Pokemon X and Y Update and Discussion Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Posted by HowlingLotus (440 posts) -

Hope all these new features will keep me interested. BW1 bored me to death and BW2 were a step-up, but I still haven't finished it. Just sitting there on my games shelf. 

#352 Posted by sonictrainer (15185 posts) -

Pokémon X & Y - Special Event

A new special showcase has been revealed. For the first time ever, Japan will receive a trade show dedicated to Pokémon called the Pokémon Game Show. Running from August 17th to August 18th in Tokyo's Big Sight venue, this event will provide the latest in news for Tretta, Anime and Cards as well as give visitors an opportunity to play Pokémon X & Pokémon Y before others. The full details of this trade show will be revealed in July

Serebii

Once again, Japan gets another awesome event I can't go to...:|

#353 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4818 posts) -

If we're lucky, we might get a similar event for selected cities around the continent... heh... :P

#354 Posted by sonictrainer (15185 posts) -

1180_477066662379626_690032995_n.jpg

The next Saga of the Anime will start in October in Japan

#355 Posted by Inferi-Fang (71 posts) -

sonictrainer
God no! Wish they would use a new trainer or something!
#356 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
[QUOTE="sonictrainer"]

Inferi-Fang

nope, as long as there are gullible young maidens in the world, ash will keep sucking the youth out of them to remain permanently 10.
#357 Posted by Inferi-Fang (71 posts) -
[QUOTE="Inferi-Fang"][QUOTE="sonictrainer"]

BrunoBRS

nope, as long as there are gullible young maidens in the world, ash will keep sucking the youth out of them to remain permanently 10.

so Ash is a vampire o_o?
#358 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Inferi-Fang"]God no! Wish they would use a new trainer or something!Inferi-Fang

so Ash is a vampire o_o?

he just sacrifices their blood through satanic rituals.

http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/halolz-dot-com-pokemonblackandwhite-tvshow-headexplode.jpg

#359 Posted by Inferi-Fang (71 posts) -

[QUOTE="Inferi-Fang"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] nope, as long as there are gullible young maidens in the world, ash will keep sucking the youth out of them to remain permanently 10.BrunoBRS

so Ash is a vampire o_o?

he just sacrifices their blood through satanic rituals.

http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/halolz-dot-com-pokemonblackandwhite-tvshow-headexplode.jpg

I'll be sure to warn the masses of his intentions!

AshFace-Ending_zps0fe28f41.png

#360 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4818 posts) -

So... does anyone here watches the anime? Cos I completely gave up on it sometime after the Cestelia City and I want to know how good it is now in order to be hyped or bummed out by the new season. :P

#361 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
[QUOTE="Inferi-Fang"][QUOTE="sonictrainer"]

BrunoBRS

He looks so thin in that poster...
#362 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

So... does anyone here watches the anime? Cos I completely gave up on it sometime after the Cestelia City and I want to know how good it is now in order to be hyped or bummed out by the new season. :P

ANIMEguy10034
i think the last time i watched it he was just starting sinoh, and i wasn't exactly following it prior to that.
#363 Posted by sonictrainer (15185 posts) -

The Global Link has updated with an notice regarding the Pokémon Global Link. First, the Global Link will open up for a special X & Y version on October 12th 2013, after a 12 day long maintenance from the start of October. However, from October 12th 2013, various Pokémon Black, White, Black 2 & White 2 features will go offline.

• Putting a Pokémon to sleep will go offline on December 10th 2013. 
  • The trial version of the Dream World will go offline on October 12th 2013, as will new user registration. 
  • The GTS tracking for Gen V ends on January 14th 2014 and Rating Mode on Random Matchup goes offline on January 14th 2014. 
  • The ability to do WiFi Memory Link in Black 2 & White 2 also goes offline on January 14th 2014.
  • C-Gear, Musical and Pokédex Skin changing deactivates on January 14th.
  • Waking up your Pokémon to get items and Pokémon also deactivates on January 14th. You will be able to wake your Pokémon up from the game side at any time, but the ability to do so from the Global Link deactivates on January 14th

However, using the GTS in the games, Free Rating in the Random Matchup and all the other in-game online features will continue. It's currently unclear what features the new Global Link will have but when we have these details, they'll be posted

Serebii

Not sure how I feel about this...:|

#364 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="Serebii"]

The Global Link has updated with an notice regarding the Pokémon Global Link. First, the Global Link will open up for a special X & Y version on October 12th 2013, after a 12 day long maintenance from the start of October. However, from October 12th 2013, various Pokémon Black, White, Black 2 & White 2 features will go offline.

