Pokemon X and Y Update and Discussion Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Minishdriveby (9630 posts) -

inb4 the story is about cloning and fossils and genetic experiments. also, i'll be shocked if porygon (or a successor to it) doesn't make an appearance :PBrunoBRS
Hahaha, I was thinking they should just make the mascot pokemon Unkowns. :P

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0xjG-i82Bp3X9ZD8V4u9

#152 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
but it's a pokemon about 3D graphics, if it doesn't get at least a nod on the game that finally makes use of 3D models, i'll be baffled :P plus, porygon is much cooler than unowns
#153 Posted by Minishdriveby (9630 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]but it's a pokemon about 3D graphics, if it doesn't get at least a nod on the game that finally makes use of 3D models, i'll be baffled :P plus, porygon is much cooler than unowns

CONFIRMED! PORYGON Z is legendary pokemon of third game.
#154 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]but it's a pokemon about 3D graphics, if it doesn't get at least a nod on the game that finally makes use of 3D models, i'll be baffled :P plus, porygon is much cooler than unowns

CONFIRMED! PORYGON Z is legendary pokemon of third game.

but you can have a bunch of porygon z's already :P totally going to be the only choice of starter though. pokemon yellow all over again.
#155 Posted by dsrules13 (1624 posts) -

I'll be going with Fennekin in this one. I usually use fire starters, Oshawott is the only water one I've used first. Plus I like the design better than the others.

I don't really like Froakie's too much and Chespin's face looks really familiar.

#156 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]did anyone ever datamine the game to find out if it's real or just some internet rumor? >.> all in all, seems pretty pointless.Soulreavercross
It's real, I've been there. Not really worth the effort since the island only contains wild Wynauts and a berry tree

I'd like to go there, purely just for the whole mysterious rarity of it all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it also the island you encounter Deoxys on through the mystery gift event way back when?

#157 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

I'm usually a water type guy. I went Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Piplup, and then Oshawott in B/W2 (I chose Snivy in B/W to try something different). I think this time it'll either be Chespin or Fennekin though. Froakie looks awesome, but i'd like to try something new, and I have nothing against either of the other two thus far!

#158 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
gen 1: went with bulbasaur, but was never much of a fan of any of them or the evolutions gen 2: went with chikorita first, but cyndaquil and evos are my favorites. gen 3: went with torchic first, but replayed the gen so much i've played extensively with all 3 starters. love all of them and all their evos (except combusken, it can go die in a corner, the ugly thing) gen 4: went with piplup, because it was the less meh of them. and empoleon is kinda cool. gen 5: went with snivy, but not a fan of its final stage. oshawott's evos aren't half bad i guess. gen 6: chespin is my favorite (or 'less meh') starter, but we'll see how the evolutions look like before making a choice.
#159 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4667 posts) -

I've always picked the water starter and I might pick water again. I really love Fennekin, but I don't want to break tradition. :P Froakie looks cool, especially when mad.

#160 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

[QUOTE="Soulreavercross"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]did anyone ever datamine the game to find out if it's real or just some internet rumor? >.> all in all, seems pretty pointless.Defy_The_Fallen

It's real, I've been there. Not really worth the effort since the island only contains wild Wynauts and a berry tree

I'd like to go there, purely just for the whole mysterious rarity of it all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it also the island you encounter Deoxys on through the mystery gift event way back when?

No, that was Birth Island in Fire Red and Leaf Green.

#161 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

I've always picked the water starter and I might pick water again. I really love Fennekin, but I don't want to break tradition. :P Froakie looks cool, especially when mad.

ANIMEguy10034
Yeah, I have always choose the Water starter too.
#162 Posted by Cloud_765 (111386 posts) -
Except for my first playthrough of Red Version, my first playthrough of Ruby Version, and some oddball runs, I always go with the Water type as well.
#164 Posted by TriniPlayer (7722 posts) -

More fanboysm.

