Smash Bros 3DS/WII U Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

YuJoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By YuJoo
Member since 2010 • 27 Posts

Trying to figure out if there's any benefit to owning both copies of the game. Besides the obvious "on the go" and "couch play" reasons. I'm more concerned about unlocking the same stuff twice for both games. Could my stuff from the 3DS version carry over to the Wii U version. Do I get bonuses for having played the 3DS version? Stuff like that.

I apologize if there is some thread about this already, I'm on my way to work and only had time to glance at the previous threads.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i dont think we have heard anything about interconnectivity yet...

you can use the 3ds as a controller for wiiU...thats all ive heard so far. aside from the 3ds version being out almost 2 months before the wiiU version.

i think some stages or assist trohpies and game modes are exclusive to the 3ds version if i recall too.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I own both machines, but I'm just sticking to the Wii U version.

I have the demo of the SSB on 3DS and it wasn't for me, I didn't like the slide analog usage.

Besides, to me, SSB is all about four players on a couch have a blast which only the Wii U supports 4 player couch play.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4217 Posts

The one benefit I know of is the bonus musical CD you get for registering both games on Club Nintendo.

Nobody told you that yet? These forums used to be smarter.