• Putting a Pokémon to sleep will go offline on December 10th 2013. 
  • The trial version of the Dream World will go offline on October 12th 2013, as will new user registration. 
  • The GTS tracking for Gen V ends on January 14th 2014 and Rating Mode on Random Matchup goes offline on January 14th 2014. 
  • The ability to do WiFi Memory Link in Black 2 & White 2 also goes offline on January 14th 2014.
  • C-Gear, Musical and Pokédex Skin changing deactivates on January 14th.
  • Waking up your Pokémon to get items and Pokémon also deactivates on January 14th. You will be able to wake your Pokémon up from the game side at any time, but the ability to do so from the Global Link deactivates on January 14th

However, using the GTS in the games, Free Rating in the Random Matchup and all the other in-game online features will continue. It's currently unclear what features the new Global Link will have but when we have these details, they'll be posted

sonictrainer

nothing of importance was lost.
#365 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4818 posts) -

Hopefully Global Link becomes more useful and Japanese exclusive Dream World pokemon will be a thing of the past.

#366 Posted by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

All I have to say is if they are going to cut off Gen V online almost completely then they better make Gen VI's GTS amazing or I will be mad.  For one thing make searching a little easier like see who wants this kind of pokemon, delete the pokemon that request Reshiram lvl 9 and under or similar, and seeing more than a few trades.  I hate having to go through every little option to see most of them.

#367 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Serebii"]The Global Link has updated with an notice regarding the Pokémon Global Link. First, the Global Link will open up for a special X & Y version on October 12th 2013, after a 12 day long maintenance from the start of October. However, from October 12th 2013, various Pokémon Black, White, Black 2 & White 2 features will go offline.Putting a Pokémon to sleep will go offline on December 10th 2013. The trial version of the Dream World will go offline on October 12th 2013, as will new user registration. The GTS tracking for Gen V ends on January 14th 2014 and Rating Mode on Random Matchup goes offline on January 14th 2014. The ability to do WiFi Memory Link in Black 2 & White 2 also goes offline on January 14th 2014.C-Gear, Musical and Pokédex Skin changing deactivates on January 14th.Waking up your Pokémon to get items and Pokémon also deactivates on January 14th. You will be able to wake your Pokémon up from the game side at any time, but the ability to do so from the Global Link deactivates on January 14thHowever, using the GTS in the games, Free Rating in the Random Matchup and all the other in-game online features will continue. It's currently unclear what features the new Global Link will have but when we have these details, they'll be postedsonictrainer

I know exactly how I feel, this sucks. Pokemon makes enough money for them to keep the servers going.

#368 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4818 posts) -

Pokemon makes enough money for them to keep the servers going.Pixel-Perfect

Now I wonder where all the money goes...
Second best selling video game franchise, millions of units sold per game, the TCG seems to be going strong since they keep releasing new cards, and they can't keep BW(2)'s Global Link servers running simultaneously with XY's servers for more than a few months. All those millions of dollars can't be gone with merchandise, advertisement, salaries, maintenance, shipping, and international events... or can it?
Hmm... This looks like a job for Professor Hershel Layton!

layton-point.jpg

#369 Posted by JustBoomer (184 posts) -

Realy looking forward to Poke'mon X ;)

