Renegade Kid announces a new game! I promise this is good.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4210 Posts

The game is called xeodrifter, and it will draw inspiration from Metroid.

Kind of a good long read.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/04/renegade-kid-announces-xeodrifter-for-nintendo-3ds/

Guys I really smell this will be good. Also, he emphasizes Treasurenauts is not forgotten about, along with some of their other projects.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Hmm... it has caught my interest.

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

I'd rather play Axiom Verge and Reven from what I know of them.

Renegade Kid's speciality seems to be cloning classic 8-bit games with a new colour palette and a different name. It seems as though Nintendo fanboys especially overly praise them.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#4 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Renegade Kid is only decent. I'm basing this off of the two Dementium games... The first one was riddled with issues but the second was pretty solid.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

@Star0 said:

+1 on Axiom Verge. That looks like it will be awesome.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 outworld222

@Star0 said:

Renegade Kid's speciality seems to be cloning classic 8-bit games with a new colour palette and a different name. It seems as though Nintendo fanboys especially overly praise them.

But don't you think you've already pre-judged a game before its release? This game really seems to have potential, don't you think? :P

@turtlethetaffer said:

Renegade Kid is only decent. I'm basing this off of the two Dementium games... The first one was riddled with issues but the second was pretty solid.

Yes, but they showed real improvement in the second game. They seem to be improving with time. Remember moon? :P

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

@outworld222: You're judging it to have potential and I'm judging it to have none. Ultimately, we're both pre-judging the game. Axiom Verge has mining aspects and, as far as I'm aware, a unique glitch mechanic. Reven has a mission creator and a unique energy system that you can manipulate to tackle any obstacle as well as ability crafting. The visuals are also superior. I'll keep my eye on Xeodrifter, but Renegade Kid hasn't really impressed me with their games so far. If they do this time then great. If not then I still have two other games I was more hopeful about to begin with.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 outworld222

@Star0 said:

@outworld222: You're judging it to have potential and I'm judging it to have none. Ultimately, we're both pre-judging the game. Axiom Verge has mining aspects and, as far as I'm aware, a unique glitch mechanic. Reven has a mission creator and a unique energy system that you can manipulate to tackle any obstacle as well as ability crafting. The visuals are also superior. I'll keep my eye on Xeodrifter, but Renegade Kid hasn't really impressed me with their games so far. If they do this time then great. If not then I still have two other games I was more hopeful about to begin with.

Good point :P But I take it you have no faith in treasurenauts eh?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#9 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@outworld222: Never played Moon

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 outworld222

@turtlethetaffer said:

@outworld222: Never played Moon

It was a DS game that made a huge wave during the "hayday" of the DS. Currently for this year, RK will release the episodic episodes, with next year all new content. I'm kinda meh about it because I have already experienced this years releases.