Super Mario 3D World, Champions Road...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Nintendo, I hate you so much. This in my opinion is the hardest level you have ever made. I have been trying for over 2 hours now just on this 1 dang stage. I have gotten EVERY Green Star, every Gold Flag, and every Stamp I can get excluding the one in this level and the 5 you get somehow after.

To come this far just to get screwed over. Man this level makes me want to smash my head through my Gamepad lol.

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

I tried the Championship Road and it is quite hard. It reminds me of these ridiculous hard custom-made levels from 2D Mario games that are posted at Youtube. At least this course, with all its difficulties has a professional feel.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Master_Of_Fools

@thom_maytees: Yes sir.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I just reached this level last night before I went to bed. I tried and failed a couple of times, but it seems like it wouldn't be that bad if you start out with a tanooki suit.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I bought the game yesterday. I love a challenging Mario level, so I look forward to this so called 'Champions Road' you speak of :)

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PurpleMan5000

I finally beat it today. That was by far the most challenging thing I have ever done in a Mario game. Wow.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#7 The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

It is killing me right now. And to think that we purists have to beat it once with each character.

rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts

@The_Deepblue: Yep, I can't even do it with two Tanooki suits. And ever time I fail I have to reset the game because I end up losing my suits. I've spent well over 2 hours trying, and have officially given up. I was originally going to 100% the game, but when I found out that the last few stickers are gained by beating every level with each individual character, nooo way. So done.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Deepblue

I have been using Luigi on this stage for a while now--probably my last eighty attempts or so, and with no powerups. I just don't feel like searching for them in other stages/going to mushroom houses only to lose them really fast.

This level is one of the hardest challenges in platforming ever. I mean, it's up there with the most difficult moments in Super Meat Boy and Ghosts N' Goblins. As someone who has completed every single Super Mario ever made 100%, I won't give up. But this thing is going to take a long time to beat.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Master_Of_Fools

@The_Deepblue: Excactly. I have beaten EVERY level in the game with every character except the 30 Green Star Marathon (Only beat it once) and Champions Road I have yet to beat even once lol.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Master_Of_Fools

@PurpleMan5000:

I have tried having 2 Tanooki Suits. Wearing one and a back up one. I got to the infinite speed boost part where you have to get 5 key coins and just cant get past that part lol.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PurpleMan5000

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@PurpleMan5000:

I have tried having 2 Tanooki Suits. Wearing one and a back up one. I got to the infinite speed boost part where you have to get 5 key coins and just cant get past that part lol.

You are way too close to quit, then. That part wasn't as hard for me to figure out as the switching blocks were. It just sucks dying there and then having to start all over, though. I did it with Peach, which is kind of like having half of a Tanooki suit.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Master_Of_Fools

@PurpleMan5000:

I got all 5 key coins...then fell off cause I was tiny. That box that opens up is basically the end isn't it...I really just want to smash me Gamepad over my head. This level is able to make people suicidal!!!

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@PurpleMan5000:

I got all 5 key coins...then fell off cause I was tiny. That box that opens up is basically the end isn't it...I really just want to smash me Gamepad over my head. This level is able to make people suicidal!!!

Yep, that part is the end. Unlocking the box also unlocks your safety and sanity. :( Don't give up yet! You're too close!

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#15 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Man this is hilarious. It sounds harder than SMG2s Green Stars and Grand Master, harder than NSMBWii's infamous 9-7.

Have any of you tried as a different character? Does Luigi or Peach's jumping help?

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Deepblue

@kbaily:

In the sense of pure platforming, this stage is the culmination of everything the game has to offer (to the extreme), including the pros and cons of selecting a certain character. Of all the sections in the stage, there is at least one for each character that renders him or her difficult to progress with, and there are areas in which certain characters prove more beneficial than others. Either way, it's hard. Very hard. As @PurpleMan5000 said, it's the hardest challenge in any Super Mario game. I've played every single one since the original NES debut (completed each one 100%), and I agree wholeheartedly. I've seen the Game Over screen a lot because of this stage--still haven't won.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Master_Of_Fools

@kbaily: Mario and Toad have the hardest time I think. Peach's float ability is okay but not amazing. Luigi's extra jump height helps a bit and Rosalina's extra mini spin jump is meh.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Master_Of_Fools

I FINALLY DID IT. I BEAT CHAMPIONS ROAD ONCE!!!! Luigi is who I used.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Deepblue

Yeah, I caved and got a Tanooki suit, and on the first try with a Tanooki suit Luigi, I beat it. Glad I did, but using the power-up made it less fulfilling. I think I'll try to beat it again without a power-up, using Mario or toad.

Congrats @Master_of_Fools

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Master_Of_Fools

@The_Deepblue: Thanks. And I would only say using the white tanooki suit would take away feeling of it being fulfilling.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#21  Edited By pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I am looking forward to getting there.

Just a few more stages to go.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

I'm almost done with mushroom world, am I close to this champions road?

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#23  Edited By pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Ok, I got there today!

That Mystery House Marathon is just ridiculous! I know it is supposed to be very tough and all, but dying on the 20th-something challenge and have to start from scratch again is not much fun. To clear it, you basically need to play for five straight minutes without making a single tiny mistake.

I have yet to try the other two levels, but I will soon!

EDIT: I cleared Captain Toad's stage (it was relatively simple) and the Mystery House (which drove me nuts for over two hours).

@juboner said:

Yep, you are pretty close.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PurpleMan5000

@juboner said:

It sort of depends. You have to get every star, flag and stamp.