Smash Bros Online needs a patch

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

to remove the shittiness.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but you cant:

do any other type of matches other than the 2 minute ones.

party up with a friend online and play against other people

party up with a friend and even play against AI. lolol.

Why is this MP so shitty and lacking in any real choice for the player. This is inexcusable. The bare bones is pathetic, I'm pretty sure no new features have been added in from the Wii version as this is how I remember it being, I can't remember 100% though.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

You can party with a friend to play against AI. Start a room then fill out the empty slots with CPU.

You're definitely right in your overall point, though. The community should be populated enough to offer some variety without cutting player counts too low for any one particular mode. The For Glory people have their mode, but the rest of us want to play the game to its fullest online. Limiting it to two-minute standard matches with randoms puts a big cap on the potential.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@JordanElek said:

You can party with a friend to play against AI. Start a room then fill out the empty slots with CPU.

You're definitely right in your overall point, though. The community should be populated enough to offer some variety without cutting player counts too low for any one particular mode. The For Glory people have their mode, but the rest of us want to play the game to its fullest online. Limiting it to two-minute standard matches with randoms puts a big cap on the potential.

he probably doesnt even have the game.

he just went to his friends house to play it and those dummies couldnt figure out how to put on AI lol

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jcrame10

@KBFloYd: um, i do own the game, and no matter how big of a fanboy you are, it doesnt change the fact that this games online capabilities are ass. wahhh wahhh i give legit complaints and thats the best you can come up with? the fact that this thread has no posts literally reeks of the nintendo fanboy syndrome. seriously anyone who owns a modern system like ps4 or xbox one would be just as pissed as i am at how nintendo robs their customers once again.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jcrame10

@JordanElek: cool. Honestly just figured it was for real players. The "waiting..." Gives the impression

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@jcrame10:

First of all by saying a "Patch is needed" you make it sound like its broken. When it's not, however,

1st: Yeah if they had For Fun matches be 3 minutes, and For Glory Matches be 3-4 stocks instead it would be better.

2nd: I agree that would be nice, you CAN do that LOCALLY. If you and a friend are playing on one Wii U, you can team up against others.

3rd: You want to play against AI with a friend? AGAIN LOCAL MULTIPLAYER. ONLINE is ONLINE CAUSE YOU PLAY AGAINST PEOPLE lol.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Wtf. I did not know you can only play 2 minute matches. That really sucks. I also greatly prefer stock. Too bad, smash will yet again be local multi only for me. Lets hope Ninty gets online right in 2025.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jcrame10

@Master_Of_Fools: it IS broken because it lacks what is needed. It needs fixed ASAP. The fact that none of the complaints (like being able to change game rules online) that were addressed 6 years ago have been fixed, means it's broken. There's no reason that most of the features offline wouldn't be available for online in this type of game. As a consumer buying a 300 dolla console and a 60 dollar game, I want to feel choices and not restriction.

On your last point, I agree for the most part. But when my friend and I got bored of 1v1, and realized we couldn't play online against others, we wanted to play against AI. At least now I know we can do that.

However, I'm not 16 anymore and getting people together to play locally is tough with college, work, kids, etc. The friend I was playing with that day lives in New York and I'm in Ohio, so local multiplayer isn't really an option. Or having him come over and do 2v2 online. Bummer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
Member since 2014 • 322 Posts

Yeah the online mode isn't great.

Beyond the lack of features, online stability isn't great either. Some matches played perfectly fine, then some other matches were so unstable that a 2 minute match ended up lasting around 5 minutes. I only tried For Fun mode because I want to play with four players with items. It's likely not an issue in For Glory mode.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KBFloYd

@jcrame10 said:

@Master_Of_Fools: it IS broken because it lacks what is needed. It needs fixed ASAP. The fact that none of the complaints (like being able to change game rules online) that were addressed 6 years ago have been fixed, means it's broken. There's no reason that most of the features offline wouldn't be available for online in this type of game. As a consumer buying a 300 dolla console and a 60 dollar game, I want to feel choices and not restriction.

