should SE port FF14 to the Wii U?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
Howdy do people. Well as 14 is MMORPG just like 11 was when released on the PS2 many moon ago do you think that there is much chance of SE following this trend and porting 14 to the Wii U?!
#2 Posted by thundercave01 (97 posts) -

you actually want this crap to spawn to other consoles....

#3 Posted by thundercave01 (97 posts) -

#4 Posted by svaubel (2457 posts) -

You mean that MMO that bombed right out of the gate and everyone instantly forgot about?

Why do you want it ported to consoles? SE cant even get it right for PC

#5 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

thundercave01
From what i understand it is being rereleased on PC and is in Beta stage.
#6 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -
You're better off just playing Runescape.
#7 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
You're better off just playing Runescape.LittleMac19
Why is the re-released version still crap then?
#8 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="LittleMac19"]You're better off just playing Runescape.dobzilian
Why is the re-released version still crap then?

Because a polished bad game is still a bad game. The game is fundamentally bad, no amount of polish will make it good.

#9 Posted by roboccs (6957 posts) -

For everyone who is hating on the game, let's give the re-release a chance. From what I read, it's a completely different game now. I don't think they just "polished" it, I think they changed things around so now the game is functionally different.

That being said, I doubt it gets a WiiU release. Square probably lost there arses on this game so I'm guessing it'll have to be SUPER successful for them to want to invest in another port.

#10 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4695 posts) -
For Japan? Sure, why not. They eat up that kind of stuff. Everyone else? No. Just give us all other Square Enix games like that new FF13 game and all projects going forward and I'm happy OH AND BRING DRAGON QUEST HEROES: ROCKET SLIME 3 TO THE USA IN SOME FORM! That's all I want from Square.
#11 Posted by JustPlainLucas (73794 posts) -
I'm hoping that the revamp will have fixed a majority of problems with the game, because I would really like to play it.
#12 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -
I'd rather they port Final Fantasy Versus XIII to the Wii-U. Better yet, make it an exclusive. If people flipped their sh!t over Bayonetta 2, the meltdowns for this would be the stuff of legends.
#13 Posted by roboccs (6957 posts) -
I'd rather they port Final Fantasy Versus XIII to the Wii-U. Better yet, make it an exclusive. If people flipped their sh!t over Bayonetta 2, the meltdowns for this would be the stuff of legends.1PMrFister
:lol: This. I would kill to see the fallout that would occur.
#14 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

The worst received Final Fantasy and possibly even MMO ever? No thanks.

#15 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

I don't see why it is needed; The Wii U is getting an MMO (Dragon Quest X) and Dragon Quest sells better in Japan then Final Fantasy.

#16 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

I can wait for Final Fantasy XV. From what I have heard XIV is awful.

#17 Posted by Bangerman15 (1977 posts) -
dude 14 sucks, I got the collectors edition when it came out and only played it for a few months, it wasn't even worth playing when it was f2p for awhile LOL. its such a horrible game ff11 was a lot better, unless that rerelease literally changes everything like they said it would, then you and nobody else should waste your time playing the broken, unfinished game that ff14 is
#18 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
dude 14 sucks, I got the collectors edition when it came out and only played it for a few months, it wasn't even worth playing when it was f2p for awhile LOL. its such a horrible game ff11 was a lot better, unless that rerelease literally changes everything like they said it would, then you and nobody else should waste your time playing the broken, unfinished game that ff14 isBangerman15
Thats why i never touched it and wasnt going to but i heard that it was being re-released with all the issues resolved and some major modifications in the game mechanics. I was just seeing what people thought of SE releasing 14 on the Wii U just out of causing general conversation. It could be for the worse these changes lol.
#19 Posted by mariokart64fan (19439 posts) -

I'd rather they port Final Fantasy Versus XIII to the Wii-U. Better yet, make it an exclusive. If people flipped their sh!t over Bayonetta 2, the meltdowns for this would be the stuff of legends.1PMrFister
no , I think they should make the following a wii u exclusive

*resident evil 7

* gta 6

* rock n roll racing 2

* timesplitters 4

* call of duty modern warfare 4

* final fantasy 14

* mgs 5

* rainbow six vegas 3

now there really would be meltdowns suicides and complaints streight to washington lol

#20 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -
I don't see why not. If other people want to play it on WiiU I don't see any reason to restrict them. They can play bad games if they want.
#21 Posted by Bangerman15 (1977 posts) -
[QUOTE="Bangerman15"]dude 14 sucks, I got the collectors edition when it came out and only played it for a few months, it wasn't even worth playing when it was f2p for awhile LOL. its such a horrible game ff11 was a lot better, unless that rerelease literally changes everything like they said it would, then you and nobody else should waste your time playing the broken, unfinished game that ff14 isdobzilian
Thats why i never touched it and wasnt going to but i heard that it was being re-released with all the issues resolved and some major modifications in the game mechanics. I was just seeing what people thought of SE releasing 14 on the Wii U just out of causing general conversation. It could be for the worse these changes lol.

yea but I learned my lesson, definitely not buying the rerelease when it comes out but hopefully they do some free trial for people or something so they can actually see the so called 'changes" they made themselves
#22 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
[QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="Bangerman15"]dude 14 sucks, I got the collectors edition when it came out and only played it for a few months, it wasn't even worth playing when it was f2p for awhile LOL. its such a horrible game ff11 was a lot better, unless that rerelease literally changes everything like they said it would, then you and nobody else should waste your time playing the broken, unfinished game that ff14 isBangerman15

yea but I learned my lesson, definitely not buying the rerelease when it comes out but hopefully they do some free trial for people or something so they can actually see the so called 'changes" they made themselves

What was the main flaws with the previous release anyways?! I loved XI and played it on and off for a couple of years. Think my highest job was 68 Warrior, 50 thief, 50 rdm, 55 mnk, 65 sam...