So what kind of remakes revival of on WII U/3DS would you like?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ArataWata (21 posts) -

With all these chitty chatters about remakes/HD releases and so forth I can't help but find myself thinking about some of the games I'd like to be remade and released on the WII U.

The most obvious is Wind Waker, which is already on the way, which I think is great since I never got a chance to play it, (I've been slow on the Zelda franchise, I only just beat Orcarina of Time for the first, 3DS verison.) So really, I feel like Nintendo and other developers could possibly re-release some of their older gems from the Gamecube days for the WII U.

One of these games that instantly comes into mind is one of my favourite games Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. Just the thought of playing with 4 friends online and everyone using their gamepads to give each other information on chest box and enemy locations.

F-Zero GX remake would be a god sent as well. 

Now, I'm all for new IPs but yeah, felt like this could be a pretty neat discussion.

#2 Posted by nini200 (9475 posts) -
The kind that would be called sequels
#3 Posted by spike6958 (4683 posts) -

I want StarFox Adventures HD. That game is easily the best looking of the StarFox games anyway, and IMO it's the only good game in the series, I'd love to be able to play it again in HD. I'd also like to see Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door HD too, just because the original is so damn hard to find and far too expensive.

#4 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -
The tablet controller would be a perfect fit for Okami.
#5 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Legend of Legaia. Yeah it was on PS1, but I want to see the damn thing remade with HD visuals and an updated combat system.

#6 Posted by Sphensen (727 posts) -

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

F-Zero

Mace: The Dark Ages

and I want a G*****N badass ear collecting, fox hole clearing, naplaming, charlie slaying, viet game with a forrest Gumpesk Soundtrack

#7 Posted by nini200 (9475 posts) -

Legend of Legaia. Yeah it was on PS1, but I want to see the damn thing remade with HD visuals and an updated combat system.

WreckEm711
I would cry tears of happiness if they made a part 3 to this. Part 1 was the best one but I did love the fighting engine of Legaia 2. I'd be ecstatic for a part 3. I wouldn't care if it was on PS4 (because Fresh Games is owned by Sony if I believe correctly). Legend of Legaia is my #1 favorite RPG series if you couldn't tell :lol:
#8 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1308 posts) -

After Majoras Mask 3D on the 3DS which comes AFTER the new Zelda for 3DS NO MORE REMAKES FOR AWHILE.

#9 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26100 posts) -

I'd do anything for an Onimusha revival (and no that f*ckin' card game doesn't count) on any platform. Same goes for a Resident Evil 2 remake.

Really want a Majora's Mask remake as well. They should've done that before Wind Waker.

#10 Posted by simomate (1859 posts) -

With all these chitty chatters about remakes/HD releases and so forth I can't help but find myself thinking about some of the games I'd like to be remade and released on the WII U.

The most obvious is Wind Waker, which is already on the way, which I think is great since I never got a chance to play it, (I've been slow on the Zelda franchise, I only just beat Orcarina of Time for the first, 3DS verison.) So really, I feel like Nintendo and other developers could possibly re-release some of their older gems from the Gamecube days for the WII U.

One of these games that instantly comes into mind is one of my favourite games Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. Just the thought of playing with 4 friends online and everyone using their gamepads to give each other information on chest box and enemy locations.

F-Zero GX remake would be a god sent as well. 

Now, I'm all for new IPs but yeah, felt like this could be a pretty neat discussion.

ArataWata

I'd rather not a remake... i can just play the same game on the old system. Well, granted sometimes the update is worth it, but I'd rather new experiences. Instead of remakes, cannot we ask for sequels in the style of the game they want remade? For example, Star Fox 64... (though thats already been remade :P) Cannot we ask for a Star Fox 64-2 kind of thing?

