Still can't get a Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

T2girl79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 T2girl79
Member since 2003 • 74 Posts
I've been trying to get one since they day they came out.  I figured by now I would be able to just walk into a store and buy one, but still no go.  I live in New York.

Of course being snowed in doesn't help either.

What about the rest of you?
WiiJonesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 WiiJonesy
Member since 2006 • 781 Posts
sellin mine their rubbish
KingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 KingX
Member since 2002 • 1292 Posts
yeah I loked as hell too to find one.. got on like 1 week ago.. have been wating since release day (lviing in Europe) so its a huge demand for this console..
JackSherbak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JackSherbak
Member since 2005 • 318 Posts

I've been trying to get one since they day they came out.  I figured by now I would be able to just walk into a store and buy one, but still no go.  I live in New York.

T2girl79

http://video-games.search.ebay.com/Wii_Systems_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR8QQsacatZ62054QQsubmitsearchZSearch

You can be playing one by weekend!

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#5 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
Join the club.:D
KingOfJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 KingOfJersey
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts
I had problems getting one two but I was finally able to get one yesterday there was three at target I took one I left and came back and they were gone so timing is everything and I just happened to get lucky I wasnt even at target to look for a Wii I went to get Burnout Revenge for my Xbox360 and it just caught my eye and I realized I had to move now and get it so I picked it up and I have been playing it ever since I almost forgot that I bought Burnout Revenge.
FrankGlasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FrankGlasses
Member since 2006 • 185 Posts
got my Wii on launch... but i JUST got a second nunchuck remote.... i been a lookin, but they is hard to snag too
KenSPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KenSPT
Member since 2007 • 319 Posts

I got lucky a few months ago when I got my Wii, whenever I go into a store I make it a point to look for one, and I haven't regularly seen any. I have however found the controllers all over the place, which is a good thing.

snackdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 snackdaddy
Member since 2006 • 2122 Posts

The demand seems to be regionally based.  In Tennessee - Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga specifically, if you time it well you can grab one.  EBGames/Rhino/Gamestop, Sears, Toy R Us, Target and Walmart alone are getting relatively large shipments in at least every other week.  They are gone within a few days, but they are coming at a steady pace.

From what I understand from other friends who have just recently picked one up Huntsville, Alabama and Charlotte, North Carolina show the same consistancy for shipments from Nintendo.  However, there isn't a day that goes by that several people post about not being able to find one.  Hopefully after Nintendo gets that new plant running full steam they can meet the demand a bit better.  Unfortunately that may be Spring or early Summer.

deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
i cant find wii anywhere in canada its like there not even out
ROLFCHANK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ROLFCHANK
Member since 2006 • 1085 Posts
havent bothered to go into a store to look for one since december. now im hearing it wont be until april or later when they are readily available.
Son-of-a-Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Son-of-a-Gun
Member since 2006 • 1759 Posts
Me at EB games: "So, hows the Wii demand? Will there be one for me to grab anytime soon?" "Aaaaahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!" "Oookey. Is there a list or anything?" "Yes" ..... silence "So, can I sign up on that list?" "Hahahahahahaha... sure you want that?" "No" "Bye" "Bye" :P No luck. Untill I just came across a bundle on a webshop. Pretty descent one to, so I placed an order, and it get here this weekend :D Since then, my social life died...
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
Well, Nintendo have to distribute the console across the entire planet so I'm not surprised it's hard to find.
ROLFCHANK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ROLFCHANK
Member since 2006 • 1085 Posts
does anyone know of any credible estimate of when one might be able to just walk into a store and get a wii? around xmas time, i was hearing march, but now ive been hearing april or may.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I've had mine for quite some time. The Wii isn't anywhere where I live either, so I'm not surprised.
killjoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 killjoi
Member since 2002 • 10005 Posts
I've been trying to get one since they day they came out. I figured by now I would be able to just walk into a store and buy one, but still no go. I live in New York.

T2girl79
Same. Silver lining being it prevents one from spending more money on videogames :D
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts
selling mine their rubbishWiiJonesy
So, if I read your post correctly, according to how you are spelling, you're selling someones garbage to a mine? I don't understand /sarcasm