Power Surge Problems...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shmig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Shmig
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

My little brother was palying my Wii and forgot to turn it off when we had to leave the house. We then had a power surge while we were out and now it wont even turn on. Does anyone have a solution or should I just get a new one with my warranty?

P.S. I had all my data on a memory card, so at least not all is lost.

Link_188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Link_188
Member since 2006 • 5770 Posts
I dunno, but some guy i know on gamepsot had the same problem wii was on power surge Boom no more onnie. But he waited for few hours or days and it worked again. Try waiting 1 or 2 mor days then if it doesnt work call nintnendo.
cheebs84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cheebs84
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
This is absolute horsesh!t. My girlfriend and I have a wii and it IS PLUGGED INTO A SURGE PROTECTOR. Power goes out and now the wii is not working. TV, DVD player, cable box, nyko controller recharger, everything works. BUT NOT THE DAMN WII. What a piece of garbage. So now we have to head to the godd@mn video game store to buy a new one and try that. Bullsh!t.
andrewham7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 andrewham7
Member since 2004 • 440 Posts

This is absolute horsesh!t. My girlfriend and I have a wii and it IS PLUGGED INTO A SURGE PROTECTOR. Power goes out and now the wii is not working. TV, DVD player, cable box, nyko controller recharger, everything works. BUT NOT THE DAMN WII. What a piece of garbage. So now we have to head to the godd@mn video game store to buy a new one and try that. Bullsh!t.cheebs84

is ur wii still on warranty?

ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ECG_24
Member since 2008 • 1653 Posts

These threads come up much too often. *Sigh*

Unplug your Wii, leave it alone for a few minutes and try again.