On your last point, I agree for the most part. But when my friend and I got bored of 1v1, and realized we couldn't play online against others, we wanted to play against AI. At least now I know we can do that.

However, I'm not 16 anymore and getting people together to play locally is tough with college, work, kids, etc. The friend I was playing with that day lives in New York and I'm in Ohio, so local multiplayer isn't really an option. Or having him come over and do 2v2 online. Bummer.

its coming in a patch... there will be an ability to create tournaments....im sure stock and other options will be available.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jcrame10

@KBFloYd: source?

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

That isn't broken, those are feature requests. Stop being a shithead.

I'm having a great time in for glory.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KBFloYd

@jcrame10 said:

@KBFloYd: source?

its in the smash bros 50 facts direct...

let me watch it again.

yup..

Loading Video...

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

Lack of options but overall still enjoyable. If you like playing with someone you meet you can add them on the spot.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KBFloYd

@thedude- said:

Lack of options but overall still enjoyable. If you like playing with someone you meet you can add them on the spot.

really? ithought you had to launch the friend app and check recent users played with list to add them.

so theres an option at the end of the match to add someone?

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JigglyWiggly_

@KBFloYd said:

@thedude- said:

really? ithought you had to launch the friend app and check recent users played with list to add them.

Press x after a game and you can add them to your friends.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jcrame10

@JigglyWiggly_: you didnt have too many expectations, i take it?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jcrame10

@KBFloYd: loss for words as to why they would advertise the biggest appeal to the online portion of the game, and it wasnt even available during release.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JigglyWiggly_

@jcrame10 said:

@JigglyWiggly_: you didnt have too many expectations, i take it?

All I wanted was decent netcode really.

I'd love for there to be tiers in for glory so that your average winrate should around 50%. That and the ability to invite online friends for 2v2's, but that may come eventually.

For glory matches are 5 minutes op, 2 minutes is for the "for fun" gametype.

Also there are online tournaments, check smashladder http://www.smashladder.com/

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

The netcode is what truly matters. The other features can be added. The netcode is good thankfully this time around.

8 player Party rooms would be nice (still be 4 players in the match but 8 in the room so 4 watch while the others fight then let players ready up after the match).

I don't mind the 2 minute thing but I do like stocks better.

Overall I'm satisfied with the online experience.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

The problem with stock(the problem they likely see) is for weaker players its not fun. A weaker player can be cut out the match 30 seconds in and then have to wait there for however long it takes for the others to finish a stock match. I actually can agree with the decision to timed matches, my win percentage is just under 50%, so I don't lose every time nor win, but it would get old watching the last two survivors roll dodge for 2 mins to save that last life. Many people whole lose early on would disconnect after waiting a long time and end the fight. Timed matches allow everyone to be in it, beginning to end, its better for online play.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KBFloYd

@Sepewrath said:

The problem with stock(the problem they likely see) is for weaker players its not fun. A weaker player can be cut out the match 30 seconds in and then have to wait there for however long it takes for the others to finish a stock match. I actually can agree with the decision to timed matches, my win percentage is just under 50%, so I don't lose every time nor win, but it would get old watching the last two survivors roll dodge for 2 mins to save that last life. Many people whole lose early on would disconnect after waiting a long time and end the fight. Timed matches allow everyone to be in it, beginning to end, its better for online play.

good point

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

@thedude- said:

After a match is over, you press X I believe. This gives you the option to look at their Miiverse profile or simply add them.

This is monumental in the snail's race that Nintendo has launched toward the digital information sharing age!

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jcrame10

@Sepewrath: they should probably get better before entering online then, as thats how it works for every other game. And Nintendo could give us choices and have it be stock or time. That way noob players could still choose time.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

> Nintendo

> Online done right.

Pick one.

datadyne51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 datadyne51
Member since 2005 • 190 Posts
@KBFloYd said:

@Sepewrath said:

good point

It would be good to get a choice. Once you have been defeated online in a stock battle, if you don't want to watch the others fight Nintendo could have a quit option which takes you out of the game. Obviously it'll count as a loss but not a disconnect. Id like to see this in the future as i much prefer stock battles to timed games.