should i get a wii or wiiu or neither?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

norsecrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 norsecrusader
Member since 2013 • 74 Posts
ok ive never owned either system mainly cuz im not really into the hole motion sensor, i like a controller. are either of them worth getting if im not really into the motion gaming at all?
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Motion controls aren't as prominent as you might think. Especially outside of minigame collections.

Other than that, it depends on whether or not you like the look of the games.  

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts
[QUOTE="norsecrusader"]ok ive never owned either system mainly cuz im not really into the hole motion sensor, i like a controller. are either of them worth getting if im not really into the motion gaming at all?

I personally feel mario galaxy 2 alone warrants buying a will or a wii u.. you dont want to splurge on a wii u that is fine.. get a used wii.. i have seen those floating around ebay for as less as 50$
blegit97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blegit97
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
It all depends on how much you love Nintendo exclusives. I am not a big fan of the exclusives except for Pokemon and Fire Emblem so I am just sticking to 3ds. It is still early in the WiiU's lifespan, so there might be an improvement to the software lineup in the upcoming years. Until then, I wouldn't bother unless you are a die hard Nintendo fan. If motion control is your concern, not oo many games outside of mini-game collections use them.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
There are plenty of Wii games that only have minimal motion control(and a pretty good number that have none as a choice with a classic or gamecube controller). Also, Gamecube games can be played on the Wii.
Thesuperstar2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 1

#6 Thesuperstar2k
Member since 2012 • 372 Posts
Get a Wii
norsecrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 norsecrusader
Member since 2013 • 74 Posts
It all depends on how much you love Nintendo exclusives. I am not a big fan of the exclusives except for Pokemon and Fire Emblem so I am just sticking to 3ds. It is still early in the WiiU's lifespan, so there might be an improvement to the software lineup in the upcoming years. Until then, I wouldn't bother unless you are a die hard Nintendo fan. If motion control is your concern, not oo many games outside of mini-game collections use them.blegit97
yea i really want to play the marios, zeldas, some of the resident evil exclusives.
simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts
[QUOTE="norsecrusader"]ok ive never owned either system mainly cuz im not really into the hole motion sensor, i like a controller. are either of them worth getting if im not really into the motion gaming at all?

If you don't like motion controls then the obvious answer is the Wii U as, unlike the Wii, the main controller isn't motion-control based. Also, it can emulate the wii so its like getting two consoles in one.
Bramblefang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Bramblefang
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Like an earlier post stated, many of the Wii games that I find pretty well-made use minimal motion control. Games like Wii Sports and Wii Party seem to use motion control more than games such as Super Mario Galaxy or The Legend of Zelda. If you are not wanting to spend too much money, the Wii might be a better option for you since the Wii U is still pretty expensice at around $300+. However, the Wii U can emulate Wii games. I don't believe the Wii U relies on motion control, and you get the option to play Wii U games in HD!  The only downside it that you won't get to play Gamecube games you may own on the Wii U.

I would recommend researching both consoles and seeing which is more to your liking.

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
Buy the Wii U when you see enough games you want to play.
Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Get a wii, and a pro controller.

The wii has a pretty big library of good games on it. Plus it will cost a lot less.

I wouldnt even touch a wiiu for at least another year because the games on it suck. I bought a wiiu at launch and Ive regretted it ever since. I play gamecube games on my wii more than I play my wiiu.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I bought the Wii and Wii U at launch.
I would suggest buying a Wii U, but FOR A DEAL. Find a price cheaper than $350, but make sure it's the premium model. I'd buy new, and that means waiting for holiday sales or a Nintendo price drop.

Then, you got yourself a Wii in the package.