GreekGameManiac
You come to a pokemon thread where fans talk about the current and upcoming games and you say fanboyism? you need a job or something to get that extra time off your hands cuz clearly you're bored
#165 Posted by bionicle_lover (4501 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

More fanboysm.

TriniPlayer

You come to a pokemon thread where fans talk about the current and upcoming games and you say fanboyism? you need a job or something to get that extra time off your hands cuz clearly you're bored

it's not even his first time in the thread, so im going to go ahead and guess he's just out here fishing. Dont take the bait, no matter how delicious.

#166 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Ok,maybe i'll be optimistic...

...after Gen VI.

:)

#167 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

Although it was pretty obvious, the starters are not dual types in their basic forms.

#168 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Although it was pretty obvious, the starters are not dual types in their basic forms.

sonictrainer

It might not of been obvious Bulbasaur was dual type in its basic form.

#169 Posted by Cloud_765 (111386 posts) -

The only starter to begin dual-typed. The only one.

#170 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

Cloud_765
you sure? i can't shake the feeling that it's not the case, but i can't be assed to check :P
#171 Posted by KnightSkull (1698 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cloud_765"]

BrunoBRS

you sure? i can't shake the feeling that it's not the case, but i can't be assed to check :P

RBY - Charmander - Fire, Bulbasaur - Grass/Poison, Squirtle - Water, Pikachu - Electric

GSC - Cyndaquil - Fire, Chikorita - Grass, Totodile - Water

RSE - Torchic - Fire, Treecko - Grass, Mudkip - Water

DPP - Chimchar - Fire,Turtwig - Grass, Piplup - Water

BW/2 - Tepig - Fire, Snivy - Grass, Oshawott - Water

XY - Fennekin - Fire, Chespin - Grass, Froakie - Water

So yes, Bulbasaur is the only dual-type starter :P

#172 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Cloud_765"]

KnightSkull

RBY - Charmander - Fire, Bulbasaur - Grass/Poison, Squirtle - Water, Pikachu - Electric

Well, the only starter to start out as a dual type.

Charmander, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, and Tepig have evolve forms that are dual-types.

#173 Posted by KnightSkull (1698 posts) -

[QUOTE="KnightSkull"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] you sure? i can't shake the feeling that it's not the case, but i can't be assed to check :Psonictrainer

Well, the only starter to start out as a dual type.

Charmander, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, and Tepig have evolve forms that are dual-types.

That is what I ment as the evolutions of the starters are not starters themselves ;) :P

#174 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

That is what I ment as the evolutions of the starters are not starters themselves ;) :P

KnightSkull

They are in my book

#175 Posted by KnightSkull (1698 posts) -

[QUOTE="KnightSkull"]

sonictrainer

They are in my book

But you don't get to pick Charizard, Feraligatr, Sceptile ect at the start of the game so they can't be starters.

To be wrong your book seems, so I recommend, a new one, you get. Yeesssssss.

:P

#176 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

But you don't get to pick Charizard, Feraligatr, Sceptile ect at the start of the game so they can't be starters.

KnightSkull

If you pick Charmander, Totodile, or Treecko, you're basically picking Charizard, Feraligatr, or Sceptile.

You can't call them ender or finisher Pokemon because that sounds kinda lame and can apply to any Pokemon that evolves.

Anyway, IT'S RUMOR TIME

[spoiler] According to someone on a Japanese site, the English names and types for the Starter evolutions, as well as some other Pokemon.

