shovel knight patch 1.1 (3DS/WiiU) adds pro controller

#1 Posted by KBFloYd (13155 posts) -

Yacht Club Games has detailed the latest patch for Shovel Knight on the Wii U and 3DS. Checkout all the fixes below. The update is already available for PC users.

General

•Fix: Timing issue where the Inventory screen could be opened with the game unpaused.

•Fix: Getting captured by Treasure Knight’s chest while using the Ichor of Boldness leading to a missing Shovel Knight.

•Fix: Cheats not carried over in New Game+ when a file is reloaded.

•Fix: Falling into pit during final boss battles leading to soft lock.

•Fix: Escaping final battle with Propeller Dagger.

•Fix: Fall through floor if using Dust Knuckle when defeating Polar Knight during Round Table.

•Fix: Enchantress blocks frozen by creative Chaos Orb use.

•Fix: Entering Enchantress fight with shovel drop causing crash.

•Tweak: Fixed a portrait and added one slacker to the Hall of Champions.

Wii U

•Game can now be played with out the GamePad! “Please re-connect GamePad” message will only display if it was your last used controller before disconnect or if you were displaying the game on the GamePad screen.

•Fix: Music not resuming if a Miiverse post is selected while the inventory is open on screen.

3DS

•NEW! Update option on the main menu makes updating to new versions of Shovel Knight a breeze! Welcome to the internet future, medieval knight man!

•Fix: Home menu crash issues

http://playeressence.com/shovel-knight-update-1-1-hitting-wii-u-and-3ds-soon-full-patch-notes-below/

#2 Posted by trugs26 (5294 posts) -

Nice to see an indie game still being maintained post launch.

#3 Edited by Chozofication (2760 posts) -

That's good, it's insane to not support the Wii U pro when you literally don't need the gamepad for anything. Pushmo i'm looking at you... and it's also irritating when you have that mirror image on the gamepad when you're playing on the TV, there should be something different like a map or inventory screen on there if nothing else.

#4 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -

I'd buy this if Nintendo had a unified account system. Too bad. Maybe it'll be ported over to the next Nintendo system. My actual NES will suffice until that day comes. I've made the conscious decision to boycott the eShop because it's simply not worth it.

#5 Edited by KBFloYd (13155 posts) -

@Star0 said:

I'd buy this if Nintendo had a unified account system. Too bad. Maybe it'll be ported over to the next Nintendo system. My actual NES will suffice until that day comes. I've made the conscious decision to boycott the eShop because it's simply not worth it.

whats the point of a unified account anyway?

look at sony....they are charging you to play all your games over again with playstation now subsciption.

all the psn indie games from the ps3 arent even playable on your ps4.

they are charging you for the same games over and over. no different from nintendo.

#6 Edited by Star0 (443 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:

@Star0 said:

look at sony....they are charging you to play all your games over again with playstation now subsciption.

they are charging you for the same games over and over. no different from nintendo.

What's the point? The point is I'm sick of being forced to re-buy games I've already purchased so I will stop buying eShop games altogether. If you're happy with that then all power to you, but I think most folk aren't.

I don't understand why whenever someone criticises Nintendo for bending customers over the table they just can't help themselves but to mention Sony's practices.

Is this some sort of reflex action? Is it contagious?

PS Now is brilliant. You pay a monthly fee, but it's immeasurably much more value so I do not see how you can criticise it. It's cheaper to pay the monthly fee and likely get a whole lot more games through top-up packs than to re-buy the individual titles as per their regular PSN prices.

I don't know about you, but I'd prefer that than continually having to re-buy single titles again and again which would wind up costing MORE.

Either Nintendo should buck up and adopt a free PSN style account system or introduce a pay monthly Nintendo+ streaming service for their classic games. Why do they have to be stuck in the past?

#7 Edited by KBFloYd (13155 posts) -

@Star0 said:

What's the point? The point is I'm sick of being forced to re-buy games I've already purchased so I will stop buying eShop games altogether. If you're happy with that then all power to you, but I think most folk aren't.

I don't understand why whenever someone criticises Nintendo for bending customers over the table they just can't help themselves but to mention Sony's practices.

Is this some sort of reflex action? Is it contagious?

PS Now is brilliant. You pay a monthly fee, but it's immeasurably much more value so I do not see how you can criticise it. It's cheaper to pay the monthly fee and likely get a whole lot more games through top-up packs than to re-buy the individual titles as per their regular PSN prices.

I don't know about you, but I'd prefer that than continually having to re-buy single titles again and again which would wind up costing MORE.

