Should I buy a 3ds xl if I did not like the ds or dsi?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

compu22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Poll Should I buy a 3ds xl if I did not like the ds or dsi? (12 votes)

Yes, You will play the 3ds alot! 50%
No, you will not like it. 50%

Hi, I was thinking about buying a 3ds xl for a while now. Is it worth it? The main reason I did not play my ds or dsi was because I did not have very many games for them. So what do you guys think?

• 
bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Well that depends. Will you be getting many games with your 3DS? Because DS had some good stuff and a lot of it. Any system you buy is only as good as the games you get for it.

equanox214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 equanox214
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts

Maybe im looking at this wrong? Get a 3ds its backwards compatible, so your getting double the game library. You dont even need to have the 3d is on for games

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts

What genres do you like? Considering the 3DS is overall lacking in just about every genre (except fighting games and life simulators) compared to the DS, I would not recommend getting a 3DS as it pretty much is more of the same except with better graphics and 3D.

With that said, I would recommend you look at some of the 3DS's games and see what it has to offer in your preferred genres. After all, not everyone needs to own 10+ games to be satisfied with the system.

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts

@hydralisk86: I stated lacking in the every genre when compared to the DS. And even then, I noted a couple of exceptions.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

@equanox214 said:

Maybe im looking at this wrong? Get a 3ds its backwards compatible, so your getting double the game library. You dont even need to have the 3d is on for games

might as well get a 2ds if you dont mind a smaller handheld then

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

id say...only get it if you leave home a lot...like school or work...

if you mostly stay at home then maybe its not for you.

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

I guess it's difficult to say: when I purchased the 3DS I first left it aside for three months for lack of games (of interest); then I thought I'd buy a Japanese 3DS since there are more games that interest me (and which don't come to the West); unfortunately the 3DS is region locked.

To be honest, I'd rather propose considering buying a PS Vita instead (if you don't own one yet), there are quite some interesting games coming to the Vita this year.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

yes you should.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#10  Edited By Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts

Really depends on what kind of games you like to play. 3DS has a little of everything but it's better if you're going out a lot and want a game to play on the go. Whenever I'm home I don't really touch the 3DS too much anymore.

But then I could just as easily blame Borderlands 2 for that, and not so much the 3DS not having enough to play, since I have plenty to play for it, but not the time to invest.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Im saying no..why?..my primary gaming system is console..handheld is pretty much secondary..& with 3DS its usage is like my DS ..a secondary gaming device. Use console more than my handheld. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

The 3ds is already better than the ds. I never cared for the DS second screen, and the 3ds doesn't seem to force touch down your throat. The game design feels more akin to the gba than the ds, imo.