Summary of Xenoblade X Direct/4 player online co-op

This topic is locked from further discussion.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

http://www.vg247.com/2015/02/06/xenoblade-chronicles-x-wii-u-video/

4 Player Co-Op with 32 players loosely connected in world at same time...

The 32 players can exchange info and items.

Supports gamepad, pro controller, USB Keyboard, off-tv play, and 720p (please don't b**ch about 720p or any of that crap... it's not that important)

And here's a nice long summary of the whole video:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/feature_a_summary_of_the_xenoblade_chronicles_x_presentation_and_what_we_learned_about_its_world

Enjoy!!

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

4 player online co-op?

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

There is also a Wii U bundle...In Japan.

Let's hope this comes to the US. Still don't know why Nintendo didn't make a Smash Bros. bundle.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 roboccs

I wouldn't get my hopes up on a bundle here. If we didn't get a smash bundle we won't get this one.

I've never gotten into online co-op games in the past but this one I will definitely take for a spin online. I'll hopefully get to play with my Gamespot Nintendo Forum brethren when the game finally comes out here.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

@roboccs said:

I wouldn't get my hopes up on a bundle here. If we didn't get a smash bundle we won't get this one.

I've never gotten into online co-op games in the past but this one I will definitely take for a spin online. I'll hopefully get to play with my Gamespot Nintendo Forum brethren when the game finally comes out here.

If the battle system works the same as in the first game, online co-op will either be great or extremely frustrating. So much of the battle system is dependent on specific timing and attack choice, so playing with the wrong people could be terrible.

I like having the option, but I doubt I'll be able to use it much. Maybe it'll be like Dark Souls where co-op is best for boss fights or extra hard battles. If experts are on hand to play in those situations, it could be cool, both for the ability to get help if you can't kill a boss, and also for the opportunity to help a less skilled player in that situation.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i hope japan realizes how good this game is.

they didnt care about xenoblade on wii.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 roboccs

@JordanElek said:

If the battle system works the same as in the first game, online co-op will either be great or extremely frustrating. So much of the battle system is dependent on specific timing and attack choice, so playing with the wrong people could be terrible.

Good call. The battle system if it is like Xenoblade's would benefit greatly from a chat function to help better coordinate attacks. Since it's Nintendo, I'm guessing there will be no chat...

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I'm getting the game but I don't care about co op if theres no voice chat whats the point?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@freddy0 said:

amazing stuff. japan gets this in april, but i see this releasing... ...some time in 2020 for EU.

Damn you! >.<

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Holy crap, 23GB?! Is this the largest Wii U game size yet?

I'm very excited to experience its online multiplayer.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@roboccs: What's the release date in JPN?

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

Holy crap. Yes.

Good thing I have a 1tb HDD!

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@pikachudude860 said:

There is also a Wii U bundle...In Japan.

Let's hope this comes to the US. Still don't know why Nintendo didn't make a Smash Bros. bundle.

Will be grabbing myself a Special/Limited Edition when it comes to EU/AU. :P

@freddy0 lol...that would really suck!. :P

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 roboccs

@sonic_spark: 4/29 in Japan... 2015 for everyone else...

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JordanElek

@roboccs said:

@JordanElek said:

Good call. The battle system if it is like Xenoblade's would benefit greatly from a chat function to help better coordinate attacks. Since it's Nintendo, I'm guessing there will be no chat...

It's not really communication I'm worried about. I've seen a lot of people complain about the battle chatter in Xenoblade, saying they wished there was a way to turn it off, but it seems like they don't realize that the chatter serves to signal what attacks your party members are using. After you do a Break move and you hear Reyn yell WILD DOWN right after, for example, you know he's probably just toppled the enemy.

My worry is that people won't understand how the break/topple/stun loop works and just make a mess of any planning you might be trying to pull off. Communication isn't a necessity for that, assuming there are ways to know which attacks your teammates are doing, like in the first game. And maybe the battle system will be completely different this time and none of that will matter, I don't know.

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

@freddy0 said:

amazing stuff. japan gets this in april, but i see this releasing late 2015/ early 16 for NA and some time in 2020 for EU.

EU got Xenoblade Chronicles first. And is getting Xenoblade 3D first!

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

The 32 player part interests me.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

@JordanElek:

That's really any co-op game, no matter what the gameplay is. If 3D World was online, some bad co-op partners could make it a crappy experience. Its really no different than say DA: I multiplayer, you have to play to your class strengths and do the same kind of combos you do in single player to win. That's what people do and I expect they'll do the same here.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JordanElek

@Sepewrath said:

@JordanElek:

That's really any co-op game, no matter what the gameplay is. If 3D World was online, some bad co-op partners could make it a crappy experience. Its really no different than say DA: I multiplayer, you have to play to your class strengths and do the same kind of combos you do in single player to win. That's what people do and I expect they'll do the same here.

I hope so. If it's basically like playing with smarter AI, it will be really helpful for harder fights.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Is it too much to hope this hits the west by August? I really hope this takes off in Japan. The online alone would ensure that this game goes on for years.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Either they've completely revamped the battle system or this is going to be disgustingly awful.

Know how people say "this sort of game should never have multiplayer"? Well this is the game

Unless of course they've changed how the game is played from the previous installment, then you have a very cookie cutterish type game with multiplayer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
Member since 2014 • 322 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

Either they've completely revamped the battle system or this is going to be disgustingly awful.

Know how people say "this sort of game should never have multiplayer"? Well this is the game

Unless of course they've changed how the game is played from the previous installment, then you have a very cookie cutterish type game with multiplayer.

You played an hour of Xenoblade though.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@haziqagha said:

@Jaysonguy said:

I put in 32 hours of it

That game can be a mess when it comes to the battle system, adding more people just makes it worse.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

@haziqagha said:

@Jaysonguy said:

I put in 32 hours of it

That game can be a mess when it comes to the battle system, adding more people just makes it worse.

shouldn't be bad if the co op lets you set your party accordingly. Tank, 2 Damage Dealers/hybrids, and a healer and you'd be set. I guess it would depend on the character you create and how they are geared up. Otherwise it shouldn't be any different than Xenoblade. Better because if everyone is doing their part, then you will have less to worry about. I wonder about combo attacks though.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Nice, its looking like they will do like Phantasy Star Online 2. I cant wait, im assuming the coop will be a side thing that doesnt have to be used. Like how Dark Souls and Beginning of Monster Hunter, players can join to take on a Boss, Or you can just solo Boss with you own party offline. Seems youll be alone in your world like said games then have a menu or portal to join members. Cant wait for more info. The 32 player hub seems like the one in Monster Hunter where bunch of people can hang out in small section while waiting to fight and chat.

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

As long as the single player campaign's good, I'm not fussed. I hope they don't start sticking multiplayer onto everything. It is very annoying.