rumored next gen handheld news!! Any Hardware experts here??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by outworld222 (2311 posts) -

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/01/21/rumoured-next-gen-nintendo-specs-leak-online/

Here they are:

I'm posting both consoles,

FUSION DS

• CPU: ARMv8-A Cortex-A53 GPU: Custom Adreno 420-based AMD GPU
  • COM MEMORY: 3 GB LPDDR3 (2 GB Games, 1 GB OS)
  • 2 130 mm DVGA (960 x 640) Capacitive Touchscreen
  • Slide Out Design with Custom Swivel Tilt Hinge
  • Upper Screen made of Gorilla Glass, Comes with Magnetic Cover
  • Low End Vibration for Gameplay and App Alerts
  • 2 Motorized Circle Pads for Haptic Feedback
  • Thumbprint Security Scanner with Pulse Sensing Feedback
  • 2 1mp Stereoptic Cameras
  • Multi-Array Microphone
  • A, B, X, Y, D-Pad, L, R, 1, 2 Buttons
  • 3 Axis Tuning Fork Gyroscope, 3 Axis Accelerometer, Magnetometer
  • NFC Reader
  • 3G Chip with GPS Location
  • Bluetooth v4.0 BLE Command Node used to Interface with Bluetooth Devices such as Cell Phones, Tablets
  • 16 Gigabytes of Internal Flash Storage (Possible Future Unit With 32 Gigbytes)
  • Nintendo 3DS Cart Slot
  • SDHC “Holographic Enhanced” Card Slot up to 128 Gigabyte Limit
  • Mini USB I/O
  • 3300 mAh Li-Ion battery

FUSION TERMINAL

• GPGPU: Custom Radeon HD RX 200 GPU CODENAME LADY (2816 shaders @ 960 MHz, 4.60 TFLOP/s, Fillrates: 60.6 Gpixel/s, 170 Gtexel/s)
  • CPU: IBM 64-Bit Custom POWER 8-Based IBM 8-Core Processor CODENAME JUMPMAN (2.2 GHz, Shared 6 MB L4 cache)
  • Co-CPU: IBM PowerPC 750-based 1.24 GHz Tri-Core Co-Processor CODENAME HAMMER
  • MEMORY: 4 Gigabytes of Unified DDR4 SDRAM CODENAME KONG, 2 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz (12.8 GB/s) On Die CODENAMED BARREL
  • 802.11 b/g/n Wireless
  • Bluetooth v4.0 BLE
  • 2 USB 3.0
  • 1 Coaxial Cable Input
  • 1 CableCARD Slot
  • 4 Custom Stream-Interface Nodes up to 4 Wii U GamePads or 4 DSc
  • Versions with Disk Drive play Wii U Optical Disk (4 Layers Maximum), FUSION Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD) and Nintendo 3DS Card Slot.
  • 1 HDMI 2.0 1080p/4K Port
  • Dolby TrueHD 5.1 or 7.1 Surround Sound
  • Inductive Charging Surface for up to 4 FUSION DS or IC-Wii Remote Plus Controllers
  • Two versions: Disk Slot Version with 60 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage and Diskless Version with 300 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage.

What my question is is that does the new "ds" have a dual screen? Additional comments are welcome.

#2 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4320 posts) -

I don't know too much about hardware, but those specs seem really good to me. Any possibility of the terminal actually being a console? I'd be pissed!

#3 Edited by ANIMEguy10034 (4603 posts) -

Rumor screams fake, but I'll play along. I like the names. I'm no expert in hardware, but I like some of those specs. The rest seems like complete gibberish. Handheld with L1 and L2 buttons: lolno. Yep, that's all I can say as a layman. There's very little chance this is true though.

#4 Posted by outworld222 (2311 posts) -

I don't know too much about hardware, but those specs seem really good to me. Any possibility of the terminal actually being a console? I'd be pissed!

What I believe is that the terminal is a console.

#5 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4320 posts) -

@good_sk8er7 said:

What I believe is that the terminal is a console.

That's what it looks like. I just got the Wii U!!

#6 Edited by V3rciS (2207 posts) -

too early... too fake

#7 Posted by hydralisk86 (8493 posts) -

@V3rciS said:

too early... too fake

I heard someone say many months ago on this website that console makers actually start making/and or planning the next consoles right after the current on is released. So maybe this is real info.

#8 Posted by Chozofication (2681 posts) -

Yes, and it's fake.

#9 Posted by osan0 (12536 posts) -

@hydralisk86: oh they do. nintendo are certainly working on the wiiu successor and the 3DS successor is probably pretty well developed now (we should be seeing that at 2016 i think). its the same with sony and MS, work on the PS5 and X2 has already begun.

this is clearly fake though. i mean 3GB in the next nintendo handheld is just nonsense. itll be 1GB at most. that right there is a red flag.

Motorised circle pads in a handheld..anyone want to take a stab at what is wrong with that?

the specs are nonsense.