#11 Posted by Heirren (16300 posts) -
Id like to see a revival of the 2d Zelda's on 3DS. This way there'd be the best of both worlds across nintendos two platforms. Extravagant 3d is better on the big screen anyways, IMO.
#12 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

nini200

I would cry tears of happiness if they made a part 3 to this. Part 1 was the best one but I did love the fighting engine of Legaia 2. I'd be ecstatic for a part 3. I wouldn't care if it was on PS4 (because Fresh Games is owned by Sony if I believe correctly). Legend of Legaia is my #1 favorite RPG series if you couldn't tell :lol:

I briefly started the second, but put it down when I realized it had nothing to do with the first game except in name. Sad :( Would love to see something happen with the mist and such again. I know the story and events were pretty conclusive, but still! :P

#13 Posted by nini200 (9475 posts) -

[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

I briefly started the second, but put it down when I realized it had nothing to do with the first game except in name. Sad :( Would love to see something happen with the mist and such again. I know the story and events were pretty conclusive, but still! :P

Yes I beat them both. The 2nd one is good but the first one was better. The Mist, Ra Seru's, Seru's and characters were just better in the first one. I have everything in part 1 of that game (All the hidden Ra Seru's as well even Juggernaut) and have all my characters to level 99 with Origins (Except the Indian's - His is 5 levels from Max) at Max Level on part 2. I've made it through the Muscle dome so many times I lost count.  I've also beat the 100 enemy challenge at the pyramids in part 2 numerous times.

I would be very greatful if they created a 3rd game with Vahn, Noa and Gala and some new form of the mist and capturable summons again.  My favorite Ra Seru USED to be Jedo but I think either Mule or Meta may take that spot.  I liked Horn as well.  I've memorized all the Arts as well from regular, to super to Miracle/Mystic (Part 2) to Team Attack Arts.  That is my RPG there.  I even successfully beat the pirate at Crab Walking lol

#14 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="nini200"] I would cry tears of happiness if they made a part 3 to this. Part 1 was the best one but I did love the fighting engine of Legaia 2. I'd be ecstatic for a part 3. I wouldn't care if it was on PS4 (because Fresh Games is owned by Sony if I believe correctly). Legend of Legaia is my #1 favorite RPG series if you couldn't tell :lol:nini200

Yes I beat them both. The 2nd one is good but the first one was better. The Mist, Ra Seru's, Seru's and characters were just better in the first one. I have everything in part 1 of that game (All the hidden Ra Seru's as well even Juggernaut) and have all my characters to level 99 with Origins (Except the Indian's - His is 5 levels from Max) at Max Level on part 2. I've made it through the Muscle dome so many times I lost count.  I've also beat the 100 enemy challenge at the pyramids in part 2 numerous times.

I would be very greatful if they created a 3rd game with Vahn, Noa and Gala and some new form of the mist and capturable summons again.  My favorite Ra Seru USED to be Jedo but I think either Mule or Meta may take that spot.  I liked Horn as well.  I've memorized all the Arts as well from regular, to super to Miracle/Mystic (Part 2) to Team Attack Arts.  That is my RPG there.  I even successfully beat the pirate at Crab Walking lol

The real question though... is did you beat Lapas?

#15 Posted by nini200 (9475 posts) -

[QUOTE="nini200"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

The real question though... is did you beat Lapas?

It's actually Lapis and it's funny yo mentioned it. I encountered that thing completely unintentionally and I thought it was a glitch. I thought it was a regular random battle until I heard boss music. That was a freaking ridiculously difficult boss battle but in the end, as I stated, I memorized ALL the arts. I had to use a CRAPLOAD, you hear me, CRAPLOAD of resurrection items and all kinds of stuff to defeat that thing but in the end, it fell by my hands :twisted: if that thing didn't take all my MP, I would've easily been able to take it down.  It better be lucky I couldn't fight it with all my stuff.

Have you made it a moderate distance say past the sewers in Legaia 2? If not, I don't want to spoil it

#16 Posted by jaypakavelya (270 posts) -

if Nintendo buy Rare back , I would like to see a new Banjo & Kazooie !!

#17 Posted by sman3579 (21173 posts) -

How about a new Earthbound

#19 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4587 posts) -

A sequel to The Minish Cap in glorious 1920x1080. Also, HD port of Kid Icarus:Uprising.

A real MGS HD Collection on two discs. Disc one: Twin Snakes, Sons of Liberty, Snake Eater. Disc two: MGS4 single-player. Wii U discs could handle the large size of the game.

And a new Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime game. Damn Square for not localizing the 3DS game.