Stuff you DON'T wanna see on the 3DS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Ok,what are some features/games or other stuff you'd rather NOT see on the 3DS?

For example,i wouldn't like half-arsed ports of GC/PS2/Wii games.

Nor i would like any of it's games to use prerendered backgrounds.

What are some things you never wanna see on the system?

#2 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
You are making too many threads.
#3 Posted by free_milk (4368 posts) -

I seriously cant think on anything besides a call of duty game

#4 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6005 posts) -

I seriously cant think on anything besides a call of duty game

free_milk
Call of Duty on the DS was the only CoD I ever bought. And they were pretty good, too. As far as what I don't want to see, it would have to be another level-based Spiderman game. I bought the Amazing Spiderman, and it was a good game, but it should have had a free roam NY with webslinging based on the spiderslayer boss fights.
#5 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

No more remakes please.

#6 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
First person shooters. Even acknowledging that the circle pad pro exists, I never want to see one. The 3DS is a handheld, not a portable console. Give me unique and interesting games please.
#7 Posted by outworld222 (2367 posts) -
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]First person shooters. Even acknowledging that the circle pad pro exists, I never want to see one. The 3DS is a handheld, not a portable console. Give me unique and interesting games please.

That makes a lot of sense. But if I may ask, why exactly are FPS games not sufficient on the 3DS? Why is it a very bad idea? What's the difference between a handheld and a portable console? By the way I really agree. Give me a good and interesting game, I don't care what the genre may be, I'll play it.
#8 Posted by HowlingLotus (389 posts) -

No more remakes please.

Euaggelistes

Depends what it is and how hard the original is to find still.

I never played any of the Final Fantasy games until VIII and was happy to see remakes of III and IV on the DS. Same goes for the Dragon Quest series as I never played those as a child either and enjoyed them on the DS.

In terms of remakes it all comes down to perspective.

#9 Posted by JustBoomer (184 posts) -

On my 3DS XL I don't want to see any dust.:D

#10 Posted by guard12 (1657 posts) -

First person shooters. Even acknowledging that the circle pad pro exists, I never want to see one. The 3DS is a handheld, not a portable console. Give me unique and interesting games please.DJ_Lae

IDK about that since I remember Metroid Prime Hunters for the ds being quite good and that was a FPS

#11 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6005 posts) -
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]First person shooters. Even acknowledging that the circle pad pro exists, I never want to see one. The 3DS is a handheld, not a portable console. Give me unique and interesting games please.

I like having console quality experiences in my hand. Matter of fact, I have more fun playing handheld FPSs that I do their console counterparts.
#12 Posted by towny_ (115 posts) -
I don't want the games to use the 3D as a novelty, making pointless games that just utilize the 3D. I also don't want to see it become something like the iPod touch with games like Angry Birds
#13 Posted by Heirren (16306 posts) -
I don't want to see stylus control, especially for Zelda.
#14 Posted by Audacitron (909 posts) -

GreekGameManiac

I don't really care if they make a lot of games I don't want. I will just not buy them then.

It's only an issue to me if a game I don't particularly want somehow gets in the way of a game I would want. For instance, I have enough Mario games for now. I don't want Nintendo doing another Mario at the expense of say a Donkey Kong or a Zelda.

And to disagree with 2 other posters here, I do want to see the 3d gimmick used more, and I do want to see FPS games on 3DS. Here we are, well into the second year, and the 3DS doesn't have a single decent FPS. WTF? I think on some level it's just Nintendo tossing Sony a bone. They're letting the Vita have a chance by leaving this one genre wide open.

And the 3d? Sure, it's a gimmick. But I'd rather see it pushed too far, than not far enough. They gave us a slider. You can dial it down.

I don't want to see stylus control, especially for Zelda.Heirren

now this I couldn't agree more. Kid Icarus was an interesting experiment, but I'd be quite happy if I never have to encounter that control scheme ever again..

#15 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

Audacitron

I don't really care if they make a lot of games I don't want. I will just not buy them then.

It's only an issue to me if a game I don't particularly want somehow gets in the way of a game I would want. For instance, I have enough Mario games for now. I don't want Nintendo doing another Mario at the expense of say a Donkey Kong or a Zelda.

And to disagree with 2 other posters here, I do want to see the 3d gimmick used more, and I do want to see FPS games on 3DS. Here we are, well into the second year, and the 3DS doesn't have a single decent FPS. WTF? I think on some level it's just Nintendo tossing Sony a bone. They're letting the Vita have a chance by leaving this one genre wide open.

And the 3d? Sure, it's a gimmick. But I'd rather see it pushed too far, than not far enough. They gave us a slider. You can dial it down.

I don't want to see stylus control, especially for Zelda.Heirren

now this I couldn't agree more. Kid Icarus was an interesting experiment, but I'd be quite happy if I never have to encounter that control scheme ever again..

Lol you do realise they make several games at the same time???

Plus different teams available..

>_> so a game being developed "at the expense" of another cannot happen.

#16 Posted by Audacitron (909 posts) -

[QUOTE="Audacitron"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]I don't want to see stylus control, especially for Zelda.GreekGameManiac

Lol you do realise they make several games at the same time???

Plus different teams available..

>_> so a game being developed "at the expense" of another cannot happen.

Well then what other reason could there be to oppose titles I have no interest in? All I really care about is that they make the games I want. So long as they're making those games, I couldn't care less how bad the other ones suck.

Anyway of course one game comes at the expense of another. Just because they always have multiple games in the works doesn't mean they have unlimited resources.

#17 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Well then what other reason could there be to oppose titles I have no interest in? All I really care about is that they make the games I want. So long as they're making those games, I couldn't care less how bad the other ones suck.

Anyway of course one game comes at the expense of another. Just because they always have multiple games in the works doesn't mean they have unlimited resources.

Audacitron

Actually they just plan them,and release them one after the other.

#18 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16609 posts) -

I don't want to see too many 3D remakes/ ports. It's a brand new system, and I expect brand new games. Only remake/ port if the original is hard to find or whatnot. (For instance, dragon Quest VII.) Although I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't cream myself at a 3D remake of Majora's Mask, with a Master Quest and whatnot.

#19 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

I don't see any reason to "not want" something for a system, including FPS which I enjoyed on my DS - The James Bond game comes to mind as a good use of the hardware to create an enjoyable experience. Stylus control provides accurate aiming, and I though it was a really good time to be had. It felt like a Bond game, looked like a Bond game... And while it might not have been up to something like "Quantum of Solace" on a console, it provided a good portable surrogate for me whilest waiting at the movie theater, doctor's office, DMV...

... Those folks at N*Space know how to do it right for a SP game - Online FPS with a DS is another story, too many hackers to keep it entertaining.

#20 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
gen 6 pkm being sprite based
#21 Posted by ShadowNemisis21 (136 posts) -
I dont want to see overpriced apps on eshop
#22 Posted by TheCaveRat (3672 posts) -

[QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

No more remakes please.

HowlingLotus

Depends what it is and how hard the original is to find still.

I never played any of the Final Fantasy games until VIII and was happy to see remakes of III and IV on the DS. Same goes for the Dragon Quest series as I never played those as a child either and enjoyed them on the DS.

In terms of remakes it all comes down to perspective.

Yeah I never had an N64, so I never got to play any classic N64 exclusives aside from a lot of Goldeneye & Perfect Dark when I'd go to friends' houses.
#23 Posted by j2zon2591 (2238 posts) -

I don't want too many ports.. but actually.. I'd rather have the 3DS offer more.

I actually love diversity of software for any system.. wouldn't even mind a 3DS game that won't offer 3D and puts all the processing power to a better looking game xD