Michimune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1 Michimune
Member since 2015 • 33 Posts

Tales of the Abyss was brought over to the 3DS, before that it was a PS2 title....

I wonder if they can do that with some other PS2 titles as well. Some may not seem like a good port or remake, but I do have some games that I might buy if they were brought to the 3DS...

Off the top of my racked brain :P

Okami, .hack franchise, Disgaea franchise (I know there's a Disgaea DS!), Grim Grimoire, Phantom Brave, and Mystic Heros (have it for GC but it would be interesting to see it on the 3DS).

I'm bearing in mind the 3DS is a portable with limits but it still seems like it would be cool to see these PS2 games get ported/remade on to the 3DS.

Your thoughts?

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#2 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Time splitters would be a dream come true

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

There were a lot of great games on the PS2. While I would rather like to see some new games instead of ports, I do think it would be cool to see Dragon Quest 8 get ported over to the 3DS. I never got the chance to play that one. I know in Japan they either released or are releasing Dragon Quest 7, which was a Playstation title.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#4 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Dark Cloud, and Dark Cloud 2 (or Dark Chronicle as it's know in some locations) would be nice to see on 3DS at some point, if only so it'd unlock the possibility for a 3rd game in the series.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#5 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

The New 3DS would easy be able to handle PlayStation 2 games ported over. So if some developers were to do so that would be great. So the New 3DS could really be a portable PS2. The PSP was billed as such but the 1.5 GB limit for UMD disc was a limitation. The New 3DS does support SD card like media that is greater than 1.5GB up to 8GB so that would be able to handle the largest of PS2 games. Plus with 2 analog controls the NEW 3DS could really be the true Portable PS2. lots of RPG's and JRPG''s could be ported over to the New 3DS.

Michimune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Michimune
Member since 2015 • 33 Posts

@Megavideogamer said:

The New 3DS would easy be able to handle PlayStation 2 games ported over. So if some developers were to do so that would be great. So the New 3DS could really be a portable PS2. The PSP was billed as such but the 1.5 GB limit for UMD disc was a limitation. The New 3DS does support SD card like media that is greater than 1.5GB up to 8GB so that would be able to handle the largest of PS2 games. Plus with 2 analog controls the NEW 3DS could really be the true Portable PS2. lots of RPG's and JRPG''s could be ported over to the New 3DS.

Adding three more: Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2