Should I buy A Wii U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattahn123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattahn123
Member since 2015 • 34 Posts

Thanks

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I don't know.

mattahn123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mattahn123

@trugs26: Thanks anyway. :D

Wirrexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wirrexx
Member since 2003 • 1738 Posts

heeeeeey, a PS4 owner and former X360 owner.

Let me get straight to the part.

I for one don't own a Wii U. And there's a reason for that. The reason is not "it does not have games". Because believe it or not, The games that are on the Wii, they will never see the daylight on an other console. I've been and will always love and thank Nintendo for the games that they've been giving me over the past years and there's so much thoughts in those games and less buggy than anything on PS4 or X1.

So why do i not own a WII U? Firstly, i'm a student and cannot afford one, the PS4 i have, i got as a christmas gift, which i'm enjoying a lot. Secondly, Why i want to buy a Wii U? easy, i've had so many friends over the past months ,and everytime we want to play a 4 player game for PS4, it's fifa! How much fun is that? Imagine having Martio party, Kart, Super smash with more. Nintendo is still staying by the wonderfull idea of having fun sitting next to eachother. There's litteraly few better feelings than beating your friends in a game when they're sitting next to you.

I feel like 3rd party support is lacking, but not because of the "hardware" because Wii, was a lot worse than X360 and PS3 and still outsold both of the consoles. I Think it's merely because on Wii, Nintendo really want to push the idea of split screen more than any other console. That could be a deal breaker for studios!

So for your question? If you love games, Nintendo Consoles and games are a way to go!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Well the last poster is incredibly sad....that was embarrassing.

As for the Wii U?

It's a dead console with not many games made for it, it misses all of the third party games, and Nintendo already announced new hardware.

It has one of the worst libraries with close to no diversity.

No, do not.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#6 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Are you okay with buying a system purely for Nintendo published content?

Yes -> Buy

No -> Don't buy

Are 3rd party games important to you?

Yes -> Do you have another platform to play these on?

Yes -> Buy

No -> Does your interest in 3rd party franchises outweigh your interest in Nintendo's?

Yes -> Don't buy

No -> Buy

No -> Buy

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Just buy a refurb. $200 and you're all set.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

If you enjoy Nintendo games, Wii U has some of the most epic Nintendo games ever made.

You could buy a PS4 or Xbox One, but then again you could also buy a PC. I game on PC and Wii U, they both have the best competitive games. Since you already have PS4, Wii U would be a great match.

mattahn123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mattahn123

Thank you everyone for the help! After a bit more research, I have decided to wait a year or two until the next console is available from Nintendo. That is, only if they keep making motion controller games. There is something about them I really like. After Nintendo released the Wii U, it was a highly under-rated console. Though it is making a recovery, I am going to wait for the next console (when they iron out the problems). My guess is that Nintendo won't be destroying the idea of the gamepad, and the console will probably be called a Wii U 2. Lets hope Nintendo have realised their mistakes with the Wii U. I am looking forward to the future lineup of Nintendo :D!

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iandizion713

@mattahn123: Np mate, take your time. Nintendo always makes epic consoles, so next console will be awesome just like this one is. Yeah Gamepad will not go away, its fun to play games on a second dedicated screen. I game on mine in the bed with the TV off. I hope NX will be a TV console and a portable handheld built into one.

mattahn123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mattahn123

@iandizion713: Yeah, I sure hope the next one is backwards compatible, also what is 'NX'? Also, I think it should have a touchpad on the back like a PSVITA.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iandizion713

@mattahn123: Nobody knows yet, Nintendo promised it would be different and innovative. They will announce more detail in 2016 most likely at E3 in June. NX means cross, thats all we know, and its a home console Nintendo has stated. It will most likely get released i predict in 2018. Some predict late 2017, but im with the bunch that is predicting late 2018.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

As lifelong Nintendo fan who bought a Wii U, I don't necessarily regret my purchase, but I feel like if I knew what I knew now, I probably wouldn't have bought it.

Most of the games for it are sequels and remasters. So if you want to play an upgraded version of games you've already played before, that's fine. But I just feel like the Wii U (as well as the 3DS) are some of the least innovative and original experiences I've had from Nintendo.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iandizion713

@drekula2:

@drekula2 said:

Yes. The Wii U, Vita, X-One, PS4, and 3DS are all relying on those things. No bias here. That's why I'm avoiding this gen so far, and sticking to retro gaming.

I thought you were avoiding this gen?

Welcome to the Wii U club mate. We glad to have you.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Only if you have another console and if you enjoy Nintendo games.

I like Nintendo games, I have several HHs, a Wii and a GC, actually I'm waiting for those WiiUs to be on clearance before I purchase one just for the Nintendo games for it because there are no other games for it.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

I'm selling my Wii U next week though.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 iandizion713

@drekula2: O, ok, well it was nice having you anyways.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

One can find many reasons why buying a Wii U might be a solid purchase but MP is not one of them. Actually, it is a reason not to buy one.