Recommend me some new 3DSXL Accesories!

#1 Edited by MeteoricVII (6 posts) -

Hey all.

Recently my 3ds xl broke. Getting a new one soon, and I've decided I'm gonna do it right this time. I've already ordered a set of Hori Screen Protectors, as well as a Circle Pad Pro XL.

I have a flimsy case from GameStop, so I intend on getting a new one as well. Anyone have some cool (and slightly cheap) accessories?

Also, share your game collection, as well as add on and accessories for your 3ds!

I plan on getting:

• Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Animal Crossing New Leaf
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ulimate
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

I already have both Pokemon X and Y, with New Super Mario Bros. as well.

#2 Edited by GH05T-666 (298 posts) -

@meteoricvii

Buy the new Super Smash Bros 3DS XL it looks great and comes with the game. Link ---> Super Smash Bros 3DS XL

also buy The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Link ---> The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

The Hori Screen Protectors are great, I got them for me and they are easy to put on and are very scratch resistant.

#3 Edited by lamprey263 (23975 posts) -

I heard there's a battery upgrade out there that doubles the life of the XL, and I'm not talking about that bulky battery pack either, it basically replaces the one in the 3DS XL, without any change to it's dimensions... can't find the article but I was reading about it the other day, said that you can only order it from Nintendo themselves but went on the website and couldn't find it. Anyhow, if you're looking for upgrades a battery expansion is probably something to consider but you might have to hunt for it, and this one sounds about right since you'd getting the circle pad pro upgrade and I don't know if that'll work with an external battery pack attachment.

I'd also see about upgrading the SDHC card size if you plan on downloading anything.

As for games, I'd recommend:

• Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • Star Fox 3D
  • Bravely Default
  • Project X Zone
  • Mario Golf
  • if you're into SMT games (which are kind of an acquired taste), there's Devil Survivor: Overclocked, Soul Hackers, SMT4, the upcoming Persona Q, and somewhere down the line they're supposed to release Devil Survivor 2: Record Break.

In upcoming games there's:

• Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright
  • Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney games are coming soon in a trilogy for the 3DS, doesn't include Apollo Justice or the Miles Edgeworth games, but if you've never played them then that's something you might consider if you ever want to play the latest Ace Attorney games made specifically for the 3DS.
  • Persona Q, which is a crossover between Persona 3 & 4, so if you're familiar with those games, which are probably the most accessible SMT games IMO and my favorite JRPGs of all time, so yeah, if you're familiar with the series then have at. If not, if you have a PS3 both Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 are downloadable on the PS Store, or if you've a PS2 you can still get disc copies new for around $15 each on Amazon.

Also, don't forget Nintendo DS titles are playable on the 3DS, and look much better on a 3DS XL screen. If you've never had a Nintendo DS then there's a bunch of games out there worth playing. But keep in mind, it might be hard to hunt a lot of those games down. Some can still be found cheap, even new, while others even used copies might be pricey to hunt down.