So I played Hyrule Warriors at Target....(Demo)

#1 Edited by PikachuDude860 (562 posts) -

I must say, it's much better than it looks in the videos. The combat isn't as repetitive as it looks.

Each Character plays different for the others. Link's play style is more "in your face" sword slashing and attacking, while Zelda attacks slower, but has lots of magic and arrows. (And covers more ground) Midna is a little like both, but slower.

All characters can use lots of combos. It's really fun using different moves to destroy enemies. I know the mission modes and co-op will be a blast.

You can even lock-on, dodge roll, use items and other cool things!

If your unsure about the game, I'd recommend playing it first at Target, Walmart or wherever you can find it.

I know one thing, it's not just a Dynasty Warriors with a Zelda skin. It's much better, in my opinion

#2 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7214 posts) -

Good to hear! I'll check if the stores in my area have it the next time I'm out. When I heard that it has dual screen co-op, my interest went way up. I've been looking for something the fiance and I can play together.

#3 Edited by KBFloYd (13201 posts) -

maybe they can patch in some online mode?

i have no one to play with.

#4 Posted by Grieverr (2644 posts) -

I haven't played the demo, but I do feel, from watching the Direct, that this game would be more than just a skin. Nice to hear your thoughts. I pre-orderd my copy last week.

#5 Posted by nini200 (9612 posts) -

Midna Playable = Sold

#6 Posted by bunchanumbers (467 posts) -

Sounds good to me! I've been wanting a DW style game after N3. And the ability to play a Goron without a mask? I'm in!

#7 Posted by Sepewrath (28690 posts) -

This is the kind of game where a demo should have been released. Carrying that Dynasty Warriors burden cant hurt this game, its best if they put it out for people to play and see its more than a DW reskin.

#8 Posted by juboner (404 posts) -

@pikachudude860: I do not trust your opinion. Of course it will have some things different more Zelda like than DW.

#9 Edited by PikachuDude860 (562 posts) -

@juboner said:

@pikachudude860: I do not trust your opinion. Of course it will have some things different more Zelda like than DW.

I sure it will have a lot of Zelda things in it. I've quite a bit recently from the Hyrule Warriors Direct.

If you don't believe me, then go to Target or someplace and try the game out for yourself.

#10 Posted by Sphensen (736 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

I'm with you on this one. Nintendo has some of the best multi-player experiences, I wish they supported online play with more games. *cough* NintendoLand *cough*

#11 Posted by jcrame10 (154 posts) -

@KBFloYd: I'll play with you! haha *thought that counts*

#12 Posted by yokofox33 (29373 posts) -

Cool. Glad to know it's turning out nicely. Excited for this game!

#13 Edited by KBFloYd (13201 posts) -
#14 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1320 posts) -

Nope, Hyrule Warriors is still utter trash.

#15 Edited by sonic_spark (4599 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

Agreed. I'm sure to be the only one of my friends to play this. I could see this game having a solid online community if it reviews well. There's supposed to be "long-term" support. Hopefully an online mode is not too far behind.

#16 Posted by Solaryellow (464 posts) -

Playing for only a minute so I wouldn't ruin the fun when it releases, Hyrule Warriors was quite enjoyable. Watching game play videos online of a Wii U title never does the game justice. In person it looked pretty good and it captured all of the typical flair of the Zelda series. Even while it was loading Link was chasing an Octorok which, although small, was a comical.