smash bros 3DS demo...favorite character

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

Poll smash bros 3DS demo...favorite character (34 votes)

Mario 9%
Mega man 15%
Pikachu 12%
Link 24%
Villager 18%
i didnt get in the demo 24%

so out of mario,link,villager,pikachu and mega man....who did you find yourself playing best with and enjoying most?

• 
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Naw, lucky people in countries that offer demo's for Platinum.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I was Platinum last year, but didn't get an invite yet... Grrrr

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I've been playing link almost exclusively, but feel like he continues to get nerfed since Brawl. His dash attack and boomerang are not what they used to be.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

Link was always one of my main characters so I played mostly as him. Villiger is fun too though. I was disappointed with MagaMan. Maybe I just need to get used to him.

Also, am I the only one who's hands hurt after playing only a few games? I have an XL too. I'd hate to have a regular 3DS with this game. I don't plan no buying the 3DS version anyways since I'm getting the Wii U one.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Villager is my favorite of the five in the demo, especially his Side+B and he has great recovery.

My least favorite is Megaman, he just feels incredibly weak and slow, I'll keep trying with him though to see if I can find a good way to use him.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I used to be strictly Link until I discovered Villager's true potential. As of right now, I've had most success defeating lv9 CPU with Villager than anyone else.

I surprisingly suck with Pikachu and I need more practice with Megaman.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

Link was always one of my main characters so I played mostly as him. Villiger is fun too though. I was disappointed with MagaMan. Maybe I just need to get used to him.

Also, am I the only one who's hands hurt after playing only a few games? I have an XL too. I'd hate to have a regular 3DS with this game. I don't plan no buying the 3DS version anyways since I'm getting the Wii U one.

i have a regular 3ds...but i have a comfort grip add on...no issues for me at all.

also about mega man guys....i love him....out of all the characters when i started to use mega man thats when i started to dominate.

i think you guys arent using him right. his down smash and up smash are great...his side smash is slow but very powerful...his recovery is pretty damn good.

his b button moves suck though ...

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

@KBFloYd: Maybe. His basic shots feel so weak, but maybe that's the problem. Before now, no one in smash has had there basic attack be a projectile, even characters like Samus and Fox who carry guns, usually have punches and kicks as there base attacks with there bullets been there special attacks.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Link

Everyone else just doesn't have the distance, you're all up on top of someone and that allows easy retaliation.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KBFloYd

@spike6958 said:

@KBFloYd: Maybe. His basic shots feel so weak, but maybe that's the problem. Before now, no one in smash has had there basic attack be a projectile, even characters like Samus and Fox who carry guns, usually have punches and kicks as there base attacks with there bullets been there special attacks.

his projectile basic attack is actually good....it stops others people attacks....if you spam it the other player gets immobilized.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

Link

Everyone else just doesn't have the distance, you're all up on top of someone and that allows easy retaliation.

Except Megaman. His charge shot is awesome as a side smash since it has distance and goes through everyone.

I still prefer Link, though. He's been my goto since Melee. I like to play with random characters usually, but when I really want to play with someone I know, I play as Link.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@trugs26 said:

where are you? in AU?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 trugs26

@superbuuman said:

@trugs26 said:

where are you? in AU?

Yeah, in New Zealand. Same system as Aussie.

But, thanks to @Tokeism, he gave me a download code ^_^ It's downloading now =D

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@trugs26 said:

@superbuuman said:

@trugs26 said:

where are you? in AU?

Yeah, in New Zealand. Same system as Aussie.

But, thanks to @Tokeism, he gave me a download code ^_^ It's downloading now =D

Ah nice! :)

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#15 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

After getting the e-mail from Nintendo ( a big surprise, I start to really like Nintendo ) I downloaded the demo and I'm still not sure about the game. I must say I only played a few hours of Melee on GC and this is about it. I still have a hard time getting what the fuss is all about.

As for caracter I did love Mega Man even though he is slow ... otherwise I liked how the Villager handles but I still don't really get what I'm doing, it is really different from most fighing game , even quite different than Naruto's.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KBFloYd

@Coco_pierrot said:

After getting the e-mail from Nintendo ( a big surprise, I start to really like Nintendo ) I downloaded the demo and I'm still not sure about the game. I must say I only played a few hours of Melee on GC and this is about it. I still have a hard time getting what the fuss is all about.

As for caracter I did love Mega Man even though he is slow ... otherwise I liked how the Villager handles but I still don't really get what I'm doing, it is really different from most fighing game , even quite different than Naruto's.

try fighting only 1 cpu....but put him at level 9

this will give an idea at what smash is about...single player

try playing with a friend or wait for the full game to play online. for multiplyer

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts

If anyone with an NA 3DS still has a code to spare, I would be more than willing to accept one. :)

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@JordanElek said:

@Jaysonguy said:

Link

Except Megaman. His charge shot is awesome as a side smash since it has distance and goes through everyone.

I still prefer Link, though. He's been my goto since Melee. I like to play with random characters usually, but when I really want to play with someone I know, I play as Link.

Toon Link is my goto guy.

Megaman's problem is that I think his shot is going to condition people to slow down their attacks. That's fine for single player but in head to head it's going to lead to a lot of losses because the action is so much faster.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Link. He feels the most familiar and powerful.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

mine is villager.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

Link is still my main, Mega Man is a lot of fun to play as too.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

Pikachu is my most familiar.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I usuallly fight with Pikachu. He is fast his moves are decent and his quick attack is good for keeping in the game. Although I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a great fighter in Smash.

johnnycage55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By johnnycage55
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I've been playing the demo since Friday and I have to say that Villager is my favourite so far of the newcomers available. I mean both him and Mega Man have unconventional movesets to what I'm used to but I'm enjoying them both. I think I like Villager more just because of the strange smash and special attacks. I do believe that out of the veterans that Link is the best, he's always been one of my favourites since the N64 game, but here he seems beefed up and that shield is WAY more useful that it's been in the past.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34591 Posts

What is this talk about platinum and getting a code? Guess I'm lucky, cause I just downloaded the demo from the e-shop like all other demos..

Anyway, I liked all of the characters. I'm not good with villager, though. I'm best with Link, but I also really liked Megaman. Mario is always fun, being quick and quite powerful. I really like what I've played of the game so far.. Can't wait till release!

Btw, I really hated how you can't change the controls in the demo.. They feel awful.. I've gotten kind of used to them now since I've played the demo quite a lot, but it's gonna be nice to be able to change them..

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 trugs26

Personally I found the Villager to be the most interesting.