Should I sell my DK Tropical Freeze?

#1 Posted by MDK12345 (1074 posts) -

I just beat the game. Not 100 percent, but kind of tired of it now. It was a little too hard for me. I'm really into game collecting. I'm a very nostalgic gamer. But the problem is that I only seem to value game collecting pre HD. There are exceptions of course, but After that, I don't know, it's just not the same in terms of feel. Now that I'm done with DK, not sure what use I have for it. However, DK was the sole reason I even bought a Wii U, so feelings are mixed. There just isn't a whole lot I'm crazy about on the Wii U unfortunately.

#2 Posted by KBFloYd (13629 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

I just beat the game. Not 100 percent, but kind of tired of it now. It was a little too hard for me. I'm really into game collecting. I'm a very nostalgic gamer. But the problem is that I only seem to value game collecting pre HD. There are exceptions of course, but After that, I don't know, it's just not the same in terms of feel. Now that I'm done with DK, not sure what use I have for it. However, DK was the sole reason I even bought a Wii U, so feelings are mixed. There just isn't a whole lot I'm crazy about on the Wii U unfortunately.

sell it...use the money for something else. game was a flop anyway.

i liked it though :)

#3 Posted by Meinhard1 (6769 posts) -

Personally I'd never sell my copy. The game was something special, for DK fans like myself.

But there won't be any DLC or anything. You're tired of it and don't feel like collecting, so why not?

#4 Posted by MDK12345 (1074 posts) -

@Meinhard1 said:

Personally I'd never sell my copy. The game was something special, for DK fans like myself.

But there won't be any DLC or anything. You're tired of it and don't feel like collecting, so why not?

Yea... see that's the thing. I'm like you and don't like to sell my stuff, especially since I bought DK for the Wii U or the Wii U for DK.

What is DLC? See I don't value this game as part of my collection, but in 5 years I might. That's what happened with previous consoles. Nostalgia pulls you back. But I'm not sure if this/last gen will ever be the same as the previous ones.

#5 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8489 posts) -

I say keep it. I never sell any of my Nintendo games I consider them all collectible.

#6 Edited by The-Butcher248 (143 posts) -

I'd say keep it... but then again are you a gamer who goes back and plays old games? If so, Keep it! If not, sell it.

#7 Posted by sonic-boom (347 posts) -

Collect experiences, not things.

#8 Edited by Sgt_Crow (4391 posts) -

Besides going for the 100% there isn't much replay-ability.

I myself don't sell my games either (especially not Nintendo games), but if you need the money, DKC:TF would be a game to sell for now.

#9 Posted by juboner (455 posts) -

I say give it to me for the help I gave you. jk

#10 Posted by PikminWorld (173 posts) -

I can understand your viewpoint. I also hate selling things. I usually will get confident in selling it but, when the time comes my hoarding habits come back haha. I'm not sure though, I'd say keep it, I enjoyed the game a lot and you never know, you might want to play it later or see if it becomes something worthwhile later on in the coming years. That's unfortunate that you don't see anything interesting on the Wii U right now, though I wouldn't give up on it yet personally, as long as you have some other platform to buy other games (which I'm guessing you do with that Infamous picture).

#11 Posted by chimchargirl (85 posts) -

You shouldn sell it.

You can be bored now but in the future you can play it.

#12 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7279 posts) -

I never sell a game that I even moderately enjoy.