deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

There's a calibration section. Personally didn't have to use it, but perhaps it can be useful. Also, the double image is a stereoscopic enigma referred to as "cross talk", if it is what I think you are seeing. That is more game specific. Both 3D Zeldas have it--it helps turning the 3D down a bit.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

@geminontraveler said:

bought a new 3DS and just cannot seem to get the 3D to work right....

i have noticed tons of people praising the 3D and saying it looks beautiful and works perfectly.... but man, i dunno what they are talking about.

i get really bad double images on anything that is lightly colored on the screen, and if i hold the 3DS too close to my face, the screen just flickers constantly back and forth... too far away and i get the same thing. even when im holding it "14 inches from your face".... i still get it some times.... its like the head tracking isnt working right?

i really do like playing games in 3D, but geez, it takes away from the experience with these issues. has anyone else had problems with this? any advice?

As Heirren said, play with your calibrations and level of 3D to see if that helps. If not I can only think of a few other possibilities.

1. Faulty system. It sometimes happens. When I got my launch Wii U it couldn't read discs so I had to send it back to the shop I bought it from and get a new one.
  2. It could be your eyes. I'm short sighted in my left eye (not bad enough to need glasses but it's there) and 3D just doesn't work at all for me as a result and instead I always see a double image.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

yea that ghosting is still there...even if you are in the sweet spot....

seems that is still one of the issues with the 3D.

luckily it only happens off and on but yea its there. usually in dark areas only.

you shouldnt have flickering though.... try playing you 3ds while sitting this is how the 3D works best.