KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Today Japan saw the launch of what we call Amiibo Wave 2 (which is almost the North American Wave 3 minus Mega Man, Sonic, and Shulk), without the store exclusive limitations North America will see. Among the figures released today were Toon Link and Sheik. While we’d already been told that Toon Link would function the same as Link, unlocking the spinner weapon and other weapons for the Hero of Time, Sheik’s functions had not been revealed. While I’ve been critical of the amiibo crazetwo times, the lack of information behind Sheik’s functionality got the better of me, though I was able to resist purchasing any additional figures.

Sadly, as you can see from the article image, the most interesting part of the figure is the figure itself. Like the Zelda figure, using Sheik with Hyrule Warriors unlocks a 3 star weapon or better for Sheik once a day. While at this point we shouldn’t be surprised by the uninspired use, I felt it would be best to warn fellow HW fans that Sheik is an unnecessary purchase unless you really love the character and need a figure of it. Sheik is certainly one of the more useful HW characters, possessing a water shield that makes receiving an A rank on adventure modemaps easier, but by having only one weapon, the practical function of the amiibo is lost on any veteran of the game. If you’re just purchasing it, a Sheik amiibo may be useful, but not so much for the rest of us.

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2015/01/sheik-amiibo-hyrule-warriors-function-revealed/

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

What were we expecting? Amiibo integration is fairly minimal in HW, period.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

I wanted to get Sheik regardless, but the HW Amiibo integration is pretty weak. Looking forward to the Majora's Mask DLC though. :)

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I buy this stuff to display and collect. The functionality of the amiibo are pretty pointless. Seems like they'll get a bigger boost of use though in Mario Party 10.