Either Nintendo should buck up and adopt a free PSN style account system or introduce a pay monthly Nintendo+ streaming service for their classic games. Why do they have to be stuck in the past?

sony are charging you all over again with the ps4...making all your ps3 indie games and regular games unusable.

yet nintendo with the wiiU lets you play all your wii games and all the old wiishop games you bought on your wiiU.

sony is bending you over more than nintendo this gen.

#8 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -

@KBFloYd:

And those Wiishop games probably won't transfer to the next Nintendo console because they have no account system in place and people like you will complain about it and praise some lame ambassador program aimed at consoling bent over early adopters (3DS). I really couldn't care less about Wiishop games, I want all the classic FAMIDISK/FAMICOM/NES/SNES/GBC/GBA/N64 titles in as few purchases as possible and a PS Now-like service would be much more value for money.

I'm not talking about indie fames so let's please stick to the subject. If YOU couldn't help but buy a bunch of indie PSN games in the past which are now non-transferable then tough luck, but again your point has no merit. The Wii U eShop was launched near enough released in 2013. PSN was launched near enough in 2007. Everything since PSN was implemented can be transferred to the PS3. Nothing apart from Wiishop games can be transferred to the Wii U and Nintendo had 6 years to figure it out. My last Sony system was a PS2 and for me PS Now is perfect because it offers something which Nintendo simply does not, classic games at an affordable price. I don't even want to play any old PS games, but the option is there.

Both sets of customers of getting screwed over in certain ways yet Nintendo fanatics somehow find a way of making Ninty look better. It boggles the mind.

#9 Edited by darkspineslayer (19546 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Star0 said:

Except not really.

anything the system natively supports, like Vita playing PS1 games, i can just use. I don't have to pay them full price to have it on Vita and PS3/4. Meanwhile, there are plenty of examples such as Flower, Spelunky, Sound Shapes, and Escape Plan where because I bought it on another system, i could just download it when it came to PS4. This is only talking about older games that arrived for free on the PS4 after the fact for previous owners. let's not even get into cross buy at large.

Meanwhile, if I wanted to play Super Mario Bros 3 on both 3DS and Wii U, i get to pay full price for both. I already bought the game on the Wii as well? tough shit, i can transfer the game off my Wii forever and still get to pay a dollar for it to get it native to the new console.

PS Now is only a small part of the equation, and in all reality, it's a different equation completely.

#10 Edited by KBFloYd (13155 posts) -

@Star0 said:

@KBFloYd:

And those Wiishop games probably won't transfer to the next Nintendo console because they have no account system in place and people like you will complain about it and praise some lame ambassador program aimed at consoling bent over early adopters (3DS). I really couldn't care less about Wiishop games, I want all the classic FAMIDISK/FAMICOM/NES/SNES/GBC/GBA/N64 titles in as few purchases as possible and a PS Now-like service would be much more value for money.

I'm not talking about indie fames so let's please stick to the subject. If YOU couldn't help but buy a bunch of indie PSN games in the past which are now non-transferable then tough luck, but again your point has no merit. The Wii U eShop was launched near enough released in 2013. PSN was launched near enough in 2007. Everything since PSN was implemented can be transferred to the PS3. Nothing apart from Wiishop games can be transferred to the Wii U and Nintendo had 6 years to figure it out. My last Sony system was a PS2 and for me PS Now is perfect because it offers something which Nintendo simply does not, classic games at an affordable price. I don't even want to play any old PS games, but the option is there.

Both sets of customers of getting screwed over in certain ways yet Nintendo fanatics somehow find a way of making Ninty look better. It boggles the mind.

so in the case of nintendo charging you twice is robbery...

but when sony does it..its tough luck.its ok..deal with it? ok..

@darkspineslayer said:

Except not really.

anything the system natively supports, like Vita playing PS1 games, i can just use. I don't have to pay them full price to have it on Vita and PS3/4. Meanwhile, there are plenty of examples such as Flower, Spelunky, Sound Shapes, and Escape Plan where because I bought it on another system, i could just download it when it came to PS4. This is only talking about older games that arrived for free on the PS4 after the fact for previous owners. let's not even get into cross buy at large.

Meanwhile, if I wanted to play Super Mario Bros 3 on both 3DS and Wii U, i get to pay full price for both. I already bought the game on the Wii as well? tough shit, i can transfer the game off my Wii forever and still get to pay a dollar for it to get it native to the new console.

PS Now is only a small part of the equation, and in all reality, it's a different equation completely.

all your virtual console games from wii got transfered to your wiiU....and you got discounted on those same games on the wiiU eshop.

nintendo has already created the NNID which is used for 3ds and wiiU.....all your purchases are now tied to that one account.....basically making it a unified account.....no doubt all your purchases will be save for the next system nintendo releases.

#11 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -

@KBFloYd:

You're not listening. I can't tolerate fanboys.