#370 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="sonictrainer"][QUOTE="Serebii"]The Global Link has updated with an notice regarding the Pokémon Global Link. First, the Global Link will open up for a special X & Y version on October 12th 2013, after a 12 day long maintenance from the start of October. However, from October 12th 2013, various Pokémon Black, White, Black 2 & White 2 features will go offline.Putting a Pokémon to sleep will go offline on December 10th 2013. The trial version of the Dream World will go offline on October 12th 2013, as will new user registration. The GTS tracking for Gen V ends on January 14th 2014 and Rating Mode on Random Matchup goes offline on January 14th 2014. The ability to do WiFi Memory Link in Black 2 & White 2 also goes offline on January 14th 2014.C-Gear, Musical and Pokédex Skin changing deactivates on January 14th.Waking up your Pokémon to get items and Pokémon also deactivates on January 14th. You will be able to wake your Pokémon up from the game side at any time, but the ability to do so from the Global Link deactivates on January 14thHowever, using the GTS in the games, Free Rating in the Random Matchup and all the other in-game online features will continue. It's currently unclear what features the new Global Link will have but when we have these details, they'll be postedPixel-Perfect

I know exactly how I feel, this sucks. Pokemon makes enough money for them to keep the servers going.

they have no reason to keep supporting it though, at least not features like freaking dream world and C-gear skins.
#371 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4818 posts) -

New Japanese trailer

basically a Japanese version of what was revealed during E3, but with new footage and awesome in-game music.

Finally, a pokemon game with music not limited by the hardware. *____*

#372 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4818 posts) -

K8cEmfi.jpg

yVzAirt.png

THE GOLD ONE IS SO ****ING AMAZING!!!!!!!! :shock::o:shock::o !!!!

Japanese exclusive as of now. The Gold 3DSLL are even more exclusive as they can only be bought in Pokemon Center stores (as of now... hopefully).

#373 Posted by sonictrainer (15185 posts) -

Hitotsuki

This is "Hitotsuki" (Japanese Name), a Ghost/Steel type Pokemon.

#374 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
saw the trailer and the special covers (wish i could just apply the skin on my blue one). golden one has a cooler decal, but not a fan of golden hardware :P
#375 Posted by vguy555 (4624 posts) -

If those special edition systems come to North America, I'd preorder one right away.  

#376 Posted by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

That new pokemon has the honour of being the first one this gen that I really hate.

#377 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4818 posts) -

Hmm... I'm not sure what to think about Swordy.

http://pokebeach.com/news/0713/hitotsuki-2.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/news/0713/hitotsuki-3.jpg

It looks better when it's sheathed, IMO. Can humans use it? :P It would be nice if it has a creepy backstory (like most Ghost-type pokemon do). Maybe it was born when a fallen knight's soul was transferred into his sword?  OR whoever uses this cursed sword will die a slow and painful death? Idk. I need more time to grow on it.

#378 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4818 posts) -

Also, I hope it knows Swords Dance! :lol:

#379 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

That new pokemon has the honour of being the first one this gen that I really hate.

Sora278

Why it looks cool.

#380 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Hmm... I'm not sure what to think about Swordy.

http://pokebeach.com/news/0713/hitotsuki-2.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/news/0713/hitotsuki-3.jpg

It looks better when it's sheathed, IMO. Can humans use it? :P It would be nice if it has a creepy backstory (like most Ghost-type pokemon do). Maybe it was born when a fallen knight's soul was transferred into his sword?  OR whoever uses this cursed sword will die a slow and painful death? Idk. I need more time to grow on it.

ANIMEguy10034

It could be like Katana's sword from DC Universe where her sword contains the soul of her husband. Maybe it does have a soul transferred to the sword.

#381 Posted by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sora278"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

Why it looks cool.

Because it is literally just a sword.  If it stayed sheathed maybe I would be fine with it but it does not even have a face and why does it have a sheath in the first place if it comes off and not part of it?

#382 Posted by spike6958 (4878 posts) -
Hmm, hope this isn't a turn for the worst. Aside from Mewtwo's awakened form which is completely unnecessary, the Gen 6 Pokemon have been awesome until now. I would have thought GameFreak would have learnt from the negative reaction to the Icecream and Trashbag that people dislike objects been used Pokemon. Though it's typing is pretty cool so that's a plus, lets hope this is a one off and not the start of a downward trend because they've done really well until now.
#383 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

[QUOTE="Sora278"]

Sora278

Why it looks cool.

