nima0041

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 nima0041
Member since 2013 • 50 Posts

Hello! I have a lot of questions regarding the Wii U and region lock, hope you can answer them :D ;

1. If I buy a Wii U in the US and bring it to Europe, I can use and buy games off the American eShop as if I were in the US and it wouldn't cause any problems, correct?

2. I went to the Nintendo World store in New York, and an employee told me that a US Wii U in Europe, wouldn't work with new updates, the eShop wouldn't work, and nothing would work. I checked the internet, and all he said was completely wrong. According to what I read, updates will work as normal, and I'll have the American eShop in Europe. Who's correct, me or him?

3. If I can use the American eShop in Europe, the prices will be the same as if I were in the US, correct?

4. Which European controllers work with the Wii U? I'm thinking all of them, except the Gamepad, is this correct?

5. How will Nintendo Club work for me with a US Wii U in Europe?

6. If I buy Mario Kart 8 in the US together with my US Wii U, am I still able to get the free extra game if I use the Wii U in Europe?

7. If I use HDMI, PAL and NTSC won't be a problem, correct?

8. Does Nintendo have international warranty?

That's all of them, thanks! :D

hyperjj3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hyperjj3000
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts

Hi , I live in the UK and i have a US Wiiu and the eshop works fine for me, i still buy games sometimes on there and the prices are the same as if i were in the US. Obviously you cant buy retail games but as long as you're fine with buying them from the eshop its not a problem. I cant use my club nintendo US account anymore because they don't ship stuff outside the US so you cant use that anymore but it should work fine to get the free game because its just a code you enter to get it. I dont think nintendo has an international warranty but im not 100% sure.