Chespin
-Chespike
-Chespear

Fennekin
-Flannec
-Fernox
(evolve forms are Psychic and Fire)

Froakie
-Ribbub
-Froabanet
(evolve forms are Water and Fighting type)

Other Pokemon
Finchett
Finches (Forme X)
Fincho (Forme Y)
Xerneas - Grass/???
Yveltal - Fire/???
Zanarol - Rock/???
Deryn - Steel
Lunyrite - Rock
Stapyre - Fire

[/spoiler]

#177 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

*shamelessly steals joke from another site*

behold, the legendary that will be on pokemon Z:

[spoiler] http://media.tumblr.com/01b0a1dabfaaa72f1c40a07559ec5ec3/tumblr_inline_mgbd7jL8yA1qbys63.png [/spoiler]

#178 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4667 posts) -
Anyway, IT'S RUMOR TIME

[spoiler] According to someone on a Japanese site, the English names and types for the Starter evolutions, as well as some other Pokemon.

Chespin
-Chespike
-Chespear

Fennekin
-Flannec
-Fernox

Froakie
-Ribbub
-Froabanet

Other Pokemon
Finchett
Finches (Forme X)
Fincho (Forme Y)
Xerneas - Grass/???
Yveltal - Fire/???
Zanarol - Rock/???
Deryn - Steel
Lunyrite - Rock
Stapyre - Fire

[/spoiler]

sonictrainer
These names... version exclusive formes... the typing... Everything about this rumor is crazy enough to be legit. I'm impressed. :o

*shamelessly steals joke from another site*

behold, the legendary that will be on pokemon Z:

[spoiler] http://media.tumblr.com/01b0a1dabfaaa72f1c40a07559ec5ec3/tumblr_inline_mgbd7jL8yA1qbys63.png [/spoiler]

BrunoBRS
:lol:
#179 Posted by Minishdriveby (9630 posts) -

[QUOTE="KnightSkull"]

sonictrainer

If you pick Charmander, Totodile, or Treecko, you're basically picking Charizard, Feraligatr, or Sceptile.

You can't call them ender or finisher Pokemon because that sounds kinda lame and can apply to any Pokemon that evolves.

Anyway, IT'S RUMOR TIME

Chespin
-Chespike
-Chespear

Fennekin
-Flannec
-Fernox

Froakie
-Ribbub
-Froabanet

Other Pokemon
Finchett
Finches (Forme X)
Fincho (Forme Y)
Xerneas - Grass/???
Yveltal - Fire/???
Zanarol - Rock/???
Deryn - Steel
Lunyrite - Rock
Stapyre - Fire

[/spoiler]

Darwin's Finch pokemon confirmed
#180 Posted by KnightSkull (1698 posts) -

I don't know why but I get the feeling Xerneas will be Steel/Dark and Yveltal will be Fire/Dark.

I'm probably wrong but that's what types I think they look like, only time will tell.

Anyway I'll be getting Y and my starter will be Fennekin because I always pick the Fire starter (please don't turn into Fire/Fighting).

#181 Posted by Minishdriveby (9630 posts) -

I don't know why but I get the feeling Xerneas will be Steel/Dark and Yveltal will be Fire/Dark.

I'm probably wrong but that's what types I think they look like, only time will tell.

Anyway I'll be getting Y and my starter will be Fennekin because I always pick the Fire starter (please don't turn into Fire/Fighting).

KnightSkull
Xerneas shouldn't be a dark type. His antlers look like they are really refractive; they shine and are full of colors and light.
#182 Posted by KnightSkull (1698 posts) -

[QUOTE="KnightSkull"]

Minishdriveby

Xerneas shouldn't be a dark type. His antlers look like they are really refractive; they shine and are full of colors and light.

But that could be the steel part of him, so he can be shiny and still have a dark side ;)

I do think Xerneas and Yveltal will share 1 type between them just like the cover legendaries in gens 2,4 and 5 (Flying, Dragon, Dragon). I just think Dark fits the best for both of them.

#183 Posted by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

^ No I think they will be opposites. A deer and a wyvern should not be similar.

#184 Posted by KnightSkull (1698 posts) -

^ No I think they will be opposites. A deer and a wyvern should not be similar.

Sora278

Sharing 1 type wouldn't make them similar.