Because it is literally just a sword.  If it stayed sheathed maybe I would be fine with it but it does not even have a face and why does it have a sheath in the first place if it comes off and not part of it?

The trend from Black & White continues...

c7c834d0-c618-4a96-af8b-e5d79bc88a60.jpg

#384 Posted by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

I consider the sword to be worse.

#385 Posted by Poez34 (62 posts) -

I'm exited about pokemon x and y

#386 Posted by Soulreavercross (19890 posts) -
I am just hoping that sword pokemon has a kickass evolution
#387 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Hmm... the sword looks cool when it's sheathed, but without it... well, it's just a sword with an eye apparently. Not exactly A+ character design.

#388 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4818 posts) -

I am just hoping that sword pokemon has a kickass evolutionSoulreavercross
I will cry tears of joy if it has an awesome final evolution and fantastic stats to complement it's amazing typing. Steel/Ghost has 3 immunities, 8 resistances, and 2 weaknesses (1 weakness if it has Levitate, which I'm hoping).

I wonder when we're going to get its official English name. I'm calling it Excaliboo for now~

#389 Posted by metroidfood (11173 posts) -

[QUOTE="Soulreavercross"]I am just hoping that sword pokemon has a kickass evolutionANIMEguy10034

I will cry tears of joy if it has an awesome final evolution and fantastic stats to complement it's amazing typing. Steel/Ghost has 3 immunities, 8 resistances, and 2 weaknesses (1 weakness if it has Levitate, which I'm hoping).

I wonder when we're going to get its official English name. I'm calling it Excaliboo for now~

I will be disappointed if it's anything other than Hexcalibur.

It seems like it'll be a single stage, I like its design but I agree it seems a little plain unsheathed. We can also cross Steel/Ghost off the list of awesome typings that don't exist, I hope Normal/Ghost is up next.

#390 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4818 posts) -

...yeah, I prefer that name.

+1 for Hexcalibur.

#391 Posted by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

I will be disappointed if its battle cry is not "FOOL!"

#392 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4818 posts) -

Sora278

poNVGti.png

Took me way too long to create this. :lol:

#393 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Sora278

Soul Eater reference.

#394 Posted by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sora278"]

ANIMEguy10034

Took me way too long to create this. :lol:

I like it. XD  That is really great, just imagine that in the game.

#395 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
I am just hoping that sword pokemon has a kickass evolutionSoulreavercross
i'm hoping its evolution is actually a ghost that wields the sword. then i might consider it.
#396 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4818 posts) -

[QUOTE="Soulreavercross"]I am just hoping that sword pokemon has a kickass evolutionBrunoBRS
i'm hoping its evolution is actually a ghost that wields the sword. then i might consider it.

Im actually hoping for something like this:

Spirit+Tracks+Zelda+Phantom.png

and Link's the trainer. :P It'll really suit the Steel/Ghost typing.

#397 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Soulreavercross"]I am just hoping that sword pokemon has a kickass evolutionANIMEguy10034

Im actually hoping for something like this:

Spirit+Tracks+Zelda+Phantom.png

and Link's the trainer. :P It'll really suit the Steel/Ghost typing.

well those are called PHANTOMS. so my point stands :P
#398 Posted by sonictrainer (15185 posts) -

A new Pokemon was recently revealed!

Pokémon

Honedge

• "Honedge" is the recently revealed, new Ghost/Steel Type Pokémon.
  • Honedge can learn Swords Dance.
  • Honedge Trivia: "Honedge comes into being when a departed spirit inhabits a sword that once belonged to humans. It can use the blue cloth attached to its hilt as nimbly as an arm. If you were to carelessly take this blade in hand, you may find that blue cloth wrapping around you...draining the energy from your body!"
#399 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

I was sort of right when I said that the sword was the spirit of a warrior who previously owned the sword.

#400 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
Honedge? really? >.>