renegade Kid teasis "big FPS 3DS" announcement

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by outworld222 (2429 posts) -

http://n4g.com/news/1428625/renegade-kid-teasing-big-3ds-fps-announcement

You guys happy about this??

#2 Posted by trugs26 (5556 posts) -

FPS on the 3DS. Meh. But we'll see. If it's creative, I'll consider it.

#3 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4768 posts) -

I'm definitely curious. Their DS games were graphically impressive and I did find some enjoyment in the Dementium games.

Thanks for the info.

#4 Posted by TTUalumni13 (496 posts) -

Isn't this the mutant mudds dev? If so it would be worth a look, good dev.

#5 Edited by ristactionjakso (5730 posts) -

Cool. How will the controls handle tho? Are there any other fps on the 3ds?

#6 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16788 posts) -

It's probably gonna be Dementium 3. Can't wait to see more fragmented, poor storytelling.

#7 Posted by JuanGrande386 (1115 posts) -

@ristactionjakso said:

Cool. How will the controls handle tho? Are there any other fps on the 3ds?

Move with the circle pad, aim/look with the stylus on the touchscreen, shoot with L......You never tried any FPS on the DS did you?

#8 Posted by Audacitron (915 posts) -

It's about damn time. Three years since the console launched.

I know people always say such games are better on home consoles, but I want to see an FPS make use of the 3D screen.

#9 Posted by ristactionjakso (5730 posts) -

@JuanGrande386 said:

@ristactionjakso said:

Cool. How will the controls handle tho? Are there any other fps on the 3ds?

Move with the circle pad, aim/look with the stylus on the touchscreen, shoot with L......You never tried any FPS on the DS did you?

Never had a ds.

#10 Edited by outworld222 (2429 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer said:

It's probably gonna be Dementium 3. Can't wait to see more fragmented, poor storytelling.

I second this.

@ristactionjakso said:

Cool. How will the controls handle tho? Are there any other fps on the 3ds?

None except if you consider Revelations one.

@ttualumni13 said:

Isn't this the mutant mudds dev? If so it would be worth a look, good dev.

Yes, they're known for their good FPS games before they ventured into the second dimensional.

Oh and @animeguy, you're welcome.

#11 Posted by darkmark91 (2873 posts) -

Cool, this has me excited. :)

#12 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16788 posts) -

@outworld222: Lol in all seriousness, the games are pretty solid, although the second one is about a million times better than the first. I really dug the environments in 2. in 1 every hallway looked pretty much the same, and I'm not just saying that.

#13 Edited by darkmark91 (2873 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer said:

@outworld222: Lol in all seriousness, the games are pretty solid, although the second one is about a million times better than the first. I really dug the environments in 2. in 1 every hallway looked pretty much the same, and I'm not just saying that.

Have you ever been to a real hospital? Every hallway pretty much does look the same... So in their defence they did a pretty accurate rendition of how a hospital is suppose to be. Plus did it it limit the playability of the game? The hospital levels were not that big so getting lost is pretty hard.

#14 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16788 posts) -

@darkmark91: Trust me, I've been in a hospital before. Let me put it this way: the otherworldly sections of the second game did wonders for breaking up the pace. There could have been a lot more variety in the environments thanks to the supernatural element. It's still a solid enough game (although the save system was atrocious) but the second one is miles better.

#15 Posted by am_h8ter_ade (31 posts) -

I never picked up their DS games. I have considered tracking them down to give it a shot. Which one should I get?

#16 Posted by outworld222 (2429 posts) -

@am_h8ter_ade said:

I never picked up their DS games. I have considered tracking them down to give it a shot. Which one should I get?

Try Dementium 2 and Moon. Nice looking games.

#17 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -

Moon was bad. Dementium was sufficiently creepy that I turned around and sold it 24 hours after I bought it(I have no stomach for scary, and I thought I could take it with the chintzy graphical power they could squeeze out of the DS, but I was wrong).

Also, if you look at a couple of the replies, you'll see he stated adamantly that the CPP will be supported. I hope it's not Dementium 3, because I really want to throw money at a 3DS FPS that supports the CPP. Maybe other 3DS devs would get the idea.

#18 Posted by Audacitron (915 posts) -

@El_Zo1212o said:

Moon was bad. Dementium was sufficiently creepy that I turned around and sold it 24 hours after I bought it(I have no stomach for scary, and I thought I could take it with the chintzy graphical power they could squeeze out of the DS, but I was wrong).

Also, if you look at a couple of the replies, you'll see he stated adamantly that the CPP will be supported. I hope it's not Dementium 3, because I really want to throw money at a 3DS FPS that supports the CPP. Maybe other 3DS devs would get the idea.

Other devs had 3 years to do so. It looks like no one wants to put the effort into it. It's too bad Conduit 3DS never happened. They put it out on smartphones instead.

The FPS Renegade Kid are working on is Cult County. Unless they're doing Dementium 3 as well, but they haven't said anything to indicate that. You can see 3d stills of Cult County on your 3ds.

#19 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16788 posts) -

Just looked up pics of cult county. Here's hoping it's creepy.

#20 Posted by Audacitron (915 posts) -

My guess is that they're going to do a 3D port of one or more of their earlier titles. They did a 3D version of ATV Wild Ride, so if they have the rights to do the same for Dementium or Moon, I think it's something they'd consider.