If it did then sharing a type would also make an alligator and a rabbit similar

[spoiler] 160.png is not similar to 184.png [/spoiler]

or a pig and a bell similar

[spoiler] 326.png is not similer to 437.png [/spoiler]

But as having the same type doesn't make things similar it's all good :)

I'm probably wrong about the types anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

#185 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2126 posts) -

Cannot wait, most hyped game of 2013. I'll be getting both version but will play through X and have my brother play through Y. Anyone hear how many new Pokemon are supposed to be in it? My friend said over 50, but that would be disappointing if it was that low.

#186 Posted by Minishdriveby (9630 posts) -

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="KnightSkull"]

KnightSkull

But that could be the steel part of him, so he can be shiny and still have a dark side ;)

I do think Xerneas and Yveltal will share 1 type between them just like the cover legendaries in gens 2,4 and 5 (Flying, Dragon, Dragon). I just think Dark fits the best for both of them.

Still don't think they'll share dark type.
#187 Posted by metroidfood (11173 posts) -

Cannot wait, most hyped game of 2013. I'll be getting both version but will play through X and have my brother play through Y. Anyone hear how many new Pokemon are supposed to be in it? My friend said over 50, but that would be disappointing if it was that low.

NoirLamia777

They haven't specified, all we know is the total will be over 700, which means they have to add at least 52 new Pokemon.

#188 Posted by NaveedLife (17175 posts) -

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

metroidfood

They haven't specified, all we know is the total will be over 700, which means they have to add at least 52 new Pokemon.

You cant catch all of them in the new one though right? You have to transfer old ones I would imagine.

#189 Posted by Minishdriveby (9630 posts) -

[QUOTE="metroidfood"]

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

NaveedLife

You cant catch all of them in the new one though right? You have to transfer old ones I would imagine.

Possibly, but they'll have over 700 3D models which is pretty crazy.
#190 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4667 posts) -
Over 700 3D models + all gender differences, formes, and shiny. :shock:
#191 Posted by Minishdriveby (9630 posts) -
Over 700 3D models + all gender differences, formes, and shiny. :shock:ANIMEguy10034
I'm assuming they would have 700 3D models whether or not all of them will be in game is questionable. They may do something like Ruby and Sapphire which had all the pokemon sprites but only 200 pokemon were available in the game. They may take out gender differences though. I would presume that shinies and formes will remain.
#192 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]Over 700 3D models + all gender differences, formes, and shiny. :shock:Minishdriveby
I'm assuming they would have 700 3D models whether or not all of them will be in game is questionable. They may do something like Ruby and Sapphire which had all the pokemon sprites but only 200 pokemon were available in the game. They may take out gender differences though. I would presume that shinies and formes will remain.

Somebody from GameFreak said they will have atleast 700 Pokémon in X and Y.

#193 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2126 posts) -

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

metroidfood

Okay that's pretty nice then

#194 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
Over 700 3D models + all gender differences, formes, and shiny. :shock:ANIMEguy10034
well shinies are just reskins, and they could just save the gender differences for pokes that have different shapes based on gender, rather than save two models. still impressive, but they don't have to have so much raw data :P
#195 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

Who's that Pokemon?

Who's that Pokemon?

#196 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

Scan Information in progress:

The Pokemon in the pic above is named "Ninfia" in Japanese.

#197 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

Ninfia revealed.

ninfia.jpg

Most definitely a Eeveelution.

#198 Posted by velvateena (10 posts) -
New Eeveelution!!
#199 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4667 posts) -

Looks like a Normal type to me. I'm not too crazy about the design, but I hope it has a good movepool and stat distribution.

EDIT: I just realized that it could be a fighting type eeveelution. :o

#200 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4667 posts) -

It's only been a couple of hours since the scan was revealed and Ninfia fanart are coming in by the dozens. Pokemon fans are truly dedicated. :shock:

tumblr_mi3btqzCyi1s410gbo1_500.png

It really reminds me of Skitty.