Power Surge Problems...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Shmig (22 posts) -

My little brother was palying my Wii and forgot to turn it off when we had to leave the house. We then had a power surge while we were out and now it wont even turn on. Does anyone have a solution or should I just get a new one with my warranty?

P.S. I had all my data on a memory card, so at least not all is lost.

#2 Posted by Link_188 (5770 posts) -
I dunno, but some guy i know on gamepsot had the same problem wii was on power surge Boom no more onnie. But he waited for few hours or days and it worked again. Try waiting 1 or 2 mor days then if it doesnt work call nintnendo.
#3 Posted by cheebs84 (2 posts) -
This is absolute horsesh!t. My girlfriend and I have a wii and it IS PLUGGED INTO A SURGE PROTECTOR. Power goes out and now the wii is not working. TV, DVD player, cable box, nyko controller recharger, everything works. BUT NOT THE DAMN WII. What a piece of garbage. So now we have to head to the godd@mn video game store to buy a new one and try that. Bullsh!t.
#4 Posted by andrewham7 (440 posts) -

This is absolute horsesh!t. My girlfriend and I have a wii and it IS PLUGGED INTO A SURGE PROTECTOR. Power goes out and now the wii is not working. TV, DVD player, cable box, nyko controller recharger, everything works. BUT NOT THE DAMN WII. What a piece of garbage. So now we have to head to the godd@mn video game store to buy a new one and try that. Bullsh!t.cheebs84

is ur wii still on warranty?

#5 Posted by ECG_24 (1653 posts) -

These threads come up much too often. *Sigh*

Unplug your Wii, leave it alone for a few minutes and try again.