Sega genesis/arcade games mastered in 3D with cheats! 3DS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

sega has redone a lot of classic genesis games in 3D...they've released quite a few this december...

Sonic the hedgehog

super hang on

Space Harrier

altered beast

shinobi 3

streets of rage

ecco the dolphin

galaxy force II

------------------------------------

ok...so i bought some of these and they are amazing.. they have cheat codes built in!

on sonic 1...if you choose special on the menu.... then you have the option of picking any stage you want to play. even the final zone and the specia lstage. and you can listen to any song from the game. and you have the option to spin dash in this game.

on altered beast you can choose random in the menu which lets transform into a random beast for each stage...i am a bit sad that there is no extra lives option...makes the game a bit hard....the wii VC version had a 99 lives option. EDIT: turns out all thes game have save states....so you dont need extra lives... you can just save state your way to the end.

super hang on...lets you chose the difficulty and amt of time for each checkpoint...the wii version had this too...but on the 3ds you can extended the time even much further...and if you choose the easiest difficulty then the other racers cant touch you lol..you can go through them! very easy...even wii didnt have this option. you can still get hit from the trees and billboards on the edge of the road though.

on streets of rage...if you choose death fist....then you kill each enemy with 1 punch! lol super easy mode...on the original game you could choose your difficulty... you can do that here too...but you can also choose how many lives you get..(up to 7) and you can choose which stage to start at.. like sonic.

i didnt realize this games were so packed with options and cheats!

i also bought ecco,space harrier and galaxy force2....but havnt tried them yet....who knows what goodies theyll have.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

That's great, and I love those games. But we've seen these titles released so many times now. You can get them on the xbox live market/psn and steam and even buy them bundled in disc form. What took them so long to bring them to the 3ds?

I'm definitely gonna buy sonic, as I cannot resist not having it on the 3ds. :P

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KBFloYd

@2ndwonder said:

That's great, and I love those games. But we've seen these titles released so many times now. You can get them on the xbox live market/psn and steam and even buy them bundled in disc form. What took them so long to bring them to the 3ds?

but they are remastered in 3D :)

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Streets of Rage is good love the music..2 & 3 however I found not so great..movements were more cluncky.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

@2ndwonder said:

but they are remastered in 3D :)

Nice. Good to hear. I wonder how sonic will look in 3d :P

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By OmitName
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

it's fair to assume that 3d means 2d with layers of depth, right? im still a little programmed in thinking 'now in 3d' means polygons and shading.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

I picked up Space Harrier 3D. If you like the game, you're gonna love this version. The 3D works really well, seeing that you're flying into the screen. They added a feature (which can be turned on and off) where the screen tilts as you move, reproducing the moving cabinet of the arcade. It's a neat feature that works best in 2D, since you'd lose that "sweet spot" for 3D fairly often.

I will most likely pick up Galaxy Force 2 because the 3D effect should be just as cool. They also added an enhanced graphics mode, adding things like transparencies for smoke, which I'm sure are helpful since there are so many objects on-screen.

My only wish would be a cross-buy feature since Space Harrier and Super Hang-On are already on the Wii Virtual Arcade. I already have those games but decided to still support M2 and bought Space Harrier 3D. But I don't want to buy every game a second time.

I'd love to see Out Run, Thunder Blade, and Power Drift, to name a few.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

I bought Shinobi 3. It's awesome and stuff, but all it's really accomplished is making me wish I could buy Shinobi Legions.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KBFloYd

ok...so i bought some of these and they are amazing.. they have cheat codes built in!

on sonic 1...if you choose special on the menu.... then you have the option of picking any stage you want to play. even the final zone and the specia lstage. and you can listen to any song from the game. and you have the option to spin dash in this game.

on altered beast you can choose random in the menu which lets transform into a random beast for each stage...i am a bit sad that there is no extra lives option...makes the game a bit hard....the wii VC version had a 99 lives option. EDIT: turns out all thes game have save states....so you dont need extra lives... you can just save state your way to the end.

super hang on...lets you chose the difficulty and amt of time for each checkpoint...the wii version had this too...but on the 3ds you can extended the time even much further...and if you choose the easiest difficulty then the other racers cant touch you lol..you can go through them! very easy...even wii didnt have this option. you can still get hit from the trees and billboards on the edge of the road though.

on streets of rage...if you choose death fist....then you kill each enemy with 1 punch! lol super easy mode...on the original game you could choose your difficulty... you can do that here too...but you can also choose how many lives you get..(up to 7) and you can choose which stage to start at.. like sonic.

i didnt realize this games were so packed with options and cheats!

i also bought ecco,space harrier and galaxy force2....but havnt tried them yet....who knows what goodies theyll have.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Those cheats are pretty cool! I may consider getting Sonic.