prinnyhero25 (57 posts) -
[QUOTE="dsreviewguy"]OK I recently made a topic about making a narnia chronicles First Person Shooter but it wasnt very successful :( So..... What about a Super Mario FPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leave a comment with your opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TriniPlayer
come on man,your ideas isn't working out AT ALL.next thing you know,you would tell me how about a pokemon FPS.

off topic: You probaly already know this but he actually did make a thread about a pokemon FPS. On topic: I don't see how a Mario FPS would work considering from all the mario games I played I never seen any form of gun in the Mushroom Kingdom.
#39 Posted by Prince_Denspion (2573 posts) -

ok if there was a fps mario he would shoot fireballs, and maybe some new kinda thing of course he won't carry a gun and shoot bullets. As far as making a 3rd person shooter that kind of what Super Mario on the gamecube was right? just uses a water canon to shoot.

#40 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

Luigirulez
:lol::lol: it's so stupid it's funny :lol:
#42 Posted by TriniPlayer (7722 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Luigirulez"]

exactly my point
#43 Posted by kingkui (883 posts) -

That's almost as insane as a Mario RPG...

....OH WAIT!!!!!111111111!!!!!!!!1

#44 Posted by scar-hawk (5404 posts) -
[QUOTE="dsreviewguy"]OK I recently made a topic about making a narnia chronicles First Person Shooter but it wasnt very successful :( So..... What about a Super Mario FPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leave a comment with your opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TriniPlayer

-Imagines Togepi carrying a sniper- :O I say no. But that would be funny. But it would NEVER happen. Ever.
#45 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Luigirulez"]

exactly my point

but i'd actually like to try :lol:
#46 Posted by drummer131 (3210 posts) -
Ummm Mario + guns = RUserious!?!? C'mon now.
#47 Posted by awssk8er716 (8485 posts) -

Ummm... there's enough FPS's. They don't have to ruin a perfectly good franchise, and make it into another FPS.

#48 Posted by freakbabyblues (600 posts) -

I dare you to try again with Metriod FPS.

#49 Posted by ASK_Story (11455 posts) -
What would he shoot?MonsieurX
Fireballs.
#50 Posted by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -
I would be VERY interested to see what Nintendo would make out of that. lol