#10 Posted by wiifan001 (18312 posts) -

oh bs,

Wii U is barely a year old and the 3ds hasn't been out for 3 years yet

#11 Posted by TTUalumni13 (446 posts) -

Lol at anyone gullible enough to fall for it

#12 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (6854 posts) -

These rumors need to go away. They're garbage. Fake. Hogwash. Jank. Throw it under the bus and walk away.

#13 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4570 posts) -

Fake. That's two 5.11 inch screens, essentially two Vita stacked on each other. Also, 128GB cards? Lol, no the flash memory for that alone would cost $40 the price of a new 3DS game. Also, no way it has 3GB RAM. Maybe 2GB RAM in 2015-2016 but even then they'd likely leave only 1GB for games, 1GB for OS.

Please, this is so bogus.

#14 Edited by Master_Of_Fools (1249 posts) -

Phony. Nintendo keeps their mouth shut. They don't "Leak" if something leaked we would have heard about Nintendo firing the guy.

#15 Posted by Blabadon (25187 posts) -

Please go one screen on your handhelds again Nintendo.

#16 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4570 posts) -

@hydralisk86: They do that, yes. They don't choose friggin' CPU/GPU and part suppliers and exact clock speeds until 1-2 years before launch. The Wii U started in 2009 and no one knew its hardware until late 2010 and that was Nintendo developers only, then third parties in 2011 and it didn't even ship until late 2012, with changes to the hardware happening as late as mid-2012.

This rumor is fake people, plain as day. Maybe the 3DS successor is being finalized a bit right now and possibly coming out late 2015 or 2016 but not a new console.

#17 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4570 posts) -

@Blabadon: Here's something to blow your mind. One fold-able screen that is 6 inches but folds to be about the size of a DS Lite when closed.

On the topic of this rumor LOL its so silly that they actually think Nintendo would know how much OS RAM they'll need years before release? 1GB FOR OS? Are you kidding me? This is the sort of thing that is barely finalized a month before launch because things change too often with OS's.

#18 Posted by sailor232 (4259 posts) -

Nintendo never releases specs, not to anyone. It can't be a leak because it even took months after the WiiU came out to find out that's specs, and then that is only speculation.

#19 Posted by Mr3DPlayer (11 posts) -

I don't think so, they never tell us this ahead of time.

#20 Posted by Virtual_Erkan (984 posts) -

Nintendo is like, "PS4 and X1 are the leaders of gaming? We will take my revenge. You will see. We will make a machine that is 4 times stronger than yours."

#21 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (6854 posts) -

@V3rciS said:

too early... too fake

I heard someone say many months ago on this website that console makers actually start making/and or planning the next consoles right after the current on is released. So maybe this is real info.

No, it's not. The 8-core Power8 based CPU should be a dead giveaway. Not only would it be hideously expensive, but it's total overkill. Couple that with the puny RAM pool and you have a package that makes absolutely no sense. This spec sheet is made up. Ill-thought wishful thinking at best.

#23 Posted by mariokart64fan (19347 posts) -

the wiiu is going to be 2 yrs this year let me remind you nintendos consoles usually are out 5 years before the next one comes out wii was the first since nes to be more then 5 ,

so that being said nintendo does plan their console the minute they release the last one so this could be true to give ms and sony a tight squeeze think about it , if this releases 2-3 yrs from now ms and sony will be stuck with consoles for 8yrs nintendo would caught up and then had another one 5 yrs after that to release w the competition

#24 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4570 posts) -

@wiifan001: The 3DS will be three years old on February 26th. Other rumors say Nintendo chose the SoC for a "new platform" in early 2013. Going by history, that would mean 2 years before we even see this "New platform". I don't doubt that a "third pillar" 3DS successor could be inttroduced in 2015, just not with the specs from this rumor.

I'm willing to beat it will be a bit more powerful than the Vita, have a sub-HD display, maybe use AMD ARM hardware and will be sold at a profit at launch for $149 with games $15-$30. Nintendo say the days of selling hardware for $200 and software for $40-$50 may be over so there's that

#25 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4570 posts) -

@YearoftheSnake5: To be fair the rumor (which is bogus) says its 4GB DDR4 memory which would be very fast and effective, pretty much nearly on par with 8GB DDR3 memory. Ideally I'd like Nintendo to release a new home console in 2016, get third parties on board (especially GTA IV, which should be ready around then) and pack it with the successor to AMD's Jaguar, maybe 12-core @2Ghz, 12GB-16GB RAM, 80-96MB eDRAM, 2.5-4Tflop GPU, etc. Heck throw in 128GB SSD in there and we're good. The most important thing would be make the controller simple, an evolved Pro Controller that costs no more than the Dual Shock 4 costs now ($18) to make. In Fall 2016 this could feasibly be $299, maybe at a profit or a small loss.

#26 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4357 posts) -

I don't think the lesson Nintendo learned as of late is that more expensive hardware will sell. Anyway the specs are clearly fake, the console Terminal system would pretty much be like Nintendo releasing a future day PS3. It was a bad idea when Sony did it, it's a worse idea for Nintendo to do it.

#27 Edited by TJDMHEM (79 posts) -

nice info.